• Published 13th Aug 2018
  • 2,307 Views, 15 Comments

Let's Runaway - Mirror Star



Instead of being forced to chose between families, what if Pear Butter and Bright Macintosh simply ran away together

  • ...
5
 15
 2,307

Goodbye Ponyville

In the middle of the night, Bright Mac and Pear Butter sneaked out of their homes to meet each other on the line that separates their families orchards. They had to talk about something important.

Pear Butter said with a sad tone "I got your message.

Bright Mac said "Me too. So, Grand Pear and the Pear Family are thinking of leaving Ponyville to go to Vanhoover.

Pear Butter said "Yeah. Is Annie Smith asking you to help settle a town in the middle of the desert with some of the Apple Family?

Bright Mac said "Yep. This is very important to her, but that would mean I would be apart from you.

Pear Butter said as she started to cry "And going with my father means I would be apart from you too. I don't want that.

Bright Mac said wiping away the tear "Neither do I."

Pear Butter asked "What are we going to do?"

Bright Mac said "We could just come clean about our relationship. Tell your father and my mother about us and how serious we are about each other."

Pear Butter said "Do you think they'll allow it?"

Bright Mac said "Nope, especially my mother. If anything, she's as stubborn as a mule."

Pear Butter said "The same goes for my dad."

Bright Mac said "Buttercup."

Pear Butter said "Yes." Bright Mac then bowed and placed his hoof in front of her

He then said "Will you marry me?"

Pear Butter said in shock "What?"

Bright Mac said "You heard me. Let's get married and leave Ponyville together. I don't know what we'll do or where we'll go, but I don't want to be apart from you ever. I don't care what my mom or your dad says about apples and pears not being able to work together, I'm certain about us. So certain that I want to marry you now."

Pear Butter said placing her hoof on his "I would too."

The next day, Bright Mac and Pear Butter made plans in secret to leave Ponyville together and go somewhere else. They talked to Burnt Oak, Chiffon Swirl, and Ms. Mare to help them. Burnt Oak told them about a friend of his outside of Ponyville who can help them find a place for them; he wouldn't know the exact place where his friend would take them just so that he and the others wouldn't know so Grand Pear and Annie Smith would pressure them to tell them. Chiffon agreed to help in hiding their bags for their move; both Bright Mac and Pear Butter agreed to travel light as to not arouse any suspicion. As for Ms. Mare, all she did was get them train tickets; however, Bright Mac asked her to help him with something else too.

Later that night, Bright Mac sneaked out of the house and headed for the entrance to the Pear Family farm, but not before leaving a letter on the fridge addressed to Annie Smith. When he arrived, Pear Butter is there waiting for him.

Bright Mac said "I hope you weren't waiting long."

Pear Butter said "I wasn't. I just left a note to Grand Pear on the kitchen table. We should probably head for the train station."

Bright Mac said "Not yet. There's one more place we have to go to first. Close your eyes."

Bright Mac grabbed Pear Butter by the hoof and escorted her to town hall. When they arrived at the entrance, he told her that she can open her eyes. He then opened the door to find the place decorated with lights, barrel of apples and pears, a red carpet, and a white arch; Burnt Oak is on the right side, Chiffon is on the left, and Ms. Mare underneath the arch with a book and a flower-pot in front of her.

Bright Mac said "It's not much, but I figured if we're going to get married we should do it right."

Pear Butter said giving him a hug "It's lovely."

Bright Mac said "Your lovely."

Ms. Mare shouted "Not to interrupt this lovely moment, but why don't we begin."

The two of them walked down the aisle together. When they arrived at the arch, they looked at each other with loving eyes. They held up seeds, an apple and a pear, put them in the pot on opposite sides, and buried them together in the soil. Ms. Mare gave the official wedding ceremony speech to officiate the union between Bright Macintosh and Pear Butter. After some long, ceremonious words, she arrived at the finale.

Ms. Mare said "Do you, Bright Macintosh, take Pear Butter to be your lawfully wed wife?"

Bright Mac said "I do."

Ms. Mare said "Do you, Pear Butter, take Bright Macintosh to be your lawfully wed husband?"

Pear Butter said "I do.

Ms. Mare said "Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you to, husband and wife."

With that said, Pear Butter kissed Bright Macintosh passionately. As they kissed, Chiffon and Burnt Oak let out tears of happiness.

Later, they went to the train station where the train is waiting for them. Before the two got on, they were talking to their best friends who were also giving them gifts.

Burnt Oak said as he gave him a present "I hope everything goes well for you two. My friend said that he'll get you two someplace away from here." Bright Mac opened it and it's a photo of their first plow race together.

Bright Mac said "Thanks for this, Burnt Oak. It means a lot." They give each other a hoof-bump

Burnt Oak said "Anything for my best friend."

Chiffon said as she gave Pear Butter a green recipe book "These are some new recipes that I made that I tested myself. I haven't released them to the public yet, so I figured you should be the first one to have them."

Pear Butter said "I'll be sure to use them as soon as possible."

Chiffon said "There's also a special baby formula recipe that I have in there too, you know if you two get started soon."

Pear Butter said "I'll be sure to use it."

Ms. Mare said "Bright Macintosh. Pear Butter. Be sure to come back when you two are ready. Know that you two are always welcome here."

Bright Mac and Pear Butter said together "We will, someday."

With that said, Bright Mac and Pear Butter got on the train together. As soon as the train got moving, the two looked out the window and waved goodbye to their friends. Unbeknownst to them, the caboose of the train had a banner with the words "Just Married" on it with an apple and a pear together with a heart surrounding it.

On the train, Bright Mac and Pear Butter are taking one last look at Ponyville as the train is leaving. The two were uncertain with what their new future is going to be like, but as long as they had each other they can conquer anything that their future holds for them.

It would be a long time before they would return to Ponyville again.


(Many years later)

At the train station, the train arrives at Ponyville station; many ponies arriving for the Summer Sun Celebration. As passengers got off the train, a family of seven got off the train together.

Bright Mac said "Looks like we're here."

Pear Butter said "Big Macintosh, Shiny Bartlett, Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Pear Slices. Welcome to Ponyville."

Author's Note:

While this is a one-shot, I am open to doing more chapter/one-shot stories about this AU since the overall concept of them simply running away from their families was something I thought as good option than what we saw in the Perfect Pear; I like the episode, one of the best in season 7, but that scene at the end of the flashback is sad.

Comments ( 15 )

This was fantastic. really hope you do the sequel chapter.

This story can't be just a one-shot, especially with that ending. There's just gotta be more. I wanna know what Shiny Bartlett and Pear Slices look like. :raritystarry:

i would love to know what would happen if granny smith finds them

I'm intrigued. Is love to know how this pans out with Granny Smith and Grand Pear

I don't want to be a dick but I guess I'm going to be. Did you even bother to read your own story before posting it? We are all people and it's completely normal to have typos in your story but for god's sake, you miss like 5 quotation marks at the very beginning of it. You could have easily avoided this if you had taken a glance at the story before actually posting it. That just shows no respect for your readers.

9107608
There are much nicer ways to suggest an editor, you know. There's no need to piss and moan.

That said, yes this story could use a lot of polish. But it's a genuinely intriguing idea and I'm definitely keeping an eye on it. Besides, in the end the only one who HAS to like your writing is you, author-person, so write however you want and have fun. We're spectators, not your boss.

Good luck!

Nekon #7 · Aug 13th, 2018 · · 1 ·

9107828
I'm not talking about an editor. Just read once what you've written before posting it.

Besides, in the end the only one who HAS to like your writing is you, author-person

No, it's not. Otherwise, nobody would ever post their stories on the internet and instead just store them up on their PC.

Sequel plz~ I'm dying to know more especially how this affects the elements and so on

At the mention of a note on the kitchen table I thought of this.

9107833
Okay, let me spell this out for you: no one has a right to be a dick to the author, including you. So how about we both shut the hell up and you go somewhere else if you think this is so bad. The rest of us are here to have fun.

Deep Sniff: BOI.
Deep Sniff: Nice idea.
Deep Sniff: Great story!
Deep Sniff: Sequel Please.

Overall, this is an amazing take on how the episode played out; but as a friend, I have to say this: deep sniff: GRAMMAR ERRORS.

LOL, they aren't really noticeable and can be ignored - except for all those "said's" that my English class would hate.
That was just to remind you since you probably already know due to other readers, no pressure; I not trying to be mean.
All-in-all, it's a great story and I cannot wait to see your writing and stories improve. :)

Mon

OMG THIS IS SSOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD
PLEASE CONTINUE THIS WORK, THIS AU DESERVES TO BE TOLD!!!!

Edit: I really wanna make some fanart of Shiny Bartlett and Pear Slices so could you give some basic info, just what they look like so i can bring your characters to life, thank you and have a wonderful day.

I like this story, I hope you continue it in a sequel.

Also, I hope you have them make hybrid apple/pear trees and farm them, be a nice symbolic gesture I think.

I like this story. This story need a sequel.

Login or register to comment