• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 5,219 Views, 102 Comments

The Love of a Mother - Ashen Heart

  • ...
5
 102
 5,219

Chamber of Truth

With a bright flash and a pop, Nightmare Moon and Twilight were teleported to a cave. Looking over, Nightmare Moon saw Twilight was knocked out. Inside she was fighting with herself wondering if it was true and how. Walking around Twilight, she started inspecting her. She has the same lavender coat and the same purple and pink streak through her navy blue hair. But she was just a unicorn, no wings to speak of. Of course, if Tia did show her mercy then she wouldn’t have left her an alicorn. There would be too many questions, not to mention the assassination attempts would be countless. No she would have repressed it. She would've tried to hide her in plain sight. But still that doesn’t explain the age. She would’ve noticed the slow age progression of an alicorn. Nightmare Moon thought. Slowly Twilight Sparkle’s eyes start to flutter and blink open. Holding her head she sat up on her haunches looking around.

“Wha-Where am I?” Twilight asks, shaking her head to clear it of the fog. Looking around she sees multiple formation of stalactites above her. Some of the water from one of the stalactites dripped in her eye causing her to blink furiously trying to get it out. After the droplet drains out of her eye, she looks to her side seeing a clump of rocks nearby. The rocks seemed to be laced with some sort of mineral but couldn’t identify them. Odd, I thought I knew most of the minerals that form in caves. I might have to go back and review the names, thought Twilight as she started to sit up. Looking over her shoulder, she sees Nightmare Moon standing there. Startled, Twilight jumps into an attack position, ready to pounce at a moments notice.

“Where are we? What are we doing here?” Twilight demanded to know. Instead she just kept walking around Twilight. After making her way back to her face, Nightmare Moon looked straight into Twilight’s eyes asking, “is it really you?”

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked getting more frustrated.

“You are in the Chamber of Truth,” Nightmare Moon stated simply.

“What is the Chamber of Truth?” Twilight asked, glaring at Nightmare Moon for being Miss. Obvious.

“It is merely a series of caves. Granted they have a special leyline that goes through it, causing certain anomalies to happen, but it doesn’t have anything else special about it.” Nightmare Moon explained.

“So why bring me here?” Twilight asked.

“It’s a quiet space where, ironically, I can find out the truth,” Nightmare Moon stated.

“What do you mean the tru-” Twilight started to ask, but got cut off. Nightmare Moon’s horn flashed and just like that Twilight was out again. This time, however, Nightmare Moon’s horn stayed alight while a thin white string snaked its way from her horn to Twilight’s head.

Blinking her eyes, Nightmare Moon’s vision slowly came to. In front of her stood a long hallway with doors lining both sides. Curious, Nightmare Moon started opened the first door on her left. Blinding white light meets Nightmare Moon’s eyes. For the first few moments she couldn’t see anything besides white lights. After about a minute though, objects finally started to come into focus. Looking around she saw what looked like a whole lot of cradles slowly being rocked by batteries. Above her there’s a mobile slowly spinning around in a circle. What am I doing here? Nightmare Moon wondered. Looking down at herself she was covered in lavender fur with a navy blue mane. Am I-am I, Twilight?. A grey mare with purple and white hair peered over the top of the cradle. Carefully, the mare picked up Nightmare Moon in the form of Twilight as a foal.

“Alright little Twilight, it’s time to go home.” the mare said, smiling brightly down at the filly Twilight. Twilight gurgled happily raising her hooves out towards the mare. The mare put Twilight on her back and nuzzled her gently, carrying her out of the building into the sunshine. After a bit of walking they came to a huge house and opening the door the mare said, “welcome to your new home Twilight.”

The bright white light blinded Nightmare Moon again and she was transported back to the hallway full of doors. So I assume the spell worked. That did seem to be her memory. Now just to find the memory I’m looking for. Nightmare Moon thought to herself as she looked at the many doors in front of her.

Opening the next couple doors didn’t reveal anything of interest for Nightmare Moon. Simple memories that many foals have, such as, filly Twilight learning to walk, Twilight reading her very first book, first day of magic kindergarten, and many more memories that fill any ponies mind. The memories appeared to be going in chronological order. So if the memories are only going up from here I’ll have to go the other way to get back. Turning around, Nightmare Moon started walking back in the memories. Soon the doors disappeared and she was left alone in the white empty hallway. Maybe I was wrong, but I wouldn’t think that it would still keep going. It should just drop off theoretically. Deciding to continue onwards Nightmare Moon walked for what felt like hours until finally seeing a door that was completely pad locked up. Odd using her magic she tried to unlock the chain but it wouldn’t budge.

After another 10 minutes of trying Nightmare Moon sat down trying to think. While she was thinking she started to hum a familiar tune. One she hadn’t sung in a thousand years. The locks started to hum loudly and shake violently. Finally, they came undone and the door opened with a loud squeaking noise. Smiling Nightmare Moon got up and walked through the door.

Author's Note:

Alright you guys, got another chapter uploaded. Thank you so much for the patience and the boom in my story I do hope you guys are enjoying it so far. I know that so far there's a lot left unexplained like how is Twilight here if Tia never knew about her, but that's a part of the story. I know its 3rd person omniscient, but this is mainly through the eyes of Nightmare Moon and she doesn't know yet how Twilight is there. Patience you guys and everything will be explained. This is a story after all that is being added to so not everything's going to be explained right away. After all as discord would say "Where's the fun in that?" So please keep reading get wrapped up in the story and you will get all the answers as we go along with Nightmare Moon