• Published 28th Jul 2018
  • 480 Views, 8 Comments

The Geas - Jaycren



Geas: an idiosyncratic taboo, whether of obligation or prohibition, similar to being under a vow

  • ...
2
 8
 480

All Truths Told

Sunset Shimmer sat at Twi's house. Twilight Velvet and Nightlight had been gracious to let the girls use their living room. Sunset sat silently on the couch, not responding, lost in her own regrets. She had no wish to do this twice, this revealing was going to be tough enough, let alone having to do this more than once. Sadly, she watched as the girls walked up, Wallflower and Trixie included. Greeted at the door, by Twi and granted entry into were Sunset was. Even Pinkie was silent, adding to the dour mood of the room. Flash arrived next, pulling up in his car, he opened the door for Princess Twilight, followed by the humanizied Princess Celestia. Sunset sighed, this was not how she wanted Celestia to meet everyone, but Celestia had the right to know everything, as well as tell her own secrets. What Sunset did not expect was Princess Luna to step out of Flash's Car.

"Well, this is going to be fun." She thought sarcastically.

As the Princesses of the Sun and Moon were gradual making their way to Twi's front door, assisted by Twilight, the last set of people involved arrived, Principal Celestia, and Vice-Principal Luna, both moving quickly to help Twilight with her charges. Sighing Sunset rose, if she was going to do this, she needed to be on her feet. Moving to the center of the room, she fell into a comfortable stance. She was now going to be the center of attention. For what was about to happen, she had to use every tool at her disposal. All her friends stared, even at her worst they'd never seen Sunset like this. The door opened and Princess Twilight escorted Princess Celestia into the room.

Sunset greeted her promptly, "Hello, Mother."

At Sunset's words, all eyes instantly snapped to the Princess, her Ivory skin paling further, the pressure of those behind her forcing the alabaster woman off balance, causing Princess Celestia to stagger, leaning against a wide eyed Twilight for support. Princess Luna stepped through leaning on her own counterpart.

Narrowing her eyes at her sister she asked, "What is this young girl referring to dear sister." The words short and clipped.

"I would like to know that as well." Principal Celestia interjected. "It would explain a great many things."

Taking a breath Celestia began to answer, but Sunset overruled her. "The time for secrets is over Mother, on that I agree with my cerberoi, Garm. no longer do I need protection from the nobles. They don't exist here, there's no one to turn me into a puppet. There are none in either world that possess the skill. So no more secrets!!!!!" the last word coming out as a snarl,

Sunset watched as her mother's head hung in defeat. Sunset hated herself in this moment, hated herself for forcing something that she had wanted given freely.

When Princess Celestia spoke again, it was clear that her words held only the truth. "You're right, Sunset. I think I would like to let this secret go. Maybe, Garm is giving me a cruel kindness too."

Allowing herself to be led into Twi's living room, she plopped down on the couch, her sister sitting with the Vice-Principal, Principal Celestia taking a seat next to her more royal counterpart. Twilight sent a questioning look towards Sunset and was answered by a shake of the head. Putting her questions to the side she leaned against the wall closest to Twi. The two lavender haired girls sharing equal concern for their best friend.

"I had been alone for several decades, alone after my own arrogance turned my sister against me. Decades of trying to be better, trying and failing. It's difficult to be aware of yourself when everypony worships you, so I began falling back on some bad habits. Fortunately a young stallion of modest means had just become my servant." Princess Celestia smiled, causing Rarity to coo at the love in the Alicorn eyes.

"He was as common a unicorn as one can get, which means he had no interest in catering to my 'hogwash' as he put it. He told me what he thought, when he thought it. Then one night, on the anniversary of Luna's banishment, he gave me comfort. For one night I wasn't a princess, and he wasn't a servant. Just a stallion and a mare. I awoke the next morning, and again was the Princess and he was the servant. We never talked of it, we just went on with our lives. Eventually, I found out I was pregnant. I was terrified. I knew the nobles of my court would use any child of mine against me, twist them to their own ends, as they do their own children. And so they would bind me, never allowing for any good I might do. So I had Sunset in secret, declaring her my student when she predictably showed vast magic when she came of age."

"You did something else to protect me, didn't you Mother, dear." Sunset stated, her words demanding truth.

Princess Celestia nodded quietly, but it was Luna who spoke next.

"Oh, Sister, mine please tell me you didn't? Not a Cerberoi. Not one of the hounds of old. There was a reason we made the knowledge of making those creatures pass from the minds of all." Princess Luna shook her head sadly.

"I think I better explain from here, I know more about the Cerberoi then Tia does." Princess Luna began. "In order to make a Creberoi, certain preperations and arrangements need to be made. First one has to be the mother of an Unborn Child of excellent health. Secondly one needs Two gems, cut from the same rock. Thirdly, another mother must be found, one whose unborn child is doomed to be stillborn."

Closing her eyes the Princess of the Night shuddered. Vice-Principal Luna hung an arm around the Lunar Alicorn, comforting her before she began again, the words pouring forth.

"Each of the two Mother's recieve a crystal, thus are they linked and thus are their children linked. The magic from the healthy unborn child flows into the one doomed to die. Such a transference links both children, both will be born healthy. But there is a price. Upon the Healthy child's birth, the Cerberoi tears it's way free of it own mother. The first kill of a Cerberoi is the Mare that bore it. Whatever the Cerberoi began as, it is now a predator. Sharp of fang and claw, gifted with strange magic, the newborn Cerberoi is then taking to the one it is linked to, were it joins with the shadow of the normal child, henceforth called a Persephepony. The Cerberoi is given compulsions to never make itself known, unless alone with or to protect its Persephepony. All witnesses must be killed. The only one that can override this command is the Peresephepony. The pair then mature togehter, grow in power together. Cerberoi, besides being gifted mentally are gifted physically as well. They learn excessively fast and can react with blinding speed. They are masters of stealth and death. Once the Cerberoi and it's Persephepony attain their Cutie marks, which they recieve at the same moment, they are taken and revealed to each other, The two are given a choice. Seperate and live as two different entities or continue and be bonded even further."

Luna paused, this time she stared directly at Sunset. "If both choose to be bonded further then an agreement is made between the Persephepony and the Cerberoi. This is the Geas, an agreement sealed by the marks of those so bound. If broken or spoken of without mutual permission, the resulting backlash of magic shatters all bonds of friendship, as well as placing a Malifecia upon the oathbreaker. The result is often the death of the oathbreaker. My niece, your Cerberoi, has it given permission to tell us the terms of the Geas?"

Sunset glared back at the Lunar princess, "His name is Garm, and he has. First, I need to finish this tale. Mother, you need to show them your scar. The one Garm gave you."

All eyes turned back to Princess Celestia, nodding she rose to her feet. Turning to face the wall, she undid her dress, letting it fall to her waist. A long scar, jagged and wide ran form just under her arm to over her shoulder. As she turned the scar was shown to perform a large circle that rose from her waist, threaded between her breasts and connected over her clavicle. Turning away she, with the help of Principal Celestia refastened her dress. All were quiet, each alone in their own Nightmares. Sunset Shimmer's voice pierced their fear and called them to hear the explanation.

"Garm did that just shortly before I left Equestria, I had been fighting with Mother for most of the day and finally crossed a verbal line I shouldn't of. Mother raised her hoof to slap the stupid out of me, hell I deserved it, but Garm reacted. If Mother had not been an Alicorn she would've been dead. Neither of us saw him move, he hoof was raised, then a quarter of her body was not attached to her anymore. I think even he was surprised at his actions. Fortunately, Alicorns are both Immortal and have access to a ton of power. Mother was able to reattach everything before permanent damage was done. The mirror incident happened not long after. When I arrived the first thing I did was give Garm a permanent standing order. He was never to use lethal force, if it could be avoided. He and I then started making our way in this world. He could no longer stay in my shadows, but just as I had become a rather lovely young woman on this side, he was pretty easy on the eyes himself. He was the one that helped me obtain all the blackmail information, his ability to learn at an accelerated rate and physical prowess made him an amazing ally. Then it all went to shit." Sunset paused as tears formed in her eyes, she shivered as she remembered the events that lead to Garm leaving. Remembered her part in them.

"Oh, Dear Neice, please tell me you didn't, not with your Cereboi." Whispered Princess Luna, rising she went to Sunset. Drawing the girl into a fierce hug she whispered lovingly to Sunset, allowing her niece to let lose the tears she'd been holding for so long.

After a moment Sunset drew back, Princess Luna keeping bot arms around her.

"The Terms of our Geas, is All Debts Must Be Paid, A Moment Of Kindness, A Moment Of Creulty, A Moment Of Creulty, A Moment Of Kindness. We kept this up for some time, but my only relationship that was giving me any physical relief was with someone I was using. Someone I could not allow to have ANY power over me. So, one night as my period was ending, as I just needed someone I could be a whore with, I offered myself to Garm."

Sunset smiled at the memory of that night, shaking her head she continued, "Garm knew me in a way that no other possibly could. He gave me exactly what I needed, then was gone in the morning. Then came his moment of Creulty to my Moment Of Kindness, he informed Flash how I had been using him and told Flash, in detail what he had done with me. Afterwards, Flash broke up with me and Garm vanished. No goodbye, nothing. I continued onward, Garms actions, while inconvienient didn't disturb anything important. However, when I reached Equestria, the situation had changed. The mirror had been moved. Not only that but I was presented with how replaceable I actually was. For me the rest was just gathering a bit more info and making some last minute adjustments. The rest all of you know. Garm wants his freedom. In every Geas there's a way to break it without incurring any penalty. Neither Garm nor I ever realized what our escape clause was. Until, apparently Garm figured it out. He's given me all the clues and is now waiting for me in the last place we talked."

Staring out, surrounded by her friends and family, Sunset then said her next words knowing this was the moment all things turned on. She had made her decision, it was not going to change. But would they except it? Taking a breath, she pushed herself off the edge.

"Garm in many ways, is the last of my victims, he deserves his freedom. He deserves to now exactly how he feels, without being influenced by a contract enforced with Mind magic. More importantly he deserves to now how I feel about him. How I've always felt about him. I am going to meet him and end this, afterwards what happens will be up to us."

Princess Celestia looked to her daughter, "He may kill you, Cerberoi are not known for showing mercy. Are you prepared for that?"

Sunset pulled out of her Aunt's arms to look her mother in the eye. "I will do what I know to be right, Garm will do what he thinks is right. That is what will happen."

Princess Celestia arose and strode forward towards her daughter, placing her hand upon Sunset's shoulder she said. "I am proud of you Daughter, and whatever happens I want you to now, despite whatever arguments we had, I have always been proud of you. Twilight never replaced you. No one could. I made the same mistakes with you that I had made with Luna. I allowed my pride to get I the way of doing what I knew was right. You leaving let me see myself for the first time and I didn't like what I saw. So I became better, hoping that when and if you came home I could beg you to let me try and be the mother you deserved not the one you got. Your father is going to give me such a lecture when I get back. He never did quite forgive me for letting you run."

"Wait my father is alive?"

"Oh, Yes, you've known him your entire life. After your birth, he would except no less and I was forced into making him my Majordomo."

Sunset's mouth dropped "You don't mean...."

"Oh, Indeed Kibitz was quite the ladies stallion when he was younger and I always did like how his mustache tickled."

Author's Note:

This is a bit long, but I like it.