• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 4,365 Views, 33 Comments

Rising From The Ashes - Midnight_Song95



While dealing with her own insecurities and the fact that her friends seem to be excluding her. Sunset finds herself getting wrapped up in the mystery and chaos brought on by three new students.

  • ...
3
 33
 4,365

Chapter 2

Sunset didn't know what Celestia was planning but whatever it was, she doubted it could take her mind off of her friends. Did I do something wrong? Are they mad at me for some reason? Just thinking about the other girl's made her mind whirling with questions. I mean, they could have at least invited me to hang out with them...Not that I really need to but still...They could have offered.

Sighing she tried to shake the thoughts from her mind as she instead turned her attention toward Celestia, arching a brow at the older woman as she asked: “So...Where are we going anyway?”

“Well, where do you want to go? I just wanted to get you out of the house, to be honest.” Celestia answered causing Sunset to roll her eyes.

“Of course you did. I swear sometimes you and the princess are too much alike!” Sunset retorted, smirking as the woman narrowed her eyes at the comparison.

“You're lucky I am driving or you would regret saying that.” Celestia responded, trying to sound threatening although the slight twitch of her lips alerted Sunset of the woman's true intentions, even if Sunset knew that the threat was empty, to begin with.

“Sure I would Mom. Sure I would.” Sunset retorted, unable to hide her amusement at her mother's attempt at banter. “you forget one thing...I'm not exactly afraid of you.”

“No, but you are afraid of Luna.”

Sunset just stuck her tongue out at Celestia at that.

“More than you, yes. Because she actually has went through with threats...Although I know she wouldn't hurt me either. She's evil but not that evil.” Sunset retorted as she watched Celestia's faux anger melt into laughter.

“I'll tell her you said that.”

Sunset just snickered at the thought of that, rolling her eyes just as the light turned green.

“Knowing her, she'd just have it printed on a t-shirt.”


Luna sighed as she paused and wiped her hands on the stained overalls that she had chosen to work in. “Was it just me or was Sunset acting odd earlier today? I mean, when she wasn't trying to be a brat.” she asked as she refilled the paint tray she was using.

“You noticed it too huh? Do you think that everything is alright at school? I mean, I know you guys said that they were still giving her a hard time but usually she doesn't seem so...I don't know, out of it.” Chrysalis asked earning a sigh.

“Yeah, I did. Why do you think I started egging her on? She doesn't need to get lost in emotions like that.” Luna commented, “I already had to witness that once I don't wish to do so again.”

Chrysalis nodded before wincing at the sound that the roller made in the paint “How did we get suckered into this again?”

Luna laughed, shrugging “Because my sister is a con artist or because we're idiots. Take your pick.”

“How about we agree the Celly is an idiot and finish this up so we can literally do anything else besides getting high on paint fumes. Seriously, if I knew that the windows in here didn't open I would have brought a gas mask.” Chrysalis retorted earning a snort of amusement from the other woman.

"I probably should have warned you...That was a fault on my part."

Author's Note:

I know this chapter is kinda short, the next one will be longer.