• Published 4th Sep 2018
  • 7,034 Views, 304 Comments

Through the Eyes of Anon-a-Miss - sonicfan05



Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were summoned into Principal Celestia's office so they can explain on how and why they created the infamous MyStable user, "Anon-a-Miss".

  • ...
19
 304
 7,034

Epilogue: The Long Road of Redemption Pt. 3 (Apple Bloom)

Apple Bloom sighed heavily as she grabbed her things from her locker before going home for her Winter Break. Her day had not been so easy ever since she and her friends confession to the students about their actions for the past two weeks. Out of all of her friends, she received the most hostile from the students due to her being the ringleader of Anon-a-Miss. Even with the supervison from the teachers, the students held nothing back. They've been throwing insults at her whenever they see her, throwing paper balls and erasers at the back of her head during classes, purposly tripping or bumping into her, there was even someone from her class poured a small carton of milk over her head (then was sent to detention by a teacher as a result) during lunch. Despite all the abuse she was getting from the students, she took every single one of them as retribution for ther actions. She silently mulled if this is what Sunset had to go through after the events of the Fall Formal and throughout two weeks during Anon-a-Miss fiasco.

After putting on her winter coat, Apple Bloom grabbed her backpack, closed her locker and walked down the hallway, while ignoring many hateful glares from other students. As she was walking by, she spotted two familar people; Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. She watched as the two of them were having a conversation, although Diamond appeared to be emotional while Silver's expression was skepical and full of doubt. Apple Bloom felt guilt filling her heart for being the one to split Diamond's and Silver's friendship apart. She doesn't want this to happen because of her, so she was determined to fix this. Even if they never wanted to forgive her, she can at least bring the two of them back together.

With a sigh, Apple Bloom walked up to the two of them. As she got closer, the pair noticed the farmer girl. Diamond had a neutral but calming expression, while Silver Spoon had an hostile and anger look on her face and crossed her arms as soon as she saw Apple Bloom. By the time Apple Bloom reached them, Silver Spoon spoke before Apple Bloom could utter a single word.

"What do you want?" Silver Spoon spat. "Haven't you done enough damage already, Anon-a-Miss?"

"Silver!" Diamond exclaimed.

"No it's okay... Ah deserved that," said Apple Bloom with a tired sigh. "Ah want to apologize... to the both of ya. We, especially me, let our jealousies got the best of us when our sisters spent more time with her than us. We posted everyone's secrets and made it look like it was Sunset in hopes to get our sisters back... which turned out to be a terrible mistake!"

"That's putting it mildly!" Silver scoffed with her piercing glare, causing Apple Bloom to flinch somewhat.

"Okay... it was beyond terrible," Apple Bloom corrected meekly. "Still, we all regretted for what we did to our sisters, to Sunset Shimmer... and to you guys. We really did not mean to let things escalate like this... especially for causin' yer friendships between the two of you to split apart." Apple Bloom sighed sadly. "If y'all lookin' fer someone to blame... than blame me. Even if you both hate me forever after this, I hope y'all find it in your hearts to forgive me someday."

No one said a word. Diamond appeared to be in deep thought while Silver's glared angrily at Apple Bloom in rage, making the young farmer fidget in he place. Finally, after a moment of painful silence, Diamond spoke.

"Well... to be honest Apple Bloom... I have... mixed emotions from you," Diamond said calmly. "On the one hand... I'm angry– no... furious with you three for what you done to me and Silver! You nearly single-handedly destroyed my friendship with Silver with that photo you posted online for everybody to see!"

"Well technically... that was Scootaloo's fault for posting that," Apple Bloom responded, only to wince when she saw Silver scowled at her. "B-but that's no excuse!" Apple Bloom added quickly. "We all felt terrible for that and we didn't want you guys to stop being friends again because of us!"

"Yeah well, you should feel bad for it you secret exposing hick!" Silver shouted,

"Silver! That's enough!" Diamond scolded. "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it!"

"Fine! You know what? I'm getting my things from my locker!" Silver snapped as she stopped away from them, but not before she shoved Apple Bloom out of her way. "Go talk to me when your done talking with that... jerk face!"

Apple Bloom was hurt from Silver's comment, but she knew she deserved it. Quite frankly, she knew that Silver will react that way even after she apologized. What hurts her the most was that they just decided to be friends after helping Diamond, only for Silver to despite her again after her stunt. It is going to take more than a simple apology until Silver decided to forgive her.

If she forgives her that is.

"I'm sorry about that Apple Bloom," Diamond sighed. "Silv is still upset after finding out that you and your friends... well... you know."

Apple Bloom nodded. "Ah understand. Like Ah said... Ah deserved it. Ah expected that she won't forgive me right away... or ever."

"Just... give her time," Diamond advised. "She'll eventually come around. I mean, she dealt with me after all," she joked, attempting to lighten up the mood. Her expression changed to much more serious. "Anyway, Silver's... unnecessarily outbursts aside, what you three really did hurt me... and it's hard for me to forgive you."

Her expression than soften a little. "But on the other hand... I can't really held it out against you either for doing that to us. After all... I was a horrible bully to you three for years until recently. I'm not surprised that you still have some resentment towards me and Silvs."

Apple Bloom wanted to assure Diamond that it wasn't true, but she couldn't bring herself to do it especially after everything that happened. Instead, she sighed and looked at her friend in the eye with a guilt expression.

"Well... to tell ya the truth, part of me had some doubts that you've changed for the past few months," she answered truthfully. "Sometimes... Ah figured you were secretly waiting to get back at us when our defenses are down. But after Ah get to know ya, especially at the mall a few days back... Ah was wrong. You are actually a lot of fun to hang out and Ah can see that you are a good person now." She sighed sadly. "Still... even before our hang out, Ah didn't gave ya a fair chance just like how Ah didn't give Sunset a chance. Fer that... Ah'm sorry for not only hurting you... but for doubting you too."

"Apology accepted," she responded softly, but her eyes looked sad. "Again... I don't blame you, but it still hurts though. I really wanted to be your friend, but... I'm not sure I'm ready to forgive you... at least not right now."

Apple Bloom frowned sadly, but she nodded. "Ah understand. Ah knew it may take some time, but Ah wanted to make up to both you and Silver and hopefully... we can start over, wiping our slates clean." Apple Bloom took her backpack off of her back and started to dig through it, looking for something. "While this may not be enough to make up for everythin' we... Ah done... but Ah hope that this'll be enough to start."

She eventually found the thing she was looking for and she slowly took the item out of her bag. Once the item took out was in view, Diamond let out a huge gasp.

"My necklace!" she cried at the site of the necklace. "Silver's necklace!" she corrected.

Apple Bloom handed the necklace over to Diamond for her to examine the item for any damages from her fight with Silver, only to find none. In fact, it looked like it was brand new like it came from a store.

"But... how!?" she exclaimed as she looked at her friend with wide eyes. "It was destroyed after Silv and I pulled it apart!"

Apple Bloom chuckled. "Well first off, Ah was forced to picked up every single piece of that necklace by that mall security after your fight with Silver."

Diamond blushed both from guilt and embarrassment. "O-oh! I'm sorry about that!"

"It's fine. Ah was planning to pick them up mahself anyway," Apple Bloom reassured. "Anyway, I kept these fer a while until the night we confessed to our sisters about... you know," she explained. "Ah asked Pinkie Pie if one of her sisters could fix the necklace. You see, her sister is a real expert when it comes to rocks, including jewelry! She sometimes likes to create many rock themed necklaces as a hobby. To mah amazement, she managed to fix this necklace as exactly how it was and good as new almost overnight!" Her expression than became nervous. "So... does it look okay?"

Diamond gave Apple Bloom her astonished look. "Okay!? This is amazing!" she cried happily. "Apple Bloom I... I don't know what to say!"

"You don't have to say anythin'," Apple Bloom responded softly. "Just know that your friendship really means a lot to me... and Ah hope you know that someday."

Apple Bloom threw her backpack over her shoulder and then she turned and headed down the hallway towards the school's entrance. She only took a few steps until Diamond called her.

"Apple Bloom!"

As Apple Bloom turned around, she was suddenly engulfed into a hug by Diamond.

"...thank you," Diamond whispered. She then immediately broke her hug and ran down the hallway towards Silver's locker.

Apple Bloom watched as Diamond caught up to Silver, who still had a skeptic expression, and started talking to her again. Apple Bloom then witnessed Silver's shocked expression as Diamond showed her the repaired necklace and placed it on Silver's hands. After a few more words were exchanged, the two hugged each other tightly with tears in their eyes and huge smiles on their faces. Apple Bloom smiled at the sight, happy to see them mending their friendship, before she continued on her way towards the front entrance.

She was then outside into the snow, as tiny snowflakes slowly descending from the sky. Apple Bloom went down the stairs and walked down the sidewalk until she was at the parking lot, where Applejack was waiting for her near her pickup truck.

"Hey," Applejack greeted, but lack of any warmth from her voice.

"...hey," Apple Bloom responded meekly.

Even after her sister forgives her, Applejack is still angry at her for not only humiliating her with the nickname she posted online, but also nearly cost her best friend due to her stunt. The rest of her family wasn't so happy with what she had done either, so as a result, she was grounded for six months. Additional punishments includes her laptop was confiscated until further notice, her phone was replaced with an old flip phone (so she can use it to call instead of going online) for the time being and have to do extra work around the farm. While Apple Bloom was glad that Applejack is somewhat back to her normal self, but Applejack was still distant, but only from Apple Bloom instead of her friends. It hurt Apple Bloom a lot that her sister is a lot more distant to her than ever, but she have no one to blame but herself.

"So... bad day?" Applejack asked, eyeing Apple Bloom's sticky hair from the milk earlier today.

"...you could say that," Apple Bloom replied with a dejected sigh. "Everyone tortured me nonstop ever since we confessed this mornin'! Even apologizin' to them personally doesn't stop them fer hating me!"

"Yeah... Ah noticed," Applejack stated. "This was somethin' that Sunset had to go through after the Fall Formal... but much worse."

Apple Bloom winced. She remembered a few days after the Fall Formal, Sunset tried to apologized to everyone and even tried to be friendly, only to get turned away and treated badly from all the students... including herself. Back then, Apple Bloom thought that it was justified and satisfaction that Sunset gets everything she deserved and doesn't deserved forgiveness. But now, after going through what possibly be the worse day of her life, she realized how Sunset must have felt about trying to make things right, but no one gives you a chance. This only added more guilt to her never ending pile of shame.

"And yer not the only one who's trying to make up sis," Applejack added. "After everything that happened... Ah learned fer the past two weeks is dat Ah shouldn't let mah doubts and fears held me back... and that Ah should listen to my friends... instead of jumping to conclusions and not giving them a chance like a stubborn mule." She sighed sadly. "Even after Sunset forgave us... Ah sensed that Sunset is weary of us and acted much more cautiously as if we're ready to accuse her... not that Ah could blame her." She then gave Apple Bloom a very harsh glare. "Our whole point for our planned slumber parties was to make her feel comfortable and make her feel like she belonged with us! But thanks to yer stunt, she felt more isolated than before!"

Apple Bloom felt like she just got punched in the stomach from the way her sister was talking to her. "Ah really didn't think Applejack!" She exclaimed. "I just wanted to be part of the fun too, but yer never around much anymore!"

Applejack crossed her arms. "You know you could've wait until Christmas Eve when everyone's at our place, including your friends! You three were invited you know!"

Apple Bloom flinched. Due to her anger and stubbornness of trying to separate Sunset from her sister, she had completely forgotten that they're having a group get together on Christmas Eve with her being included with them. Meaning, she would've been able to spend a lot of time with her sister and her friend's actives regardless. Heck, she would have spend time with her sister on Christmas day. With that revelation, she now realized just how stupid her plan really was, if not already.

"Okay in hindsight... Ah didn't think things through," Apple Bloom mumbled, feeling embarrassed with herself.

"Did ya ever think at all when you were posting secrets to humiliate everyone... including me!?" Applejack yelled.

Stung by her sisters words, she looked down with her eyes clenched shut, and her tears of sadness were leaking out despite her efforts.

Seeing her younger sister looking so miserable, Applejack expression soften and tilted her stetson hat slightly downward. "Ah already reported all those incidents with those kids harassin' ya to Principal Celestia. They'll take care of 'em!"

What Applejack just said caught Apple Bloom off-guard to the point that she nearly stopped crying.

"You... are?" she asked quietly with a sniff. "But... Ah thought you hated me right now."

Applejack sighed heavily. "Apple Bloom... look at me!"

When Apple Bloom looked up to her sister with watery eyes, Applejack spoke to her in a way as a caring parent to her child.

"Ah could never hate you Apple Bloom," Applejack said with a smile. "You're mah sister and Ah'll always love you!" She then frowned. "But what you did really hurt me, mah friends, the students of this school and most of all, Sunset Shimmer! Ah'm hesitant to trust you or share anything with you now. It will take a lot of time, but you need to work hard and do a lot of making up in order to earn mah trust back."

Apple Bloom sighed sadly but she looked down and nodded. "Ah understand Applejack."

To Apple Bloom's surprise, she felt she was engolfed into a hug. She looked up to see her sister who was beaming down at her.

"Hey, chin up!" she said softly. "It won't be forever! As long as you put into a lot of effort to make up to people, things will get better in time! You'll see!" Applejack then broke her hug and gave her sister a wink. "Now, y'all really to head on home?"

With a hopefull and happy smile, Apple Bloom nodded.

Just as she was following her sister to the pickup truck, she spotted something from the corner of her eye. She saw Sunset Shimmer walking down the sidewalk away from the school while trying to be discretely. From what Apple Bloom have heard, Sunset received nothing but apologizes from almost every student since the CMC's confession. Apple Bloom wasn't sure if Sunset have forgiven any of them (although knowing Sunset, she probably did), but what she does know that Sunset received a lot of attention again as a result, but at least it was more positive this time around.

Sunset haven't spoken to them since last night. She wondered if Sunset truly have forgiven them or is she resentful now that she knew who was the identity of Anon-a-Miss. Not to mention, Apple Bloom remembered what she learned from Principal Celestia earlier that Sunset was the one who pulled some strings to give her and her friends another chance. While she could just wait until the party later to ask Sunset about it, but Apple Bloom decided not to wait any longer.

Plus, there was something else she needed to do to clear the air with Sunset.

"Um... Applejack, Ah'm actually gonna walk home today," Apple Bloom announced to her sister as she subtly pointed her head towards Sunset's direction.

Applejack finally noticed who was her sister pointing to and gave her sister her warning glare. "Apple Bloom!"

"Ah'm just gonna talk her!" Apple Bloom explained while holding her hands up in defense. "Ah won't do anythin' bad to her! Ah promise!"

Applejack continued to stared at her sister, making sure that her sister was not lying to her again. Shortly after that, she relented.

"Alright then," said Applejack before looking at her sister sternly. "Be sure to be back at the house with Sunset! Ya hear?"

Apple Bloom nodded. "Thanks AJ! Ah'll see ya later!"

As Apple Bloom ran off after Sunset, Applejack watched her sister with a smile.

"Good luck Sugarcube," she whispered before getting into her truck.

Apple Bloom tried to catch up to the fiery haired girl as quick as she can, despite that she had to slow down a few times due to some ice on the sidewalk. When she eventually got closer to Sunset, Apple Bloom called out to get her attention.

"SUNSET!"

Thankfully, Sunset stopped walking and turned around towards her. When she laid eyes on Apple Bloom, Sunset frowned deeply.

"Oh... what is it Apple Bloom?" Sunset said dully.

Apple Bloom nearly flinched from Sunset's tone, but she expected that Sunset was not going to be happy to see her. Not wanting to ware Sunset's patience, Apple Bloom immediately started a conversation.

"Sunset, are ya... mad at me?" Apple Bloom asked nervously, nearly winced at herself at her lame opening.

Sunset frowned deeper. "Yes... I am."

Apple Bloom swallowed, while fidgeting in place. "Listen, Sunset Ah'm--"

"No! Let me get this out of my system!" Sunset nearly shouted, scaring Apple Bloom in the process. "I'm very upset with you Apple Bloom! I let my guard down for one moment to you, only for you to stab me in the back! I never felt so betrayed in my entire life!"

Apple Bloom sighed sadly, ashamed of herself for her actions that harmed Sunset. "Yer right Sunset... what we-- Ah did was horrible... and you deserved to be angry at me. But... Ah wanted to make up to ya for hurting ya so much... even if you don't forgive me!"

"Well it's too late for that Apple Bloom," Sunset retorted.

Apple Bloom felt her eyes watering up. "Sunset, Ah--"

"You broke our Pinkie Promise!" Sunset accused.

"Listen Ah understand if ya--"

Apple Bloom paused, processing what Sunset had said to her. "Wait... wat?"

"You promised- no, you pinkie promised that you won't tell my friends that I'm homeless!" Sunset said with a huff. "I thought we were cool!"

Apple Bloom blinked as she stared at Sunset with a mixture of confusion and disbelief.

"Wait... dat's what you were mad at me about?"

"Well, yeah!" Sunset responded with a confused look of her own. "What else was I referring to?"

"Um... about me and mah friends are actually Anon-a-Miss and that we framed ya?" Apple Bloom clarified.

"You're still on that?" Sunset asked in her surprised tone. "I mean yeah, I'm disappointed with you three for doing this... and I may be uncomfortable being around you for a while, but I have already forgiven you girls."

Apple Bloom stared at Sunset in shock. She couldn't believe that despite everything that happened. Sure, she admitted that she was now hesitant to be near her right now, but Sunset was still willing to forgive her and her friends, even if her heart tells her that she doesn't deserved Sunset's forgiveness. Before she could ask, she saw Sunset frowned again.

"While I've forgiven you for your stunt for the past two weeks, that still doesn't change the fact that you broke our promise! Pinkie promise no less!"

To Sunset's shock, Apple Bloom smirked. "Ah made no such promise!" Before Sunset could call her out, Apple Bloom lifted up her index finger. "For one thing, if I really break that promise, Pinkie Pie would've come after me!"

"She's right you know!"

Apple Bloom screamed in fright while Sunset startled from the sudden voice. They turned around behind them, only to see Pinkie Pie, who was poking out from the snowy bush while were her winter outfit.

"Pinkie!? Where did you come from!?" Sunset exclaimed.

Pinkie giggled. "From this bush silly!"

Sunset groaned in exasperation. "I meant how you got here?"

Pinkie's eyes lit up. "Oh! The author of this story wanted me here as a cameo appearance, just to make the ending of this story a little more lighter!" She then turned towards your direction with an irritated look. "I mean seriously, we have way too many downer stories like this based off from our official holiday comic! I mean jeez, what were the comic writers were thinking!?" She then turned back towards her confused friends with her usual bubbly self again. "Anywho, I gotta go and prepare for our biggest sleepover party at Applejack's! See you two there!"

Before either of them could blink, Pinkie dived into the bush, disappearing from view. Apple Bloom quickly checked into the bush to find the energetic cotton candy haired girl, but she couldn't find a single trace of her. Apple Bloom faced Sunset with a very perplexed look.

"How--"

"It's best not to question it!" Sunset advised. "Trust me! Even during my bully days, I still can't quite figure her out!"

"...she scares me sometimes!" Apple Bloom muttered nervously before quickly changing the subject. "Anyway... back on topic. Ah said that Ah won't tell anyone while Anon-a-Miss is still around! But because she, or should Ah say, "we", as in me and mah friends, officially stopped Anon-a-Miss, Ah'm allowed to tell Applejack and your friends." Apple Bloom smiled slyly. "So technically... Ah did exactly as promised!"

Sunset said nothing as she stared intensely at Apple Bloom, making the young Apple nervous. Then she dropped her stern look and let out a small chuckle.

"I'm not sure if I should be impressed or annoyed that you cleverly came up with a loop hole of our promise," Sunset commented, shaking her head in disbelief.

Apple Bloom rubbed the back of her neck in a nervous manner. "So... are ya still mad?"

Sunset sighed, as a small puff of fog escaped from her mouth due to the cold. "I'm still upset that they know now. But to tell you the truth... I'm sorta glad that I don't have to hide it from them anymore. Ever since they found out, they are being more supportive and caring than usual. I guess it was because... they really felt guilty for how they've treated me and... for being bad friends for not knowing everything about me. They even went as far to offer me to take turns sleeping over at their houses so that I don't have to sleep in the library or on the streets." She then frowned and closed her eyes. "While I'm touched that they showed that they cared and wanted to help me... but I knew deep down that they couldn't keep up forever. And I didn't want to impose on their family."

"You never imposed them Sunset!" said Apple Bloom. "As much as Ah hate to say this, but you meant so much to mah sis and your friends to the point that they went above and beyond to make up to ya during our winter break."

Now it was Sunset's turn who had a perplexed look on her face. "Wha-- what do ya mean?"

Apple Bloom grinned. "Let's just say... that you sleeping over at their houses for a week was only part one of their gift!"

Sunset's eyes widened. "Part one? What's the other part?"

"Ah'm not telling ya!" Apple Bloom teased.

Apple Bloom remembered last night after Sunset parted ways from them, she told her sister and the Rainbooms about Sunset being homeless and where she slept the entire time. Not only the Rainbooms were horrified, but they also felt extremely guilty for not knowing about their friend's condition, especially with how they treated her throughout two weeks of nightmare.

It was why they all agreed to help out Sunset by taking turns to offer Sunset to sleep over at their houses as their first gift to Sunset. But the second part of their gift is the most special one. After talking over with their own families and Principal Celestia, they all combined their funds together so they could purchased an apartment complex for Sunset, which happened to be a few blocks away from Canterlot High. The payment for the apartment will officially be finalized after seven days, hense why they want Sunset sleeping over at their houses for a while.

Boy would Sunset be in it for a surprise!

"Anyway, Ah need to ask ya somethin' Sunset," said Apple Bloom with her determined, yet confused look. "Principal Celestia told me that you were the one who gave me and mah friends a lighter sentence. Not that Ah'm not grateful, but... Ah still don't think that we... that Ah deserved it. So... why? Why did you stick yer neck out fer us?"

Sunset was silent for a moment as she furrowed her brows. Then, she crossed her arms and had a stern expression.

"Before I answer that, I would like to know why you really go after me?"

"W-what are ya talking about?" Apple Bloom asked nervously, not liking that their conversation was suddenly turned against her.

"When you confessed to us last night, I sensed that you were still holding back as you explained your reason of becoming... you-know-who!" Sunset deducted.

Apple Bloom opened her mouth to argue.

"I'm not saying that you're lying," Sunset quickly clarified. "But I felt that you were mostly telling the truth, but held the rest back." Sunset then frowned. "Were you really upset with me just because your sister spent more time with me than you... or was there more to this?"

Apple Bloom couldn't help but sensed a déjà-vu after hearing that question. Her dark demon self asked that question in a mocking way while she was still in denial. Hearing that question now was almost surreal, except Sunset asked that in a curious and caring way and Apple Bloom's mind was now more clearer. Realizing that she can't held back anymore, for the second time today, she decided to spill the beans.

"Well... that's only part of the reason," Apple Bloom revealed with a sigh. "Truth is... Ah'm not just upset that you took mah sister from me... you also took mah mom too!"

"W... what?" Sunset exclaimed with a stunned expression. Of all the possible answers Apple Bloom have given her, this was the most unexpected.

Seeing that Sunset was taken aback from her bombshell, Apple Bloom decided to explain herself further.

"Now Ah don't mean she's really mah mom," she clarified. "Is just that she always raised me like my mother... if dat makes any sense. Ah know Granny Smith and Big Mac was there fer me too, but Applejack... she was the one who took care of me the most... even around Christmas." She sighed sadly as she looked down. "Ah... hardly remembered mah ma and pa. All Ah know about them from mah sis was that they were great folks! They were stong, friendly and the kind of people who stands up to the people they've cared about, including our family! But on the year when they... you know..." Apple Bloom swallowed, trying to keep her emotions at bay. "Ah was barely one year old when that happened."

Sunset gave the youngest Apple member her look of sympathy. She knew how sensitive the topic was when it comes to Applejack's, Big Mac's and Apple Bloom's parents. She was going to tell Apple Bloom that she didn't have to go further, but Apple Bloom continued on anyway.

"Everyone in the Apple Family, including Big Mac, Applejack and Granny Smith, was stricken with grief when dat happens," Apple Bloom said quietly. "And our farm was in a tough pitch shortly after they're gone, and worse of all... it happened around weeks before Christmas... mah first Christmas."

Apple Bloom sighed. "But... despite how sad my sister was... Applejack was determined to make mah first Christmas the best Christmas Ah ever have. She did all those things she done with me that our ma had done with her. Decorate the house, the tree, bake gingerbread cookies, watching Christmas specials and movies, and she even went as far as to put together a whole Christmas feast on Christmas day... in honor of our parents!"

Apple Bloom smiled with admiration. "Applejack... was able to turn our most depressing time... into our most happiest time of our lives. My sis told me... that it was because of me... is what motivated her to make everythin' happen!" She then sighed through her nose. "After dat, things went better for us and we got used to how we run the farm. By next Christmas, my sis did the exact same thing with me like mah first Christmas. And it became our family holiday tradition since." Her expression then became somber. "...until now."

Sunset stared at Apple Bloom with an awe expression, feeling a new sense of admiration to Applejack after hearing that story. "Wow... that's amazing! No wonder you were looking forward to those traditions AJ was talking about!"

Apple Bloom widened her eyes from Sunset's revelation. "She... told you about our traditions?"

Sunset nodded. "Yeah, she told me during our first sleep over at Pinkie Pie's. In fact, she told me that after her argument with you on that night, she was planning on making up with you for making you upset by doing those traditions on... Christmas... Eve."

As Sunset realized that she unintentionally brought up the night of when that whole mess started, Apple Bloom looked down in guilt.

So mah sis didn't forgot about me! Apple Bloom thought. She was gonna do all our family traditions with me on Christmas Eve. But that's all ruined now because of my stupidity...

Seeing Apple Bloom looked upset, Sunset awkwardly cleared her throat. "I... I'm sorry I brought it up. I didn't mean to–"

"No it's alright," Apple Bloom said quietly. "Ah'll be fine."

She then brought her head up again and quickly went back to topic.

"Anyway... ever since that Christmas, AJ pretty much decided to take responsibility to take care of our farm and our family... including takin' care of me. She helped me with homework, took care of me when Ah'm sick or hurt, she even tucked me to bed almost every night.

"She did everythin' she could to give me the best childhood Ah have as she took care of me, as if she was trying to fill in the void that was left from our ma. She may be overprotective at times, but AJ is always there for me and took care of me that... Ah come to view her more as my mom than my own sister.

Apple Bloom sighed. "And on top of that, mah memories of mah original parents were fading away every year to the point that when Ah tried to close mah eyes and think of mah ma..." She sadly closed her eyes. "The only face Ah could see... was Applejack's... that's why means so much to me!"

Sunset stared at Apple Bloom with her stunned expression. All those times she received huge amount of anger and dislike from Apple Bloom's suddenly made a whole lot of sense.

"I... I had no idea," Sunset said quietly. "Did anyone else know about this?"

Apple Bloom shook her head. "No... just Principal Celestia, Vice Principal Luna, my two best friends, and now... you."

"...why are you telling me all of this?" Sunset questioned.

"For everything Ah have done to you... you deserved to know," Apple Bloom sniffed, tears welled up in her eyes. "Ah know now that is was selfish... a-and it was p-petty and stupid... b-b-but every time Ah tried to at least talk to mah sister, it was always 'Sunset this' and 'Sunset that'! Sunset, Sunset, Sunset! She was so busy spending time with you, she had forgotten about ME! Heck, Ah hardly see her anymore! Ah just... just... Ah just wanted to spend time with mah sister fer like we used to... even on Christmas! That's all Ah wanted!"

Apple Bloom silently wept, as tears flowed down past her cheeks. No matter how many times she wiped her face, her tears never seemed to end. She then suddenly noticed a handkerchief right in front of her, which was held by Sunset.

"Here, blow your nose," she said kindly.

The pre-teen obeyed as she took it from Sunset and blowed into it. After awhile of blowing her nose and wiping her eyes clean from her tears, she looked up to Sunset.

"Ah'm sorry... Ah probably sounded like a major brat right now!" Apple Bloom said quietly, feeling ashamed with herself at the way she behaved.

"It's okay Apple Bloom," Sunset responded with an empathetic expression. "In fact, I understand where you're coming from... more than you know."

Apple Bloom blinked with a sniff. "Y-you do?"

"Yeah," Sunset answered. "You remember, back at the library, when I told you that my mentor is like a mother to me?"

Apple Bloom nodded.

"I meant that both figuratively... and literally!" Sunset revealed, much to Apple Bloom's shock.

Sunset let out a huge sigh. "Up until our... biggest fight, I was really attached to her and looked up to her. Because of who she is... I wanted to do everything to make her proud of me... which was why I wanted so much power. But because of my ambition, I grew cold, cruel... and I lost my true sight along the way. At some point, when I had access to go back to my world, a part of me wanted to see how things have been without me, and maybe... to check to see if my mentor really missed me.

"When I finally decided to vist... I've seen a lot has changed since my departure. Her sister returned, the Crystal Empire returned along with the crystal ponies, the Elements of Harmony appeared and most of all..." Her frown deepened. "My mentor found a new personal student."

"Princess Twilight?" Apple Bloom asked with widened eyes, realizing where this was going.

"...yes," Sunset said softly, reliving the hurt she felt from that memory. "Twilight Sparkle accomplished a lot more than I could ever done! She and her friends saved the world many times, discovering new magic, became a princess, many other things that I wished to be... if I wasn't so foolish! And worse of all... I've seen how my mentor treated her as her own daughter... as much if not more... than me!"

Sunset then smiled sadly, despite the pained look from her eyes. "I guess other than wanting to become the most powerful princess in Equestria... I was also jealous of Twilight for taking my mother away from me as well."

"...Ah see," said Apple Bloom as she looked down with a thoughtful frown. "Ah guess we both have something in common than Ah thought!"

"We are. Which was why I asked Principal Celestia to give you guys a lighter sentence," Sunset revealed, surprising the young Apple farmer. "What you three did was awful, but you're also so young and still have so much life ahead of you! Leaving this school with a record of your actions and then got expelled for it will ruin your life!"

Apple Bloom felt her stomach tied itself into a knot. She never really thought of it. If she and her friends really did get kicked out from CHS, they would have a much harder time to get in another school again, or live their lives for that matter with a serious mark on their records. Apple Bloom felt extremely guilty for nearly ruined her friends lives because of her. But even after Sunset managed to softened the blow, Apple Bloom and her friends are far from forgiven and forget from the eyes of the people they've hurt.

"I was in that same position months back when I thought my life is over, both this world and my own," Sunset continued. "But both Twilight and Principal Celestia were mercy enough to gave me the one chance to turn it around and become a better person! It was hard for me since then, going through day after day of walking through the halls while everyone either gave me bad looks, yelling at me, ridiculing me, or... did various ways to get back at me as revenge."

Apple Bloom winced. She remembered all the times she have seen other students harassing and openly insulted her days after the formal, making her life miserable. Looking back, she herself was ashamed to be part of the Sunset hate bandwagon by openly calling her a "Demon" at every opportunity, both during school and at home whenever Sunset came over to visit to hang out with her sister. Apple Bloom's guilt intensified as she recalled many hurt experiences from Sunset because of her. She wished she could just go back in time so that she could knock herself in the head for the way she was behaving.

"There were a few times that I wanted to give up, considered moving to another school like Crystal Prep or hide somewhere until the portal starting working again so that I can flee back to my home," Sunset admitted. "But there is one thing that keeps me from giving up completely."

"And wat's dat?" Apple Bloom asked curiously.

"...my friends!"

Apple Bloom's eyes widened in shock. "Really? You still considered mah sis and the others yer friends? Even after they... ditched ya?"

Sunset closed her eyes and sighed heavily out of bitterness. "I'll admit... It hurts that they accused me and not giving me a chance. Even after everything we been through and I helped stopped the Dazzlings from taking over our school... a part of me felt that all my efforts to prove to everyone that I changed... hardly even matters."

Apple Bloom gave Sunset her guilt expression and was about to say something.

"I know they were sorry!" Sunset interjected. "You wouldn't believe how many times they've apologized to me today... and the day before for that matter, since your confession! But it takes more than just an apology after weeks of being alone throughout this torment!"

Sunset stuffed her hands to her coat pockets and looked down with a gloomy expression. "But granted... I can't bring myself to be angry at them either. I was so horrible to them... and everyone else here too back when I was a queen bee. I can't really blame them for thinking I went back to my evil ways. Which was why I forgive them as well. But even so..."

She sniffed, wiping a few tears away from her eyes. "I felt like I was back to square one with them. They've told me they've considered me their best friend! They've told me that I'm family to them! So how should I know that they won't turn me away again when something else goes wrong when it involves me? I just... I just can't handle being alone again."

If Apple Bloom wasn't feeling bad right now, she felt horrible. While Sunset have forgiven Applejack and the others for leaving her, she was still having doubts and traumatized from the events no thanks to Apple Bloom and her friends. The old Sunset would never felt upset about being alone. But Apple Bloom wasn't talking to the old Sunset, she was talking to a new and much nicer Sunset who doesn't deserved all that emotional abuse. She wasn't sure how she could ever fix this, but she wasn't going to let Sunset suffer any longer.

"Sunset... listen to me," Apple Bloom requested, getting Sunset's attention. "Ah'm probably the last person who you should be listening advice from, but please hear me out!"

She stepped closer to Sunset and sighed through her nose. "During our time when mah friends and Ah were running... 'you-know-who', Ah did something to mah friends that was so bad, that it was unforgivable! By the time Ah finally come to mah senses... ah thought Ah was too late... especially after I meet them in the hallway right before we confessed to you guys. Ah was scared to bring it up to them, but Ah also knew that it could lead things worse if Ah don't. So... Ah finally talked to them about it. There was a lot of accusing, screaming and even crying throughout our conversation... but at the end, it was worth it. Sure, Ah still have a lot to make up to mah friends, but Ah felt we've became a lot closer since then!"

Sunset frowned, brushing the last of her tears away. "What's your point, Apple Bloom?"

"My point is, you should definitely go talk to your friends and tell them how you feel!" Apple Bloom advised. "You guys might end up reopening some wounds in the process, but once you guys understand each other, not only you'll restore each other trust, but you and your friends will be closer than ever! But you just have to take the first step!"

Sunset simply stared at Apple Bloom for like a minute, taking in Apple Bloom's words. She then smirked and shook her head.

"Since when you're being so wiseful?" she chuckled before smiling slightly. "But... I'll think about it."

Apple Bloom frowned. "So... are ya truly forgiving us? ...forgiving me? Even with all the punishments Ah've received from home and school, Ah still felt that her giving me a slap on da wrist! Ah still wanted to make up for the wrongs Ah done to ya! Ah'll..." She sighed remorsefully. "Ah'll even let ya punch me! Even in the face! Dat way... Ah'll know that we're even! Ah'm not even going to dodge... ah promise.

Sunset had a blank look on her face as if she was gathering her thoughts. The suspension of silence was almost killing the the young farmer. Then, Sunset slowly lifted up her right hand.

Expecting that Sunset was taking up her offer, Apple Bloom clenched her eyes shut, waiting for the oncoming impact.

But nothing happened.

Confused, Apple Bloom slowly opened her eyes, only to see Sunset holding up three fingers with a stern expression.

"If you truly wanted to make up to me, I'll forgive you completely under three conditions." said Sunset as she lowered all but one finger. "One, you will swear to me that if you ever have a problem, then try to talk to us, especially your sister! And if there is something that I've done to upset you, then come to me!"

Apple Bloom nodded. After scolded endlessly by others, she definitely learned her lesson to be communicate with only the people who cared about her whenever she had a problem, instead of taking things with her own hands. She already swore to them and herself to never resorted into doing that out of jealousy or revenge ever again.

"Two," Sunset continued. "I want you to use this chance I give you and work hard to redeem yourself! It may take you days, months or even years! But with time, you'll earn the trust back to everyone you have hurt and then maybe... they'll forgive you. Not only from me, your sister or the students... but from yourself as well! Just like I have to go through!"

Apple Bloom nodded again. She and her friends already have work cut out for them when it comes to apologies and making up to everyone. But if they could ever be truely forgiven in the eyes of others, then they're willing to everything they can to earn them.

Even if it takes a long time.

"And finally," said Sunset. "I want you to tell Applejack that secret. The same one you just told me!"

Apple Bloom's eyes widened in horror. "WAT!? But... but Ah can't tell her dis! Things were awkward enough between me and mah sister already since mah confession! Ah don't want to make things worse between us, especially when it comes to our mother!"

"Didn't you just tell me earlier that by talking about it? That you'll be a lot closer and understanding to the people that you care?" Sunset pointed out.

"...touché," Apple Bloom muttered, slightly annoyed that Sunset used her own words against her.

Sunset smiled assuringly. "And who knows, maybe by telling her one of your secrets could be your first stepping stone of gaining her trust back."

Apple Bloom was still hesitant on the idea of telling her sister her most guarded secret. Not only this could upset her sister further, but also a little embarrassing when Applejack learned how she viewed her. On the other hand, by telling her, her sister may be more understanding and she and her sister will possibly get closer than ever as Sunset said. She was already in deep trouble, so what do she got to lose?

"Alright," Apple Bloom conceded. "Ah'm still not sure about this, but Ah'll go talk to Applejack about mah issues." Her eyes than narrowed at Sunset. "But only if you tell yer friends about yers! Deal?"

Sunset grinned and stretched her hand out towards Apple Bloom. "Deal!"

The two smiled and shook hands on it, making their deal official.

"So where ya headin' to Sunset!" Apple Bloom asked.

Sunset grinned. "Well... I was planning to take a walk around the neighborhood, but... I think I'll take your sister's offer and head over to Sweet Apple Acres so we can have a sleepover until the day after Christmas!" She frowned, worried for offending Apple Bloom of staying over for the holidays. "That is... if you don't mind that is."

Apple Bloom blinked before giving Sunset her welcoming smile. "Ah don't mind at all Sunset! After all..." She then gently grasped Sunset's hand. "You the member of mah family now!"

Sunset teared up, touched from Apple Bloom's words before the two hugged. They eventually broke their hug, but still hand in hand, the two headed down towards the sidewalk leading towards Sweet Apple Acres, as the sun sets over the horizon.

As Applejack once said, Apple Bloom thought, grasping Sunset's hand a little more tightly. 'No matter how big yer family is...

'There's always room fer more!'

THE END

Author's Note:

Welp, that's the end of the story! Finally completed after a year since I first started! I'm actually very proud of this one. I'm one of the few who managed to complete a full length Anon-a-Miss story. It is a big deal to me because I've seen so many good ones on this site that were either quietly canceled or there are a lot of completed works that were just... mediocre.

Now that's not to say that mine is the best or perfect by any means. In fact, there are a few other Anon-a-Miss stories out there (both complete and incomplete) are far better than mine... and I admit to that. Still, it was a huge accomplishment for me to actually finish it while not sacrificing the quality of my work for your entertainment.

At least, I hope so.

Additionally, this is by far the longest story I've ever written! I don't know if I could ever write another story as long as this again, but never say never!

Now let me go over with the elephant in the room... the ending. From all the comments I got from this story throughout this year, I can already tell that there are some people who are not going to be happy with this ending. Some wanted the CMCs to get severely punished for their actions like expulsion or juvenile hall. Some wanted the HuMane5 to get punished for ditching Sunset or acting like hypocrites. Some were even hoping that this story won't be "another" forgive and forget scenario like the comic or some of the other fics.

If you're one of these readers who are disappointed with this direction, then I wanted to apologize that this is not have been the ending you wanted. In fact, I planned this ending from the beginning. As I stated from the story's long description and the author's notes from the Prologue chapter, this is the story based from that holiday comic from the CMC's perspective, meaning with the exceptions of what they done in between, the ending will most likely be the same as with how the comic concluded.

Even without matching the ending of the original comic, despite what the CMCs have done, they are just kids! Kids who made a terrible (and stupid) mistake that went out of hand due to lack of judgement and not thinking straight. I'm not defending them by any means, but a lot people made them out to be heartless monsters, even though that's not the case. I created this story not just about writing what they were up to from their perspective, but also explore as to why they resort to Anon-a-Miss in the first place.

While this may not be the kind of ending you all were hoping for, but I did made some compromises in this story by adding things that were not mentioned from the comic. For one thing, the comic never showed or mentioned that the Rainbooms apologized for falsely accusing Sunset. Although it's possible that they did apologized to her off panel, but even with that, it was still unsatisfying to me. So I've written in this ending that the Rainbooms apologized to Sunset and now they wanted to do anything in their power to make everything up to her, despite Sunset's protests.

And that's another thing I added. While Sunset have forgiven her friends and the CMCs for everything what happened, but that doesn't mean that she has completely forgiven them. While she is hanging out with her friends again, but now feels a little warily around them (especially around CMCs) in case if they something that could be used against her. After everything that happened to her, I don't blame her. But what I liked about her as a character is that despite all the hardships she had created herself, it takes a big person like her to try to change for the better and becoming a better person, even though it is not always easy.

Even the CMCs, while forgiven, they don't get a slap on the wrist for their actions. Yes, they still get six months of detention just like the comic. However, I added additional punishments to the CMCs of what they're doing during detention as well as their punishments from home. And of course, while their families (especially their older sisters) forgive them for their actions, but their trust was severed as a result. So now the CMCs will have to work hard throughout their redemption so they can get their sisters trust back as well as everyone else from the school.

If you really think about it, the biggest punishment anyone would have to face through is dealing with your own guilt while facing some bitter victims who constantly reminding them of the terrible things they had done. Kinda like how Sunset Shimmer had to do for her redemption after the first Equestria Girls movie. Food for thought.

As for the whole forgive and forget was "overdone" in Anon-a-Miss stories than not forgiving at all... I don't believe that. If anything, I think it was the other way around! If you check out any other Anon-a-Miss stories out there, 90% of them were stories that were dark, mean spirited, someone (mostly Princess Twilight) telling the HuMane5 or CMCs off, characters getting punished for their actions and Sunset deciding to not forgive them and move on to new friends or return to Equestria. There were even some that were WAY over the top when it comes to the categories I've mentioned.

So... yeah. I'm not going for that kind of direction. Which is why I wrote this story in the way to match the tone from the show and the comic, but still make it serious which was challenging of itself. My story is not perfect, but it was still good enough in my eyes.

So the bottom line, while some of you disagreed with the direction of this story or how it ends, I hope that at least you all understand why I chose this direction and ended it like this.

That... and I'm a sucker when it comes to happy endings.

And before anyone asks... no, there are no plans for any upcoming sequel to this story!

Anyway, for those who stick around to read every chapter I released, tracking, favorited and leaving likes to this story... thank you!

For leaving me comments, whether saying you like this story/chapter or giving me constructive criticisms along the way... thank you!

To someone who actually created a Tv Tropes page of my story (which I never thought this would happen to any of my stories)... thank you!

You guys are seriously the best and what motivated me to finish this story. And I hope that you all enjoyed this ride that I started a year ago! :pinkiesmile:

Thank you all for reading my story! :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 45 )

Pinkie's eyes lit up. "Oh! The author of this story wanted me here as a cameo appearance, just to make the ending of this story a little more lighter!" She then turned towards your direction with an irritated look. "I mean seriously, we have way too many downer stories like this based off from our official holiday comic! I mean jeez, what were the comic writers were thinking!?" She then turned back towards her confused friends with her usual bubbly self again. "Anywho, I gotta go and prepare for our biggest sleepover party at Applejack's! See you two there!"

Me: (Finishes repairing fourth wall) There we go! Good as new!😊
i.makeagif.com/media/2-18-2015/Bvi7-6.gif
😡OH COME ON!

Not gonna lie: the three last chapters nearly made me drop a tear.

The way you write down this version of Anon-a-Miss make it different from others I've read in the past. Sometimes I'm wondering why this fic wasn't the original comic boom from the begining.

I never though there could be something like Dainn's or hattafan2593's fics until this one was posted.

Thanks a lot for your work. It will be silly from me to asking you for a sequel, but if you ever made one I hope it becomes awesome as you wanna make it.

Also, I'm glad Rainbow & Scoots are still looking for each other (this story is one of the few in wich Dash is more comprenhensive).

Have a nice day!

Has it really been a year? Wow. I feel old.

A satisfying conclusion to a superb story. I'll miss having this pop up in my inbox, and I wish you the best for the future.

Smooth rails and clean overhead wires.

Best story 👏🏻

9817287
Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you enjoyed my story!

You have a nice day as well! :twilightsmile:

9817363

Has it really been a year? Wow. I feel old.

You and me both! :unsuresweetie:

A satisfying conclusion to a superb story. I'll miss having this pop up in my inbox, and I wish you the best for the future.

Thank you very much! And thank you for your feedbacks too! :twilightsmile:

9817658
Here's to the next story being a success.

9817955
yeah but what happens in the comic goes against all sense.

9818048
Amen to that. Personally, I'm happy this tale went with a proportionate response. Yes, they could have been expelled. Yes, Twilight could have come along and screamed at everybody.

But to the author's credit, they did none of those things. They remembered that, at its core, the Holiday Special is a tale about friendship, redemption, and healing. True, the CMC have a long and bumpy road ahead of them, not dissimilar to a ride on a Nodding Donkey in the Manchester area. But the chance to redeem themselves is there, an option missing from so many other stories on this site that turn into punishment porn.

And they aren't walking that path alone.

9818424
I usually don't drink, but I will make an exception for this occassion.

Bottom's up, lads!

9818453
Don't worry! It's non-alcoholic! :raritywink:

9818478
Phew. That's a relief to an Englishman.

I was surprised that this:

Needless to say, her brother broke up with Sugar Belle before she could even explain, leaving him depressed ever since.

didn't have any follow up.

It was set up as a classic "It's not what it looks like" so I expected it to turn out that Big Mac reached the wrong conclusion, and have them make up when the truth came out. When that didn't happen, I looked up "Sugar Belle" to see if I was missing some context from the show. I was (I haven't seen The Break Up Break Down), but the context I was missing just confirms what I already thought: Apple Bloom broke up Big Mac and Sugar Belle for no reason. If Anon-a-Miss hadn't posted that, or Big Mac had given her a chance to explain, they'd still be together.

Leaving it at them broken up seems to go against the saccharine nature of the story.


So... yeah. I'm not going for that kind of direction.

I kind of feel like you went in that direction anyway.

That's . . . going to require a lot of explanation. Anyone who doesn't want to read a dissertation on escalation, counter escalation, and thematic dissonance in comparative narratives probably ought to skip the rest of this comment.

Some stories up the stakes by striving to make the invisible visible through the well worn technique of making the psychological physical. Instead of suffering in silence some of the time and crying on the floor at other times, you might get Sunset cutting or going to high places with intent to jump. Instead of words, glares, and ostracism, you get punches, kicks, and even weapons.

It's the reason one writes that "Apple Bloom felt a stab in her heart . . ." instead of "Apple Bloom felt a deeply emotional but in no way physical sense of sudden and severe discomfort . . ." but amplified to a narrative, rather than metaphoric, level. A huge part of the reason people do that (both narratively and metaphorically) is because, on a fundamental level, it works. That's not to say that it necessarily makes for good stories, but people say, "You stabbed me in the back," when no sharp objects were involved for a reason.

The transition from emotional to physical abuse necessarily brings with it an escalation of response. For better or worse, people almost always have more extreme responses to physical ailment or injury. (A sprained ankle will garner more sympathy and accommodation than potentially life-threatening depression; I know this from experience.)

That's why you get livid people with barely restrained rage. It's why you Twilight exploding and lashing out. It's why you get characters crossing portals to beat the crap out of their dimensional doubles, or the wrath of an angry Sun, or half of CHS kidnapped and thrown into a dungeon in another world, or . . .

It's why you get people getting so hung up on the motive being simple jealousy when that has no bearing on the effects of their actions.

When things are on the level depicted in the original comic, "I did mean things online because I was jealous," isn't really any worse than, "... because of a warped sense of what 'Justice' means," / "... to protect my sister from her poor choice in friends," / "... out of vengeance," / "... because I thought I was saving the school from her inevitable plot to re-brainwash us all," or, "... as part of a complex cloak and dagger plot with the ultimate goal of making myself president of the Yearbook Committee."

When you add bruised and beaten Sunset, suicidal Sunset, missing presumed harmed Sunset, thrown into a black hole Sunset, or [otherwise dark and grittified] Sunset to the mix, though, suddenly everyone feels like "Jealousy" doesn't cut it as a motive anymore.

And, of course, it's not just that. Celestia and Luna lose their cool, the student body is horrified, a powerfully pissed purple pony princess proceeds to passionately pronounce plethoric punishment. (Kind of ran out of good p-words toward the end there.)

They react this way because the (extreme) physical element means it's not an ordinary case of bullying, cyber or otherwise. It's a powerful fantasy for a lot of people who have been mistreated because it's something that can no longer be dismissed as kids being kids, or being "just words", or a sign that Sunset needs a thicker skin. The author has effectively done an end run around all of the ways people dismiss and minimize events like those depicted in the comic when they happen in the real world, but in the process they've changed everything.

Which brings us back to this story. In some senses what happened was scaled back to what happened in the original comic, in others not so much. It is, by now, well attested that words can do a lot more damage than knives and branding irons, and this story certainly upped that factor for Sunset, but even so, Celestia and Luna's responses to the CMC . . .

They're school administrators dealing with a case of cyber bullying. Their record isn't exactly the most amazing given pre-redemption Sunset Shimmer, but they're still running a high school. If they haven't dealt with bomb threats, they've at least been trained to (and seen colleagues forced to do so.) They've definitely dealt with bullying. Per the comic, CHS during Anon-a-Miss is on par with how things were pre-Fall Formal and worse (somehow) than when the sirens were using semi-mind control to make everyone hate each other.

The CMC may be legitimately terrible here, but that's mostly because what they're attempting amounts to the "Door-Slam" portion of a Heel–Face Door-Slam. Or, in more MLP terms, they're doing to Sunset what Pinkie Pie did to Princess Luna during Luna Eclipsed, except they're doing it intentionally. That's something that's truly devastating, but it's devastating for one particular person. For the school at large, and Celestia and Luna in particular, without an elevation in violence and/or Sunset being pushed to extremes of self harm, this is "Been there, done that, got sick of the T-shirt and donated it to charity" territory.

Yet here they're reacting as though Sunset just got back from being ambushed in the gym (and maybe even hauled off to an abandoned factory and/or hotel.) Now, it's perfectly reasonable for them to be pissed off. It's even perfectly reasonable for them to seething. Based on what we saw in the comic, though, it shouldn't be showing the way that it is. (It shouldn't be taking that particular form at all.) It also shouldn't be resulting in them defaulting to expulsion and juvenile hall. They've been here before, and they know which way the wind is blowing.

They've seen Sunset Shimmer, who did all this on a larger scale and longer time table (if with significantly greater subtlety), go from literal demon to savior of the school. The possibility for the CMC's redemption is staring them in the face; it's on on her behalf that they're outraged. They should be thinking reform, not expulsion. There should be measured responses. Prologue-Luna shouldn't have been yelling at the CMC in beginning (before hearing a word of what they had to say no less), and it certainly shouldn't take Celestia yelling at her to make her stop. Likewise it shouldn't take Celestia glaring at Luna-described-in-"The Verdict" to make her stay in line.

It shouldn't, it does. That's not actually a criticism, by the way. The world in general, like this site in particular, is full of stories built on a premise of "This thing that shouldn't be the case is, in fact, the case." What it is, though, is an observation. Celestia and Luna aren't treating Anon-a-Miss like an ordinary, if widespread, case cyber bullying; they're treating Anon-a-Miss like it's the worst thing they've ever encountered in their time running CHS.

That says that this in, in their eyes, worse than student turning into a demon, mind controlling the student body (with the intent of using them as either cannon-fodder or human shields, depending on Sunset's exact plans), and attempting to commit murder. Every one of Luna's outbursts, and all the times when Celestia was more frighting with her less overt displays of anger, is saying this is more extreme (again, in their eyes) than mind-controlling hate-inducing flying dragon-fish with ambitions of world domination.

The story might not break out the tools of dark and grit, and it certainly doesn't pull out all the stops, but it is pulling out a lot of the stops to make this into something way more extreme than depicted in the comic*, and in so doing is leaning heavily upon the conventions established in the dark, often violent, often (but not always) mean-spirited stories that were and are "going for that kind of direction."

And, for the record, that's not a bad thing.


I get long winded when tired and dehydrated, but if I waited until I were well rested and well watered, I might never comment on anything. Sorry for the length here.

* In case it wasn't clear, that's why all those "should"s and "shouldn't"s aren't actually a problem. Based on what we saw in the comic, Anon-a-Miss has a certain level of severity, which means certain things should be true, and certain things shouldn't be true. The story isn't the comic, and isn't bound by those constraints. Seeing more angles changes our understanding of the severity, in this case amplifying it, so those "should"s and "shouldn't"s fall away in the face of the story's "are"s and "are not"s.

Plus, the entire point, as I understand it, is change the story by filling in the comic's many and varied blanks. (It's basically impossible to fill in blanks without changing the story, regardless.)

9819382

I was surprised that this:

Needless to say, her brother broke up with Sugar Belle before she could even explain, leaving him depressed ever since.

didn't have any follow up.

It was set up as a classic "It's not what it looks like" so I expected it to turn out that Big Mac reached the wrong conclusion, and have them make up when the truth came out. When that didn't happen, I looked up "Sugar Belle" to see if I was missing some context from the show. I was (I haven't seen The Break Up Break Down), but the context I was missing just confirms what I already thought: Apple Bloom broke up Big Mac and Sugar Belle for no reason. If Anon-a-Miss hadn't posted that, or Big Mac had given her a chance to explain, they'd still be together.

Leaving it at them broken up seems to go against the saccharine nature of the story.

I honestly forgot about that side plot. So I went back to Epilogue part 1 chapter (with Sweetie Belle) and following up on Big Mac's and Sugar Belle's relationship.

Thank you for pointing that out.

9819402
You're welcome.

(And thanks for not being angry with the giant second half of the comment. Whenever I do something like that, I worry that the author will hate me for it.)

Yup, gotta say, what a great way to end this fic. I still stand this story IS the best Anon-a-miss based story by far.

When it comes to these kinds of stories, most of them come off as revenge fantasies. They want to punish the humane 5 for being terrible friends; they want to treat the CMC like shit for what they did; Princess Twilight or Celestia come in pissed off, it's all the same to me.

It seems the authors of those stories are trying to convey the message that if you did something terrible, you should be deeply punished for it and become a horrible person by default, which is a very disturbing message to tell.

And this is where this fic shines. This Anon-a-Miss story feels like a deconstruction of them, it's trying to tell that "punitive justice" is an awful ideology to have. Getting revenge on someone you don't like for their actions, especially when they become aware of the consequences and wish to be a better person, is just terrible in my opinion.

I love how you presented that message in a creative way, through the eyes of the CMC, to show how they got into that situation and what made them think that way; it's very well done. It's odd that some people believe the trio should be punished. It's kind of ironic because they are proving the point of this fic, that you are terrible for thinking this way and are just as bad they were. Yes, what they did was awful, that's the fucking point. lol

My only main issue with this ending is how preachy it can get, how they constantly reference the horrible acts of the CMC, it felt kind of pretentious after awhile. The readers already know what they did was wrong, we don't need to be reminded of it constantly, I would have preferred if more imagery was implemented than dialogue, but that's just me.

In conclusion, this story is one of the best stories I've on this site. I really wish somebody can do a radio play or something of this fic, it's just that good to me. You have great talent to tell a story, so much potential for improvement. You deserve a follow, can't wait to see more of your works.
👏👏👏👏👏👏

9820723
Thank you so much TheFVguy! I'm touched that you considered my story the best, even though I think there are other stories that are way better than mine. Once again, your comment really made my day! :pinkiesad2:

I'm glad that you enjoyed my story overall and I appreciate your feedback! I will try to improve myself for my next story and I hope you'll stick around for more of my stories to come! :twilightsmile:

Love the story! Wonder what new story idea, not a sequel, have you in mind?

I loved this story.
it was so well written. the raw emotion. the twists. and the payoff is great. I loved it.
id love to see the aftermath of this. like a year later or something. keep up the great work!

Great fanfic! Lots of emotion and detail!

I would like to see another Dazzlings story since I enjoy your version of the reformed Sirens. It should be based on Sunset's Backstage Pass since the Dazzlings returned in that special and take place after "Sonata Can't Read." My idea is that the Rainbooms discover the Dazzlings singing at the festival and are shocked and confused as to why their they (mainly Sonata) are singing when their voices were destroyed. They believe that they have gotten their hands on Equestrian magic and have gone back to the dark side, are using vocal processing, which is how they sung in the special.So they confront the Dazzlings (the security guard lets them in since the Dazzlings have let them) and demand answers. It can even be another "Since When" story, but featuring the Sirens instead of Spike. I'd call it "Since when did our Former Enemies become Singers Again?"

This was incredible. If ever anyone needed proof that you can make a good story out of a bad idea, what you did with Anon-A-Miss should more than suffice. Your skill with thematics and emotions is the best I've seen on this site, bar none.

9919698
Wow! Thank you so much!

I'm glad you enjoyed my story! :twilightsmile:

Overall I have to say this story finished what should have been approached on in the comic for a punishment. It did keep to how the violence in MLP can be but is overlooked alot, such as Garble's violent actions as he showed with wanting to smash a phoenix egg. And I did appreciate how it was addressed in the story about Sunset not getting a proper punishment, though I attribute that to poor writing by the show's writers and because of reporting abuse of magic in a world without it would make anyone there look crazy. Still, Sunset convincing the Principals to reduce the punishment was far better than ruining the girl's lives and has got me thinking on propper methods of punishment. This whole story has got me rethinking on stuff and the show which is, in my opinion, one of the most important things a writer should aim for with a story, to make people think. So I applaud and thank you for writing a wonderful piece of art.

10145701
Thanks and you are welcome! Aside from writing this story from the CMC's perspectives, it is my goal to get people to think throughout this whole ordeal and to fill in some things that the comic should've addressed. I'm glad that you enjoyed it and it made an impression on you! :pinkiesmile:

Still, Starlight convincing the Principals to reduce the punishment was far better than ruining the girl's lives

You mean Sunset? :rainbowhuh:

Anyway, thank you for reading my story! :twilightsmile:

10145771
*facepalm* I thought I fixed that typo before post! Sorry about that. And yes, I meant Sunset. :twilightsheepish:

I fixed it.

10145779
No problem! It happens! :pinkiesmile:

To the author - i read your story Through the Eyes of Anon-a-Miss yesterday then finished it at bout early morning.
you made an interesting tale on a really old comic work and gave most of the cmc a reason why anon-a-miss was created.

p.s: btw the word 'just' was repeated twice in chapter seven you've probably addressed this issue somewhere in your author notes:derpyderp1:

"Well technically... that was Scootaloo's fault for posting that," Apple Bloom responded, only to wince when she saw Silver scowled at her. "B-but that's no excuse!" Apple Bloom added quickly. "We all felt terrible for that and we didn't want you guys to stop being friends again because of us!"

scowl, not scowled

"Hey," Applejack greeted, but lack of any warmth from her voice.

you mean lacking any warmth in her voice?

"I was in that same position months back when I thought my life is over, both this world and my own," Sunset continued. "But both Twilight and Principal Celestia were mercy enough to gave me the one chance to turn it around and become a better person! It was hard for me since then, going through day after day of walking through the halls while everyone either gave me bad looks, yelling at me, ridiculing me, or... did various ways to get back at me as revenge."

give, not gave.

I just finished up an addition from this story as the timeline is 6 days after Christmas and the Cutie Mark Crusaders wind up running away for they feel people won't forgive them but were more than willing to forgive Gilda Griffon at a party for her! There is such emotion and determination with Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash wanting to find Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo fast and after everybody is found and danger is over, I have Sunset have a good conversation once and for all to bury A-non-a-miss and I wanted to explore how Applebloom could've told Applejack about loving her as a momma and then Applebloom and Applejack with friends decorating the barn and house for December 31st, celebrating Christmas that applebloom wanted with a festive decorated home. Sunset and the CMC truly make up and work out any self doubts or insecurity with the Rainbooms. I'll edit it in a few weeks and post a few chapters, see how you all like it. There is some nudity involved so it will be teen rated and also some choice language. It's my version of humanized runaway Crusaders.

10827412
Just spotted them in Letupita's upload of the scene. They're on screen for less than a second. I think that scene was cut from the UK DVD, as I can't recall that moment before.

Yo, me encanta, me encanta que por fin encontre un fanfic de anon-a-miss que no sea tan oscuro (aunque me gusten los de este tipo) y la frase final me mato :')

11257422

I love how ironic it is that Apple Bloom was the one that ultimately stabbed AJ in the back.

He who fights monsters I guess.

How ironic indeed. :eeyup:

I like to think this is what pushed Apple Bloom over the edge and go through with Anon-A-Miss. The idea of her sister wearing nail polish because of Sunset was just too much for her.

Especially since her sister was having fun with someone who was once a bully to everyone while she was all alone and wasn't invited to their sleepover at all and wasn't able to do some Christmas traditions with her sister. :unsuresweetie:

11257689

https://youtu.be/LZTbUQ2dP-o

I don't know what game was that from, but I'll admit, it was a pretty good quote.

Well, good to know someone has a crush on AJ, I always kind of worried for the girl.

Plus, she's always got the short end of the stick with those consent jokes from the fandom for being the "background character". She deserves to get some love. :eeyup:

Diamond immediately should’ve known something was up. These people are obssesed with apples, no way would they ever consider diamonds.

Diamond might have known that something was up, but Diamond was probably thinking that the CMCs were being their usual odd selves that she paid it no mind.

11257753

i.imgflip.com/44noro.jpg

Yeah... it was technically her idea (and a very stupid one), but Apple Bloom approves it to keep going. And unfortunately, since Apple Bloom built that Anon-a-Miss page, she has the final say if they should continue or not. :applejackunsure:

Huh, weird. My story also had Bon-Bon (or in this case being accused of) revealing Lyras secret. And that was a spur of the moment decision too.

Just kidding. :scootangel: Still, it was a coincidence.

... whoops.

Comment posted by sonicfan05 deleted Jun 4th, 2022

11257982

Why didn't Silver just explain all of this? It genuinely wasn't Diamonds fault her mother bought it for her birthday, and she would have no idea about the significance it had to Silver. So it seems immensely unfair that Silver stole the thing, lied about it, floated to Diamonds face about it, then reveal why she wanted it in the first place.

In my headcanon, maybe she tried to, but Diamond was busy showing off her necklace and a bit self-absorbed that she never give Silver a chance to explain it. Plus, like in the MLP show, Diamond was doing as told and believed her mother that she has the full right to own it since her mother bought it. But Diamond had no idea that it belonged to Silver's late grandmother and would've given it to her if Silver found out.

And as for Silver, being young, full of anger, and thinking that her best friend wouldn't listen to her, she decided that the only way to get it back was by stealing it under Diamond's nose. Unfortunately, someone photoed Silver stealing the necklace. And after it was leaked on Anon's page, the two fought it out and all logical thoughts and reasoning were thrown out due to blaming and anger towards each other.

11258290

Can’t help but remember this little quote:
preview.redd.it/ie60e35oq2h31.jpg?auto=webp&s=6087dc2c620b328bef6955f449adb491431f76a5

Admittedly, that scene from AtLA is what inspired me for that quote in this chapter. Sokka admitting to Toph that Katria is like a mother to him without knowing that she's there really hits me. :fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment