• Published 30th Jul 2018
  • 382 Views, 7 Comments

Gods - TheTimeSword



When the gods came for Equestria, ponies became prey. A thousand years later, three separate paths collide and prove that extinction is not inevitable.

  • ...
 7
 382

Hawkeye - Water I

The mare had cleaned the blood as best she could with snow, yet she realized that water would be a much better tool. She needed to create another fire to purify the frozen flakes, it had been on her list of many chores. Instead of choosing to continue her scavenging, she once again lit the covered pit. Pulling the hide down, she made a tent for the stoked flames and placed snow at the top. The heat would rise and melt the snow, creating a pool and allowing her to collect the fresh water.

She'd been living on snow for nourishment, though she knew that it made her body colder. The fire had been enough to warm her, so the thought had receded to the back of her mind. Now, needing water to clean, she knew that it had been a mistake to ignore the basics of life. Angered at herself, she watched and waited as the snow melted.

Grabbing the canteen from her saddlebags, she held it up to the hide and let the liquid drain into the opening. She had not gotten a chance to go through all of her belongings, there were plenty of things she had left behind, but the canteen had been a gift that she never forsook. After the water had drained, she put more snow in its place. Waiting again, she stared down at the tanned container. It was lined with sap and resins to prevent leakage, though the emblem sewn into the side made it unique.

It was a cutie mark, a rack of strings pulling hide. It was not her cutie mark, but it was the only one of its kind. The maker's mark, the only time he had ever added his emblem, and it was for her. It always brought a smile to her face whenever she looked down at it, though now it only brought tears.

Falling like water, the canteen was soaked by the time the fire had finished another batch.