• Published 2nd Aug 2019
  • 1,418 Views, 35 Comments

Meet The Parents - FourShadow



Trixie loves Adagio. Adagio loves Trixie. Adagio wants to meet Trixie's parents. ... Trixie never thought of telling them that she was dating. Or even dating a lady. Trixie's now terrified.

  • ...
3
 35
 1,418

Chapter 3

"What do you mean they're dating?" Jack asked, trying to comprehend what his wife just told him.

"I'm telling you, they're dating, I know it," Sunflower shouted from their bathroom. She was in the midst of brushing her teeth when she had popped her thoughts to her partner.

"Come on, you can't be serious. What makes you so sure?"

"Lets break it down, shall we?" She stepped out of the bathroom for a quick second. "Clue number 1; Her friend arrives to the door. Trixie shows great enthusiasm and excitement to see this girl come over, and before that, she acted like she was deeply in love just talking about her. Clue number 2, if it wasn't obvious enough, was Adagio's constant flirty attitude around Trixie and making her blush... a lot. And if that wasn't a cue enough, the minute I asked Adagio about dating, Trixie starts hacking up a hairball."

"... Okay, those are some good clues there, but come on, some people just like to act flirtatiously. You know my brother was when you met him," Jack called back.

"That's because he was trying to hit on me!" She yelled from the bathroom.

"And he failed, didn't he?"

"Well, yeah, but--that's not the point!" She quickly rinsed and spit out the mouth wash. She stepped out the bathroom, hands on her hips. "Trixie and Adagio, are dating, I know it."

Jack was dubious. “If you say so. I dunno, I just can’t see it.”

Sunflower shakes her head, halfheartedly exasperated with her husband. “And why not?”

Jack considered the question for a moment, putting down the book he’d been trying to read during this whole discussion. Finally, he said, “I don’t really know. I guess, it’s just – we’re her parents. I mean, I just think that Trixie would have told us that she’d met someone, or that she was seeing someone, that’s all.”

Sunflower smiled slightly, a little wistful. She came over to Jack and sat by him, talking more quietly. “You know that Trixie’s always been shy. If she found someone, she might be nervous.”

“Nervous? What’d she be nervous about? I love her, you love her, Trixie knows that. I wouldn’t hate whoever she wanted to date.”

Sunflower smirked with a little tease in her voice. “Not even if she brought home someone from Cloudsdale High?”

Jack scoffed. “Oh yeah, like that’d happen.”

Sunflower laughed softly as she gets under the covers with him. The two of them settle down again, in comfortable silence. Sunflower reached over to the bedside table to shut off the lamp for the night, before Jack speaks up again.

“You’re really certain she’s with Adagio?”

“Absolutely.”

“All right then.” Jack chuckled softly, but she heard him.

Sunflower glanced back at him knowingly. “All right, mister smarty pants… care to make it interesting?”

Jack smirks at her. “I’m listening.”

“I’ll stake money on it.”

Jack laughed softly. “All right. How much?”

“Ten bucks.”

“Twenty.” Pause, then he added jokingly, “I could use the cash in pocket.”

Sunflower laughed, and playfully smacked her husband. He laughed it off, and to show no hard feelings, gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. Then, as she reaches for the lamp once more….

"You really want to bet on this?"

Sunflower stopped. She looked at her husband with a smirk. "You mean like all those bets we kept placing on each other in college?"

"Maybe," Jack chuckled.

"Alright, tell you what. $20 says Trixie is dating Adagio, done and done. Deal?"

"Deal," Jack nodded. "Though I'm telling you, that girl is not dating her."

"You do realize I'm Trixie's mother, right? Sometimes moms just know things," she said.

"And sometimes dads know things too," Jack replied as slowly snuggled up with her. "... maybe even more. And better."

And all he got in response was a swat to the face with a pillow.


The morning light from the sun slowly crept into Trixie's bedroom. She along with Adagio were still peacefully asleep in bed together, snuggled up nice and cozy. Adagio kept her close the entire night, making sure she felt safe in her grasp. And with the stresses of yesterday, she needed that close comfort. And Adagio was more than happy to give her that comfort.

When the sun hit her eyes, she slowly winced and slowly opened them, trying not to fidget too much from where she laid. But she slowly was gaining the energy to pull herself up. But there was one other thing she had to do first...

She leaned down and gave a soft kiss on Trixie's cheek with a smile, following up with her leaning close and nuzzling her, purring like a cat.

"Morning sweetie," Adagio whispered.

Trixie's eyes slowly opened and she looked over to her girlfriend with a happy expression. "Morning Dagi."

"How are you, baby?" Adagio asked as she cuddled closer.

"I'm fine. Better with you cuddled up close to me," she cooed, giving her a kiss.

Adagio smiled before pushing herself out of bed. She bent over to pick up her shirt before putting it back on, and then jumped right back into bed with her girlfriend.

"Say Trixie... if you're feeling perfectly alright and up to it... could I ask you to do something for me?" Adagio asked, whispering into her ear.

Trixie blushed even harder. "W-What's that?"

"... tell your parents we're dating at breakfast."

"What!?" Trixie yelped. She pulled herself up. "Dagi!"

"Trixie, come on, breakfast is the perfect time! They've gotten to know me, and I think they really like me," Adagio whimpered, putting on her best puppy-dog eyed look. "Pleasssseeee????"

"Dagi..."

"Please, please, please pleaseeeeee???????" Adagio begged.

A knock was at the door. "Trixie? Adagio, you up?"

Out of fear, she shoved Adagio's body out of the bed and she hit the floor with a slam. "Ow!"

"U-Uh, yeah, we're up!" Trixie shouted, trying to pull herself together.

"Alright, well, when you two are ready, come on down. Your mom's making breakfast!"

"Okay!"

Adagio slowly pulled herself up, looking at Trixie a semi-amused face. "Guess I know if you're going to kick me out of bed, I won't underestimate your strength."

"Sorry..." Trixie blushed. "I thought they were going to open the door and come in, I didn't want to tell them like that."

Adagio perked up. "So does that mean... you're finally going to tell them?"

Defeated, she sighed with a nod. "Yes. I'll tell them. Soon as I get some food into my system, I will tell them I'm gay and I'm dating you."

Adagio squeed with some excitement, yanking her girlfriend out of bed and swinging her around like a little girl. "Yes yes yes yes yes! Thank you thank you thank you!" She hugged her close to her body and nuzzled her again.

"... Dang it, why can't I stay mad at you," Trixie said, giving into the nuzzles.

"Because you really love me?" Adagio said, rubbing her cheek against Trixie's like a cat.

"... Yeah."

After prying her girlfriend off her body and making a quick run to the bathroom, Adagio wandered downstairs to where the parents were busy cooking breakfast. The smell of fresh pancakes and bacon were in the air, making Adagio's mouth water.

"Mmm... bacon."

Sunflower chuckled. "Morning Adagio."

"Good morning, Sunflower," she smiled. "Sleep well?"

"Why yes, I did. How about you?"

"I slept wonderfully," Adagio said, leaning against the counter with a suggestive grin. "Mind if I steal a piece of bacon?"

"Go right ahead," Jack nodded.

Adagio quickly swiped a piece of bacon, munching on it happily. And it just so happened that was the moment Trixie finally came downstairs.

"Hey Trixie," Dagi smirked, swaying her hips a bit at her girlfriend, once again, making her blush.

"... Please don't do that while we're here," Trixie blushed, walking past her.

"Alright everyone, grab a plate, grab whatever you like and dig in!" Jack hollered.

Everyone grabbed their own pancakes, some pieces of bacon, and their own individual drinks. They sat down at the table, finally digging in.

"Mmm, this is very delicious, Sunflower. Did you cook these yourself?"

"That would be Jack's doing," Sunflower nodded to her husband.

"Old family recipe, Adagio. Passed down from my mother, and her mother before that, and her mother before that, and her mother before that. A long line of passing down," Jack explained.

"Ah, okay," Adagio nodded before taking a sip of her drink.

Trixie was mostly quiet as she nibbled on her food. If she was going to tell them anything, she wanted to at least have some food before speaking the truth. And thanks to the milk, she was able to get her mind together and think straight. A boost of that always helped her when she needed some focus. That, or the delicious sensation of peanut butter crackers which she usually snacked down on at lunchtime. Added with a slight nudge from her secret girlfriend, Trixie sighed. The time was now.

"Um... Mom. Dad. Can I tell you guys something?"

"Of course, sweetheart, what's up?" Jack said, taking another bite of the pancake.

"I, um... Ooh boy. Um... Dad. You and I, um... we have something in common."

"Yeah, what's that?" Jack asked, taking a sip of coffee.

"Well, um... this is hard, um..." Trixie gulped. "... We both like the ladies."

Jack chuckled. "Well of course we do, we..." he stopped. "Wait a minute. What do you mean, we both like the ladies?"

Trixie gulped. No turning back now. "Dad. I'm... I'm gay. I'm a lesbian, and I always have been. Adagio isn't just my friend. She's my girlfriend. I didn't know how else to tell you guys, but... I wanted you to get to know her before I finally said something. I've been dating her for the past few months, and every second I'm with her I wouldn't give up for the world. She's always been there when I needed her, and she helped me be a little more confident in myself. I... I thought now was the time that I told you two that I was seeing her."

There's a long pause. It was like if glass had just shattered, completely shutting up all noise and sound around. And both of the parents were quiet. Not a word was spoken, not even a beat. Sunflower gets up, slowly almost as if she was pondering something important. She slowly stepped to the kitchen, for a few seconds of uninterrupted silence. No one knew what she was doing, not even Adagio knew and she was starting to grow fearful. Were they about to break the love of her life's heart?

A few seconds later, the mother came back out, and approached her husband. She held one arm on the chair and the other arm on the table, leaning over. And while she looked him in the eye, she said with a slow smirk, "Jack. You owe me a twenty. Because I CALLED IT!" She cackled with joy as her husband reached for his wallet, slapping a $20 bill on the table.

Trixie was shocked. "Wait... you knew!?"

Sunflower smiled with smart aleck grin. "I knew the minute she walked through the front door! Something about her just screamed girlfriend to me."

Adagio giggled. "Well what makes you think I don't act like this with everyone I talk to?"

"Come on," Sunflower smirked back.

"W-Was it really that obvious?" Trixie asked, afraid to know the answer.

"... Yeah." Sunflower admitted. "I mean I knew something was up, but I didn't think that maybe you would be dating! But I knew it, I knew this was the case, I just knew it!"

"Ohh..." Trixie moaned as she planted her face her arms, embarrassed as the day she tried to perform in front of a crowd back in 8th grade.

Sunflower could see Trixie was a little more than distressed. But just like many times before, her motherly instincts kicked in and she knew how to help her child. "Hey. Trixie?" She put her hand on Trixie's hand. "Look, sweetie, I knew when she walked in. But it doesn't mean I'm mad at you."

"You're not?" Trixie moaned into her arms.

"No, sweetie, I'm not. I'll admit I'm a little surprised you waited until now to tell us, but it doesn't mean I don't love you."

Jack nodded, stepping into the conversation. "Kiddo, we just want you to be happy. And if you like girls, then that's okay."

Trixie was shocked. "You... you're okay with it?"

Sunflower smiled. "We are. We love you Trixie, and we always will."

Jack nodded. "In fact, you know what's surprising to me?"

"What?"

Jack grinned. "The only thing that's surprising to me is that you, my daughter, got yourself a beautiful young lady. I'm really impressed, Trixie. I bet a lot of boys are really jealous of you."

Trixie blushed harshly yet again, and once again making Adagio laugh. "Dad..."

"Well I can turn a few heads, that's for sure," she smirked. "And this sweet girl gets to have me all to herself," Adagio leaned her head against Trixie, nuzzling her.

"Dagi..." Trixie said, twirling her hair.

"Look. Kiddo, in the end, it's okay. We're happy for you. And we want you to be happy."

"Really?"

Sunflower nodded. "Really. Now come here...", she opened her arms up, offering a hug.

Sunflower pulled Trixie into a hug, and Jack joined in the hug as well. All three of them finally at ease, and Trixie could feel a heavy weight being lifted off her shoulders. So long she feared their reactions, only to see there was no fear to be found no more.

"Thanks guys," Trixie sniffled.

"Oh, sweetie, don't you worry about a thing," Sunflower said, patting her daughter's back. She sighed as she continued to hug her. "Oh, you don't know how proud of you I am... a year ago, I didn't think you would be dating, but now?"

"You've come a long way, kiddo," Jack complimented. "And you can bet your rabbit filled hat I'm proud of you."

Adagio smiled as she watched the family hug it out. A feeling of pride beaming inside.

"Heyyy... how about a little sugar for meee?" Adagio said, trying to get Trixie's attention. The magician giggled as she pulled Adagio in for a hug as well, holding her in a warm hug.

"Isn't that just the cutest thing?" Sunflower gushed.

"Kinda reminds me of the day I first met you," Jack said, holding his wife close.

"Dad..." Trixie whined.

"Kiddo, you know we're only teasing you because we love you. Now, if you don't mind, I like to say something to your girlfriend."

Adagio pulled out of the hug and looked at Trixie's father, dead in the eye.

"So... Adagio. You really love her?"

She nodded. "Absolutely, sir."

"You promise me you won't hurt her? Because if I find out you do..."

"Sir." Adagio interrupted. "Hurting her is the last thing I want to do. I love her more than anything, and I would never want or let anything bad happen to her."

That was all Jack Pot needed to hear. With a proud smile, he patted Adagio's shoulder with a look of approval. "You're a good girl, Adagio. Just make sure you treat her right, okay?"

"I know how to. In more ways than one," she gave a naughty wink.

Jack laughed. "Okay, easy up there, tiger."

The two couples were finally at ease with one another. Now everything had calmed down. Only one question remained; what to do now? Should they celebrate, should they do something about it... what?

"Hey. Tell you two what. Since we know you two are officially dating now, what do you say we have a proper date with the family? We'll take you two out to lunch somewhere, and get to know the real you."

"Well, I know I would, but it's all up to my girlfriend," Adagio said, looking at her girlfriend. "What do you want to do, babe?"

"Um..." Trixie was almost at a loss for words. She had anticipated Adagio and possibly herself out the door before breakfast was over. She hadn't planned for her parents being accepting of her relationship. She didn't even know what to do now!

"It's okay if you don't know. Maybe you two should think about it. I'm gonna go take a shower and get dressed, you two can discuss what you want to do," Jack said before going upstairs.

"I'm going up as well," Sunflower said before heading upstairs. Their slippers made soft slapping sounds as they walked up the rickety staircase. Once the parents were upstairs, Adagio wrapped her arms over Trixie's shoulders, resting her head on her left shoulder. She purred softly, almost like a cat. Even more so because now she could nuzzle and hug her without having her girlfriend fearing her parents.

"See? What did I tell you," Adagio sassed, placing her hands on Trixie's sides now.

Trixie smiled back, stroking Adagio's cheek. "Yeah... you were right."

Adagio kissed her cheek and held her in a big hug. "As I said, you just need to believe in yourself, baby."

Trixie smiled and kissed her cheek back, nuzzling her as she held her close. Adagio nuzzled her as well, staying in the comfortable embrace. As the two held each other more and more, Adagio kissed her again.

"I love you, baby," Adagio said.

"I love you too," Trixie cooed, holding her some more.

She stroked Adagio's cheek with a proud smile and boost of confidence.

"Now come on, lets get dressed. You wanna look nice for me, don't you?" Trixie said with a wink.

"Keep it up, and I just might," Adagio sassed as she followed her girlfriend up the stairs.

"Oh, hey, Dagi?"

"Yes Trixie?"

"Well... um... I know I already met them, but... could we do a dinner with just us and your sisters?"

Author's Note:

And so we hit the final chapter of this short-story! ... probably could have just made this all one giant story, but eh, what can ya do. Anyways, I hope ya'll enjoyed this one, I'm sorry this isn't really longer, but there wasn't much else to do with this story honestly.

Thanks for reading, hope ya'll enjoyed it. And have a nice day :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 10 )

I said it before, and I'll say it again, "Mom just know everything." This was a sweet and great way to end the story

I really liked the stuff with Trixie's parents in this chapter. Especially the aftermath of their bet :rainbowlaugh:

That was a very sweet and short story! Even though they knew (mostly Sunflower), I'm glad that Trixie's parents accepted Trixie's and Adagio's relationship. :twilightsmile:

A thought strikes me, now that Trixie's parents have appeared in a story in the shatteredverse they can now also appear in the main story with no issues! :twilightsmile:

Okay, so not bad. Not great, but there's still one thing that bothers me. If this was not planned to be a particularly long story to begin with, why not just make it one long one shot? I mean, that's the question that bothers me.

9782399

Because I didn't think. That's pretty much it.

9782400
You need to give yourself more credit Four. I mean, what you were doing was fine in itself. It was, as I said before, perfectly good trashy teenager drama. It just needed better execution, that's all I'm saying.

Lovely shipping here. So adorable. The parents are a delight too!

As a person with a gay brother, this hit me.

Mostly because the coming out process was not as...clean as it was in this story.

My parents did accept him, but they were not exactly comfortable.

Login or register to comment