• Published 2nd Aug 2012
  • 1,080 Views, 5 Comments

SCALES - AuthorKnight90



Eric was an average antisocial man, when he was suddenly taken to Equestria.

  • ...
12
 5
 1,080

Chapter 1 : Where am I?

SCALES

Chapter 1: Where am I?

By AuthorKnight90

Pain only feel my mind. As headache comes over me like a hangover from drinking too much wine at a bar. I don't drink wine. I hate alcohol taste. I haven't drank much in my life and I keep away from bars. I don't know how long I was out , But somethings telling me I should stay out.

I groaned as my eyelid slowly started to left open. The bird sing in the distance as my eyes open to the view in front of me.




A forest with the sunshine high in the sky as the trees around me like a circle. Casting a deadly ray of light that disturbed my sleep. I lift my head , but sharp pain hit the back of my head.

"Owch!" I said. "What did I do to my head to make it hurt like that?" I stop and look at my surrounding. "And a matter of fact, Where am I ?"

I look around at the trees, but something was wrong about them. They seem to be like cartoonish. At the same time all too familiar look. I would have thought better if my head didn't hurt so much. I slowly lift off the ground to stand on my legs.Yet something felt off. I suddenly met the ground.

"What the -" I look up again to see my leg-, It wasn't my leg. It couldn't possibly be. They were hindlegs with reptilian scales. I'm starting to freak out when I saw my hand, It was a four digit claw and...it's hard to tell, but is that....an outline. It is! Great! Not only am I some type of repitle, I'm some kind of cartoon reptile. I would continue to freak out if I was so desperate to get off the ground.

"Ugh" I groaned as I fell," This is going to take a while."

I was right, I spent the next half an hour trying to stand up on these hindlegs. I still don't believe that THESE are my legs."Gah! I can't believe this is happening to me. What is going on!" I exclaimed aloud hoping for a answer, unfortunately there was no answer to recieve back. Suddenly my throat start to feel dry. Time to quench my thrist. Slowly as I take baby steps trying not to fall flat on my face again. Strolling along the forest I convey my surrounding of the forest wondering if I'm still in college or lost in the middle of a forest mountain, left to die perhaps? Maybe I'm the result of some strange government experiment?.......What am I? A two-demensional charater? Well the sooner I get water, The better I can think. I listen to hear something close, it's a faint sound of splashing and running water. I follow the sound as it grew louder. Every step the sound of rushing water tickle my ear, until finally I came to a small stream river.

"Finally! Sweet, sweet nector. Thank you Lord in heaven!" I ran to the stream, I tripped falling head first in the river. I pull my head out of the water fresh and cool down."Ah man! I'd never felt so good to dunk my head in fresh water." I wipe the water from my eyes. Cuping my hands....Claws to the water looking to see the water is crystal clear as I take a drink. "That hit the spot. Now all I need is get some-." Something catch my eye, I see something in the river. An image I can make out.





It has long, but short brown hair. Golden brown scales,with brown spikes and dark brown color eyes. It also wears a black jacket and staring intensly at me. I look behind me nothing there, then I look back at the river. It was still there. I held out my claws, It held out it's claw. I touch my face and it's touches it face.

I realize too late what it was "It's... me." I bump my head." It's my reflection! So that must mean..........I'm a dragon! Is that all it is?!" I smiled. Stood up for a moment to take in the gravity of my situation.



Five.


Four.


Three.


Two.


One.

I slam my claws to my head and scream.





I ran frantically back and forth. " OH MY CELESTIA! I'M A DRAGON! WHAT THE HAY IS GOING ON?! WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?!Is this a dream? Is this real? It can't be! It just can't be h-" My though interupt me when I stop."Wait a minute." I thought "Why did I say 'what the hay' and did I say 'oh my celestia'? No.nononononono. It can't be. No way I can be there! There just no way I can be-" My thought was interupt by a voice I heard.


"Hey!"

I look around to find where did I heard the voice.

"Hey! Help!" the voice said. I look to the direction where the voice was calling."Is somepony there! Help me!" I jogged toward the direction, until I stop at a well.

"Hello! I'm here! Where are you?!" I called out.

"Down here!" The voice came from the well.

I went to the well and look down to see. It was too dark to tell who was down there."Hello. How did you get down there?" I asked.

"I was trying to pour the water into the well, I slip fell into the bucket and fell halfway down. Please sir help me. I'm scared."

"Don't worry." I responded looking at the rope in the well. " I'm going to lower the rope down and you grab the bucket!"

"Hurry, it's getting cold." The voice said.

I grab the rope that laid beside the well and started to lower it as best I could get it down."Can you reach it now?!" I asked again.

"It's still a little high to reach!" The voice responded.

I start to get worried on how to get this person out of the well. Just then I notice I have a tail with an arrow head. I quickly tied the end of the rope around my tail."Hold on! I'll have you out in know time!" As I finish tighting the rope around my tail.

"Please. I want to see my mommy again!" The small voice pleaded.

It's a child? I got to get this done fast. I walk backward so my tail can stretch out with the rope. It was painful to say the least. I can fill the weight of the person from the rope as it pull my tail.

"Got it.'' The child called out.

"Hold on!" I called back. I walk forward drag my hindlegs by the sheer weight of the person. It not that heavy, yet it not to light either. I continue to pull, a pain shoots to my tail to my back. The sensation is like being kick in......well, you know where. Anyway back to the situation at hand. I kept on pulling. I start to hear something that startled me. I look back to see the rope is starting to tear. I pull harder trying get the child out before the rope breaks. Just when I'm on the break to collapse, I fell feeling the rope is loose.

I got up to look at what happened. I see a bucket and hopefully the child by the well. "Are you o.k.? Are you hurting or anything?"I ask in a calm voice not to frighten the child as I walk towards him/her. As I got close I saw the person was.....not person persay more of a pony. It has eyelashes so it's female. It's a filly, her coat is light purple with turquoise and light green mane.

"Yeah, I'm o.k." the filly said looking down."Thank you mister...You really helped me out of there." She told me while panting for breath.

I'm a little shock at what I see, but I recompose myself. "It's nothing,really. just glad you're safe." Doing my best not to brag.

The filly breathing return to normal."No really, thank you very much sir. Anyway what youuuuuuurrr-" She turn to see me. Her eyes wided as her blue pupils shrinks. Her body Start to shiver. She was terrified at the sight that stand before her.

I look at her confused at what she is frightened of? "What is it." I asked with concern.

"AH! DRAGON!" The filly scream!


"What dragon? Where?" I question looking around me.


"Help! The dragon going to eat me!" The filly scream as she gallop away from me.

"Wait!" I call back. Running after her, I trip over the rope that was still tied to my tail. I suddenly understand what she was screaming about. As I turn to untied the rope, I start to get angry with my myself. "How can I be so stupid! How can I completely forgot that I am a dragon." I stop and think about "Why do I care so much?". Well now, I can get my baring on where I am. There no doubt about it anymore. This place, where I am. This is Equestria. Either, this is a dream or I went crazy and I'm hallucinating all this.

Just then I look towards the sky and heard a sound as I saw a cyan with rainbow streak past by the forest. I saw that as a warning an took cover in brushes."If thats who I think it is, I'm screw." I look back to my jacket and got an idea. "Maybe it time to fly."I said grinning. I took off my jacket holding it in my arm. I look at my bare back, I see three godzilla like spike in the middle, yet no wings to fly away. My grin fade to a frown. In the words of Cynthia Martinez as Lina Inverse in Slayers Glorious.

"Oh.That. Just! GREAT!"



TO BE CONTINUE?

Comments ( 5 )

Well, at least its not another "I got turned into a female pony!" story

I like it go on:moustache:

Protip: Your prologue should not be longer than your other chapters.

I'll try better next time.

More good

Login or register to comment