• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 571 Views, 11 Comments

Luna's Shattered Mind - Ashen Heart



Luna fighting the Nightmare

  • ...
 11
 571

The Fight for Control

Walking the endless expanse of the moon, I slowly take note of the hoofprints that still lingered on the surface. The millions of hoofprints from my own hooves. I can’t even begin to count the times I’ve walked this frozen expanse. Looking over at Equis I can see the fluffy clouds floating in its atmosphere the many continents that line the planet. One of which is my home. How I long to be back there, with my sister, my friends, my citizens. Sighing I look away and continue to walk silently through the crater. All I can do is think. No pony is here with me in my prisonment. Just me, myself, and the Nightmare. I try to fight her, I try and hold her back, but here where there is nothing to do, no pony to distract me, she stays looming just behind my shoulder. Everytime I turn around she disappears from my sight. I can never seem to catch her eyes. Not that I need to see them to remember the way they looked. The cold slitted eyes that cared for no one, that would murder anypony in their way. The eyes of someone who only cared about her own vanity.

“Ouch!” Looking down I noticed that I had fallen into one of the craters. I need to start paying attention more. This isn’t Equis where I can walk around without falling left and right. No this is definitely not Equis, with the freezing cold nothingness that expands in front of me. The slowly shifting stars that moved slowly around Equis. Celestia was never able to control the stars, and now with me trapped on the moon with no power of my own, they tended to move as they pleased. With nothing else to do, I get up and start walking again. It was the only thing to pass the centuries. Already I’ve been here for 687 years, constantly fighting with the Nightmare. After Celestia had banished me here the Nightmare was locked away in my conscience again. Even with her being locked up in there though, she still tries to dominate me again. Over and over I fight her, struggling to keep my sanity about me. I can feel every piece that fades away. She’s winning and she knows it. It won’t be long until she’s walking the moon waiting for the stars to line up and send her back to Equis.

I wish I could fight her. I wish I could go home as me and see my sister again. I wonder how she’s been, what she’s had to deal with for the last 687 years. I wonder if she will be able to free me from this Nightmare when I return, and if she could ever forgive me for the sins I’ve committed. She’s here again, listening in on my thoughts. She’s pushing, pushing so hard to get me out of the way. I won’t let her! I refuse to let her win this fight! I want to see my sister again! I want to go home and be welcomed in open arms, no way is she going to stop me from that!

BOW DOWN LUNA! YOU WON’T LAST MUCH LONGER! I CAN FEEL YOU CAVING ALREADY! YOU WILL BE MINE!
NO! THIS IS MY BODY! THIS IS MY LIFE I WANT TO LIVE! I REFUSE TO GO DOWN NOW!
IF YOU WILL NOT BOW ON YOUR OWN I WILL MAKE YOU BOW!

Suddenly Luna is knocked down to her hooves by a strong psionic blast.

BOW FOR ME LUNA! FOR YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED IN THIS! I WILL WIN AND I WILL RETURN TO EQUIS! THE NIGHT WILL LAST FOREVER!
NO!
Getting up Luna stands her ground blasting the Nightmare with a psionic blast of her own pushing the Nightmare back. That should quiet her for a little bit, but I can’t last much longer. Already I grow weaker and she knows that. She’s going to win, but I will still go down fighting. The longer I stay Luna the less she can break me down. I want to be able to be freed from this Nightmare, and the only way I can is if there is still a piece of me here. If I let her take over then I will never be able to see Tia or Equis again. I want to go home, back to my sister, back to my friends. I did not want this Nightmare, she came to me. I had a loving home, a loving sister, and my friends. I had people who cared about me, but the Nightmare.. She changed that. When she came for me I didn’t know what it was. I intended to study her, to see what she wanted and if I could make friends with this being. Too naive to know what that meant for me. While I thought I was in control, that I was studying her, but I was wrong. Before I knew what happened she took over. I was trapped in a cage, locked up like an animal. She controlled my every movement like I was nothing more than a puppet. I could see everything, but could do nothing, as she murdered so many ponies. I could do nothing bout shout out for help, trying to call out for my sister to help me. Alas she never did, now I’m trapped. Here on the moon with nothing more than the stars and Nightmare.

LUNA YOU WILL BE MINE! I HAVE TAKEN EVERYTHING FROM YOU THERE IS NOTHING LEFT FOR YOU! YOUR SISTER HATES YOU, YOUR FRIENDS ARE LONG GONE, EQUIS WILL BE MINE!

With one more psionic blast from the Nightmare, Luna’s mindscape shattered like glass. She was broken, left at the mercy of the Nightmare. Luna’s last thought only being that of her sister, wishing she was here to help her.

HAHAHAHA! I HAVE FINALLY BROKEN FREE! I’M FINALLY IN CONTROL! I WILL KILL CELESTIA AND EQUIS WILL BE MINE! HAHAHAHA!” Nightmare screamed into the empty expanse of space.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Not having any writers block so I'm pumping out stories for you all to read! And I know so far my only stories have been of Luna but I plan to have other stories too. Anyways just a little one shot for you guys to maybe get a look into Luna's mind while she was imprisoned. Hope you all enjoyed please comment below what you think!

Comments ( 11 )

Oooh. 😃 Kinda reminds me of Venom, Idk why XD

9086581
Ooo didn't think of it like tht

9087115
Idk why though, maybe it's just me XD

9087362
I mean, Nightmare Moon controls Luna like Symbiote controls Eddie Brock, but they become one evil character specifically. It's very noticeable, and this story of yours reflects that pretty good. 😄

9087552
Thanks yea I didn't even think of it like that but it does work tht way

9087744
You're welcome, and there's other things I can compare Luna and Nightmare Moon to. Voldemort and Tom Riddle, Anakin and Darth Vader ( kinda ), all of them have the same dark outcome as Luna has if you think about it. 😃😊

9088423
But yeah, your story is pretty good. 😊

In mine, Luna's grandson becomes Nightmare Moon's successor. XD

9091766
Yep. ^^

And you're welcome. :)

Login or register to comment