• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 4,322 Views, 950 Comments

Little Lost Pikachu - CommanderX5



One month has passed since Twilight and her friends provided Raichu with a home, food, kindness and friendship. Now when more pokemon are summoned into Equestria, it is up to Nica to ensure that Ash Pikachu’s visit will be as memorable.

  • ...
14
 950
 4,322

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.14 - Little Lost Ace - Pt.1

Little Lost Ace

-

Chapter 14
-
Little Lost Pikachu - Part 1


Each region of the Pokemon World has its own special charm. Different legendary creatures roaming across its borders, their power both respected and feared, with a variety of gym leaders, bringing new challenges to arriving trainers determined to prove themselves. A Pokemon league gracing each region, with an Elite Four representing the highest might and strength a place had to offer. Though many would say Alola was one of the most unique.

Four massive islands were sprinkled across rocky waters, forcing trainers to endure rigorous trials on each atoll rather than a traditional gym. The tropical forests were laced with excitement, new pokemon to catch and thrilling encounters. The chain of islands pushed people to their limit, the same with pokemon, giving all living creatures a special quirk, something unknown to other regions. Z-rings held a tight grip on trainers, merely myths to most as only the most elite and worthy were known to possess one.

For ordinary tourists, however, it’s a place to relax amongst the warm breeze, enjoy a variety of tropical foods and swim at the beach with resorts and attractions at their disposal. A must have was the spectrum of flavors that came with Malasada, a famous treat plastered on almost every booth, though only a special few knew how to bring out its true potential.

Two skilled veterans were relaxing on the beach, one having risen above all others and earning the title ‘Pokemon Master,’ while the other had just began to make her legacy. Instead of chasing after adventure, facing trials or adventuring into the wild, they were simply relieving stress with the sun, sand and water as peaceful companions.

Emily was lying comfortably on a padded sunbed, basking in the cool shadow of her umbrella. Her silver hair was tied into a loose braid and thrown across her back, soaking in the sun’s vibrant rays. A retro straw sun hat was placed atop her head, mainly for looks, matching along with a pale blue swimsuit, tightly hugging her body and accentuating hidden curves. Icy blue eyes peeked out from the blinding light, though anyone who was close with her knew that her gaze was filled only with warmth for those she respected and cared for. The powder white purse she always had at her side was tossed into the sand, now partially buried underneath a bronze blanket, six pokeballs resting above. Four were currently empty.

A few meters away lay the daughter of her former boss, Astra, a girl with bright orange hair. Once stashed away in a secluded bunker, now being one of the strongest trainers alive. She had risen from an orphan, stolen away from her parents and continued their mission. A few years later, she was surpassing the skills of her mother and possessing the tactical thinking of her father, something that she was greatly admired for.

Emily raised her head to glance over at the sea, squinting her eyes to search for her partners in crime. Starmie, a large starfish with a huge crimson ruby encrusted on its chest, was surfing the waves alongside a siren-like pokemon, who took a moment to wave his fin at her. She giggled as she watched the male creature flaunt his pearl woven hair, something that he always seemed annoyed with.

It seems Astra’s Starmie and my dear Battleship are enjoying themselves. Even professionals needs to loosen up a little and have fun from time to time, Emily thought as she looked away from Primarina.

She turned to watch the beach, ignoring the numerous tourists and their pokemon as her attention focused in on a large, green beast with a giant flower blooming on his back. Though scary to some, Venusaur was extremely peaceful, kind in almost every aspect. Only when on the battlefield did this gentle giant release his ferocity. A pleasant smile graced his face as an egg-shaped pokemon was taking a nap under the giant flower, hiding in its cool shadow. On top of the flower lay a nine-tailed golden fox, his belly exposed to the sunlight and his forepaws playfully stretched outwards, the massive bulb soaking up any excess light that shone through.

Seeing how the mighty pokemon of her new boss were sunbathing, made such powerful veterans approachable. She could tell participating in activities such as these were making a big difference. Venusaur and Ninetales seem to be enjoying the sunbath, although Blissey not as much... I hope it isn’t too hard for Astra to find some enjoyable hobbies for herself and her team. Sometimes she takes her duties and goals way too seriously… kind of like I did years ago. She sighed, reflecting on the many events that shaped her into who she was now.

Snapping out of her daydreaming, she looked further ahead, now observing a fat pokemon with big flat hands bouncing a beach ball towards a smaller, pink one. While both pokemon stood on two rear legs and had hands, their features stood out from the humans. Her dear Queen Audino despite her smaller size and gentle nature, gave Commando Hariyama a tough challenge, turning a fun game into a competition.

Emily searched for her pokeballs, spotting them resting beside her blanket. She stared specifically at the ones that weren’t empty, still housing pokemon. While her Excadrill and Arcanine, which she named Tank Destroyer and Knight refused any naval activities, maybe they would still play in the sand and enjoy themselves. Scratch that idea… Knight dislikes when sand gets stuck in his fur. His coat is too rich for his own good. She thought back to her seventh pokemon, an Alolan Muk, which she had to keep in reserves since he got a bit too friendly when interacting with tourists and locals.

She looked at the remains of Astra’s pokemon. A Gliscor, Scizor and Lucario, who meditated on the sand while sitting next to one another. Lucario’s rear legs were crossed, followed up by a calm and focused expression on his face. Scizor sat on his knees, remaining as silent as ever while Gliscor balanced himself on his tail with his wings wrapped around his entire body. Whether he was meditating or sleeping was difficult to tell as even his face was well hidden beneath the wings. Either way, she knew the moment something happened, he would be the first to spring up, alert as ever.

Her vision was blocked by a wide, white belly as two silvery-blue eyes looked back at her with a hint of sadness. His gold-like fur was dotted with white patches at the edges of his paws.

“Ace? What’s wrong bud?” Emily asked as she looked at her Alolan Raichu, whose smile was always the brightest whenever they visited the beach. Seeing him somewhat depressed wasn’t easy for her in the slightest. Their short vacation was meant to raise the morale of their team after all, not drop them further. She sighed, already knowing the reason for his grief. As more time passed, it became harder and harder to comfort the lonely Raichu.

Ace’s oversized ears flashed slightly as his voice echoed in her mind. I miss my sis. Any chance Palkia can send us as well? Just for a bit?

Emily shook her head, once again repeating the same answer to the same question.

Bummer… It’s been a month, and I’m starting to miss surfing with her, Ace muttered as his ears drooped. His rear paws balanced on the yellow part of his tail as he hovered in the air.

Emily groaned. Ever since Astra’s partner, Nica, visited her family as a Raichu, she left a big impression, and not long after three young, eager Pichu approached the bunker at the bottom of the mountain, demanding to become part of the team. Seeing their enthusiasm, she allowed one to join her squad while naming him Ace, who quickly brought a ton of energy and life into her professional and serious team. When she thought back to that moment, she couldn’t imagine picking another, having bonded with Ace before she even chose him. There was something about him that spoke to her, and before she knew it, there was an Ace on her team. Even her own serious and determined look melted when facing Ace’s enthusiastic personality.

“I know you miss and worry about her, but I’m sure she’s alright. She’s a master of survival after all. Palkia tasked her with an important mission for a reason and swore to bring her back after two months,” Emily said with an encouraging smile before pointing at the waves dancing on the horizon. “Just have fun on the water. In four weeks she’ll be back and have a new collection of riveting stories to tell us about the exciting adventures she had in this other world.”

Ace forced a smile before spreading his forepaws. In a thrust of speed, he levitated towards the sea while forcing Emily to protect her face from the sand flying into the sky in Ace’s wake. He quickly reached the closest wave, only to summon a much larger one, which created a tunnel for Ace to ride through.

Just as she was about to settle back in her chair, Emily’s eyes became wide upon seeing an odd phenomena as a few sparking portals formed in mid-air. The yelps of panic could be heard on the beach as the rifts started sucking in pokemon with an unfathomable force, the wind alone forcing Emily to cover her face once more.

The moment she lowered her hand, her face became pale at a startling realization. Both Astra’s and her pokemon vanished from sight. Most of their powerful, personal army gone in an instant as only the pokemon inside their pokeballs were spared the experience. She stood up and approached her boss, who now looked at the scene in confusion, masking her mounting despair. With Astra’s partner gone, Emily knew she was secretly grieving, but with Astra's entire team gone, she had no idea how her boss would take the news. “Sir… I mean, Astra… we may have a problem.”

Astra glanced back at her and rolled her eyes. “You don’t say.”

PreviousChapters Next