• Published 28th Jul 2018
  • 2,879 Views, 41 Comments

A Mother's Touch - doomie-22



Sweetie Belle struggles to get closer to her sister in the midst of a tragedy that hits too close to home. Meanwhile, Rarity struggles to make a better life for her sister and herself in the midst of said crisis.

  • ...
30
 41
 2,879

Sweetie's Decision

Rarity didn't hear anything else the guard said after that. His words went in one ear and out the other. All she heard was gibberish, intelligible talk. She felt as if somepony had ripped out her heart and set it aflame, then trampled on it, yet somehow she felt her heart beat faster. Her breathing became heavy, making her chest hurt and making it hard to breathe.

“Is there anypony you would like for me to contact?” the guard asked.

“No,” Rarity breathed out. It was so barely audible that it might as well have been a whisper.

The guard nodded. “We're terribly sorry, ma'am. If there's anything we can do, please let us know.”

Rarity nodded slowly, watching them go before shutting the front door. She turned to look down at Sweetie Belle, who seemed to be having a hard time processing what she’d just heard. At long last, Sweetie spoke.

“Rarity?” she said hesitantly. “Weren't . . . weren’t Mom and Dad on their way to Manehattan when they left?”

“Well . . .” Her hooves were trembling. “Well, yes . . . they were . . . But that doesn’t mean . . . it doesn’t . . .” She couldn't even bring herself to say what it almost assuredly meant.

Sweetie knew it was true. She threw her hooves around Rarity, the only source of comfort she could think of.

“Rarity . . .” Sweetie was fighting back tears, but not quite succeeding. “Mama . . . Daddy . . .”

Rarity tried to hush her, but she wasn't in much of a better condition than Sweetie was. She rubbed Sweetie’s back as she cried on her shoulder. “Hush now, Sweetums . . . It’s okay . . . Everything’s . . . okay . . .” To Sweetie’s surprise, Rarity lifted her, one hoof under her rear, the other holding her head against her shoulder. While Sweetie sobbed into her shoulder, Rarity carried her up the stairs. “I'm . . . sure that . . . that if we just wait until tomorrow morning . . . everything will be cleared up, and everything will be fine. I’m sure they just got the wrong address. Don’t worry, Sweetums . . . It’s okay . . . It’ll be okay . . .”

They went into Sweetie’s room, where they sat down on the bed. Rarity kept hanging on to Sweetie and started rocking back and forth, quietly hushing her.

After a few minutes of sobbing, Sweetie gradually started to calm down. The shock of what she had heard was wearing off. She didn’t know for sure that her parents were dead. The guards might have simply gotten the wrong address. Rarity was right. Things would turn out okay. Once Sweetie had calmed down, Rarity set her down on the bed beside her. She looked Sweetie in the eye and ran her hooves through her mane.

“Now, Sweetie, we don’t anything for sure. There are probably dozens of trains between here and Manehattan. We don’t know that was Mother and Father's train. They’re probably already in Manehattan, and since it’s nearing nighttime over there, they’re probably already asleep. Don't worry. We should just wait until tomorrow when we can find out more. Now try to sleep, Sweetie. Good night.” She kissed Sweetie’s forehead and walked out, turning off the light as she left.

Sweetie got into bed and tried to rest. The bed was unbelievably comfortable, but she wasn’t really thinking about that. Her mind kept wandering to her parents. She couldn’t help feeling that they were dead. She tried not to think about it, but she couldn’t help it. She started crying again, but not as bad as before. Nevertheless, she was very tired. She fell asleep whimpering.

That night, Sweetie had a very strange dream. She was in a dark room. Really, she was just more or less standing in blackness. There was nothing around, literally. She was all alone. She called out for her mom and dad, but nopony responded. She felt very cold and sad.


Applejack wiped the sweat off her brow and gazed proudly at the baskets that lied underneath the tree, full to the brim with fresh, juicy apples. Propping one of them up on her head, she proceeded to the house. She jumped when Rarity suddenly appeared in front of her.

“I need to talk to you, now,” Rarity cried.

“Well, I–” Applejack began. She was cut off in mid-thought as Rarity grabbed her and dragged her to the nearest barn. When she came to a stop, she angrily swatted Rarity's hoof away and glared at her. 'Con sarn it, Rarity, what in tarnation–” She stopped when she saw the expression on Rarity's face, causing hers to soften considerably. “Hey, ya okay, sugarcube? Ya look like yer about ta cry.”

Instead of answering, Rarity fell against Applejack's chest and wept while the latter gently patted and rubbed her head, whispering words of comfort.

“There, there, sugarcube,” Applejack said gently. Picking Rarity up, she carried the unicorn over to a haybale and set her down. “Now, why don't you tell me what's wrong with you? What's goin' on?”

It took over a half hour for Rarity to compose herself to a point where she was able to tell Applejack all about finding out about the fact that her parents were dead.

Reluctantly, even though she knew it had to be asked, Applejack asked, “Does Sweetie Belle know?”

“Oh, yes, she knows,” Rarity sniffled and dabbed at her eyes with a few strands of her curly mane.

“Ah can tell you from experience that somethin' like this ain't easy to cope with, Rares, especially for somepony's as young as Sweetie Belle."

“That's what I'm worrying anout. How did Apple Bloom react when you told her that her parents were dead? How did you deal with it?”

“There's no right or wrong way of dealing with the death of a loved one, sugarcube, especially a parental figure, at least not that Ah'm aware of. We waited quite a while ta tell 'er. Shoot, Ah was just a little foal when they passed away, them bein' my Mom and Pop, of course.” She cleared her throat. “Anyway, Ah was still going through the grieving process by the time Ah told Apple Bloom. Ah was so torn up that Ah had a hard time talkin'.”

“So, how did she react when she found out?”

Applejack thought for a moment or two, pacing back and forth. Sighing, she sat down in front of Rarity. “Poor thing was so upset. We tried talkin' to 'er about it, but that just upset her more. But Ah figured It'd be best if she heard it from us than anypony else. If Ah can offer a bit of advice: Don't try to push Sweetie Belle to talk to you about it. She'll probably be mighty upset for the next couple of days, so give 'er some time ta cool down and then try talkin' to 'er. Be calm and nonjudgmental. Don't raise your voice. Don't criticize her. Try to be as supportive as possible and watch what ya say.”

Rarity nodded her head, mentally jotting down all of the pointers that Applejack was giving her. “Got it.”

“What about the funeral?” Applejack asked Rarity. “What are ya gonna do then?”

The marshmallow unicorn sadly shook her head. “Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Bi Still have to plan for that,then don't I?” She stared at the ground, her head in her hooves while she continued to sit on top of the haybale that Applejack had placed her on.

Applejack sat down beside her and gently patted her back. “Don't worry, sugarcube. We'll think of something. Do the rest of our friends know?”

“No. You're the first to know. I figured that, with your experience with this sort of thing, you'd know what to do.”

“Well, Ah ain't an expert by any means, but Ah hope Ah was able to help ya a little.”

Rarity nodded. “You were. Thank you.” She leaned forward and nuzzled Applejack gently. “Should I tell the rest of our friends?”

“Well, that is really a matter of family, but if ya really need yer friends to help ya through this, we'll be more than happy to help y'all.”

“Thank you again, Applejack. I'd best be going.”

“See ya later, sugarcube. If ya ever need anythin', let me know.”

“I will.” While not completely satisfied with how the conversation had turned out, she was at least happy that she had shared the tragedy with a friend. She had been able to get some things off her chest and had been able to get some advice about what the next step should be, that being planning the funeral. Though Applejack had given her some solid advice on how to go about coping with the Denise of her parents, as well as help Sweetie cope with it,, she figured that actually approaching Sweetie about it and talking about it together with her was going to be hard.

After arriving home, she went upstairs to check on Sweetie Belle. The little filly was still sleeping soundly in her bed. Once she knew that Sweetie was safe and sound, she went to her room to do some thinking. Pacing back and forth, she wondered exactly how she should go about planning for her parents' funeral, or whether she should even have a funeral for them at all. No, not going through with the funeral would be a terrible idea, and she didn't want Sweetie to be upset at losing out on the chance to say her final goodbyes to their parents. Before she knew it, she was mentally battling with herself about what she should do.

Her rational side said, “Go ahead and go ahead with the funeral. It's for the best. It's important that Sweetie Belle get the chance to say goodbye to Mother and Father. She deserves at least that much.”

Her emotional side said, “But I don't want to put her through any more emotional distress than she's already been through. She's only a child. Children shouldn't be worried about having to lay their parents to rest, especially a filly at her age. She should be laughing and running around and having fun with her friends, not trying to cope with the death of her parents. No, it's best if I just put it off until she's older, that way she'll be able to cope with it better.”

“You really think being older makes one more capable of dealing with the death of a family member?” her rational side asked. “If anything, having her go through it right now would help with the coping process. After all, she's not stupid. She's been knwon to be quite intelligent for a filly her agem I'm sure she'd be able to find a good way to deal with the boss of her parents. Apple Bloom has been through this same thing. Surely she would be able to help Sweetie Belle out."

“Still,” she argued, “thank Celestia that Mother and Father insisted on her staying behind. Yes, she does have her moments where she can be unbearably annoying, as all children can be, but I still love her a great deal and I'm thankful that she wasn't involved with the accident.” She shook her head. “I should Grant her the chance of getting to say goodbye to Mother and Father properly rather than not going through with the funeral. Ugh!! What in Equestira is the matter with me?!! I'm a terrible, terrible big sister! First I completely forget about going to her soccer game after promising her I'd be there, then I spend a whole day doing nothing but constantly getting onto her over trivial matters! Oh, Rarity, you are so stupid sometimes, you know that?!”

“Exactly my point,” her rational side said. “If you truly loved your little sister, you would let her say goodbye to Mother and Father and help her through the coping process. That's what you're here for, isn't it?”

She nodded her head. “Well, yes, but I don't want to ruin the rest of her vacation by dropping a huge weight like that on her hooves. It can wait until after vacation, can't it?”

“But by then, all of Ponyville will probably know and everypony she comes into contact with will be telling her how sorry they are about her loss, and she'll be upset that she didn't get the chance to say goodbye to Mother and Father. Besides that, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo will probably ask her how she's doing since their death. She has friends that she hangs out during the summer, doesn't she?”

“Yes, but Apple Bloom is busy putting on a play and Scootaloo at some kind of summer camp in Cloudsdale. Sweetie's helping Apple Bloom with her play by acting in it, but even then, that will only provide a small distraction from the death of her parents.”

“You have to let her attend her parents' funeral and allow her to go through the grieving process by doing so. It's the right thing to do. If you don't, it means you don't love her.”

“But I don't want to upset her any more than she already is. I just couldn't live with myself knowing that I had brought the great weight of saying goodbye to Mother and Father for the final time onto her. Making her have to go through the ordeal of saying goodbye to her parents would completely destroy her whole world. Does not making her go through that mean that I love her too? After all, I would be saving her from a lot of heartache and pain by doing so.”

“Depriving her of the chance to say goodbye to Mother and Father would only hurt her more. Yes, letting her go through with it will hurt, but not as much as it will if you deprive ehr of the chance to say goodbye to her parents and go through the grieving process. So, are you going to help your sister through the grieving process?"

She shook her head. “I don't know, I'm still not sure. Maybe, but I'll need some time. Perhaps I should give myself some time, if just to get my thoughts together, before making funerla preparations."

“Very well, then.”

Sighing, she headed off to the kitchen, feeling the need to calm herself down. “Where's that vanilla oat swirl ice cream?” she asked, looking in the fridge.


Sweetie woke up the next morning to a very strange feeling. Something seemed wrong, but she couldn’t tell what it was. Her room was warm, what, with it being summer and all, but she felt chilly and a little damp. It took her a minute to realize what it was, and she couldn't even believe it when she figured it out. She had wet the bed! She hadn’t done that in years!

Sweetie simply sat there, staring at the spot on the covers in utter disbelief when Rarity walked in. She looked up at her older sister with wide eyes. She moved her mouth to try to explain, but she couldn’t manage to say anything.

Rarity looked surprised for a minute, but she quickly regained her composure. “Why don’t you change out of that soggy diaper and take a quick shower. I’ll take care of this.”

It was then that Sweetie noticed Rarity looked very tired, making her think that maybe she hadn’t gotten much sleep last night. “I . . . I’m sorry . . .” She hadn't mean to do it! It was just an accident.

Sweetie got out of bed. Her crotch was soaked, making her feel terribly embarrassed, especially sinxe the dark spot around her crotch made her accident all the more obvious. She couldn’t think of anything else to say, so she went into the bathroom.

Sweetie couldn’t stop crying while she showered. She wasn’t that concerned about how she wet the bed, though. She was too busy thinking about her parents. Regardless of that, wetting the bed was still very embarrassing. At the time, she’d been focused on her parents. She had basically given up hope that they were alive. Granted, nothing had really convinced her; she just felt it.

Sweetie dried off after her shower and began crying again. She looked in the mirror and examined her reddened eyes. She noticed her mane was messed up. Despite everything, she took a comb and hair spray and fixed it up. She then took to caring for her tail for a minute. It felt good to do something to distract her from what was going on.

She went back into her room. She noticed that Rarity had changed the sheets. Rarity was sitting on the edge of the bed, staring down at the floor. She looked up when Sweetie walked in. She didn't even have to say anything. She confirmed what Sweetie had already felt was true. Sweetie could see it in Rarity’s eyes. Sweetie ran over to her and hugged her tightly. Rarity patted her back and they both cried. Their parents were dead.


The rest of the day was mostly a blur. Rarity was busy working on filling orders, meaning Sweetie was left with nothing to do. It was just as well, seeing as how she didn’t feel like doing much anyway. She sat on the couch in a ball of self-pity while she flipped through a magazine. The weather outside matched her mood; it had gotten cloudy and it’d started raining. That would have made her feel worse, but she felt just about as lousy as a pony could feel at the time. During the day, she wondered what was going to happen to her. Without her parents, where would she go? She didn’t have any other family that she knew of, besides maybe Rarity. Both of her parents were dead. Her last grandparent had died two years ago. Thoughts of foster homes and orphanages terrorized her.

That evening, Rarity came out of her inspiration room to talk to Sweetie, who set the magazine aside. Rarity’s cheeks seemed almost as tear-streaked as Sweetie’s did. Rarity sat down on the couch next to Sweetie and started to talk. “Sweetie, I got something in the mail today from Mother and Father’s lawyer. It was about . . . well, about you.” She looked at Sweetie and smiled a little. “I bet you’ve been trying to figure out where you’re going to stay now. It’s a good thing Mother and Father thought about that kind of thing. I bet you’ve been thinking about it all day.”

Sweetie nodded.

“Well,” Rarity continued, “I’m sure they thought about a lot of different options, and they decided that they wouldn’t have wanted you to be raised by strangers in a foster home. So, if it’s okay with you, it’s been decided that I will take care of you.”

Sweetie was struck dumb on the spot. It appeared as if there was a silver lining! Of all the terrible fates she had thought of that day, she had never once imagined that she would get to stay with Rarity. That made her feel a little better. Rarity was right, too. Living with Rarity is what her parents would have wanted. Rarity was a wonderful pony, and she could provide Sweetie with everything she would ever need. It was the best news she could have received!

Sweetie started crying again. She thought Rarity might have misunderstood her actions because she asked, “Is that all right with you, Sweetie Belle?"

Sweetie leaped on Rarity’s lap and gave her a big hug. “Of course it is, Rarity!” Sweetie was crying pretty hard while Rarity rubbed her back with her hooves, but Sweetie was smiling.

Sweetie went to bed with mixed feelings that night. Just before she had put her to bed, Rarity had told her that there was going to be a funeral service for their parents tomorrow morning. Sure, she wasn't looking forward to never seeing her parents again, but it was going to be pretty good living with Rarity. Of everything that could have happened to her, that was definitely the best thing. She was going to be spending a lot of time with her favorite pony. She was worn out, so she fell asleep fairly quickly.

That night, Sweetie had another dream. It started out the same as the one the night before, all dark and cold, but while she was calling out for somepony to help her, Rarity came out of nowhere and picked her up in her hooves. She cradled Sweetie in her hooves and rocked her back and forth. She felt very happy in Rarity’s hooves. She felt safe and comfortable.

Sweetie woke up to the same sensation she’d woken up to the night before. She realized quickly that she had once again wet the bed, but there was something else: She had been sleeping with her hoof in her mouth! She pulled it out and tried to figure out what to do about the bed. Two nights in a row? Surely Rarity would get upset this time. Once could have been an accident, but not twice. While she was trying to figure out what to do, Rarity walked in. Sweetie had to admit, she had very good timing.

Sweetie started to stammer out an explanation, but couldn’t get beyond, “I . . . but . . . I . . . this . . . I . . .” She felt so ashamed.

Rarity didn’t react very much. She had carried in a black dress, which she set down on a chair beside her. “Oh, dear.” She bit her hoof and shook her head slightly. “Take a quick shower and put this dress on. I’ll clean this up.”

Sweetie got out of bed silently and took the dress into the bathroom.

She mentally kicked herself while she showered. What did Rarity think about her? Rarity couldn’t possible let this go by unnoticed. Two nights in a row was not an accident; it was a problem. But what was going on anyway? She’d never wet the bed before. It’d been at least eight years since she’d wet the bed. It wasn’t fair. She wondered about how Rarity would punish her. She got a little scared, but she didn’t think Rarity could really be that mean.

She got out and took a long time getting herself ready. She made sure her coat was neat. She combed her mane half a dozen times. She worked on her tail until she was sure it was perfect. She wasn’t in much of a hurry to get to where she was going. She started putting on the dress, but she stopped when she got to the sash. She couldn’t tie it. She thought about maybe going to ask Rarity for help, but didn’t think she’d know how to do it. Rarity had probably assumed she could tie it herself. She walked out to ask for Rarity’s help.

Rarity was sitting on the bed again (she had changed the sheets) and she was wearing a black dress. She looked at Sweetie as she walked in. “Um . . . Rarity . . . can . . . can you help me . . . with the . . . with the . . . sash?”

Rarity smiled a little and walked over. She knelt down in front of Sweetie and tied it. She was pretty good at it. “There you go, Sweetie.”

Sweetie thanked her.

“I’ll go fix you your breakfast,” Rarity said. She pecked Sweetie on the head, then left the room.

After a while, Sweetie went downstairs. Rarity was waiting with breakfast: cold cereal. Granted, it was Sweetie’s favorite kind (Sugar Hoops), but she had her hopes set on some of Rarity’s cooking.

“I’m sorry, Sweetie,” Rarity said, “I just didn’t have any time to cook anything.”

Sweetie tried not to be noticeably upset, but she thought Rarity could tell she was disappointed. “It’s okay.” Even to herself, she didn’t sound very convincing. She sat down and sullenly began to eat. Rarity didn’t say anything, and neither did Sweetie. It was a very depressing meal.

After they had finished, the two of them departed from the Carousel Boutique and started heading towards the funeral parlor in silence. Sweetie was trying with everything she had not to cry. She had cried enough yesterday. She had decided that she wouldn't cry anymore. Upon getting to the funeral parlor, they saw a large crowd of ponies who knew their parents. Some of them Sweetie vaguely recognized. There were a lot of ponies talking in the entryway, mostly about what a tragedy it was. Dozens of ponies came up to Sweetie and Rarity and said how sorry they were and offered their condolences. Sweetie knew she’d met a few of them before, but she couldn’t remember anypony’s name at the moment. The only ponies she recognized were Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, their parents, Rarity’s friends, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo. Through all that, Sweetie didn’t cry. When the service began, and ponies began to speak about how great her parents were, she didn’t cry. When Rarity went up to speak and she talked, she didn’t cry. When Mayor Mare came up and spoke, she didn't cry. It was hard. She wanted to cry, but didn’t.

There was a small meal paid for by Rarity, and then everypony left. When they parted, Sweetie was told again how sorry everypony was. Sweetie was sorry, too. Rarity and Sweetie walked out of the cemetery. They were both ready to go home. Before they left, however, Rarity turned to Sweetie and said, “It’s okay if you want to cry, Sweetie.” Her kind words finally broke Sweetie. She started crying. She couldn’t help it at that point. All the sadness she had built up during the day was being released. Rarity hugged her until she was done.


The sun was starting to set by the time they got home. (Sweetie had slept late that morning.) Rarity and Sweetie went inside and read for a little while. It started getting late, and Sweetie was beginning to yawn. Rarity walked in and sat down on the couch, then she turned to Sweetie. “Sweetie Belle... we have to talk about something.”

“Yeah?”

“Well . . . it’s about your . . . bed-wetting.”

Uh-oh. Here it comes. Sweetie gulped. “Rarity, I swear it’s never happened before! I’m so sorry!” Rarity shushed her.

“Sweetie Belle, I understand. Don’t worry, I believe you.” She picked Sweetie up and set her little sister in her lap. “You’ve just been through a very traumatic experience. It’s perfectly understandable for you to have some problems adjusting. I’m not mad, and I’m not going to punish you.” She smiled, and nuzzled Sweetie’s nose. “However, we do need to do something. I’m running out of sheets. I think, Sweetie Belle, that the best solution would be for you to wear something to protect the bed until you get over this. Namely, diapers.”

Sweetie shot straight up. “Diapers!?” Rarity hushed her and had her lay back down in her hooves.

“I know you don’t like the idea, but you have to understand that we have to do something, and I think that’s the best way to protect the bed. It’s okay, Sweetie Belle. You’ll only wear them until you get over this problem. It’s not a bad thing, Sweetie Belle. You’re not a baby or anything!”

Sweetie didn't notice Rarity’s explanations, though. Her reaction to Rarity’s proposition wasn’t exactly the way she interpreted it. She was just surprised, not upset. In fact, the idea seemed somehow appealing. She didn’t understand why, so she quickly rationalized that it was the only way to protect the bed and the sheets. Rarity was looking hopefully at her and she decided to agree, though she tried to make it sound like she didn’t want to do it. “Okay, Rarity. I guess you’re right. I'll wear the diapers."

“I’m glad you agree, Sweetie Belle. If you’re ready, let’s get you prepped for bed.”

Sweetie nodded. Despite how late she’d slept, she was a tired little filly. The whole experience of going to her parents' funeral had been pretty taxing.

They walked up to Sweetie’s room. Rarity asked Sweetie to sit on the bed while she went and got a few things. While Sweetie waited, she tried to figure out why this wasn’t upsetting her. She didn’t reach any conclusions before Rarity came back with a lot of stuff.

“Okay, Sweetie Belle. Stand up for a second.” Sweetie did, and Rarity laid a plastic mat on her bed. Something seemed very wrong about this, but Sweetie couldn’t put her hoof on it yet. “Okay, now sit there, Sweetie Belle." Sweetie did.

That’s when Sweetie realized it. Rarity was going to diaper her! She yelped in surprise and tried to push Rarity’s hooves away. “Hold on, Rarity! I didn’t know you were going to put it on me. I thought I was going to put it on!”

Rarity grinned at her. “Sweetie Belle, I can’t imagine you’ve done much babysitting, right?”

“Well, I haven’t done any.”

“I thought as much. I also bet you don't even know how to put a diaper on. Am I right?”

“I . . . I didn’t really . . . think about that.”

She nodded and smiled. “That’s okay, Sweetie Belle. But you’re going to have to let me put this on you. You can't do it, and if you try, it could leak and that would defeat the whole purpose, right?”

“I . . . guess it would.”

“Right. Now just sit back, and this will be over in a minute. And there’s no need to be embarrassed. I’ve changed your diapers plenty of times back when you were a little foal when I was babysitting you while Mother and Father were out of the house. There’s nothing I haven’t seen before." Rarity giggled and Sweetie blushed bright red. “And besides, it's very mature of you to be so willing to try to find a solution to your problem.” Sweetie acquiesced, and laid back.

Sweetie stared at the ceiling. She was about as embarrassed as she figured she could be, but some weird part of her didn’t mind this. Rarity took a bit of talcum powder (baby powder as Sweetie knew it) and sprinkled it on Sweetie’s crotch. Sweetie yelped, but Rarity didn’t notice. Then she picked up the biggest disposable diaper Sweetie had ever seen. She lifted Sweetie’s legs with her magic, and slipped the diaper under Sweetie’s butt, like a baby. Sweetie was impressed at her strength. Rarity threaded her tail through the tail hole. She let Sweetie’s legs down and taped up the diaper. Once Sweetie was in it, she started to absorb the feelings. Her seat was padded, and there was material bunched up between her legs, and she could feel the padding on the inside of the diaper against her skin. It was strange, but somehow familiar. The talcum that wafted up to her nose as she kicked her legs about, trying to get comfortable with the bulkiness of the diaper between her legs, was a little comforting.

While Sweetie sat there absorbing her feelings, Rarity pulled one of her blue T-shirts over her head. “I think it’s a little warm for you to wear your flannel pajamas, don’t you? I imagine you were a little hot the last two nights.” She was right; Sweetie had been warm. “Well, climb into bed, Sweetie Belle.” Rarity tucked her in, and gave her a kiss on the forehead. “Goodnight, Sweetie Belle.” She left and turned out the lights.

All Sweetie had was the half moon coming in through her window. As she often did late at night, she began to think about the general nature of things. Her parents were gone, and she was dealing with their deaths. She was going to live with Rarity from now on. And at this moment in time, Rarity had her in diapers. A certain part of her screamed at how wrong it was for her to be in diapers, but part of her didn’t mind. Part of her kind of liked the idea. She was trying her best to ignore it, but it was persistent. She was arguing with herself. She was arguing about whether it was good that she was changed by Rarity. Part of her enjoyed being changed like that, but not in a sexual way. She felt safe. She felt comfortable. She felt taken care of. She reached down and felt the front of her diaper. It was very soft; padding on the inside, plastic on the outside. It was very strange to be wearing that and a T-shirt and nothing else. She giggled for a second at the thought of being a baby again and being taken care of by Rarity. That idea seemed very pleasing to her. She chuckled and grinned, then laid back and went to sleep.

Sweetie had another dream that night, but she didn't remember it. All she remembered was feeling very safe and happy. That was the feeling she had when she woke up. She noticed immediately that she had her hoof in her mouth again. She popped it out and noticed that she wasn't feeling wet like before! She was very happy until she touched the front of her diaper and noticed that she was indeed wet. It just felt different because she was wearing a diaper. She stepped out of bed and went to the mirror. She looked at herself: her blue T-shirt stopped right above her diaper (which was sagging slightly) and left a bit of her tummy exposed. The pale yellow color of the diaper indicated that she had used it for its intended purpose. Coincidentally, the color of the T-shirt she had on could only have been classified as "baby blue." She chuckled.

She smiled at her reflection in the mirror. She wasn't embarrassed at all. She put her hoof back in her mouth and started sucking on it, watching herself in the mirror as she did so. She closed her eyes while she sucked on her hoof. And then she realized she had to go to the bathroom again. Well, she figured, seeing as how she was wearing a diaper and it was already wet . . . She fought with herself for a minute. Her rational side said, “What are you thinking? Are you going to wet that diaper voluntarily?! Why?” But her other side just said “Oh, it’s okay. It’s already wet. A little more won’t hurt it.” Eventually, she gave in.

The feeling was really kind of nice. Her urine hit the inside of her diaper and spread out around the surrounding area, making it very warm. She closed her eyes and sucked on her hoof again while she wet her diaper. When she was finished, she looked in the mirror again and noticed that her diaper had started to sag slightly more. Once again, she was caught by a weird urge; she decided that it might be fun to get down on all four of her hooves and try crawling. So, she crawled around her room for a minute and it was fun! Her T-shirt was hanging down and she couldn’t stop from smiling. Just for fun, she decided to see what she looked like without the T-shirt on. She threw it off and looked at herself in the mirror.

She loved the way she looked in the mirror. The best part was she could see little bits of white fur on her inner thighs, just below her diaper. She got on all four of her hooves again to see how she looked from behind. Her curly two-toned tail stuck out of the hole in her diaper and she couldn't help but chuckle at how she looked. It was then that she decided that she liked wearing diapers, and acting like a baby. She didn’t know how she reached this decision, but she did. She started imagining herself in babyish positions. She felt good doing it. And as soon as Rarity came back in, she was going to tell her, and she hoped Rarity wouldn't think she was crazy.