• Published 13th Aug 2018
  • 990 Views, 25 Comments

Super Smash Bros. The RPG - FandomPlays1234



When Fandom get's sucked into his favorite game series, his life becomes a whole new world of games, anime, and even the internet

  • ...
5
 25
 990

Chapter 2: Newcomer

"Welcome to the training field," said Reiko stopping in the middle of a ring. Fandom walked in followed by two kitsune guards, one of them holding a mysterious box.

"Seems pretty small," said Fandom.

"Yet it's the one of the many places our troops like to train," said Reiko smiling.

"I'll get used to it," said Fandom. "So where do we start?"

"Do you know how RPGs work?" asked Reiko. Fandom nodded. "Well then looks like I don't have to explain much,"

"Really?" asked Fandom.

"There is however something our Emperor wants me to give you," said Reiko. She snapped her fingers as the guard holding the box walked next to her. She took the box and held it out towards him. "Every warrior needs a weapon," Fandom stepped forward and opened the box to find two large golden crosses with blue jewels centered in the middle of both. Strange green light could be seen inside the crosses.

"Am I killing vampires or something?" asked Fandom.

"This is called the Cross Boomerang," answered Reiko.

"This?" asked Fandom. "And it don't look like no boomerang to me,"

"It's called this because it's a set," answered Reiko. "The way this work is you throw both crosses which will then strike any opponents in a X formation," explained Reiko. "However the best part is that once thrown, he crosses spin around and return to it's owner while striking the enemy in another X formation on the way back,"

"So it's a boomerang that hit's 4 times?" asked Fandom. Reiko nodded.

"The light you see in the crosses are used to scan it's master's presence," said Reiko. "The one who made this forged it out of magic and metal so that whoever was chosen to be the legendary hero would be able to use this to their own free will,"

"And that hero was me," said Fandom.

"Yes, however it's not just a boomerang, it can be used as other forms of weapons," said Reiko.

"Really?" asked Fandom.

"Allow me to demonstrate," said Reiko.


Twilight quickly ran behind the castle's pillars as several Primids walked by looking in all directions for the intruder. For the past week strange things had been taking place all over Equestria. Someone for some reason whatsoever, had freed or resurected the villains she and her friends had defeated in the past. Tirek, Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis, King Sombra, Mane-iac, and even the Storm King. But what was even weirder was the fact they were all working together and taking orders from an unknown individual. Not only that but strange creatures had invaded Equestria and now Twilight was the only one who hadn't been captured. She looked out from behind the pillar to see the Primids were still there. She figured that teleporting out of there was the best bet when she heard footsteps. She could hear the footsteps stop as two figures started talking.

"Did you find her yet?" asked the first figure. The Primids responded with a deep gurgling sound.

"Tch she's a fast one I tell ya," said the second figure.

"Calm yourself Bowser," said the first figure.

"How could I Sakura?" growled the second figure.

"For the last time it's Sakuya, Sakuya Izayoi!" hissed the second figure.

"Whatever," snorted Bowser.

"Listen I know it's frustrating but trust me, Lord Origin never goes back on his word," said Sakuya.

"How would YOU know that, I've only known this guy for two weeks," growled Bowser.

"And I've known him for a month," said Sakuya.

"Why you, I outta strangle you right now!" roared Bowser. Twilight flinched as the sound of a loud smack rang out from behind.

"Enough, standing here bickering isn't going to get us anywhere!" hissed Sakuya.

"Agreed," Bowser growled. "Alright you know the deal get to it!" The Primids responded with a gurgling sound as they all split up.

"Come on," said Sakuya. Twilight could hear Bowser grumbling as he stomped away with Sakuya.

'Alright now's my chance," said Twilight.


Fandom watched as the cross came flying back into his left hand for the fifth time in a row. "hey I'm getting pretty good at this don't ya think?" asked Fandom.

"Absolutely, I knew I knew you were the right person," said Reiko clapping.

"And since I know how RPGs work I shouldn't have trouble in battle right?" asked Fandom.

"I think you already know the answer to that," answered Reiko.

"Sorry to interrupt miss Reiko," a guard spoke up. The two turned their attention towards the kitsune. "We seem to have an unwanted guest," Reiko and Fandom looked at each other and nodded.

"Where are they?" asked Reiko.

"Some of our patrols captured her and she's currently meeting with the emperor," answered the guard.

"Alright we'll head over there immediately," said Reiko. The guard saluted and let the ring. "Let's go," Fandom nodded as he followed her out.


The two hurried back to the emperors room where they found a purple unicorn with wings being watched over by two guards.

"Ah you made it," said Sakaki.

"We heard about this unwanted guest," said Fandom. Sakaki looked over to the pony who was nervously watching them.

"That's her?' asked Reiko.

"Yes, according to villagers, they say she just appeared out of nowhere," answered Sakaki. Fandom looked over and noticed a green marker over her head.

"Wait," said Fandom. Everyone looked towards Fandom.

"You're majesty doesn't a green marker mean friend in an RPG?" asked Fandom.

"Yes," answered Sakaki. "Why do you ask.

"In that case," Fandom said smiling. "Guards release her!" Fandom ordered.

"What?!" gasped the kitsunes.

"The Emperor says that a character with a green marker means friend," said Fandom. "This pony has a green marker over her head,"

"What how can you tell?" asked Reiko.

"I'm the legendary player remember, I can see who's friend or foe," answered Fandom.

"Well if he says she's safe then I suppose we can let her go," said Sakaki. The guards hesitated and looked over to Fandom who nodded his head. Deciding to trust him, they cut off the ropes bounding the pony.

"Thank you so much," said the pony.

"Anytime," said Fandom.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle," said the pony holding out her hoof.

"Fandom," said Fandom shaking her hoof. "And that's Reiko," said Fandom pointing to her.

"Hello," said Reiko waving her hand.

"Say Twilight how did you get here?" asked Fandom. So Fandom, Reiko, and everyone else in the room listened to twilight as she explained her situation back in Equestria.

"Sir isn't that?" asked one kitsune.

"Yes, it's no doubt that Origin has already annexed this pony's world," Sakaki answered seriously.

"Well I suppose that's where I'll start," said Fandom.

"Whoa hold it are you ready?" asked Sakaki.

"Definitely," answered Fandom.

"I must say, I'm impressed at how quick he got used to his new gift," said Reiko.

"I see, and it appears he knows a lot about RPGs so I guess that's good news for us," said Sakaki.

"Well then I'm off," said Fandom.

"Now hold on, who said you were going alone?" asked Sakaki.

"What do you mean sir?" asked Fandom.

"Well first off, you don't know where the gate that leads to her world is do you?" asked Sakaki. Everyone looked at him waiting for a response. Fandom blushed and looked down.

"No sir I don't," answered Fandom.

"Well then I suppose she could go with you," said Sakaki. "I'm counting on you Reiko," Reiko bowed before Sakaki and turned to face Fandom.

"Well nice knowing you," said Reiko holding out her hand.

"Try to keep up alright?' asked Fandom shaking her hand. Suddenly the environment around Fandom froze as several large words appeared next to Reiko followed by a smacking sound effect.

Newcomer
Reiko
Enters the Friend Zone!

"Nice this game has splash screens," said Fandom. The words disappeared as the environment began to move again. At that moment catchy music began to play as a text box appeared in front of Fandom.

Reiko joined your party!

"Well we're officially a party now," said Reiko smiling.

"What about you Twilight?" asked Fandom.

"I suppose it's better to stick with you guys," said Twilight holding out her hoof. Smiling, Fandom took her hoof as the environment froze and her splash screen played out.

Newcomer
Twilight Sparkle
Reporting for Duty!

"Can't tell if that's going to get old," Fandom mumbled to himself. The splash screen disappeared as the catchy music began to play with another text box appearing in front of him.

Twilight Sparkle joined your party!

"Welcome Twilight," said Reiko.

"Thanks," said Twilight.

"Well now that you've formed you're party, you should get going," said Sakaki. "Reiko should know where the gate is, but I suggest you visit Doctor Mension first,"

'Who?" asked Fandom.

"Doctor Mension is the professor that's studying worlds, but most of us just call him D. Mension," answered Reiko.

"Sweet Celestia, does everyone here have strange names?" asked Twilight.

"Not everyone, but enough talk, let's get going," said Reiko. Twilight and Fandom nodded their heads in agreement. The three said their goodbyes as they left the building. Now with his new skills and party, Fandom was about to start the adventure of his life.

Author's Note:

Chapter 2 complete. Congrats Fandom not only did you get yourself a new weapon and some skills, but you also made your first party. Hopefully they can free Equestria from Origin's control. But here we are introduced to the main antagonist of the Mario series Bowser and one of the many villains from the Touhou series, Sakuya Izayoi. We're also introduced to some of the members of the Subspace Army.