• Published 9th Aug 2018
  • 2,534 Views, 107 Comments

Equestria Girls/Sonic Boom: The Crossover Series Pre-Sequel Sequel - GreenS21



The students of Canterlot High find themselves dealing with a conflict from a brand new world in this crazy, impossible crossover of spin-off proportions!

  • ...
4
 107
 2,534

The Meeting

It was looking to be another typical day at school for Rainbow and her friends, and for once, even Twilight couldn’t wait for it to be over even though it hadn’t quite begun yet. Despite their disappointment, their near success at actually meeting Sonic the other day had made them confident, very sure that they would succeed this time. What they didn’t know yet was that it was already a guarantee, one that was going to require very little effort on their part.

Sunset was a little late getting to school that morning. Sonic and Tails had kept her out later than she’d expected due to them going into great detail about where and how they were going to meet up with her and her friends, with a lot of focus being given in regards to how they should expect Sticks to react when she met them. Despite being a bit tired, Sunset entered the school with high spirits and started looking for her friends.

It didn’t take her long to locate them, finding them in the empty classroom they’d been using for their meetings. They had all been talking, but they stopped when they heard the door open and turned to see Sunset stepping into the room. Rainbow was the first to speak, “You’re kinda late today, Sunset.”

Sunset shrugged as she walked over to them, “Yeah, I know.”

Pinkie suddenly popped up in front of her, bringing her to a halt as the pink girl spoke, “So? Aren’t you excited?! We’re doing the Sonic search again after school! We’re trying to decide where to start looking and everything!”

Applejack asked, “Did ya figure anything out yesterday that might help us find ‘em?”

Sunset smiled, “Yes, actually, but I had a better idea for today. Instead of going to look for them today, why don’t we just go meet them?”

Her friends gave her confused looks at this. “‘Meet them’?” Twilight asked before she and Spike shared a look.

Rainbow pointed at her, “Wait… Whoa, are you saying you…?”

Sunset nodded, “Yeah! I actually managed to pick up on their trail after we packed it in and find them!”

Rainbow asked, “Why didn’t you tell us sooner?!”

Sunset deadpanned, “Because Sonic and Tails kept me out most of the night explaining how we’re to meet up with them. That’s why I’m late.” She blinked and said, “Although I do see why it was necessary to go into so much detail. They know better than us what the best way to meet them is.”

Spike spoke up from Twilight’s lap, “Oh yeah. They’re worried about getting caught by the police, right?”

Sunset replied, “No, not really. It’s actually because of one of their friends. Her name is Sticks. She, uh…” She hesitated for a moment before finishing, “Well, you’ll see when you meet her.”

Rarity asked, “So we are going to meet them?”

Sunset nodded, “Yeah. They told me where their hideout is.” She looked over at Twilight, “And we should probably bring that crystal with us.”

Twilight asked, “Do they know what it is?”

Sunset replied, “I think so. When they were telling me how they ended up here, they mentioned something they called the Lost Crystal of Power. They said it shattered during a fight and it overloaded one of Eggman’s machines. What you found is probably one of the pieces of it, but I’m sure they’ll be able to confirm it.”

Pinkie excitedly asked, “Did they tell you a long, detailed story with lots of moving pictures?”

Sunset gave her an odd look, “Uh, yes?” Pinkie kept staring at her expectantly, causing Sunset to utter, “Uh…”

Fortunately, the awkward moment was cut off by the school bell ringing a moment later, causing everyone to look up. “Oh! First hour is going to be starting soon,” Twilight said before reaching for her backpack.

While she was putting Spike inside, Rainbow turned back to Sunset and asked, “Okay, so we’re gonna get through the day and then meet them after school, is that right? Is that what they agreed to?” Sunset nodded in reply.

Twilight put her backpack on as she stood up, adjusting the straps a bit before saying, “I’m going to have to run home before we go. I didn’t bring the crystal with me today.”

Rainbow said, “I’ll give you a lift. We’ll be at your house and back here at school in no time at all.”

Applejack remarked, “Well, Ah guess that settles that.”

Fluttershy made an almost noticeable squeal as she said, “Ooh! I can’t wait to meet them!”

Rarity raised an eyebrow at her before glancing down at her clothes and saying, “I hope we’re not meeting them in a sewer or some other unwholesome place.”

Sunset spoke, “No worries there, Rarity.” With that, the girls left the classroom and went their own ways to get to class. It seemed like it was going to be a long day due to their anticipation of what they were intending to do, but the lunch hour eventually arrived. During this time, Rainbow used her super speed to give Twilight a lift home like she said so she could get the crystal, and before they knew it, they were meeting up in front of school like they planned. It was then that Sunset revealed she’d been given a crudely drawn map to the meeting place, so they caught a ride on a bus and headed into the city.

As Sunset led the way, Spike and the girls noticed the gradual change in their surroundings. The normally clean and well-maintained exteriors of the buildings began to look more rundown, some looking dirty or having doors and windows boarded up. The sidewalks and streets looked cleaner, but there were still cracks and holes dotting both. There didn’t seem to be anyone around, oddly enough, but this observation just made some of them more nervous about being there.

Twilight shifted her backpack a bit, glancing at what was probably a pharmacy for a moment before looking ahead at Sunset and asking, “Are you sure this is the way, Sunset?”

Sunset looked back at her, “I’m pretty sure. I mean, so far, this map has been right, and the spot where we started using it is the same spot Sonic and Tails showed me.” She faced forward and glanced around as she said, “Although I did see it when it was dark, so… I guess I couldn’t see what everything really looked like. Still, this isn’t so bad.”

Rarity spoke, her voice rising a pitch as she did, “‘Not so bad’? Sunset! Do you see where we are?! You assured me we wouldn’t have to go somewhere unwholesome for this!”

Applejack looked back at her with a raised eyebrow, “Does this look like a sewer to you, Rarity?”

The fashionista replied, “No, but it’s as bad as one! Just look how dilapidated this part of Canterlot is!” She lowered her voice as she glanced around warily, “And who knows what sort of unseemly characters might live here.”

Fluttershy looked up at a rundown apartment building and murmured as they walked past, “Um, it does seem like it could use some work.”

She watched Pinkie as she skipped past without a care in the world and cheerily chimed, “Talk about your fixer-upper!”

Rainbow was getting a bit irritated by all the comments and suddenly moved up behind Twilight and Sunset, spinning around to face the others with her arms out at her sides, causing them all to stop as she spoke, "Look, that Eggman creep made sure they're gonna have a harder time getting people to stop and listen to them than if he hadn't opened his mouth. You really think they're gonna set up shop near the mall or Sugarcube Corner? The police would never leave them alone!" She held her arms up, "This is probably the best they can do this close to the city! Did you guys think of that?" Rarity looked down in shame, Fluttershy nervously rubbed her arm, and Pinkie just stared at her friend at that.

Rainbow crossed her arms and said, "If they can handle living here, then we can handle meeting them here to help them out. And the things we can do to help them out include putting an end to Eggman's lies and getting everyone to see them for who they are, right?" Spike and the other girls nodded and they resumed their search, now feeling a little more comfortable with their surroundings.

Before long, they came to a stop in front of a boarded-up building that looked like it was once a café. Sunset glanced up at it before looking back down at the map and saying a moment later, “This… appears to be where the trail ends.” She rolled the map up and started, “Now where…” She was cut off when something hard suddenly hit her left shoulder, causing her to stumble with a grunt. Twilight looked over at her, only to reel and let out a yelp a second later when her right shoulder was hit. She looked up and saw that the object was a boomerang, the projectile flying up to the roof of the café and into the waiting hand of Sticks.

Before anyone could react, she let out a loud yell and dove down from the roof, tackling both Sunset and Twilight to the ground, both of them sliding out into the street a bit and both Twilight’s glasses and Spike landing behind them. The other girls were about to move to help them, but Sticks suddenly whirled around and hissed at them like a wild animal before speaking, “Who are you?! How did you find this place?!”

Sunset recovered from the hard landing and raised her head up a bit as she remarked, “Nice to see you again too, Sticks.”

The badger whirled around again to look down at her and said, “Don’t interrupt me! I’m asking questions! Who sent you?!”

Spike came over and put Twilight’s glasses back over her eyes, causing her to relax a little, before saying in an annoyed tone, “I’m pretty sure some of your friends told us how to get here.” Sticks eyes immediately widened and she fell off of Sunset and Twilight onto her rear at his words, pointing at him and screaming several times before she grabbed her boomerang, stood up, and ran into the alley next to the café, Spike looking at her with a dumbfounded expression the entire time.

He wasn’t the only one; aside from Pinkie Pie, who simply had a blank look on her face, the other girls stared at the spot where they’d last seen Sticks with befuddled expressions. “What was that all about?” Rainbow asked after a few moments. She turned her head to look at Fluttershy, who glanced back and forth for a moment before she hesitantly shrugged her shoulders.

Twilight and Sunset sat up, the former looking at the latter and asking, “She’s… a badger…?”

Sunset shrugged with a raised eyebrow, “Apparently.”

Twilight blinked, “So she’s a talking, humanoid badger, she’s dressed like a native, she uses a boomerang… and she freaks out over Spike being able to talk?”

They all suddenly heard Sonic’s voice, “Yeah, that sounds about right.” They all looked back up at the roof and saw him step up to the edge of it while rubbing his upper right arm. He was looking back over his shoulder, but he looked down at everyone a moment later. He raised his left hand and made a slight wave, “Hey, everyone.” Before anyone could say anything, he jumped up and off the roof, curling up into a ball and spinning around as he dropped down. He bounced up a bit when he hit the ground and uncurled, landing on his feet.

Sunset gave him a small smile as he walked over. “Hi, Sonic,” she said.

Sonic held his hand out to her, “Good to see you again, Sunset.” He helped her up to her feet and then did the same for Twilight. Afterwards, over the course of a minute, everyone introduced themselves to the blue hedgehog, who then gestured to the building next to them and said, “Everyone else is inside. Right this way.”

As he turned around, Rarity spoke up, a concerned look on her face, “Wait, we’re going in there?”

Sonic glanced back at her with a raised eyebrow, “Well, yeah. Unless you really want to stand around out here where anybody could see us?” He noticed she still seemed apprehensive, so he said, “Look, it’s not as bad inside as it looks on the outside. You can thank Amy for that when you meet her. Now come on!” With Twilight carrying Spike in her backpack, the girls followed him over to the alley, where he led them to a ladder attached to the building. They followed him up and he opened up a hatch on the roof, saying, “Come on in. I’ll shut it behind us.” Sunset went down first, followed by Twilight, Rainbow, Applejack, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Rarity. Once they were all in, Sonic pulled the hatch down as he climbed down the ladder inside.

At the bottom of the ladder, the girls found a short walk leading to a staircase that was surprisingly lit, though the lights flickered every few seconds or so. At the bottom of the stairs, the girls went through a door into one of the café’s back rooms. It was currently filled with various electronic and mechanical bits and pieces and other knickknacks that Team Sonic had collected. While the girls were looking around, Sonic caught up and went to the door leading to the front, calling out as he stepped through it, “Hey guys! Meeting time! Sunset and her friends are here!”

The girls followed him and spread out as they looked around the room. There was still an L-shaped front counter to separate the employee-only areas like the room they just came out of from the rest of the restaurant. Along the walls opposite the counter were booths. It didn’t seem like there were any that had been removed, but they were all in differing states, some missing the table and others missing one or both seats. The open space between the booths and the counter suggested there used to be tables and chairs, but there were none now. Looking back at the counter, Sunset noticed there were two other doors behind it that were open, but she wasn’t at an angle to see what was inside them.

As she was looking, Tails stepped out of one of the rooms carrying a black laptop. It looked like an older, bulkier model, but it seemed that it had some modifications added to it since it had an antenna sticking up, some of the wiring was sticking out, and there were some small boxes attached to the casing. Tails stopped and looked at something on the screen for a moment before he looked up and saw everyone. “Hey, Sunset,” he smiled when he spotted her and she nodded. He then walked over and set his laptop on the counter where a cash register likely used to be.

The others noticed Tails’ arrival, but since the rest of Sonic’s friends hadn’t come out yet, they all kept looking around the restaurant with the exception of Twilight and Fluttershy, the latter no longer able to keep her amazement to herself as she went over to Tails first and began asking him questions and trying to touch his fur. Twilight, meanwhile, was more interested in the laptop than how good a singer Tails was, so she decided to offer him some relief. Walking over, she placed her hand on Fluttershy’s shoulder and said, “Okay, Fluttershy, I think that’s enough for now. There’ll be plenty of time for Tails to share his singing voice with you and finish answering the rest of your questions later. What about Sonic?” She glanced over and noticed the blue hedgehog had heard her and was waving his hands with an apprehensive look on his face. She raised an eyebrow, “I think he’s looking for a little attention.”

Fluttershy let out an “Ooh!” at that and quickly moved over to Sonic before he could react and began to barrage him with questions. “Sonic! What were your parents like? Are you a natural blue? Do your shoes wear out a lot? Is that why you have tape on them? Do your feet hurt when you run?” While she was talking, Sonic looked back over at Twilight and gave her a half-lidded irritated look.

Twilight gave a small smile and turned back to Tails, who said, “Thanks for that. I was having a little trouble keeping up with her words, and I can usually keep up with Sonic.”

Twilight replied, “I had a feeling you were overwhelmed, so I thought that was the least I could do.” She held her right hand out, “Hi, I’m Twilight.”

Tails took her hand and shook it, “I’m Tails.”

When their hands separated, Twilight turned her head to look at the laptop and said, “So… I couldn’t help but notice that this laptop of yours doesn’t seem like it came standard.”

Tails knew what she was getting at and replied, “Ah, you picked up on that, huh?”

Twilight looked back at him, “Well, it looks like a fairly old model, but it looks like you’ve already started putting some work into it. I am curious what exactly you’ve done, what you’re planning to do, and…” She paused and glanced around, suddenly feeling uneasy. It seemed as though Spike noticed it too since he gave her a worried look when she looked back at him. She leaned to the right a little a moment later and they both peered into the room Tails had come from. There they saw part of Sticks’ head sticking up out of an opening in the floor, a tinfoil hat shaped like a small Viking helmet on her head. She was giving them an intense stare and brought her right hand up to point two fingers at her eyes and then at them before bringing it back down.

Tails had followed Twilight and Spike’s gaze and, after Sticks made her gesture, turned back to them and remarked, “Oh. I thought I heard Sticks yelling earlier. So… she was yelling at you?”

Spike spoke first, “She attacked before anything came out of her mouth!” Tails blinked and stared at Spike in surprise at that.

Twilight added, “She started screaming a lot when Spike talked to her.”

Tails said, “Well, that’s not surprising. I hope Sunset warned you about her beforehand.”

Twilight replied, “She did mention Sticks, but she didn’t really warn us about her. She just said that we’d understand once we met her.”

Tails shrugged, “I think that’s really all the warning anyone can give about Sticks.” He looked over to his left and said, “Oh, Amy, Knuckles!” Twilight turned and saw the pink hedgehog and echidna in question coming out of the third room, which she assumed was where they kept their food since Knuckles was holding up some turkey slices in his right hand as he came out.

“Sorry about taking so long. Cleaning hot syrup off the floor took longer than I thought it would,” Amy said, glancing in Knuckles’ direction as she finished speaking. She then looked around the room and noticed everyone in the room. “Oh! I didn’t realize Sunshine and her friends were here,” she remarked.

“Sunset,” the girl corrected.

Rarity quickly made her way over to Amy and asked, “You’re Amy, correct?” At the pink hedgehog’s nod, she said, “Well, my name is Rarity, and I’ve been told you’re the one to thank for how clean it is in here. May I just say you’ve done a fabulous job, all things considered?”

Amy replied, “Well, thank you. I do tend to have a better eye for presentation and cleanliness than these guys do. I still wish they’d stop arguing and agree to take out this old furniture so we can open up some room and get some new furniture. I’m tired of using a sleeping bag.”

Rarity nodded, “Oh, that does sound dreadful. And yes, some new furniture would certainly do wonders for this place.”

Sonic, who was pleased to finally have an excuse to halt Fluttershy’s tirade of questions, came over with her behind him and said, “Amy, we’ve talked about this. If we start throwing out the old stuff, people are gonna get suspicious, and we don’t need that right now.”

Knuckles added, “Yeah, and besides, they make pretty good workout equipment.” He raised the turkey slices to his lips and licked them after he finished speaking.

Amy looked up at him with a flat expression for a moment before turning around and saying, “Okay, fine. I’ll get to decorate how I want to later, when things have quieted down some. Now let’s all be polite and professional, guys. We are in the presence of distinguished and strong ladies here, and as one myself, it’s only fitting that I should…” She trailed off when she noticed Spike poking his head out of Twilight’s backpack. She stared at him for a moment before she suddenly darted around the counter and towards him, exclaiming, “Oh my gosh, a puppy!” Before Twilight could react, Amy reached her and knocked her over as she snatched Spike out of the backpack, twirling around and holding him up.

Twilight was not feeling very happy about being bowled over onto the floor by a girl about half her size, but when she recovered from her hard landing, she realized she couldn’t see anything. “My glasses! Can anyone see my glasses?!” she cried out as she began feeling around in front of her with her hands for them. Fortunately, they didn’t fly far from her and the lenses stayed in the frame.

Sonic soon spotted them and ran over to grab them for her. Before he reached them, however, out of the corner of his vision, he saw a flash of movement and suddenly found himself pressed up against someone. He looked up to his left to see Rainbow looking down at, the cyan girl having done the same thing as he. The two stared at each other with a raised eyebrow for several moments before Rainbow suddenly broke eye contact and quickly bent down to snatch up the glasses. Standing up straight, she smirked down at him while holding up the eyewear, “Looks like I win.” Sonic glared at her back while she walked over to Twilight and crouched down, handing her the glasses while saying, “Here they are, Twilight.”

As soon as she felt them in her hand, Twilight said, “Oh, thank you, Rainbow.” She put them on and gratefully took Rainbow’s offered hand.

Once they were both standing up, they both turned to Amy, who soon stopped fawning over Spike enough to notice them and Sunset staring at her. She grinned sheepishly, “Sorry. Your doggy is really cute.” She looked at him, “What’s his name?”

Twilight answered after a moment, “Spike.”

Amy replied, “That’s a nice name.” She snuggled Spike again, making him whine but she didn’t seem to notice. “Spike. What a great doggy.”

Fluttershy came over and said, “He really is wonderful, isn’t he?”

Sticks spoke up, “I wanna kill him. I hate him.” Everyone turned their attention to the badger, who hadn’t budged an inch since Twilight noticed her.

Amy walked over to the counter to get a good look at her friend and said, “Sticks! That’s a terrible thing to say! And how could you hate Spike?” She snuggled him again despite his groaning, “He’s cute, fuzzy, and adorable.”

Sticks replied, “Exactly. He’s also an escaped government experiment.” She reached up and grabbed the bottom of the hatch to her side, “Don’t come crying to me when they come to take us all away.” With that, she disappeared down the opening, slamming the hatch closed behind her as she went.

Amy asked, “What? What would make her say that?”

Spike spoke, “Probably this.” Amy let out a yelp as she held him at arm’s length and he took the opportunity to push himself up and jump onto the counter. Twilight moved to stand next to him as he turned around.

Rainbow asked, “Okay, so do you guys need to go get the crazy train, or…?”

Sonic replied, “Nah, she can stay in the coole- I mean, freezer.” He looked at Sunset, “I think you said there was something you wanted to check with us, Sunset?” Sunset nodded and nudged Twilight with her elbow, raising her eyebrows meaningfully when she looked at her. That caused her to remember.

Twilight slid her backpack off and set it on the counter next to Spike, “Sunset said you guys might know what this thing is. It landed in my backyard the night that, I assume, you guys arrived.” She unzipped her backpack and reached into it, pulling out the container holding the crystal shard and setting it down. Sonic, Tails, and Amy’s eyes all lit up in recognition when they saw it.

“Oh, that’s one of the shards of the Lost Crystal of Power, the one Lyric is so obsessed with getting! The Ancients discovered that crystals were great for containing lots of power!” Amy blurted out before Tails could.

“‘Lyric’? ‘Ancients’?” Rainbow asked before glancing at Sunset, wondering if any of this was registering with her.

“Well, the Ancients are pretty much what you can guess based on what we call them: precursors from thousands of years ago. And Lyric is the last known living member,” Tails said while he was typing on his laptop. He turned it around after a few moments to show Spike and the girls a picture of him… which was nothing more than a crude, child-like drawing of a yellow snake with arms wearing red armor. Tails noticed their expressions after a moment and raised an eyebrow before briefly glancing over at Knuckles. He then looked at Sunset and asked, “You remember what we told you about Lyric, right Sunset?”

Sunset replied, “Mm-hmm. Like you said, last of his kind, betrayed them all for the crystal, and got put to sleep for thousands of years. Last time you guys saw him before all this, he was falling out of his airship while it was high up in the sky.”

Twilight asked, “And he survived that?”

Tails answered, “We didn’t know he did until he suddenly showed up. We know he got pulled into the portal before we were, so he has to be in this world somewhere.”

Sonic said, “That creep won’t stay quiet for long. It’s a good thing he has so far, though.”

Knuckles nodded, “Yeah. Now we’ll be able to protect you when he shows up.” He proceeded to raise his turkey slices for another lick.

By this point, Rarity was getting rather aggravated watching him do this and couldn’t keep quiet about it any longer. “Why do you keep doing that?” she asked.

Knuckles shrugged, “I’m getting a drink! We’re out of water, so I’m making do with the sweat.”

Sonic sighed and said, “You should’ve said something, Knuckles. I would’ve run over to the park to refill the bottles.” He walked over to the door that Amy and Knuckles had come out of, sliding across the counter to get to it, and went into the room. A few moments passed before they heard him call, “Hey, who messed with my comic book collection?! I just finished arranging it!”

Applejack turned back to Tails and remarked, “Kinda sounds like y’all are havin’ a little trouble livin’ under one roof.”

Tails shrugged, “Well, we don’t have a lot of resources available right now, so we have to make do for now.” He turned to Twilight, “Speaking of which, would you mind if I took that crystal shard off your hands?”

Twilight thought for a moment before saying, “I guess that’s okay. What are you going to do with it? Keep it hidden?”

Tails replied, “Well, that, and I was just thinking I could put its power to good use.” He picked up the container and held it longways between his hands, “Back home, our village uses a similar crystal, the Meroke Crystal, to power everything. I’d like to see if I can use this the same way. I managed to put together a generator for our power needs, but, ah, it’s not as reliable as I’d like it to be.” As if on cue, the lights suddenly shone brighter before shutting off, causing the room to go dark.

“AHH! I’ve gone blind again!” Knuckles cried.

“You’re not blind, Knuckles,” Amy stated matter-of-factly.

Sonic poked his head out and asked, “Did Sticks have an argument with the generator again?!”

Tails said, “It’s probably another connection problem. I’ll fix it.” He tucked the crystal under his arm and went into the room behind him after closing his laptop, He went over to the hatch in the floor and, when he tried it and it didn’t open, began knocking on it. “Sticks! Open up! I need to do some maintenance down there!” he called.

While the two started arguing back and forth through the door, Sunset quietly remarked, “I think you’re right, Applejack. They’re having some co-existence problems.”

Applejack replied, “Ah think we should take a little look ‘round the neighborhood before we head home.” The other girls agreed that that sounded like a good idea.

As she picked up her backpack, Twilight glanced into the room and noticed Tails was standing off to the side of the hatch, looking utterly annoyed. If she was to hazard a guess, he’d had no luck convincing Sticks to let him in. “Hang on a moment, girls,” she said, holding her right hand up to her geode necklace. She reached out to the hatch with her magic and began to manipulate it, causing it to shake a little. After a couple of seconds, she managed to unlock it and flip it open. Tails turned around at the sound of it opening and, although he was confused since he couldn’t see Sticks, went down into the opening after a moment.

The girls turned and started to leave as Sticks started screaming again, Twilight slinging her backpack over her shoulder and Spike hopping down from the counter. Amy and Knuckles didn’t notice them leaving due to the former trying to keep the latter calm, but Sonic did. “Hey, you guys are leaving now?” he asked.

Sunset answered, “Yeah, we all do have to get home soon, Sonic. But don’t worry; now that we know where to find you, we’ll be sure to catch up with you tomorrow.”

Rainbow flashed the peace sign with her left hand and said, “Stay cool, guys!”

Sonic replied, “Ah, that won’t be a problem at all!” Spike and the girls then headed out, all of them still feeling a bit weirded by some of the things they’d seen but still glad that Team Sonic seemed to want their help.

Later that night…

A security guard at Eggman’s new building was making his rounds when he heard a heavy crashing sound coming from back of the building. Despite the loud noise, he wasn’t too concerned. Every day was pretty much the same; the sound of things falling due to someone’s clumsiness was the most eventful thing to happen with this job. He wasn’t sure why the ‘good’ doctor needed security at all to watch over his things since there hadn’t been any sign of his enemies coming near the building since it was built, but he was about to find out.

As he approached the double doors leading to the loading dock in the back, he quickly noticed that they seemed to be dented outwards as his flashlight shined on them, which was certainly not how they normally looked. “Huh. That’s odd,” the guard remarked to himself. They weren’t too badly dented, though; with a little force, he was able to get them open and slip inside.

Inside the room, he started to see various bits and pieces littering the floor. He started looking around, trying to find the person responsible for this. “Whoever’s messing around in here, come out now! I’m not in the mood for any games tonight!” he yelled. As he walked around the side of one of the large crates in the dock, he turned and immediately came to a halt. Some big green-yellow thing was right in front of him. He slowly raised his flashlight to see what and how big it was.

He soon stopped on a snake face that was behind a glass dome. Lyric let out a loud hiss at the guard, causing him to scream at the top of his lungs. Before he could try to reach for his walkie-talkie, Lyric suddenly swung his tail around and sent the guard flying across the room right into the wall. The last thing the guard heard was another loud crashing sound and the alarm going off before he lost consciousness.

Other security guards and a few of Eggman’s robots rushed into the room minutes later, searching for the intruder. They didn’t find Lyric, but they did find the guard lying on his side on the floor against the wall with a small crater marking where he hit it, a number of crates and robotic parts missing, and one of the loading dock doors open and the other with a large hole in it.

Author's Note:

i is gifin uop an dis storie. i gona do somting wit skilonders now.