• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 1,100 Views, 37 Comments

Unconventional Paneling - FanOfMostEverything



A series of shorts inspired by various panels from Bronycon 2018.

  • ...
6
 37
 1,100

MLP Analysis Anarchy: There's Method to it

Author's Note:

As luck would have it, you actually can see what inspired this one through the marvels of technology.

Discord chuckled as he watched the little wolf panic for a bit. Oh, he put on a good show of calmness, but Discord could feel the anxiety roiling in his heart. Really, as if Discord were so oblivious as to think that turning all of Castle Canterlot into blue cheese would do anything to endear Celestia to him. After all, she was watching her weight these days. Mostly watching it increase. Plus, some of her staff was probably lactose-intolerant. No, as one of Discord's poker buddies once told him, cheese for no one was often the better bet.

Of course, that still left the matter of actually talking to Celestia. For more than a sentence. Which Discord may or may not have done since the whole Tirek fiasco, much less Twilight building her little ego academy. Though he could, of course, start gossiping with Cee-Cee at any point. After all, he was the Spirit of Chaos! All things were within his power! Including initiating a civil conversation with Celestia.

Which he'd do.

Right now.

If he felt like it.

Really, did it have to be now now?

Discord facepawed, dragging the appendage down and smearing his features across much of his front. This was ridiculous. Even if he did feel things with Sunbutt had gotten a touch awkward—which he didn't—that only made it more urgent he go address the problem now! How many times had he watched the Bearers unseen, see them oh-so-nearly fall apart due to some petty squabble that could have been fixed by somepony actually opening her mouth and saying something?

Of course, if it were Fluttershy, then such reticence was entirely understandable and forgivable. That went without saying.

Say, there was a thought. He could go give Fluttershy a surprise visit, a sort of warmup for another round with Ol' Grim and Golden.

For example, it might remind him to not use demeaning nicknames for his conversation partner.

Discord screamed into the roiling, chaotic void, spawning several briefly-lived species of nightmarish horror and the perfect chicken pot pie. "Enough of this! I am Discord! I am chaos! Action! Change! I do not dread; I am dreaded! I do not worry; I am worrisome! I do not—"

"Have much of an indoor voice, do you?"

Discord blinked and looked around. The eternal chaos of his personal subdimension looked a lot more like Celestia's personal chambers than he remembered. Complete with a scowling, sleepy-eyed Celestia giving him a half-lidded glare that probably owed a lot more to anger than fatigue. "Oh. Well." Discord cleared his throat and attempted a smile. "Don't suppose you're in the mood for a friendly chat?"

Celestia just maintained the glare. Nope, definitely not just fatigue.

"I'll check back tomorrow."

"You do that."