• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 15,307 Views, 314 Comments

Failure of Friendship - snq144



Winter, 2014. A MyStable user calling themselves Anon-A-Miss has decided to start spreading rumours and secrets of the various members of Canterlot High School. Everyone except Sunset Shimmer, that is.

  • ...
32
 314
 15,307

Chapter 4: So This is Christmas

“Merry Christmas!” came an extremely excited and bombastically boisterous cry as the door to Sunset’s room flew open.

Sunset responded by giving a terrified shriek, flying out of her bed and crashing to the floor in a mess of bedding, clothes, and limbs, landing with a room shaking thud as Sonata flew into the room, somehow landing on her bed in a single, impossibly fluid motion.

“What are you doing on the ground, you big silly?” a smile wide enough to put the Cheshire Cat to shame spread across the blue girl’s face as she loomed over the still flailing form of Sunset as she struggled to free herself of her unintentional prison.

“Maybe if you weren’t trying to send me to an early grave!” she snapped in annoyance as she managed to tear off the bedding that had been impeding her as Adagio and Aria slowly entered the now open room as well, chuckling and chortling as they observed Sunset’s glare start to melt away.

“It’s your fault for trying to sleep in, dear.” Adagio said as she stood at the foot of the bed, a smile coming to her face. Sunset’s gaze slowly passed over her three friends, alertness finally starting to take control as she noticed that all three currently wore nothing but provocative nightgowns, and a Santa hat in the case of Sonata.

The amber skinned girl gave a large smirk as she slowly started to stand up, gathering her now removed bedding before dropping it on the bed beside Sonata. “I’m sorry that I didn’t take the three of you as individuals who celebrated the holidays.” she said as she straightened her oversized t shirt.

“Only Sonata does.” Aria grumbled as usual, crossing her arms as she stared at the bubbly Siren who was busy bouncing on Sunset’s bed. “I never understood religion.”

“Why wouldn’t I love this time of year!?” she exclaimed as she gave one last bounce on Sunset’s bed, launching herself from it and coming to land in front of the bed’s owner. “All the food! All the treats! It’s one of the few things that’s actually aged well in this world!”

Sunset shook her head, unable to stop herself from giggling along with Sonata, the girl prancing around in giddiness. “Alright, alright. Merry Christmas you three, now can I go back to bed?”

“Oh? You don’t want to open your presents?” Adagio asked, an obviously faked look of shock spreading over her face as she brought a hand up to rest on her chest.

(V):.:(V)

“Achtung!” the small gathering of Wondercolts looked up in exhaustion at the figure now walking slowly out of the kitchen, a large tray of treats innumerable bound firmly in her arms. “You all have seven minutes and thirty two seconds to wake up before we start the presents.”

Pinkie’s tone lacked all of the energy, enthusiasm and excitement that it had when she had first suggested the Christmas party that they now all attended. The Rainbooms and their younger sisters, both actual and honourary, sat in the middle of the living room of Rarity’s house, the sun outside having just barely starting to rise. The girl’s parents were away, having left on a private holiday at the start of the month, leaving their two daughters in charge of the family’s house.

“Yaaaay…” Rainbow droned, her voice and empty void that matched the emotional state of her fellow band members. None of them had slept to well the previous night, their minds still playing over what the night could have been if they had been true to Sunset.

“Oh come on, Rainbow! Don’t be like that!’ Scootaloo chimed in, a hint of annoyance playing at the edge of her voice as she tried to playfully roughhouse with her idol. “It’s Christmas! Time for family, and presents!”

“And friends, squirt…” the older teen replied as she weakly swatted away one of Scootaloo’s hand.

“You’re not still acting all doom and gloom about Anon-A-Miss, are you?” Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle groaned internally as they squeezed their eyes shut. It may have been Apple Bloom that had originally started Anon-A-Miss, and Sweetie Belle who landed the most important blow against Sunset, but it had been Scootaloo that had wanted to keep going further, striking out against anyone that she had deemed that wronged her. “Protecting the school.” she would say in an attempt to justify her previous actions.

“Sunset isn’t Anon-A-Miss, Scootaloo. We already told you that.” there was a small bit of tension in the athlete’s words as her eyes narrowed. “So just drop it, okay? You wouldn’t understand.”

Scootaloo gave a childish “Harumph!” as she sat down, crossing her arms and shaking her head, allowing Apple Bloom to look up at her sister, a slightly concerned look on her young face.

“Sis?”

“Yes, Bloom?” AJ responded, eyes slowly glancing over at her younger sibling.

“Do you… I mean, the account was deleted the day after Sunset left, right? Surely-”

“Bloom, please…” the blonde haired teen’s eyes squeezed shut, Apple Bloom searing she could see a tear trying to force its way out of the corner of her sister’s eye. “Let’s just forget about that for now, okay?”

Sweetie Belle shuffled over beside her sister, Rarity’s eyes puffy and red, with not a trace of makeup to be seen on the girl’s face as she sat there in silence, looking down at her hands. “Where do you think Mom and Dad are right now?” she asked softly, resting a hand on her sister's forearm.

“Probably up high in a plane, enjoying the view and their time together.” a melancholic smile spread over the delicate features of the fashionista as she rested a hand on her sister’s. “I just wish I could be doing the same.”

Sweetie Belle felt her stomach start to boil as guilt washed through her, the sight of her sister’s eyes, so vacant of… anything, causing her heart to clench as she looked away in shame.

“We may as well gather around, I guess…” Pinkie Pie said, though not to anyone in particular. Everyone slowly shifted towards the towering tree that had been decorated by them during the start of the Anon-A-Miss event, the memories of how much they reviled Sunset as they did so burning the Rainbooms as they struggled to look at the regal pine.

(V):..:(V)

“What… The… Hell…?” Sunset paused as she reached the bottom of the stairs, the entire living room taken up by the single largest pine tree Sunset had ever observed! It stretched all the way up to the ceiling of the room, nearly two stories up, and was laced with tinsel and baubles. It glittered in the low light of the early sunrise, almost threatening to blind the Equestrian with its magnificence.

“You better like it.” Aria complained as she sidestepped out from behind Sunset, her arms crossing across her chest as Adagio started to titter gaily.

“When did this- How did- What?”

“Aria and Sonata put that up last night after you went to bed.” explained Adagio with a mirthful wink, a sly smile spreading on her face as she looked over at the purple Siren. “Then Sonata and I decorated it.”

“But where did you get it from? And how didn’t I hear you setting it up!?” Sunset looked around at the trio in utter bafflement.

“Well you diiid kinda break Aria’s drinking record for how much-”

“I’m gonna claim that back! Just you wait!” Aria interjected, silencing Sonata as her annoyance at the tree was dwarfed by just how sore she still was from the previous night’s drinking contest.

“As if, bitch!” laughed Sunset, resting her hands on her hips as she leaned back in time with her giggles. “The Earth Ponies back home would call what you served me tap water, and I usually drank them under the tables!”

Aria returned to grumbling as Sonata was finally released by Adagio, the blue girl bounding across to Sunset, before taking her by the hand and whisking her over to the tree. Standing at the foot of it and looking up, Sunset guessed the tree was easily thirty feet tall, the branches sagging under the weight of their decorations.

“Holy shit…” she said under her breath as she felt Sonata slowly push her down onto the ground, the unicorn simply following the given instructions as she pondered the goliath towering over her.

“Okay! Time for presents!” Sonata exclaimed gleefully, clapping her hands ecstatically as she skipped over to the tree.

“Wait- Presents?” Sunset felt her stomach drop as Sonata pulled back a branch and a collection of boxes beyond counting threatening to blind her with how sparkly the wrapping paper was.

The blue Siren’s head bobbed up and down rapidly as she started shifting presents out from under the tree, one at a time. “Mhm! Usually it’s just me getting my sisters something cute or silly that I saw that reminded me of them, but this year I have a new friend to buy for!”

“W-Wait! But I didn’t get you three anything! I mean, I’m freeloading here!” Sunset objected, looking around at the other two Sirens in distress.

“Like we care, we’re fucking loaded, idiot.” Aria snarked, a smug look passing over her face as Sunset looked over towards Adagio, who simply shrugged in disinterest. Sunset didn’t get a chance to say anything further, as suddenly a massive box landed in front of her with a large thud.

“Here we go! You can start with this one!” Sonata practically shouted, her smile approaching insanity levels of happiness. “It’s from the three of us!”

Sunset paused for a second, before relenting and emitting a soft sigh, and a loud fit of chuckles as she started to unwrap the huge box. “Alright, alright. It would be rude of me to reject gifts.”

Slowly, with delicate precision, Sunset unwrapped the box, starting with the massive collection of ribbons wrapped up like bows around it. Aria obviously disagreed with how slowly she was unwrapping the box as she voice her grievances loudly, Sunset getting slower and slower the more Aria complained, a smile building on her face.

“OH FOR FUCKS SAKE! JUST TEAR THE WRAPPING PAPER OFF ALREADY!” she yelled as she stomped over to Sunset’s side, tearing the paper off in great droves as laughter erupted from the other three Equestrians. Eventually, a plain, generic looking cardboard box stood before Sunset, the top flaps lifting up as Aria stepped back grumbling.

“Okay, so I guess I’m just gonna wait for it to open itself now.” she said, glancing up at Aria who suddenly wore a look of pure, unreserved desire to murder the sitting girl, who waved her hands, laughing again. “Okay, okay, I’m joking. Lemme just get the tape off here, and-”

A silent “Pop!” filled the air as the seal broke, air rushing in and out of the box as the flaps flew open and a single, triangular piece of fabric clad something stood out of the box. It was ridged almost, judging by the way the firm band ran around it, spiraling. Sunset tilted her head as she looked around at the room, unsure of what to do.

“Pick it up! Pick it up, pickitup pickitupickituppicketup!” Sonata started to hyperventilate as she rocked back and forth, her excitement having tripled as she watched Sunset start to lean forward, before pausing and reaching into the box.

It was plush, a delicate, yet durable feeling fabric lining whatever it was as she ran her hand along it. Thankfully it was inanimate as her hands reached a different kind of fabric that seemed to wrap itself around her hand. She gave a confused look before getting on her knees and peering into the box. She froze when she finally saw what was in the box.

“Oooooooh! I think she likes it!” Sonata giggled as she watched Sunset start to shake as she stared at the content in the box. “Go on, take it out!”

Sunset’s mouth was wide, her one good eye shaking in its socket as she reached into the box and pulled out it’s content. Her heart was beating out of control, her lungs burned with the need for fresh oxygen as she continued to hold her breath, her mind going wild and unsure of what to focus on. She stumbled back onto her rear, hands wrapped protectively around the life sized teddy bear.

The life sized replica of herself from back in Equestria. A life sized amber unicorn, with a flowing mane of crimson and gold, its aquamarine orbs glinting as it seemed to look back at her as Sunset’s gaze passed slowly over its plush body, resting on the mark sitting delicately emblazoned on its flanks.

A dual toned sun of red and yellow, just like its hair. Her hair.

Sunset remained silent with shock as she looked around at the three Sirens, her maw gaping as her body quaked. Sure, the mane style was slightly wrong, but that didn’t matter! This was unbelievable, to say the least!

“When did you buy this…?” she asked upon finally finding her voice again.

“Oh, don’t you worry about that.” Adagio chuckled as she waved a hand dismissively. “I hope everything is right? We judged your tramp stamp by that shirt and journal of yours, and you mentioned, somewhat, that you were a unicorn.”

“Yeah, no, this is amazing! I mean, yeah, the mane style is slightly off, but why should I care! This is the best thing I’ve ever gotten in this world! Thank you three so much!” Sunset couldn’t stop the stream of tears that now ran down her cheek, her smile beaming brighter than any even Sonata was capable of, as she firmly held onto herself in stuffy form, watching as Sonata reached back under the tree.

(V):...:(V)

“Heh… Make sure to thank Granny Smith as well the next time you see her.” Applejack said with an exhausted smile. “If it wasn’t for her, it’d be only a quarter of a quilt.”

Everyone gave a half hearted chuckle as Rarity pulled the last bit of the quilt out of the tall box that sat in front of her. Pinkie had produced a dish with pieces of paper in it, and on those sheets was a number. Once each person had drawn a number, she produced a sheet of paper, with all the numbers put in an order, each number matched with each of the others, as well as itself for when the younger children interacted with their sibling or idol.

“I love it, d… Applejack, thank you.” everyone's face fell as Rarity’s voice trailed off before she changed her choice of words, Pinkie Pie reaching over and scratching out the next number before reading out the next pairing.

“Four for Two. Come on now, schnell schnell!”

(V):....:(V)

“Oh, the new edition of The Case to Answer! Thank you, Sonata!” Adagio smiled warmly as she removed the wrapping off of the book she now grasped.

“Is that about that Ripper guy?” Sunset asked, resting her chin on the top of her plushy self’s head.

“Ah, yet another subject regarding us.” Adagio gave an overwhelmingly dark chuckle as she crossed her legs, a dark pall washing over the room. “Sadly we can get a little… forceful in our need to satiate our hungers.”

“Turns out forcefully taking negative emotions from Humans causes them to rupture, sort of like tomatoes in a microwave.” Aria stuck her tongue out in disgust, shaking her head awkwardly. “Disgusting.”

Sunset remained silent, shocked at what she had just heard. “I just… Wow… I'm glad that it didn't happen here. I mean, could you imagine how much peril Canterlot would be in?”

“We only did that once, don’t you worry.” Sonata beamed happily, as if confirming guilt for murder was something one waved a hand at. Like she just did. “Next present!”

(V):.....:(V)

“Oh man, new knee pads! Thanks, Rainbow!” Scootaloo beamed as she held the safety equipment out towards her idol, the girl giving a meager shrug as she watched the girl start to pull them on.

“Your old ones were looking rather ratty.” the rainbow haired teen said as Pinkie scratched another pairing off of the list. Everyone save for Scootaloo had remained quiet all morning so far, no one really sharing looks with one another, even as they shared their gifts.

“Does anybody else hear that…?” came the quiet voice of Fluttershy, the group looking at her in slight confusion until they too heard the unmistakable sound of Sirens start to fill the air. “Oh, I do hope nobody is hurt…”

(V):......:(V)

“Huh…?” Sunset gave a confused jolt as she felt her phone start to buzz in the hip pocket of her pajama bottoms. “Who’s…?”

“What’s up, Shimmer?” Aria asked, tilting her head as she watched the girl’s brow furrow while studying her phone.

“The… Fire Department?” she shook her head and shrugged her shoulders as she brought her phone up to her ear, answering the call. “Hello?”

“Yes, hello, this is Fire Chief Blazing Chimney. Is this… Sunset… Shimmer?” the older sounding male on the other end asked, the sound of papers shifting around him. He was obviously reading her name off of something.

“Yes, it is. What’s up?”

“I’m calling to inform you that the apartment you have been staying in has collapsed.” the man said slowly, sounding apologetic. “It happened just a little bit ago.”

“Oh, uh… Wow.” Sunset was both surprised, and not surprised that the building had finally collapsed on itself, given its rapidly deteriorating condition. “Uh, well I’m with friends, I’ve been staying with them for a few days now because of how bad the state of it had gotten there. I was told to get my things out before the end of the month.”

“Sadly, I don’t think that will be happening. You see, it also started on fire.” the man’s tone was blunt.

“Oh.” Sunset was unsure if this was now a prank call or not. “Uh, okay?”

“We have a crew on its way to put out the fire, but at this point I’d say the belongings you had in there are probably gone.”

“Okay. Well, uh… I guess keep me posted?”

(V):.......:(V)

“Why are you checking your phone, Bloom?” Applejack asked as she peered over at her little sister, whose eyes were glued on her device’s glowing screen.

“Babs just posted a comment and tagged me on MyStable.” the girl responded, holding out the phone towards her older sibling. “Apparently while they were out delivering something to Goldie Delicious, a building collapsed near them, and then burst into flames!”

“Oh dear! Is there anybody hurt?” Rarity asked, her face falling in concern as everybody started to crowd around the phone.

“Wait, Goldie Delicious?” Applejack asked, a dark thought slowly gnawing into the back of her mind. “But she lives in the Old District?”

“Old District?” Sweetie Belle asked as she watched Applejack’s look start to spread to the other members of the Rainbooms.

“Bloom, message her and ask her if she has an address for the building that collapsed! O-O-Or a description!” Apple Bloom didn’t even wait for Applejack to finish her rapid speaking, a worried look on her face as she opened up her messaging app and started tapping away.

(V):........:(V)

The quartet of Equestrians had returned to their merry laughter and opening of gifts after Sunset explained what had happened.

“Serves that place right.” Aria had snarked when the news had been broken, only to receive a present to the face; which later was opened to reveal a new set of wrenches.

“At least everything important had been taken out already.” Sunset said once her laughter had died down.

At the moment, Adagio was receiving a small envelope from Sonata, the last of the gifts that had been under the tree. Sunset almost didn’t see it as she finished opening her perceived last present, a set of silken lingerie, almost matching what the Sirens were currently wearing.

“Nothing beats silk, if ya ask me.” Aria smirked from across the room. “I mean, it was hard finding something in your size, so it may be a little tight.”

“I noticed it specifically shows off my arms.” Sunset commented as she held the piece up, her current black shirt hinting through the light fabric as Aria gave a not so innocent whistle, causing Sunset to start giggling as she carefully folded it and the rest of its set onto the pile of clothes beside her.

She had an somewhat of a selection of clothes again, thanks to the Sirens. Of course, almost all of it was meant to be appealing to look at, though Sunset didn’t mind. She was proud of her appearance, both in this world and back in Equestria, and while the old her loved just how people reacted around her whenever she bent over or wore a low cut top, the current her still enjoyed showcasing herself. Aria even got the theme of the clothes right, fitting her almost rocker like theme that she had built up for herself.

“Sunset, dear. You still have one present left…” came the sultry purr of Adagio, Sunset suddenly focussing entirely on the lead Siren. The world itself seemed to as well, it was as if a spotlight was being shone directly on her as everything else was dimmed out. “A very special one…”

“U-Uhmmm…” Sunset gulped, a cold sweat starting to build on her forehead at the sight of Adagio slowly making her way towards her, hips swaying hypnotically with each and every step. “W-What is it?”

“You have to open it first…” the ancient being teased as she knelt down in front of Sunset, her hot breath passing over Sunset’s face, an impossibly sweet scent filling her nostrils.

“Where is it then?” she asked shakily, looking around for the present. Seriously, how was she supposed to act here!?

Adagio didn’t respond verbally, instead, the small tip of an envelope peaked its way out of the middle of her cleavage. Sunset stared at it blankly as she felt everything shut down then slowly start to reboot. She pointed a shaky finger at the small red piece of paper, a chorus of giggles erupting from Sonata and Aria as they watched the spectacle unfold in front of them as Adagio gave a slow nod.

Sunset gave an even more audible gulp as she slowly reached forward. Normally she wouldn’t be this awkward in such a situation, she’d been in situations like this before; and it wasn’t like she wasn’t used to her same gender coming onto her. She was from Equestria, after all; Mares outnumbered Stallions four or five to one. But this, what Adagio right now was doing? This was thousands of years of experience showing itself.

She reached forward slowly, her long fingers squeezing the envelop tip between them and slowly starting to pull, easing it out from the girl’s generous cleavage.

“Ahn!”

Sunset froze as a pleased moan escaped from Adagio’s plush looking lips, even more rambunctious laughter exploding from the other two Sirens as her face turned to a cherry red colour. She didn’t waste another moment, quickly pulling the card out, but not too quickly as to potentially give the yellow girl a papercut.

“Awww, over so soon?” Adagio gave almost Sonata worthy puppy dog eyes as she gazed up at Sunset in sorrow, the girl’s heart threatening to rip itself from her chest.

“D-Damnit, Adagio! I said I wasn’t gonna be your guys’ sex slave!” she sputtered, earning a laugh from the Siren leader.

“Oh, Sunset, you are much too fun to tease…”

“Only cause I don’t know how I should be reacting right now!” Sunset shot back, fingers digging into the envelope. “Now what’s in here, huh?”

“Open it and find out.” a slow smile built on the face of Adagio as she gave a small wink of her eye, watching as Sunset slowly unsealed the envelope and fished out its content.

“Oh, thank god…” she sighed in relief when she saw what it was, holding it out towards them. “It’s just a gift card for the mall… Here I was dreading that it was gonna be a card good for one booty call from the three of you!”

Small smiles built on the faces of the Sirens as they stared at Sunset, but not one of them responded verbally, not even Aria. Sunset’s brow furrowed in confusion as she looked at the three Equestrians in turn, the same look shared across each of their faces. The cold sweat from before had started to return.

“W-What’s with those looks?” she asked, worry starting to gnaw at her mind as the smiles only widened. Sunset didn’t think she had seen Aria smile that widely before. “W-What? Would one of you like to explain what is happening right now?”

No answer yet.

She paused and looked around. No, nothing super out of the ordinary. What were the Siren’s playing at right now? She looked back to them, giving a loud shriek of surprise and terror as suddenly all three were kneeling in front of her.

“God damnit, you three! Don’t just jump in front of someone like that!” she chastised, trying her best to level her breathing and calm her heart.

Next she looked at her presents. Same thing, nothing. This time she slooowly turned back towards where the Sirens had been kneeling. All three were still there, smiling devilishly at her. Taunting her.

“Please, someone tell me what you want!” Sunset whined, tired of whatever hazing ritual she was currently undergoing. What other answer was there?

Still.

No.

Answer.

Her hand slowly rose up to her face, delicately rubbing at the bridge of her nose, trying to decipher what was happening. Wait…

She removed the hand from in front her face, slowly bringing the gift card back into view, the Siren’s smiles once more growing wider as they watched Sunset start to study the card. Her face fell, and she looked at them from around the card.

“There’s one other thing we enjoy, Sunset…” the lead hunter said to her pray, the teeth of the three Sirens appearing to take on a sharp edge as Sunset fell back.

“Fashion!” Sonata suddenly blurted out, causing Aria and Adagio to groan loudly in anger as all the mood and the tension in the air ruptured and vanished. “Er, was I-”

“Of fucking course you were supposed to remain quiet, Sonata!” Aria yelled as she dive bombed her sister, toppling her over onto her back as her thick fingers started to pull apart Sonata’s flailing lips.

“I swear, we can’t have nice things…” Adagio groaned as she reached out towards Sunset, helping pull the teen off the ground that she fell to upon hearing Sonata’s comment. “Yes, that many zeros is possible. You are going to need a lot of things for going to Crystal Prep.”

“Wait, what?” Sunset’s attention suddenly left the number that had been written on the card.

“Yes, it seems like the sisters running CHS indeed used express mail. We got the paperwork yesterday when you were sorting your stuff into your room.” Adagio explained with a slight nod.

“Um, awesome? Does that mean that if I try to get in there-” Sunset started to question what was next, only for Adagio to cut her off.

“We have an email all prepared to send to Crystal Prep from one of our Prench accounts, linked to a well established family with a long lineage and history of prestige.” she gave a small, knowing chuckle. “One of the many benefits of being so long of live, I suppose.”

(V):.........:(V)

Silence was the answer the Rainbooms gave as they looked at the burned out remains that had been Sunset’s apartment. They hadn’t been able to get very close, everything having been taped off for safety precautions, the lot of them forced to try and hold Rainbow back from digging through the rubble. Applejack’s trained eyes could see the signs of people digging through it, obviously the firefighters and other first responders had searched diligently for anyone on the inside.



“What if she was in there…?” Fluttershy asked, her eyes still wide with terror. “What if she…”

The five had only been there once, and only because they had literally forced Sunset to take them. She had been incredibly adamant of them not seeing her small flat, though none of them could remember why. It was from just before the Battle of the Bands…

Applejack wanted to comfort her distraught friend, but her arms were still full of carrying Rarity, the girl fainting as soon as they had arrived and got out of Fluttershy’s van. Between that and Rainbow running off to the wreckage, Applejack was struggling to keep everything under control as she turned towards Pinkie Pie.

“Has she responded yet?” she asked her cousin, receiving a small shake of the head in response. “Curses… Come on now, Sunset. This is no time to be ignoring us.”

She dug around in her pocket, delicately balancing Rarity as she pulled up her phone, tapping away until she was in the messages, pausing as she entered Sunset’s name and the contact popped up.

So many messages sent, but none answered. Hopefully this time would be different…

Recipient: Sunset Shimmer

Hey, we’re at your place and it’s totally leveled. -

(V):..........:(V)

~*Today, <1 Minute Ago*~

From: AJ

-I know you have no reason to like us,-

(V):...........:(V)

Recipient: Sunset Shimmer

But can you please let us know if you made it out?

(V):............:(V)

Sunset paused as she looked down at her phone. She so desperately wanted to ignore it. They had removed her from their lives, and so had she with them.

But Princess Twilight would say something along the lines of trying to forgive them, as they had with her. But Sunset wasn’t that forgiving in this case, as she started typing away a response to the farmer.

(V):.............:(V)

~*Today, <1 Minute Ago*~

From: Sunset Shimmer

I’m alive.

Never text me again.

Any of you.

We’re done.

Applejack rubbed away at the tears streaming down her face as she looked up at her friends, Rarity starting to stir in her arms. She felt a sad, tired smile slowly come to her face as she cleared her throat.