• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 1,100 Views, 37 Comments

Unconventional Paneling - FanOfMostEverything



A series of shorts inspired by various panels from Bronycon 2018.

  • ...
6
 37
 1,100

My Little Madlibs: The Inevitable Arrival

"Okay," said Fleetfoot, "I don't want to sound like I'm speciesist or something, but where does Princess Twilight find some of these things?"

"'Things' is pretty darn speciesist, Flatfoot," said Soarin'. "They're people, same as you or me."

"Pretty sure I've never been quite like that."

"Enough chatter, you two," barked Spitfire. "We're here to represent Cloudsdale in the Equestria Games, and that's what we're going to do. I don't care if we're up against changelings, dragons, or an entire team of rocs, we are going to go out there and we are going to win like Wonderbolts. Do I make myself clear?"

Reflex made the others stiffen and shout, "Yes, Ma'am!" Only after could Fleetfoot say "Though I still want to know where they came from. Pretty sure they're not actually from Equestria."

"Not like that's going to stop some teams," Soarin' said as he looked about the rest of the competition. "We've got teams from Griffonstone, Mount Aris, Yakyakistan..."

"Hey, guys." Rainbow Dash walked up to them in her Ponyville yellows. She followed Fleetfoot's wary gaze. "Wondering about the Beyond team?"

Spitfire sighed. "Crash, is this going on that list of stupid but true stuff you've told us?"

"Well, you know the mirror portal that leads to a world of naked apes?"

"So that's a yes," Spitfire said around her facehoof.

Dash continued with little more than an acknowledging nod. "Well, Twilight's been tinkering with it lately."

"Called it," said Fleetfoot.

"So yeah, these guys are from some other dimension or something. Don't ask me the details." Dash wingshrugged. "Even if I wanted to ask Twilight, she'd spend an hour on boring background detail before she even got to the part I wouldn't understand."

Meanwhile, a stout humanoid in overalls went through his stretches for the upcoming relay event, his "uniform" nothing more than his usual overalls, shirt, gloves, and signature monogrammed hat. "You-a ready for this?"

The blue, spiny biped, who bore about as much resemblance to his claimed species as a ballistic missile did to a throwing axe, smirked and answered, "It's a race. Of course I'm ready."

The other shook his mustachioed head. "Just don't get us kicked out of another world's Olympics, okey-dokey?"

Author's Note:

One of the Mad Libs the writers did at the panel was the history of Sonic the Hedgehog. Among other things, it revealed an upcoming title that was sure to be a timeless classic: Mario and Sonic at the Equestria Olympic Games.

Rainbow Dash's list of stupid but true things comes from Breaking (Down The) News.