• Published 28th Jul 2018
  • 480 Views, 8 Comments

The Geas - Jaycren



Geas: an idiosyncratic taboo, whether of obligation or prohibition, similar to being under a vow

  • ...
2
 8
 480

Truths Given In Parting

Each of the Rainbooms stood before the portal, Sunset leaning into Garm, as if to assure herself of his reality. All stood quietly as they processed what Sunset had told them. She was going home to make things right with her mother and father. All that was left was to wait for the Princess to engage the portal.

"Well, this is entirely to serious." Deadpanned Garm.

Sunset glared at her shadowed paramour, "Garm be nice, I am not going to be seeing them for a while."

"You are coming back, right?" Twilight stammered.

"Oh of course I am. Mom, Dad and my people may be on the other side of this portal, but my family and home have always been here. I'll always be just visiting in Equestria. My Home is here, in this world." Sunset said as she disengaged from Garm and pulled the timed purple haired girl into a hug.

"Promise?" Twilight asked into Sunset's shoulder.

Sunset chuckled, "Stick A Cupcake in my eye." She intoned. "Just... I have no idea how long this is gonna take. I have a lot of issues to sort through with my parents. But at the end of it I will be returning home."

Hearing a chuckle behind her, Sunset released Sci-twi and turned to her Special Someone.

"Have something to say Garm?" The fire haired girl asked dangerously.

Garm, grinning wolfishly, growled suggestively. "Oh I think I might."

Stalking forward quickly, he advanced on the two girls, a predator ready to snatch up the sheep before him. Winking at Sunset and Sci-Twi he snarled playfully.

"I would just like to wait for the stragglers to arrive. After all, I would hate for you to miss your chance to say goodbye to even one of your friends." Showing even more of his teeth, he continued, "Besides, I have my own things I want to say?"

Sunset looked worriedly at her former Cereboi, but the arrival of Flash, Trixie, and Wallflower prevented her from asking for clarification. Turning to greet the three, she pushed her queries to the back of her mind. After all, Garm was free he wouldn't do anything to bad, right?

Still within Twilight's embrace, Sunset saw the 'stragglers' Garm was referring too. Smiling, she shot Garm a questioning look, but the teen boy merely shrugged.

Snorting fondly at the dark haired bad boy. "Enigmatic as Always," She thought, "I think he gets off on it personally."

Disengaging herself from the warmth of Sci-Twi's hug, Sunset still had no idea how a nerd that had an asthma attack at the thought of Gym class could hug her so tightly, she went to meet the new arrivals.

"Hey Guys, here to see me off?"

"Indeed, The Great And Powerful Trixie could no more allow her newest friend to leave without a proper goodbye!" Trixie declared to all, while Wallflower hid to the back.

The lone male of the group shook his head and looked at Sunset fondly. "We'll all miss you Shimmer. Just see that you make your way back here safe. After all, who will save us the next time a magical mcguffin from equestria tries to kill us." Appearing to think a moment he finished by snarking to his former love, "Hey, if your mom is the one in control over there can you ask her to stop using this dimension as Equestria's personal banishment zone. That would be great."

Sunset donkey punched the taller teen boy in the chest, "You are such an ass! But I'll Miss you too Boy scout."

Wallflower smiled at the antics of her friends, then added her goodbye as well. "Yeah, I only just started being your friend. I want to enjoy some of the benefits."

Trixie wrapped her arm around Wallflower, and murmured into the shy girl's ear, "I thought Trixie and you were the only ones that were friends with benefits. Trixie does not like to share."

Wallflower's blush gave the Twin Twilights some stiff competition in the tomato category at Trixie's words. Sunset for her part, simply smiled and gently said.

"Don't worry Trixie, neither you nor Wallflower are my type. I like them either innocent and inexperienced or aweful and jaded. Really is no middle ground with me."

Flash chuckled. "You make a better friend anyway Sunset, you were absolute crap as a girlfriend."

Sunset leveled a smoldering look at her former boytoy, "You know you still want it, but you shan't have any!"

Looking insulted, she turned away, but could only keep her straight face for only a moment, "C'mon, lets join the rest of the girls. I want to get underway as quickly as possible."

As they joined the group, Garm stepped forward. Flourishing his arms outward he bowed to one and all.

"I would like to get these festivities underway with first introducing myself. My name is Garm and I was Sunset's bound Cereboi. Now I am her special someone, equal to her in all things. But being a former Cereboi means that I still have certain tendencies. Certain harmless foibles that are of little if any harm to others."

Sunset's eyes narrowed, she did not like were this was going. "Garm what are you up to?"

Smiling devilishly, Garm bowed to his former master, "I am up to nothing that will harm. Indeed I am going to even the debts between me and all of your friends. That way we can truly begin at square one and embark in friendship hand in hand as equals, with none beholden to any."

"Debt's darling?" Questioned the Purple haired fashionista, "I don't recall any debts we have incurred to or from you. Before the other day we had no idea you existed."

Garm barked his laughter, "Indeed, but it will take but a moment to explain. I owe all of you for extending the hand of friendship to my mistress. I also am owed by all of you for the courtesy of not slitting your throats when you collectively withdrew that hand during the anonymous incident. With the exception of Flash and Twilight. The Twilight that is present, not the princess. Them I owe only a kindness."

Baring his sharp teeth gleefully, he first tossed a car key to Flash Sentry.

"Take care of my Baby. I think you will find her special modifications most useful for your goals."

His gleeful look softening into a genuine smile, he handed Twilight an envelope, "Inside you will find the address and keys to my apartment. It is now yours and yours alone. I believe that you will use what is inside the best. I caution only that you use discretion."

Starting to turn to the others he paused, looking back at Sci-Twi he added, "Equestrian Culture finds sharing to be a way of life in all things and this is something I will not be saying to your more royal counterpart. Only you. You only have to ask us."

Smiling to the rest of those gathered, he once more demanded their attention.

"The rest of you are owed both a Kindness and a cruelty, so I will tell you all secrets that I never told Sunset. I will coach them in metaphor and euphemism, but they will be said in front of all. These are the secrets you all hold close to your heart. These are the ones that can destroy you. With my words, I will be lessening the shackles you have placed upon yourselves."

Pausing to think a moment, he sprang forward, "Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity, You three share your secret with a fourth and that fourth is alone in her darkness. Meanwhile your secret sleeps where only worms will hear it."

Turning his attention away from the trio, he paused as Rainbow Dash called to him.

"Are you sure?" The Cyan speedster asked.

"Dash," Garm said, not unkindly, "I am a Guardian and Agent most foul. I was created by the darkest of magics. My first kill was my mother, as I ripped my way from her womb. There is some shit Ms. dash that even I do not put up with."

"DO ME NEXT! DO ME NEXT!"

Startled Garm suddenly had a face full of Pinkie as she bounced in front of him. Momentarily distracted by everything that bounced on the full figured girl, he was silent a moment, then smiled.

Leaning forward to her left ear, he slipped a business card into her rather impressive bosom.

Whispering, he said words that caused even the maniac party planner to go silent, "On this card is someone that can help you manage your darkness. One does not have to be happy all the time Pinkamena and even the darkest things can be used to protect others. But darkness left alone in one's mind turns toxic. Call the number lest you begin to make the wrong kind of cupcakes."

Pulling back he smiled sadly at the pink girl, "I have been where you are, if I can find the center so can you."

"Ms. Shy, I believe it is your turn." Garm's melodic voice drifted out, causing the pink haired girl to flinch and take a step back.

Sunset stepped in between the two of them. "Enough Garm. You don't have to do this. You are no longer bound by the concepts of debts and debtors. You are free, please don't hurt my friends over something I've already forgiven them for."

"But I haven't forgiven them for it." Garm growled, his voice low and menacing. "The only reason I stayed away so long in my search was that I believed that you were protected, cared for. Instead, the flimsiest of reasons caused those that should have trusted in you the most to turn and outcaste you. Yes they were suffering from low level dark magic poisoning but had they been true in their intent of friendship it would have mattered not."

Taking a calming breath, he said in the cold of the winter darkness, "This is so I can forgive them. It has nothing to do with you. I freed myself in part so I could do this. So I could enact the play that stands here before you. What I am doing now means that none of your friends will ever again have a reason to fear me, it gives us a clean slate. Not just for them, but me as well."

"It's okay Sunset." a quiet voice echoed behind Sunset. Pale yellow arms wrapped around her front as a chin rested in the middle of her back. "I understand and I am okay. There's really only one secret I have that Garm can be using. It will be good to get some advice from an outside source."

Releasing the bacon haired teen, Fluttershy stepped forward, "Okay, I'm ready."

"You know of all of them, you would be the one I could forgive." Garm mused. "Sunset hurt you worst of all, so I could understand your reaction. It was fear that the worst tormentor of your life had returned. That combined with the Dark Magic Residue flowing through your system would have made it impossible for any to resist. Even an Alicorn would have succumbed. So I am giving you a chance, if you do not wish to hear what I have to say I will stay silent. I will forgive you based on past grievances suffered. No harm, no foul, as it were."

Fluttershy squared her shoulders, staring defiantly back at the former Cereboi, "I will endure what my friends have. I am not weak. I am kind and that takes a lot more strength then most have mister! So do what you must."

Garm smiled, "Truly I see why he loves you. He does by the way. They will either except that or not. It is not fair to keep the most special thing you have away from everyone else. He's loyal to you, he needs to be loyal to everyone else as well. Lest he backslide into bad habits once again. For his sake, make your feelings clear to him and everyone else. You deserve nothing less."

Nodding Fluttershy stared at the ground a moment, then wrapped her arms around herself and walked off. None followed, they had a feeling that she would not welcome it.

Turning to Trixie he said simply, "Las Pegasus, tell your mother Las Pegasus."

Trixe's eyes widened as she immediately grabbed her cellphone, "I have to inform my mother of this. Flash you have a car now, take Wallflower home."

Stalking off she could be heard shouting into her phone, her words lost as she bolted for her van.

Flash sent a withering look Garm's way, "Please tell me that your car is at least within walking distance." the blue haired boy scout deadpanned.

"About a block to the east, click the button and follow the beeps you'll be fine." Garm returned.

Turning to the green skinned girl before him, he tapped his finger against his nose.

"Wallflower Blush, I must confess due to the incident with the memory stone I know the least about you. However, I can say that Sweetie Drops still smiles when stringed instruments are broken and not all memories are so easily forgotten."

Wallflower stepped back, glancing at the other girls in panic, she quickly grabbed Flash, "We need to go, Sunset we will miss you, Trixie wishes you well too."

Virtually Dragging Sentry behind her Wallflower beat a hasty retreat, dragging the much larger boy behind her.

"Have a good time in Equestria, Shimmer! Tell Twilight, that I think we should see other people! That are not each other! Bye!"

Sunset shook her head, "He always was such a coward when it came to break ups. He broke up with me via text message."

Turning to Garm she asked, "Are you done? Or is there someone else you need to expose secrets of. Secrets that you never told me by the way. When we get to Equestria we are going to talk about obeying the spirit vs the letter of agreements. I don't know whether to hurt you or fuck you in this moment."

Garm leaned into his flame haired other half and huskily huffed, "Why can't we do both?"

"Alright leaving for Equestria, NOW! It is required I get this boy to my bedroom!" Sunset all but yelled.

Dragging him behind her, she paused just long enough to grab her stuff, then dove through the portal, yoinking Garm behind her.


Reforming in Equestria, Sunset staggered a bit as she got used to once more standing on two hooves, her horn once more gracing her Equaniod face. Smiling, she looked down and saw that, like many Equestrian Natives she was naked, her orange fur concealing anything revealing.

"So going to have to replace my outfit." Sunset remarked, "I am so not going around Naked, it's just too weird. What do you think Garm, still want that round of Pain vs Pleasure? Hmmmmm?"

Not hearing the anticipated teasing reply, she turned to find the room empty.

"Garm?" She worriedly asked to the empty room.

A voice she never thought she would hear inside of her head ever again spoke.

"I am inside your shadow. It is were I would like to stay for the moment.

"Why? Twilight will be along in a moment. What has you so spooked that you are hiding in my shadow. The Geas is broken, you can be seen without any risk."

"No Sunset I can not. When the portal changed me, it changed me to what I was the last time I was here. I am once more the monster that nearly killed Celestia. I hoped that with the Geas gone I could appear as a Pony. That hope is gone now. I am a fanged beast, red of tooth and claw. It would be better for me to stay inside your shadow. I am going to rest here a bit. Please, leave me alone.

"Garm?" Silence greeted her query, for the first time ever Sunset could no longer neither feel his presence nor sense their link.

"Sunset, are you okay?" A voice called from the door to the portal room.

Tearing up, Sunset embraced Princess Twilight Sparkle, sobbing into her shoulder. Her greatest friend and ally had abandoned her.


One Of Blood Sired
The First From The Mirror Gate
Beloved Of The Self Exiled Daughter

The Second of Knowledge Lost
The Second Is Held In The Crystal Castle
In Her Remembrance Is He Found.

Author's Note:

This story will continue somewhere else. It is time to shift perspective, time to reveal another piece of the puzzle. What next shall we see? HMMMMM?

Comments ( 4 )

9306217
The title should be spelled like this; The Geass

9519146
The title refers to the Old Pagan Belief, most often found among the celts and the Irish, that was common place in the world over. It in no way refers to the anime, Code: Geass. The spelling is correct in that context. As I happen to be part Irish, I grew up with tales of the Geas and their importance in my culture. To follow ones Geas brought the blessings of the Gods, to fail brought your death. It was a way to prove heroism and pride while earning the blessings of the divine through laboring under a burden. So, again, in this instance the spelling of Geas is correct.

9519228
Code geass, damn it's been a while since I heard (or in this case saw) that name, I guess I'll go watch it again. But I always thought that Geas was written Like this; Geass. Because be they in medias or book Geass has always been written that way, oh well you learn something new everyday.

9519236
It has multiple spellings, the one I referenced is Geas. Other cultures where the concept appears I am sure spell it other ways. Considering the word is a derivative of an ancient Gaelic word, which in turn is from an even more ancient word, well spelling gets a little wonky over the years. Keep in mind this is from the language that has a word Sidhe that is pronounced SHE. Yeah, Gaelic is a bitch of a language.

Login or register to comment