• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 4,322 Views, 950 Comments

Little Lost Pikachu - CommanderX5



One month has passed since Twilight and her friends provided Raichu with a home, food, kindness and friendship. Now when more pokemon are summoned into Equestria, it is up to Nica to ensure that Ash Pikachu’s visit will be as memorable.

  • ...
14
 950
 4,322

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.11 - A Tiny Problem - Pt.4

Summoning of Chu

-

Chapter 11
-
A Tiny Problem - Part 4


The beast clutched several trees, hooking through the bark with its massive claws before ripping the poor flora’s roots from the soil and threw them at crumbling walls of the castle. The creature’s furious roar echoed throughout the forest, causing a shiver to jolt down Raichu’s spine. Its glare seemed to cut daggers through the fortresses barriers, looking like it wanted nothing more than to decimate the ruins, with him and Nica inside.

Of course, the final foe we encountered just had to be the child of this titanic beast! Raichu stomped his enlarged paw against the stone flooring, gathering his courage for the inevitable fight.

The sun was slowly descending beyond the horizon, hiding its glimmering embrace as the sky became a deep crimson, casting a gloomy glow across the clearing.

Raichu puffed out his chest, suddenly feeling extremely grateful for changing to his final evolution, no matter how late it might have been. As much as he didn’t want to admit it, having the power of a Raichu greatly improved their dwindling odds of survival. At least now they stood a solid chance.

<We need to escape!> Nica shouted, wrapping her tail around Raichu’s curled ears for extra stability. Her tiny paws were clinging for dear life atop his head, the bronze-dipped edges reflecting the dimming sunlight.

<And where will we run? Into the aggressive vines?> Raichu snapped back, feeling the responsibility of keeping them both safe as it pushed down harder and harder on his shoulders. By now it felt like he was carrying the world on his back, except in the form of a miniature companion. He pointed at the numerous shifting vines snaking amongst the trees in distance. The terrain around the castle seemed to be the only ground not yet corrupted by the mysterious plants and wildlife.

<Maybe we can hide?> Nica suggested, her paws trembling. Though terrified, she managed to keep her voice steady, attempting to stay calm in the overwhelming situation.

<And wait for this furious star-bear thing to drop the ceiling on our heads? These ruins here won’t keep us hidden for long, and that beast isn’t going to stop until it finds its target.>

<So what we can do?> Nica asked.

Raichu placed his guardian on a nearby window sill before looking into her tiny, oval eyes. <I’ll distract it while you hide somewhere safe in the castle. Hopefully I can keep him busy until Darkrai fixes the mess he caused.> He poked his white belly, now devoid of most of its previous bruises. <I recovered and regained most of my strength thanks to that nap. Maybe I can even defeat it.>

<I won’t let you fight alone, I’m coming with you!> Nica declared with narrowed eyes and clenched forepaws. She attempted to jump atop his shoulder, but before she could wrap her tail around his it for stability, he grasped her and gently placed her back.

<Out of the question,> Raichu said as Nica stomped, her cheeks puffing out. She turned her back to him and flapped her tail back and forth in aggravation. Sighing, he muttered, <How about this. Try to increase your size while I distract it.>

<Increase my size? Oh right, my self-esteem.> Nica flailed her forepaws in an attempt to regain her balance as the castle itself trembled from the beast’s powerful stomp. It was still storming around outside, trashing the outer layer of the ruins. If they waited too long, the creature would be on top of them, trapping them inside the abandoned castle.

<Remember what I told you before?> Raichu asked, receiving a nod of confirmation in return. <You need to realize how great the things you do are. Stop comparing yourself to me, or Ash or anyone. You are an amazing Raichu, who just needs to find a healthy balance between being proud and being humble. I’m counting on you!> Without waiting for an answer, he launched himself out of a rigid crack in the window, jumping onto a nearby stone statue before dashing towards the ruined tower.

With the ursa major staring directly at him, he held his forepaws together in a pleading gesture and shouted, <I’m really sorry If I hurt your child. We were attempting to escape from the Everfree’s depths. The wildlife has been uncharacteristically aggressive lately, and I was concern for myself and my friend’s life while traveling through. I apologize if I injured one of your kind, but in the end I was just defending myself.> He continued begging, his voice adapting a desperate tone, <I can’t take back what I did, but I really don’t want to fight you, so please, leave us in peace.>

The ursa major lifted its massive paw, pulling back one of its limbs before releasing it in a powerful swing. The beast’s eyes were narrowed, its muzzle pulled back in a frightening snarl. Whatever the creature wanted, it certainly wasn’t peace.

It seems that without my translating collar, negotiations are out of question. Raichu sighed and murmured to himself, <So fighting it is.> He grit his teeth and channeled a large charge of electricity into the base of his tail, lifting the limb into the sky. While chanting his name, lightning gathered, forming a sparking orb that sat comfortably atop his lightning spiked tail. Standing still, he waited, freezing until the bear’s piercing claws came towards him, jumping when the paw became too close for comfort. A loud echo of destruction resinated from behind, and a quick glance back confirmed the statue he sat on was demolished along with the accompanying tower.

With a quick spin, he attacked with ‘Electro Ball,’ striking the gigantic head of the ursa major. Seconds later, a massive boom followed, sending bolts of lightning flying from the detonation point. He landed on the ursa’s arm as the beast roared in pain, stumbling a few steps back.

Raichu clenched his forepaws and bombarded the creature with a flurry of ‘Thunderbolts,’ aiming his attacks at the current burns on beast’s face. Despite a massive size difference between the two foes, his attacks actually managed to cause serious damage, especially when he targeted its previous wounds.

Upon seeing another paw on a collision course with him, he ducked down, falling towards the ground with a graceful spin to stick the landing. Not wasting a moment, he shouted a loud ‘chuuuu’ while attacking the beast’s right ankle with another ‘Thunderbolt.’

Raichu prepared to launch himself higher once more, only to grit his teeth and close his eyes, smooshing himself into the soil. His legs bent from the tremors caused by the ursa major’s paws stampeding across the terrain. Seeing as the massive beast tried to take a step forward, most likely to step on him, he prepped another ‘Electro ball.’ The titanic size of his opponent made each movement slow enough for him to charge an attack uninterrupted.

Good thing those vines haven't reached the castle yet. Dealing with those annoying plants was hard enough when battling manticores and timberwolves. I can only imagine how unstoppable this ursa would be when supported by them. He shuddered, picturing himself constricted by the thorn-embedded vines while being stomped on. I would be finished the moment I lowered my guard! Another sphere of lightning was charged as he jumped, watching the creature’s paws miss its target. With a spin in mid-air, he threw the orb at the ursa’s ankle, striking the same spot he had assaulted with a barrage of ‘Thunderbolts’ just a moments before. The force of his attack caused the beast to drop to one knee, roaring in agony.

He climbed up the collapsed leg of the ursa major while charging power into his tail, running up the monster’s belly with a ‘Quick Attack.’

The beast prepared its clawed paw for a powerful slap, grunting in frustration.

Seeing the move from a mile away, Raichu attacked the creature’s elbow with a combination of ‘Quick Attack’ and ‘Iron Tail.’ With a slight miscalculation, he swung his longer tail a bit too late, bouncing back down atop the beast’s belly. He glanced at his tail and frowned. Oh, right. While it has more range now, it also takes much longer to swing. Mistakes has been made... He shouted in pain from being slapped by the gigantic paw, feeling his back pierce through the wall of the castle. Ugh, I need to pay attention. If I keep losing focus, I’ll lose for sure. He yelped again upon bounding in between a few sets of pony armor. Tumbling farther into the darkened hallway, he crashed into a couple more sets of chainmail before finally rolling to a stop. He fell onto his belly while the floor ended up covered by scattered metal, some pieces finding their way underneath his stomach.

A painful and annoyed ‘chuuu…’ escaped Raichu’s mouth before he pushed himself to his paws, a big bruise now decorating his cheek. He shoved aside a heavy metal hat which was dangling from his ear and draped across his face. He pulled it off, glaring at the head piece, then glanced at his ‘Iron Tail,’ which glowed in the darkened lobby. He muttered, <Nica makes it look so easy.> He narrowed his eyes before running outside, a new determination glinting in his eyes. Now, jumping through the hole in the wall, he blasted back into battle with a ‘Quick Attack.’ He leapt to the side, then straight up, evading a clawed forepaw and sending another ‘Electro Ball’ against the other knee.


Nica observed the raging battle from the oriel, resting atop the window latch. Her ears drooped as she wished for nothing more than to protect her hero, something she was currently unable to do thanks to her pathetic size.

With a surge of determination, she took a deep breath and narrowed her eyes, her forepaws clenched. Pichu… I mean Raichu… I mean Pikachu… yea, Pikachu is right. I need to stop diminishing my own self-worth. She thought back to the numerous compliments from the ponies she saved, back then dismissing their praise. A warm feeling flooded her body, the kind words and grateful messages making her smile with joy. Being in Equestria and helping its residents was, without a doubt, the best experience she has had in years.

She took a deep breath and whispered, <I’ve earned each evolution through multiple struggles and extreme challenges. I’ve worked hard to earn them, never abusing or misusing the powers I’ve received.> Her size increased a little, the slight glow lighting the dimmed room. Psyching herself up, she hopped in place, pumping her strong rear legs along to the chanting of her voice.

<I’ve worked harder than other members of my team to help my trainer achieve her goals, and I’ve always strived to do my best. I’ve trained with other team members and pokemon for hours, encouraging their efforts while helping them improve, even if they were my opponents.> She grew a little again, the shimmer becoming brighter. She leapt atop the candle holders lining the walkway, using her tail to swing herself from arch to arch. Her movements were graceful and controlled as her pep talk increased the accuracy of every movement.

<I’ve trained myself to near-death out of guilt for those I couldn’t save. I’ve rescue lives whenever I could and stopped powerful trainers from abusing the power of pokemon for selfish and evil deeds.> Her size increased to half the size of a Pichu. Her smile radiated within the room, shining brightly as she landed on the padded sofa, balancing on a single paw.

Concentrating, she focused on her lightning, adding more and more to a growing mass in the palm of her forepaws. It had none of the power of an ‘Electro Ball,’ but a small sphere was created, casting a brilliant glow outside of the space. She threw the orb into the air, tossing the ball up and down with the lightning-shaped dagger on her tail.

Nica stomped and shouted with passion, <I’ll admit, I may have failed to accomplish enough considering how much power I have, but I’ve searched for any opportunity to be helpful, no matter the challenge that accompanied it. I did the best I possibly could have. I’m not worthless!> She grew to the size of a Pichu, her surroundings no longer as titanic as before. The globe she launched flew back and forth as it rose towards the roof, shining bright as ever. It stayed there for multiple moments, before slightly quivering and falling to the floor, the radiant light softening.

Nica tapped her forepaws nervously as distress became visible on her face. As much as she wanted to grow more and help the Raichu, her fear started to take advantage of her, the fear of becoming arrogant. She didn’t want to become a snobby Raichu, nor did she want to allow pride get the best of her. The orb dimmed, casting the room in lengthening shadows. Would she really remain humble, hardworking and helpful if she stopped convincing herself of her inferiority? Would she be willing to risk her own life for others if she started to believe that her life is worth more?

She shrank little by the little as an inner battle started waging deeply within her mind, the sphere discarded in the corner flickering violently.


With the monster unable to move, Raichu hiked up its massive belly towards its shoulder, now focusing on offensive plays against the ursa’s head. He shifted from move to move, launching a powerful orb of lightning before casting a ‘Thunderbolt’ seconds later. ‘Quick Attack’ after “Quick Attack’ struck the beast’s nose, the Raichu following up with multiple ‘Iron Tails’ against its eyes. The fight continued as he kept up the pressure, never relenting.

Raichu grabbed the ursa major’s ear and sent a jolt of electricity inside, a trick he learned from watching tiny Nica’s previous attempt to help him. He released the ear and ran onto the ursa’s head before a massive fist could grab him and throw him to the floor. <I must say… I’m surprised…> he panted in between his heavy breaths as a few drops of sweat fell down his face onto the bear’s constellations. He glanced at his larger legs, which had proven to be surprisingly agile despite their bigger size. <I thought becoming a Raichu would slow me down, but my bigger legs make me even faster.>

He looked at his long tail and concentrated. The moment it started to glow with a metallic sheen, he leaped down and slammed it against the ursa’s nose, adding another bruise to the growing collection. He clung onto the nose while the ursa rebutted. The beast kept roaring while losing the will to fight, crumbling before his very eyes. Each ‘Thunderbolt’ broke its resolve strike by strike. I was strong and tough as a Pikachu, but this is on a whole new level. This isn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

<So… will you give up? If you back down… I won’t… need to harm you anymore…>

The ursa major narrowed its eyes, still interested in swatting him like a fly rather than retreating. A new wave of determination seemed to wash over it, strengthening its previously fleeting commitment.

Raichu sighed. <Fine, have it your way...> He jumped up as massive paw smashed into the ursa’s nose instead of him. He attacked with ‘Thunderbolt’ as his electricity surrounded the large creature’s head, replicating an effect similar to ‘Electric Terrain,’ if only visually. He could feel the lightning spark with each step across its skull, spiking damage directly. With another paw speeding towards him, he focused on controlling his ‘Iron Tail,’ taking example of Nica’s innovativity. With a solid swing, he hit the approaching paw’s back, pushing himself towards beast’s muzzle with the recoil of its own attack before hitting it with ‘Iron Tail.’

<I must admit… being a Raichu isn’t half bad,> he said with a satisfied smile, only for his body to glow as an odd sensation overtook him once more.

<Oh no, not again!> He knew this feeling, the shifting of bones and muscles forming new bonds. He closed his eyes, feeling as if his legs became feeble once more, shrinking back inside a smaller base. His head suddenly dragged down towards the floor, weighing a ton more in comparison to the rest of his body. His long and agile tail twisted back into an inky stump, leaving his ‘Iron Tail’ practically useless in this new form, due to lack of range. The moment he opened his eyes and looked at his tiny yellow paws, he stomped and shouted, <Poison Joke!> He groaned, wishing he was blessed with the move ‘Flamethrower. Anything to burn those annoying flowers down to the ground.

Pichu looked at the gigantic eye of ursa major and smiled nervously. His ears perked up at the noise of incoming paws speeding at him from behind. He turned around and jumped, trying to escape, yet when compared to what he was capable as Pikachu or Raichu, his tiny legs provided him with less prowess. While he flew above the first paw, the second one was but seconds away from grabbing him, and ultimately crushing him.

As the gigantic paw flew closer and closer, it was at this moment he knew… he screwed up. He closed his eyes shut and waited for his inevitable demise.

While bracing himself for the painful impact, he opened his eyes in confusion when nothing happened. Paws reached for him and grasped him, but instead of the massive clawed ones, he felt familiar ones hold him closer. He glanced to the side and was greeted by the cheerful face of his guardian. <N-Nica? You’re back to normal?> As he was lowered onto the head of the ursa major, he examined her features. <Actually, you’re Pikachu-sized now, but it’s a lot better than being tiny.>

Nica whimpered. <T-trust me… overcoming my fears and guilt to get to this size wasn’t easy.> She raised her head and looked back with a new confidence shining in her eyes. <What I tried to say was: I’ve trained extremely hard for years and won against opponents way stronger than me. I beat legendaries before even touching a Thunderstone.> She puffed her chest and raised her head proudly. <I may be Pikachu-sized, but it’s enough for me to protect you and defeat our gigantic adversary. You can count on that, no matter what happens.> She lowered her head, her ears drooped and she tapped her forepaws nervously. <I… didn’t go too far, did I?>

Pichu gave an encouraging smile. <I think it was just perfect.> He clenched his paw and cheered, <Let's show this beast who’s boss!>

Nica nodded. <Wait… something seems off. We’ve been talking for a bit, how come that ursa didn’t launch a counter attack?> Her ears perked up a moment later as four blurry shapes became visible, a loud boom ringing from the silhouettes. Upon closer inspection, she made out three Wonderbolts soaring over, with pokemon placed atop their backs. Farther behind, Gliscor drifted several meters back, using the wind to maneuver himself to the battlefield. Her friends were throwing attacks left and right at the large ursa. <Oh… that’s why.>

Umbreon attacked with a devastating <Shadow Ball> from Soarin’s back, hitting the ursa in a burned spot on its nose. Rage powered his assault as the pokemon was furious at the creature for hurting his sister.

Ninetales sent scorching fire against the vines that were stealthily making their way towards the castle, burning them to ash in seconds. Spitfire glanced at him with a smirk, her own mane and tail replicating the fox’s flames.

Finally a Pikachu jumped from Rainbow Dash’s back while clawing the ursa’s squinted eyes with ‘Shadow Claw.’

Another barrage of attacks followed from the airborne pokemon, causing the weakened ursa major to slowly fall on its back, crushing numerous trees while causing a minor earthquake. The pokemon on ursa’s head grabbed its ears for support, their eyes closed and ears drooped as powerful thudding noise echoed through the forest.

With the large foe defeated, the group’s attention focused on the incoming Pikachu.

Wait a second… a Pikachu!? How can it use ‘Shadow Claw?’ He backed away from the invader warily, giving the approaching stranger a distrusting stare.

Nica spread her forepaws in an inviting gesture as the electric mouse leapt from the ursa’s muzzle right into her embrace.

<Nica! Be careful!> Pichu cried as the pokemon landed in Nica’s hold, but stopped in confusion as Pikachu began nuzzling her face with glee.

“You’re safe!” The Pikachu shouted before examining Nica’s features. “You’re… smaller…” He looked at Pichu. “And you’re a Pikachu no longer. What happened?”

Nica rubbed the back of her neck and smiled sheepishly. <It’s a long story. Let’s just say that I faced the weirdest and most exciting adventure ever. Though a bit dangerous. Although, I can ask you the same question. Why do you look like a Pikachu?>

Pichu stood beside Nica, a look of confusion present. <What? You know another Pikachu?> A small tinge of jealousy swirled inside of him, though he had no idea why. He repressed the feeling still. <Uh, but yea. I guess it was a crazy day. If you don’t mind me asking, who are you exactly?>

Nica began to giggle. <Oh, Pichu! This isn’t a Pikachu, this is Mimikyu!>

<Mimikyu!?> He gasped as the imposter gave him a devious smirk.

“It’s true.” He waved his changed tail in the air, twirling around Nica as he displayed his new appearance. A mocha colored collar was wrapped around his neck, though it was quite large. As Gliscor landed next to the ensemble, he put two and two together, realizing ‘Mimikyu’ was wearing the winged pokemon’s neckband.

Pichu walked closer, tapping ‘Mimikyu’s’ nose, observing his normal look from a new perspective. <Hmm… I never realized how adorable I was.>

Mimikyu grunted in annoyance, returning to Nica’s hold. “Did this monster try to hurt you?” He shifted his glare to the downed beast laying below them.

<Well, it wanted to hurt us, but Pichu… who was a Raichu at the time… was the one facing off against it, back when I was extremely tiny. For some reason it was very aggressive, although that might be partly our fault. I believe we attacked its child when we first arrived at these ruins, knocking it out without realizing it was merely a baby.> She paused and cleared her throat. <But in short, the creatures and plants of this forest acted extremely hostile towards us.>

“If that’s the case, can I behead this large creature and keep its head as a trophy?”

Nica gasped as her face became pale. She shook her and head and waved her forepaw in disapproval. <No beheading of any of creatures living here, understand?>

“Awww…”

Pichu poked ‘Mimikyu’s’ shoulder and asked, <Do you think Ninetales would be interested in burning the field of blue flowers that were responsible for putting our lives in danger?> He and the Pikachu began conversing, whispering about the demise of Poison Joke, while pulling an annoyed Ninetales into the conversation.

<Not you too,> Nica muttered with defeat in her voice.

Author's Note:

Sorry for delays in updates. Expanding on this chapter caused more delays than I thought.

I hope this chapter was enjoyable regardless. As always, I am looking forward to your feedback.

PreviousChapters Next