• Published 9th Aug 2018
  • 2,534 Views, 107 Comments

Equestria Girls/Sonic Boom: The Crossover Series Pre-Sequel Sequel - GreenS21



The students of Canterlot High find themselves dealing with a conflict from a brand new world in this crazy, impossible crossover of spin-off proportions!

  • ...
4
 107
 2,534

A Chapter That's Totally Focused On Team Sonic

Dr. Eggman’s boots thudded onto the sidewalk as he finished crossing the street, Orbot and Cubot coming to a stop close behind him as he looked forward. The public transportation in Canterlot was not very good by his standards, but he’d had no choice. In order for his masterfully formulated plan to work, he couldn’t take his Eggmobile here, and he did not like the idea of letting it sit outside in the first place, especially not here of all places.

Eggman eyed the horse statue on the front lawn for a moment before looking past it at the front of Canterlot High. He then made his way across the grass, glancing up at the horse statue one more time as he walked. Orbot and Cubot followed close behind, both of them looking up at the school as well. "This is a really nice building. Look at the big horse they have on the front," Cubot commented.

"The rest of the school seems very nice too. It's so bright it could almost be shining," Orbot added.

"Oh, would you two shut up?" Eggman asked, suddenly coming to a stop in front of the school and causing them to bump into his leg. They bounced back a bit and looked up at him as he glared down at them. "Horses, bright… Everything's either about horses or is bright in this world, and sometimes it's both! It's so sickening!" He turned around to look up at the school again, "It's time to put my plan in motion. Once I've dealt with that girl and her friends, I can focus on Sonic and either taking over this world and making it a little darker, or just getting back to our world."

Orbot and Cubot looked forward expectantly, but after a couple of seconds, they became confused as to why Eggman wasn’t moving. They looked up at him and saw him standing completely still with his fists clenched. The two robots shared a look for a moment before they looked back up at him, Cubot asking, “Uh, Boss? You all right?”

Eggman quickly snapped his head to look at the two, “Of course I’m all right! Why wouldn’t I be?”

Orbot looked at his forehead and pointed out, “Well, your skin appears to be leaking, Boss. And you have just been standing there for longer than expected.”

Eggman raised an eyebrow, though he did raise an arm to wipe the sweat droplets off as he said, “Your optics must be on the fritz. I’ll have to take you apart later and fix them. And I’m not just standing here!” He faced forward again, “I’m… listening to make sure the coast is clear and all the children are in class. As much as I’d love to give all my fans the opportunity to meet me in person, I don’t want that girl and her entourage finding out we’re here.” He remained still for a few moments in order to listen and repress his bad memories of school and girls before saying, “It’s clear. Let’s go before they have to change classes.” He walked up the steps to the front door, Orbot and Cubot sharing another look before following.

Eggman stepped into the school's empty foyer, accidentally closing the door on Orbot and Cubot and not really caring as he looked around. "What is all this empty space doing here? They don't even have a front desk? How is anyone supposed to be able to find anything in this school?" he asked while Orbot and Cubot worked together to get the door open.

The two robots managed to get inside, Orbot going first and quickly turning around to grab Cubot and pull him inside before the door shut. "Goodness, what an ordeal," Orbot commented as he released Cubot.

Cubot shook his head for a moment before asking, "You know what I was thinking?" He let the question hang in the air for a moment before saying, "We should get a front desk for the lair when we get back. We could have a directory and everything. Wouldn't that be great?"

Eggman ignored their chatter and said, "This must be one of those backwards schools where the main office is in the back somewhere. Well, it shouldn't be too hard to find. Let's go before classes let out and you two get lost." He turned and started walking down the hallway to the right. Orbot and Cubot shared a look before following him.

As it turned out, the office wasn't as easy to find as Eggman thought. There were no signs anywhere to indicate where the office was, and all the hallways looked the same. It took the entire class period to locate the office and he only found it because he and his robots ducked into the entrance to it when he heard the bell ring so none of the kids would see him. As he turned to look at the carpeting and walls that finally looked a little different, he saw the door to the principal's office and said, "Here it is, just as I thought. I told you I would find it!" He didn't notice the looks that his robots were giving him as he walked up to the door and knocked on it.

After a moment, he heard Principal Celestia call from inside, "Come in." Eggman opened the door and stepped inside and almost recoiled. Principal Celestia was sitting at her desk, looking at the inside of a folder she was holding up in front of her so he couldn't see her face yet, but he could see her hair pretty well. It wasn't the style that made him do a double-take; it was the color and how long it was. He had evidently been quiet for too long since Principal Celestia asked, "Can I help you?"

Eggman shook any questions he had regarding her hair out of his head and cleared his throat before stepping forward, once again closing the door on Orbot and Cubot as he said, "Er, yes, I believe you can, Principal."

Celestia lowered the folder and looked up at him at his words, a look of mild surprise appearing on her face as she realized who he was. "You're… Dr. Kintobor?" she asked. She closed the folder and set it face down on her desk, "What brings you to Canterlot High?"

Eggman replied, "I'd like to say it's for a good reason, but that's not the case. I'm afraid one of your students had the audacity to attack and destroy one of my robots, Principal."

Celestia raised her eyebrows, “Really?”

Eggman was a bit surprised by her reaction, but said, “Yes, really.”

Celestia asked, “How do you know it was one of my students? And what would possess someone to do a thing like that?”

Eggman became a bit nervous at that, his eyes glancing around behind his glasses. He hadn't considered the idea that she'd ask him why; he assumed she would just take his word like everyone else was doing now. "Well, uh, I'm not sure… But I know it was one of your students because that's her right there!" he said, pointing at the pictures on the wall as he finished, specifically at the picture of Sunset Shimmer the third year she was the Princess of the Fall Formal.

Celestia looked where he was pointing before looking back up at him and asking, "Do you have any proof it was her?" Eggman reached into his jacket and pulled out a small square case containing a disc. "Is that a DVD?" Celestia asked.

"Why, yes! I was able to extract the robot's final moments from its memory and copied it here. I would be happy to show it to you," he stated.

Celestia eyed the disc for a few moments before asking, "I'm sorry, but do you have any other proof with you?"

Eggman raised an eyebrow, "Eh, come again?"

Celestia pushed her chair away from her desk, grabbing the folder on it and standing up as she spoke, "I'm sorry. We've had something of a rough year financially. We've had to invest money to repair damages done to the school." She took the folder over to an open filing cabinet and put it away as she continued, "The front entrance collapsed, the statue in front was badly damaged… Not exactly cheap repairs." She stood up straight and faced Eggman, "We have a wonderful student body. They've done their best to help with fundraisers, but we can't realistically have enough bake sales and sporting events and raise enough money to make up for it, so we've had to make sacrifices elsewhere. One of those involved cutting the number of DVD players the library has to take out. There's a much longer waiting list now and it's usually full."

Eggman asked, “Well, surely you can ask someone to part with theirs for a little bit? This won’t take long.”

Celestia replied, “The library asked all the teachers not to put their names on the waiting list unless a DVD player is necessary for their lesson plan. Our faculty is dedicated to teaching the students, whether they show the same dedication to learning or not. You want those who want to learn to have every advantage they can get, don’t you, Doctor?”

Eggman slowly replied, "Well, yes… but you can take it, can't you? Look at it on your own time and get back to me?" He held the case out towards her.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Doctor. My sister and I are very busy. If you give that to me now, I'm bound to misplace it," Celestia said.

It took a tremendous amount of self-control on Eggman's part to not lose his temper and start screaming right there. "Perhaps you'd like it given to you some other way, then?" he asked.

"I must see proof before I can pursue any disciplinary action," Celestia stated, making it clear he wasn't going to convince her otherwise.

"Very well, then. Orbot, Cubot, one of you show her!" Eggman ordered. A moment of awkward silence passed before he looked back, expecting to see them there, “Did you two hear me?!” When he didn’t see them, he glanced around and asked, “Where are they?”

The office door started to open a moment later and Eggman and Celestia looked to see Vice Principal Luna with her left hand on the knob while she held a box full of files with her right arm. Orbot and Cubot floated into the office ahead of her, the former saying, “Thank you so much, miss.”

Luna seemed like she was a little confused, but she still smiled as she followed them in, “You’re welcome.”

Celestia smiled as well; she was very thankful for Luna’s timing. “Luna! Let me help you with that,” she said, walking over to her.

Luna looked up at her and started, “It’s no trouble. These two… fellows were in front of the door and I had to reach a little farther to…” She stopped when she noticed Eggman out of the corner of her vision and turned her head to look at him. “Oh. A visitor?” she asked.

As she took the box in both hands, Celestia replied, “Yes, a rather important one.” She turned back to Eggman, “Dr. Kintobor, I’d like you to meet my sister, Vice Principal Luna. I can’t imagine keeping this school going without all of her help.”

Eggman’s confusion over how two people with such clearly different skin tones could be related was forgotten about as he listened to Celestia’s words. He brought his hand up to his chin after a few seconds and murmured, “So that’s what kind of school this is.”

Luna raised an eyebrow, having heard him talking but not catching the actual words. “I beg your pardon, Doctor?” she asked.

“Nothing,” Eggman quickly said. He looked back at Celestia, “So, since I can’t show you my proof and you can’t simply share the student’s name with me…”

Celestia raised an eyebrow, “No. That would be a very serious offense.”

Eggman finished, “Then I will simply have to come back when I have more proof that doesn’t conflict with your money woes. Good day to you, ladies.” He looked at Orbot and Cubot, “Come on, you two, let’s go.” As he walked out of the office, he muttered under his breath, “Nepotist.”

Luna looked down at Orbot and Cubot and said, “Well, it was very nice to meet you two. It’s a shame you have to go already.”

The two robots nodded, Orbot saying, “Indeed. You and your sister seem very professional but nice, Vice Principal. I bet all your students like you both very much.” He didn’t get a chance to say anything more due to Eggman calling for him and Cubot, which sounded more like his usual yelling rather than how he tried to maintain his guise in public.

"We'll, that was a relatively short visit," Luna commented as she closed the office door. She looked at Celestia, "What were they here for?"

Celestia replied, "I know what he said he was here for, Luna." She turned and started walking towards her desk, "I'm not entirely certain what he was ACTUALLY planning to do."

Luna raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

Celestia stopped and looked at the photos on her wall, "From what I was able to gather, Sunset Shimmer destroyed one of his robots." She continued walking to her desk and set the box down on it, "He was telling me what happened and pointed at her picture. I couldn't tell if he knew her name or not."

Luna walked over as she asked, "Why would Sunset Shimmer do something like that?"

Celestia looked at her, "He said he didn't know when I asked, but he also got a bit nervous, like he actually did know. I just had a feeling, you know, Luna? I decided I should trust it."

Luna replied, "That's understandable. But what did he mean by that last remark?"

Celestia smiled, "I may have… embellished the school's financial situation to try to get more information out of him. It wasn't successful, but I think my feeling about him has been reinforced by how he responded."

Luna asked, "You really think he's up to something?"

Celestia sat down in her chair as she replied, "I understand the man is a little eccentric, but putting this much effort into finding someone over what could have been an accident? And after all this time, I'm going to put my trust in Sunset Shimmer. If it was an accident, I'm sure she'd try to make it right before he tried to find out about her, which makes me think that if she did do it, she did it for a reason. I'm not sure what that reason might be, but I’m choosing to believe that there is one.”

Luna smiled, “She really has changed, hasn’t she?”

Celestia replied, “It’s not just about following the rules and standards. She’s a good girl who was willing to change despite all the difficulties that came with it when someone showed her another way. She’s done a lot in a short time and I don’t want anything to happen to her.”

Luna asked, “Do you think we should warn her about him?”

Celestia thought for a moment before saying, “Perhaps. Even if he doesn’t know her name, he clearly knows that Sunset Shimmer attends school here. I’m just not sure going up to her and telling her is such a good idea, especially since we don’t know what that man is up to.”

Luna sat on the edge of the desk as she said, “I see. A bit of a tricky situation. Still, we should probably tell her somehow. If what you say is true, then he surely hasn’t been thrown off the trail. Not for long, anyway.”

________________________________________

“Foolish principal. She must think she’s thrown me off the trail. Well, that’s where she’s wrong! An evil genius like me won’t be easily exposed or fall for her little lies!” Eggman said aloud as he walked through the school’s hallways.

Orbot and Cubot floated obediently behind him, the latter asking, “You think she was lying about how bad the school’s budget is, Boss?”

Eggman glanced back as he replied, “Well, she might not have been lying about that, and that’s her problem anyway, but I’m certain she was feigning ignorance with me! She knows who this Sunset is, and if she won’t tell me herself, then I’ll just find out more about her myself!”

Orbot asked, “And how will you do that, Boss?”

Eggman faced forward, “Even if she hadn’t mentioned it, every school is supposed to have a library. There’s sure to be more information on this school there, even if it’s not up to date, and I can make use of their resources and make them have to spend more money to maintain the school. I just have to find it.”

Cubot stopped a moment later and turned to his left, pointing as he asked, “Do think maybe there’s someone in this big room with all the books that could tell you where the library is?”

Eggman walked back and peered through the double doors. “That IS the library, you simpleton!” As he strolled inside, he said, “I knew it was here. I was just… testing you two to make sure you were paying attention.” Although he shook his head, Orbot patted Cubot on the back before they both followed him in.

Later…

“Wow, y’all were pretty busy today, huh?” Applejack asked, tipping her hat back as she eyed the collection of crystal shards sitting on top of the card table.

“Yeah. I think we’ve managed to track down most of the crystals that are still out in the open. I don’t know what we’re going to do about the ones that have already been locked up,” Tails replied.

“We probably should just leave them be for now. Wait until we’ve convinced more people Eggman’s lying and then try to talk to the police. They’ll probably have no problem helping out once they realize the truth,” Rainbow shrugged.

Rarity nodded, “That’s a good point, Rainbow.”

Sunset leaned against the table, looking at her phone in her left hand as she said, “I’m worried about this text that Principal Celestia sent me.” Everyone looked at her at that. “She said Eggman was skulking around our school today. And apparently he was asking about me.”

Fluttershy came over and asked, “Do you think she told him anything?”

Sunset looked at her and replied, “No, I don’t think so. I doubt she’d let him intimidate her into doing something like that.” She looked back down at her phone, “I’m glad I didn’t bump into him, though. I don’t want to know what he would’ve done if I did. We might have to be careful.”

Knuckles said, “Hey, don’t worry. We’ll keep you safe from Eggman. You’ve got nothing to worry about!”

Twilight looked back at Tails’ laptop, checking the information on the screen again before speaking, “I’ve been looking over these readings and I think it might be possible to make something that can track the energy of the crystals.”

Rainbow asked, “Why would we need that, Twilight? Seems like we’re doing pretty good tracking them down by ourselves.”

Twilight looked up, “Well, to make it a little easier to find them and hopefully get to them before Lyric or Eggman do. It’s not just that there might be some in the city we don’t know about. It’s possible, but I think it’s unlikely that all the shards ended up in Canterlot.”

Pinkie leaned on the table next to her seat and spoke, “That’s a good point, Twilight! Hey, do you think some of them might have ended up in Camp Everfree?”

While everyone else kept talking, Sonic sulked in a corner, his arms crossed as he leaned back against the wall. Amy noticed and came over, asking, “What’s the matter, Sonic?”

The blue hedgehog didn’t look at her as he uttered, “Is this all we’re getting?”

Amy asked, “What do you mean? We collected a bunch of crystal shards, learned Eggman is planning something, and Twilight has an idea to help make our search easier! I think we’re getting a lot for one day!”

Sonic looked at her as he spoke, “No, I mean, this one scene? Is this all we get? We should’ve had a lot more time on us this chapter! I predicted we would! So why didn’t we?”

Before Amy could reply, Sticks poked her head out of the door leading to the staircase up to the apartment and said, “It’s because of him.” Both hedgehogs looked over at her as she pointed and pressed her left finger up against the side of her head, seemingly to herself, “I know you did this. This was your plan, wasn’t it? Have us think one thing when you really had another thing in mind? Well, you’re gonna pay for this! As soon as I get out of your basement, I’M GONNA GET YA FOR THIS!”

Spike tore his eyes away from the badger after a few moments and looked at the others, who were still looking over at her, and asked, “Who’s she yelling at?” It was a question that no one seemed to have the answer to.

The next day…

Abacus Cinch stood on the sidewalk, glancing around wearily with a stern expression and her arms crossed, wondering if she was wasting her time. She turned to her left when she heard footsteps and saw Dr. Eggman approaching. She uncrossed her arms and turned to face him completely, though she kept her stern expression. “Ah, Ms. Cinch. Thank you for coming on such short notice. You’re a bit difficult to contact, you know?” Eggman remarked.

Cinch had to admit that she was a bit infatuated with the doctor after watching his ads despite his bald head, but she knew better than to let her emotions get the better of her. “Listen, Dr. Kintobor, I have no idea what you called me here for, but I am a busy woman. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t waste my time,” she said.

“Of course. I understand. I’ll get right to the point, then. I believe there’s something we both want and we can both get it if we work together,” Eggman replied.

Cinch raised an eyebrow, “And what, pray tell, might that be?”

Eggman’s glasses glinted and the faintest hint of a grin appeared at the corner of his mouth, “Payback.”

Author's Note:

...for a minute! XD

Comments ( 3 )

(sighs) :facehoof: sticks. jest leave the 4th wall alone. i'm sure by this point even rainbow dash will start talking to it.

Good to see Celestia having Sunset’s back. It gives her something to do unlike a with a lot of the specials tend to do with her.

Also good seeing Eggman not completely fall for her lies. It’s going to be hard to throw him off the trail.

Eggman’s glasses glinted and the faintest hint of a grin appeared at the corner of his mouth, “Payback.”

So is that against Sunset, Twilight, the principals, or cadance? It’s all of them isn’t it? I was wondering why he didn’t just go to the police with the video, but I guess he doesn’t want the police to snoop around his facilities or asking questions.

Well interested to see what the doc has in mind for his plan.

Oh. Seems this isn't quite done yet. No hurry then. : )

Login or register to comment