• Published 4th Sep 2018
  • 7,039 Views, 304 Comments

Through the Eyes of Anon-a-Miss - sonicfan05



Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were summoned into Principal Celestia's office so they can explain on how and why they created the infamous MyStable user, "Anon-a-Miss".

  • ...
19
 304
 7,039

Epilogue: The Long Road of Redemption Pt. 2 (Scootaloo)

"Sure glad that's over!" Scootaloo muttered as she slowly walked down the hallway after getting chewed out from Coach Iron Will from her actions at the locker room weeks back. She was kept in his office, discussing (mostly yelling) about her punishment after Winter Break for about a half hour before he finally let her go. Even before she was forced to see Coach Iron Will, she was already drained from a long day of school she had gone through.

Scootaloo was having... a rough time, to put it mildly. After she and her friends' confession to the school earlier from the auditorium, she received nothing but open hostile from other students all day, especially after learning that she was the one who did all the postings. Of course, Scootaloo took all their insults and anger without any protest since she felt like she deserved it. But the one thing that keeps making her mad was that everyone labeled her as the one responsible for posting everyone's secrets and almost ruined everyone's lives, even though some of the accusation was from the very people who were also responsible as well.

Hypocrites! she thought bitterly. Blaming me for posting them when they are the ones who send them to me to post! Sure glad that me and my friends aren't the only ones to get punished from all of this!

Even back at home, while her Aunts didn't hate her after hearing the truth (much to her relief), but they were very disappointed in her actions. As a result, she was grounded for six months. From then on, her time with her friends was cut short for the time being and focus on her homework, she was never allowed to use her laptop unless it's for school (with her Aunts supervision), and must do extra chores around the house as directed before she could play, even on weekends!

Additionally, she dealt with a few students who personally walked up to Scootaloo and gave her a piece of their minds, which were lots of angry screaming, berates and promises to make her life miserable. They probably could've done a lot more to express their anger if they weren't being watched by other teachers. After their confession, Principal Celestia ordered the faculty of the school to keep a close eye on the school to keep everyone from fighting again, especially in case if anyone tries to harm the CMC. But even with that new arrangement, Scootaloo knew that it was only a matter of time before her luck ran out the moment when she is all alone and vulnerable for those vengeful students to strike.

Just like what they did to Sunset.

What really surprised Scootaloo the most was when she ran into the 'misaligned eyes' girl earlier today. Scootaloo felt extremely guilty when she saw her since that girl was the one that Scootaloo had hurt the most. At first, Scootaloo thought that she was going to say a few angry words and insults to her like the others. Unlike everyone else, Scootaloo felt like she deserved all that hate coming from that girl.

But to Scootaloo's surprise, she didn't.

Instead of being mad like the others, she just calmly explained how much Scootaloo actions have hurt her and was still upset by it. But despite all of that, she just smiled and said that she forgives the young daredevil for everything she had done. That girl's actions and words alone nearly made the young girl cry. The fact that this girl forgives her despite everything, just made Scootaloo feel a whole lot worst about herself. Despite that girl's reputation of being a total clutz, she was truly the most innocent person with a heart of gold.

Scootaloo still couldn't believe that she was willing to hurt a person like that.

"Hey Scoota-BRAT!"

Scootaloo let out a tired sigh, annoyed that she was about to deal with the eighth student who wanted to express their anger on her. Decided to get this over with, she turned to see an angry blonde girl with dark purple eyes. She wore a purple and white sport jacket with a red skirt, purple boots with red socks and a purple and red hairband that held her hair into a long ponytail.

"What do you want Cloudy Kicks?" Scootaloo asked in a dull tone.

"What do I want?" Cloudy repeated in her mocking tone before shouting angrily. "I want to give you a piece of my mind for humiliating me with your MyStable page... Anon-a-Miss!"

Scootaloo groaned inwardly. What Cloudy Kicks was referring to was an image of her freaking out a tiny spider (which turned out to be a toy which was placed by one of her teammates) that was hidden in her locker due to her huge fear of spiders. Naturally, Scootaloo posted that picture along with the others just to keep up with the act as Anon-a-Miss. And after her and her friends' confession earilier, Scootaloo was already dealing with her consequences by getting called out, chewed out and even insulted by the very student they've done wrong.

Just like the first seven times.

"Look..." Scootaloo sighed as she rubbed her temples. "Me and my friends had already apologized to everyone, including you of what we done! What more do you want from me!"

Cloudy immediately went up to Scootaloo and lifted her up by her shirt, surprising the young pre-teen. Cloudy then brought Scootaloo's face to hers with an angry sneer.

"How about... getting even!"

Despite slightly nervous of how Cloudy acted differently than the others and the danger she was in, Scootaloo stared at Cloudy with a calm expression.

"Like how you tried to get even with Sunset alongside with Garble from the hallway the other day?" Scootaloo retorted. "And by the way, did YOU apologized to Sunset for attacking her after mistaking her for Anon-a-Miss or was that an excuse to get back at her like some kind of a hypocrite? Oh... and your breath stinks!"

Scootaloo's statement only angered Cloudy further and brought her fist back."You little BRAT! I'm gonna–"

"You're gonna... what, Cloudy Kicks?"

Cloudy felt chills so far down her spine after hearing a voice she knows so well. She slowly turned around and she felt her heart nearly stopped at the sight of her captain of the Wondercolts soccer team, Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash had her arms crossed with a disapproving anger like a parent who just caught her child for doing something nasty.

Cloudy gulped. "R-Rainbow Dash!? I... I was just–"

"About to let her go, right?" Rainbow finished with a growl.

"But, but she's the one who was spreading secrets!" Cloudy complained angrily while pointing at Scootaloo in question.

Rainbow's eyes narrowed. "Weren't you the one who commented about how Fluttershy sounded like a sick animal when she sings and should just live in the zoo?"

Cloudy recoiled in fear that her captain caught her for being the one who insulted one of the kindest and most popular student of the school from online. What was even worse for her was the captain also happens to be friends with the person who she insulted.

"I want to mop the floor with you for insulting my best friend for that!" She continued angrily. "But my best friend wouldn't let me do that. So instead, I'll make you do one hundred laps around the track during our next practice as punishment... after you apologized to her!" Before Cloudy could sigh in relief, Rainbow added, "Now as for Scootaloo, she was already being punished, so there's no need to give her more! So unless you want me to ban you from any of our next games, I kindly suggest you scram and leave her alone!"

Cloudy's eyes narrowed. "And what if I don't?"

"Keep hanging around and find out!" Rainbow threatened with a low voice.

There was a silent stand off between the two athletes. After about a minute Cloudy reluctantly placed Scootaloo down, but now before giving Scootaloo her hateful glare.

"This isn't over!" she whispered harshly before she turned and stomped away.

As Cloudy retreated down the halls, Rainbow noticed many students were watching them out of interest. Whether they were hoping to see Scootaloo get a taste of revenge or not wanting to get involve, Rainbow wasn't certain. However, the sight of peering eyes from others annoyed her greatly and glared at them.

"What are you all looking at!? Show's over!" she barked.

With a blink of an eye, the students immediately carried on with their day, pretending that event ever happened.

After Scootaloo sighed in relief of avoiding danger, she looked up at Rainbow. "Um... thanks Rainbow Dash! I'm glad that your–"

"Save it Scoots!" Rainbow barked, making the young dare devil flinch. Rainbow sighed heavily and turned her head away from Scootaloo. "...we need to talk!"

Scootaloo frowned with nervousness. After her confession along with her friends at the shoppe last night, Rainbow Dash hasn't spoken to her since. She figured that she was very mad at her for betraying her, but she doesn't blame her for it. While she was willing to take responsibility for what she'd done along with her friends, she was scared that her idol won't speak to her again at the cost of it just like what she did to Sunset. She really didn't know what to do if Rainbow wanted nothing to do with her life anymore and downright disown her. She scolded herself for making many stupid mistakes to get her idol to be closer to her, only to push her away instead.

"Why?"

Scootaloo snapped herself out of her thoughts from her idol's raspy voice. "W-what?"

"Why did you do it?" Rainbow asked softly, still looking away from Scootaloo. "Why did you do all those postings to hurt everyone in school? To hurt Sunset? To hurt... me?"

Scootaloo felt huge twinge of guilt from her stomach. She looked down towards the ground, not wanting to meet her idol's eyes due to shame.

"It's... because of a lot of things," Scootaloo answered lamely.

"What kind of 'things'?" Rainbow asked bluntly with a bit of impatientness.

"It's because... I was jealous," Scootaloo admitted with a waver from her voice. "We used to spend so much time together like sisters and you always find the time just for me, despite your busy schedule as a captain for all sport teams! But ever since Sunset... joined your group, you didn't spend as much time for me anymore. And I was also confused as to why you let someone like her be your friend despite everything she did! I didn't think she was punished enough, so I joined Apple Bloom just to get back at Sunset and to get you to spend time with me again. But as days go by and after our talk... I realized just how wrong I am and how misguided my sense of justice was. I wanted to end it, I really do, but because of all those messages I've received, threatening me to continue or else... I was so scared! I tried fixing it by telling our "fans" off, but I made it so much worse! I never wanted this to happen... and I never wanted to hurt anybody!"

"But you did it anyway!" Rainbow pointed out.

"I know!" Scootaloo cried as she shut her eyes and tears were pouring out from her eyes. "And I regret all of it! I'm no better than any bully I've ever known! I'm sorry for hurting your friends! I'm sorry for hurting Sunset! And I'm sorry for hurting you! I don't deserve to be your sister!"

Scootaloo continued to silently weeping in front of her idol. Normally she wouldn't want to cry in front of her idol so she doesn't look like a wimpy sap, but at this point she doesn't care anymore. For all she knew, her relationship with Rainbow Dash is as considered to be over. She wouldn't care if it was from another angry student, but if it was from her idol, it will destroy her. She silently waited for Rainbow Dash to berate and scream at her, all while announcing that she will never speak to her again.

Even if it hurts a lot.

"Scootaloo... look at me," Rainbow said softly.

Despite her tears were still leaking, Scootaloo opened her eyes and slowly raised her head at her idol who had a stern but soft expression.

"Squirt... what you and your friends done to me and my friends... hurts me!" Rainbow Dash stated calmly. "It really does! What really hurts me the most was that you, who I considered you as my sister, made me turn against my best friend for something she didn't do! Do you have any idea how that affected me, how much I hurt my best friend, who spent a long time trying to prove herself to us, only to toss her away without a second thought? She'll have a hard time trusting us again no matter how many times we assured her that it won't happen again, I'm sure of it! And not to mention, do you have any idea how much damaged you caused to other people? Like Soarin? My teammates spent hours trying to convince him to come back to school! While we had succeeded of convincing him to return, Soarin was now hesitant to eat a single pie since! And do I even need to mention about Dinky and her sister?" Scootaloo flinched as Rainbow continued to press. "Are you proud that you hurt innocent people just to get what you want, despite that wasn't the correct way in doing so?"

"N-no! I'm not proud at all!" Scootaloo cried as her tears were now flowing down her cheeks. "If anything, I felt terrible! I wanted to fix this, but I don't know how!"

Rainbow let out a long sigh. "Kid... even though you acknowledged your mistakes and trying to make it up to everyone you wrong, but it takes more than a simple apology to fix all of this! In fact, you may not be able to fix this completely! There may be some people who are willing to forgive you in time, but the others..."

Rainbow didn't finish, but Scootaloo understood the gist of her message.

Scootaloo sniffed. "W-what about... you?"

Rainbow Dash was quiet for a moment, making the young pre-teen nervous and scared for her response. After what it felt like an eternally, Rainbow finally answered.

"Right now Scoots... I'm very disappointed in you! Part of me felt like... I shouldn't be near you right now. You nearly ruined my chances of ever becoming a personal soccer player because you posted my science paper."

Scootaloo sadly bowed her head, distraught that her relationship with Rainbow Dash has come to an end.

"...but!"

Scootaloo quickly raised her head back up to Rainbow Dash with a bit of confusion and a shimmer of hope.

"If there's one thing I learned throughout all this mess... is that there's nothing good of ever throwing someone away because of your friend's actions." She then looked away with a bit of look of shame herself. "I admit... even I screwed up badly for the past two weeks. Not that I'm making an excuse, but I guess a small part of me was still resentful of what Sunset had done in the past, even though we're both cool now. But when you three... created that site,–" Scootaloo badly cringed from Rainbow's icy tone, as Rainbow continued. "I suddenly became distrustful with her again and believed she have gone back to her old ways! I even believed that she was pretending to be our friend this entire time despite my heart telling me that something was up!"

She sighed sadly. "But after everything that happened with Sunset... I realized I should've been more loyal to her. NO... a better friend. And I also... should've kept my temper in check. Even though that she forgives us, but the damage was done. I still have a lot to make up for her." She turned her head back towards Scootaloo again, but with a look of guilt and remorse. "I also felt that it was my fault... for giving you the wrong impression on what justice is. I should've tried to convinced you further that Sunset really changed. Heck! I should've been a better role model to you! I felt like that you learned all of my habits, both good and the bad! If I done better... you would have made a better choice of handling things and come talk to me... instead of doing something drastic like that. So in a way... I'm mad at myself for making you act this way. So... I get the most blame."

"That's not true!" Scootaloo exclaimed, now openly crying. "Everything that happened was MY choice, just like how you made your choices with Sunset! I'm the one who let you down!"

Rainbow looked down. "But it was because that I wasn't always around you is what lead you to this!"

"Yes, but that was still on me!" Scootaloo cried. "So if you're going to hate someone for ruining your friendship with Sunset... than hate me! I know that my chances of ever repairing our friendship is gone. So... just say that you hate me and never wanted to see me again and leave! Just... just do it..."

She sobbed but kept her head now. Rainbow haven't said anything for a while to the point that Scootaloo was sure that she was torturing her feelings. Before Scootaloo could say anything, she suddenly felt arms wrapping around her. Despite that her eyes were filled with tears, she looked up to see Rainbow Dash who was giving her a sad smile.

"Heh... guess we both screwed up big time, huh?" She joked weakly before her expression became serious. "I could never hate you squirt! And if you think for one second that I'll ditch you for this, then you are wrong kid! I won't abandon you!"

Scootaloo eyes widened in shock, couldn't hardly believe what her idol said. "R-really?"

"Really!" Rainbow answered with a soft smile. "Like I said, I learned a lot for the past two weeks. I won't make the same mistake again like I did with Sunset. I won't leave anyone including you hanging again!"

Scootaloo sniffed with a much hopeful expression. "So... does that mean... you forgive me?"

Rainbow's face became neutral. "Well... yes... and no."

After seeing Scootaloo's sad, yet confused expression, Rainbow explained further. "While I can tell that you're sorry, but you still hurt me Scoots! But if you're really sorry and wanted to make up to me and everyone else, you have to work hard to regain my trust. Understood?"

Scootaloo nodded. "I understand! I swear, I'll do anything to fix our trust and become your sister again!"

Rainbow shook her head. "There's no need to do all of that Scoots! While I am still mad at you and mistrust you right now..." She knelt down in front of Scootaloo, placed her hands on her shoulders and then gave her a caring smile. "But you're still my little sister to me... even if we're not related by blood."

Scootaloo's eyes began to water again, but with happiness instead of sadness. She threw her arms over Rainbow's neck and sobbed. Rainbow Dash simply hugged back with a smile and stay there for a long time, not caring if anyone from the hallway saw them. Eventually, they broke the hug.

"Alright... enough with the sappiness," said Rainbow as she stood up, ruffled Scootaloo's hair and then began to walk down the hall. "Now come along Scoots!"

Scootaloo followed her idol with a questioning look. "Where are we going?"

"To the track," Rainbow Dash answered simply.

Scootaloo immediately halted and widened her eyes. "But... the track is filled with snow!"

"Yes, but it'll give us a slight challenge for what we're doing now!" Rainbow replied nonchalantly before she stopped and faced Scootaloo with a stern expression. "You say that you wanna spend more time with me? Then I want you to run around the track with me by my side. We're gonna keep running around the track until you can't run any more!"

Scootaloo gulped, both out of fear and anticipation. "Is... is this your way of giving me punishment?"

"In a way," Rainbow Dash responded. "But... I'm also training myself for the upcoming Friendship Games in a couple of months, so I need to keep myself in shape. And since everyone is busy... I could use a tracking buddy to help me out. So are you up for it?"

Scootaloo eyes widened in shock from her idol's offer before she nodded her head vigorously. "Y-yes! I wanna help you out!"

Rainbow let out a huge grin. "Great! Once we're done, we'll be heading to Applejack's for our major holiday sleepover and you three are invited!" She then turned and started heading down the hall "Now lets get to that track and start jogging... sis!"

With her tearful eyes, Scootaloo smiled widely before following her sister-figure.

"You got it... sister!"

Author's Note:

Fun fact: Scootaloo originally ran into Lightning Dust before being saved by Rainbow Dash. But after realizing that using Lightning Dash in an Anon-a-Miss stories was a major cliché, I decided to have Scootaloo run into Cloudy Kicks instead.

Anyway, the next Epilogue chapter will be the true finale!