• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 2,726 Views, 238 Comments

Where No Pony Has Gone Before: Supplemental Logs. - FoalsHalf



Additional side treks related to 'Where No Pony Has Gone Before'

  • ...
3
 238
 2,726

Kang's March

A look into the Klingon side of things...

Kang's March

Qo'noS, 2343

Kor, Dahar Master studied his long time comrade, Kang with a mix of annoyance and befuddlement as Kang, as per his usual pattern ever since Kor's appointment to the Imperial Academy's Oversight Board, had come, with Koloth in tow and plucked Kor's candidate list from his hand. Kang would read it without speaking a word and then return it without comment. It was perplexing and a little irritating.

This time was different as Kang paused about a quarter of the way from the top. He seemed to be scrutinizing one name. "This one." He thrust the PADD back at Kor, who took it and stared dismissively at the name.

"Ah! Yes! Martok! A peasant from the Ketha Lowlands. What of him?"

"His family has served the Empire for fifteen generations."

"As common soldiers, Kang. it is clear that young Martok forgets his place."

"I believe this one has great potential. I would sponsor him myself but I would prefer that you do so, my old friend."

"More of your secret information, old friend?" Kor smirked. They all remembered how Kang had arrived at the Battle of Khitomer escorting the Federation Starship Excelsior. Kang had offered no explanation to the High Council but to Kor and Koloth, he had confided that information of Chang's treachery had come from the same source as the information which had helped them track down the Albino with help from Kruge.

"Indeed. Fate has marked Martok for great things, my friend. It would be wise to travel with the river than against it. BUT do mind young Martok that he had better prove worthy of your confidence."

"THAT I can do."

"I thought you might."

"Is he really that good?"

"Do you know Linkasa?"

"Of course! His is a great noble line!"

"Young Martok is destined to conquer the heart of Linkasa's daughter Sirella."

"Sirella? Well then! Who am I to stand in the way of any young man who can manage that!" Kor laughed, raising a cup of blood wine. "Now tell me..." He said then took a drink, savoring it. "What does the Fleet Design Bureau have up its sleeve next? I see you've ordered every D-12 pulled from the fleet."

"Indeed. Defective plasma coils. I believe the last ship off the line is in service to the House of Duras."

"A House full of schemers," Koloth spat in disdain."

"On that, we certainly agree," Kor replied. "I wonder if their blood is a bit thin?"

"Perhaps," Kang noted. "But it will be the duty of others to end their line. At any rate, We'll be adding more Vorchas to the fleet. Kellet's triumph is a masterpiece but requires much in the way of manpower. There's nothing to be done for it. The Imperial Fleet takes precedence over the House fleets."

"So... Another blow is struck against the feudal fleets."

"Indeed. The safety of the Empire is much more important than the glory of a single House."

"Quite."