• Published 26th Jul 2018
  • 3,075 Views, 146 Comments

Equestria Girls' Bizarre Adventure:Stars of the Phoenix - Zillafire101



Sunset and the her friends come to gain new abilities and powers, called Stands, when a mysterious force arrives in town, and brings with it destruction and misery.

  • ...
5
 146
 3,075

The World of Renegade Part 2

About one year ago, during the Canterlot High band battle.
Astral Force walked along the streets, humming along to a song in his head. He was noticeably different from before his fight with Sunset, thinner, less muscle, and had a series of purple tattoos along his face, neck and arms. His hair, was a dull black, and his eyes dull blue. Other then the tattoos, he wouldn't have stuck out from the rest of the students. He looked around, before walking into an alleyway, making a left turn out of sight, and meeting with five other figures, each with their own purple tattoos. He smiled broadly at them, they, in turn, smirking and smiling at him.

"Hey guys, what's happening?" He asked excitedly.

"We just have a thing to ask you." The leader said. He was a taller man, a few years older then Astral, with blond hair and a loose fitting pair of black pants and a brown blazer. "A favor."

"Whatever you need." Astral said with a shrug.

"You see Astral, you've been a very good friend to us." The man explained. "A very great friend in fact. Stealing a few things, even willing to spend nights in jail and detention centers for us. We're really grateful."

The man took a deep breath, as though thinking out his next words, before circling his left hand slightly. "But I have one more favor to ask friend. A big one. A lady needs to be knocked down a peg. Harshly. You get it?"

Astral's mouth opened slightly in shock. "You mean...attack her?"

"Yeah, see, she's done some stuff, that, would get me in serious trouble." The man explained. "I just need her in the hospital for a bit, to let this all blow over."

"I...I don't like this." Astral said. "Stealing and stuff is one thing, but this...I...I don't think I can."

"Astral, after all our time together..." The man began, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, but attacking people is just something I won't do." Astral said, shaking his head and holding up his hands. "Count me out on this one."

He quickly turned and walked away, as the man glared at his back, before a cold smile crossed his lips. He was rather youthful in appearance for someone fresh out of high school. He nodded to himself, as the rest of the gang watched him nervously, before he stood and left them.


A week later, Astral had been walking alone, having not seen his friends in quite a while. The thought of attacking someone for no reason was repulsive to him, and he just couldn't bring himself to do it. He walked along, before seeing friend, the leader of the group, but with black, slicked back hair, similar to his. He was standing in the shadows of the alley, barely visible, as Astral stopped and froze at the sight of him.

"You look different," Astral said, scratching his head. "What's the occasion?"

"Oh, it's a surprise for later." His friend said with a chuckle. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry about everything."

"That's alright. Anything else you need doing?" Astral asked.

"No, you've been perfect so far, no need to change." His friend said, shaking his head, as he turned and began to walk away. "Just do what you always do."

Astral was at first confused by this, but would so find out why his friend was talking so funny and acting so strange. A few hours later, Astral had been dragged away by police. Apparently, a women had been beaten near-dead by a man with black hair and purple tattoos late at night, according to several witnesses. Astral now knew the full extent of everything, but his attempts to point police in the right direction did not work. His friend was back to sporting his usual hair color when the police picked him up. There was no way the two could be confused.

All his past records, all his past criminal sentences, all of it had come back now. There was no light sentence or mercy today. Astral, after his latest stint, was to be sent to prison. A death sentence for him. If he got out a live, there would be no future for him, nothing to go back to. He looked out the jail cell window, up at the starry night and moon, before turning back to his cell, shaking his head.

As he sat alone in his jail cell, he began to sob to himself, head buried in his hands. Why had everything gone so wrong. He wished he could've said good bye to his mother, or done something different, but now, he was doomed. He stopped crying, as he felt a presence standing over him. He looked up slowly, trembling slightly, as a tall, muscular figure stood over him, dressed in a grey and black suit, with a blood red tie, his face hidden in shadow. The man studied him closely, before speaking a deep, groaning voice.

"You are abandoned, yes?"

Astral considered his words briefly, before nodding. "Yeah. No one's wanted me. Been tossed away a lot. Even my poor ma can barely put up with me..."

"I understand such feelings." The man said with a nod, pulling up a seat. "Many are left to rot in the darkness, out of sight, by others."

The man pointed at him. "Even those who sometimes call themselves friends will throw others away. I knew this feeling all to well."

A note of bitterness echoed in his last sentence, as he shook his head. Astral looked at him, both mesmerized and confused by his appearance and mannerisms. Behind him, there was a shifting, as a figure briefly appeared, before vanishing out of sight. Astral looked back at the man, as he held up a golden arrow, with strange runes and markings, and a scorpion on the flat side.

"This arrow has drawn me to many like you. Forgotten, left without purpose." The man explained. "They struggle to find respite, and the arrow offers them another chance. A better future."

"Why, why would you help me though?" Astral asked.

"Because I too have been forgotten and tossed aside by many I trusted." The man explained, bringing the arrow slightly closer, as it caught the moonlight in it's surface. "I had to pull myself up, but most po...people need a helping hand to rise from their lowest point to get to their highest point."

"What do you get out of it though?" Astral asked.

"I merely want you to become something more." The Man explained, tilting his head to the left, almost like a predatory cat studying it's prey. "If you wish to remain where you are, and accept your manipulator's punishment, I will leave you be."

"And if I accept this gift you're giving out?" Astral asked, interested.

"I will see to it that you are freed, and that you can get revenge on those that wronged you." The man said. "After that, your life is your choice."

Astral thought back, on how the guy used him, on how his "friend" had left him to rot in jail and juv-e so many times, while he got away scot free. Astral clenched a fist tightly in front of him, as he looked up at the man, nodding slightly.

"I accept. Whatever it is you want, I accept." He said,


An hour later, Astral was released from his holding. Apparently, a second suspect had come forward, who bared a strong resemblance to him, and had no alibi. With the fact there was no way the witnesses could tell them apart, Astral was released due to reasonable doubt, and set free. He wasn't sure how his new benefactor had done it, but Astral was a free man.

He took a deep breath, as he took in the world around him. Everything seemed so clear, so much more vibrant now that he was out and free. He looked around, before a shiny, black car came to a stop in front of him and the prison frontgates, no markings or any identifying markers on it. The back door opened, as Astral looked in shock, before seeing the man from before, still hidden in shadow, beckoning him to come in. Astral cautiously sat down,

The man studied him intently, before pulling out the arrow from before, holding it up to Astral after the door closed, and they began driving away.

"Remember our deal." The man said.

"What do I do?" Astral asked, swearing he could see the arrow twitching ever so slightly in the man's hand, as though trying to jump out of his hand at Astral.

"I left this out at the cell, but you must stab yourself with it." The Man explained, gesturing with the arrow. "This arrow is drawn to those with strong minds and hearts. From them, it brings out their best potential."

"Stab...myself." Astral said slowly.

"Look." The man said, pulling up the buttoned up shirt under his suit, and revealing his abs and stomach, and a gold scar running under his belly button. "This is from my own use of the arrow. From it, I gained a way to attain my desires."

Astral shifted uncomfortably, looking at the man, then the arrow, before grabbing it, and taking it from the man, and looking it over in his palm. After a moment, he stabbed the arrow into his opposite arm, like a syringe, blood shooting out at high speed, hitting the window behind the Man's head, and the seat in front of Astral, energy crackling and sparking from the wound and the arrow, as his vision swam, and he lost consciousness.


Astral awoke in a hospital room, shooting up, as he looked over his body. He had a bandage over where he had stabbed himself, and was being watched over by a doctor some sort, dressed in strange clothing including medical scrubs and a purple shirt with his abdomen revealed, and with eyebrows that resembled tongues of fire.

"Hello, I am Doctor Cabhlaigh Pezuña." The man said with a slight accent. "I work for the same man who helped you. I make sure you stay alive."

"Ugh, thanks."

"No worries, it was all you." The doctor said, lightly smacking on the shoulder with a warm smile. "If you weren't emotionally strong, the arrow would've...meurto."

Astral raised an eyebrow, as the man said nothing, standing, collecting his papers and leaving, as Astral looked on shock.

"Wait, is that it?" Astral asked, surprised.

"No, actually, you've got your first mission." Another voice said behind him.

Seated there, was another guy, about his age. He had green, mechanical goggles over his eyes, a beat up leather jacket over a black jumpsuit of some sort, with the world Miracle going down his chest, from left shoulder to the right side. Astral recoiled slightly, not recalling the guy being there at all. It was if he had just appeared out of thin air.

"The name's Straight Comet." The guy said, tapping his finger tips together. "I was sent by the Boss to make sure you know your mission, and get it done."

"What is it?" Astral asked.

"Now that you're gonna help him, he has to make sure you're ready." Straight Comet said, reaching into his jacket, and pulling out a piece of paper. "If not, I end you."

"Wh...what's the entrance exam?" Astral asked, trying to hide how nervous he was.

"You put an end to your friend." Straight Comet replied, standing up and handing him the paper. "You will use your Stand to accomplish the mission."

"What the heck's a Stand." Astral asked. "How do you guys know all this."

"Just concentrate your energies, and get it done." Straight grumbled, as he began to walk away, his body crystallizing and disappearing from sight, as he lifted a phone to his ear. "Alright, turn the cameras back on, I'm gone."

Astral watched him disappear totally, as he looked over the paper in question.


Astral spent the rest of the day searching, but finally found his "old friend" and where he was hiding out. The walk in the rain, and the slow walk up the stairs seemed to take forever, as Astral raked his brain over what to do and how to approach this whole situation. The conflict in him was like the thunderstorm overhead, emotions clashing and crashing together as he thought over everything. This guy had been a great friend, his only friend for years. They had gotten into so much trouble together. And yet now he was being left out to dry, throw to the dogs when he wasn't needed.

Astral wasn't sure why his friend had to die, but this, despite everything that had happened, would not be easy for Astral. He needed to do this, why wasn't his concern. If he could get in and deal with this, the sooner the better. He made his way up the stairs, past various lounging druggies, and various other unspeakable people, and found the door to his "friend's" apartment.

He put his copied key inside, and opened it up, walking in to a place that was surprisingly clean. He looked around for any sign of the occupant, but as he turned, found himself staring down the barrel of a revolver. His breath stopped in his throat, as the color vanished from his face. The older man smirked at him, as he gestured with his head towards the couch.

"C'mon Astral. Take a seat." He said, beckoning towards it. "Let's have a nice long talk."

Astral slowly sat down, breathing hard, as his friend watched him closely, standing in front of him some distance away, the gun pointed at his head.

"I don't know how you got out of prison. I don't know how you found me." His friend said, voice low and agitated. "But I'm done dealing with you Astral. You were always soft."

"I..." Astral began quietly.

"Shut up, I'm talking." The Friend said sternly. "I don't know who your new friend is, but I'm gonna use you as an example to not mess with me."

He pulled back the hammer, and grinned. "Before I send you out, I should tell you, I framed you. You could never follow orders and do what was needed."

He fired, everything seeming to slow down around Astral as he saw the bullet spin towards him, like a top of some sort. Astral's eyes widened as he focused on it. He saw a blur of blue and purple out of the corner of his left, like someone moving around, before the fist connected and struck the bullet away. Astral jumped back in surprise, to see a third arm sprouting from his shoulder, ethereal and ghost-like.

"What hell kinda shit are you pulling?" Demanded The Friend, seemingly not noticing the third arm, before he emptied the entire gun at Astral's body.

The arm reached out further, as an entire new body seemed to flow from Astral's own form. He looked on to see a thin, emaciated being, with exposed fangs and teeth and green jewels for eyes, wave it's hands in front, smacking and knocking away the bullets with ease, as Astral looked on in shock. Without waiting a second, the newcomer swept forward, and struck the attacker in the face with a fist, knocking him down and crashing a nearby table, a horrible cut down his check and behind his eye opening. Half his face turned crimson with blood.

"You tried to get me thrown in prison? You were my friend! My only friend." Astral said shocked, as the ghostly being wrapped it's arms around his shoulders in a strange hug of sorts. "How could you betray me?"

"You always got caught, were always happy to go to jail and what not for me and the rest of the gang." The older man said defensively, holding his face in agony. "Why is it a big deal now."

"I'm not going down for your evil, for your greed or whatever reasons you had to beat that women to death." Astral said, the ghostly figure walking away, and grabbing the side of the man's face, the healthy, uninjured side.

The screen on it's forehead glowed, as words briefly appeared. Astral saw something that looked like Mon...and X. He had no clue what it was doing, even as black, necrotic flesh spread across it's body, and bone like protrusions splintered and snapped out of it's body. It's head elongated as it's eyes turned into beady, red dots, glowing in the night as smoke and steam poured out of it's jaws. The man seemed able to see it now, as the creature growled and hissed over his body, struggling in vein as it held the side of his face, rising it's other clawed hand, and closing it into a fist.

The man looked back at Astral. "You were always a tool, for someone to throw away. What makes this new Boss of yours any different."

Astral said nothing at first, as the creature's twin tails flicked about, snapping and breaking any nearby objects. Finally he nodded to himself as he approached, kneeling over his old friend's form.

"You wanted me to go down for murder and assault, wanted my life ruined and to be that of a murderer." Astral said, pointing at him. "So I'm going to do exactly that. Assault and murder."

The man's eyes bulged in horror, as the black and white creature began smashing into the side of his face, his agonized screams filling the air as the creature wailed away, growling and hissing all the while, blood splattering against it's chest and facial armor. An eyeball flew out as the creature finished pulverizing the man's comatose form, rising up, and releasing a long, growling snarl that turned into a horrific cackle. Astral stood there for a moment, completely taken a back, as the demonic beast stood before, as though waiting for orders.

The phone in Astral's snapped him out of his break, shaking his head as he reached in and pulled it out, then answered it. He took a deep breath as his entire body shock.

"He...hello?" He croaked.

"You've done good." The Benefactor said. "Very good indeed Astral."

"What is all this crazy stuff happening?" Astral asked, his entire body now shaking uncontrollably. "What am I going to do with this ghost spirit?"

"This is called a Stand." The Man explained. "I, and many others have it. With this, you are Chosen One. A being destined for great things. If you follow me, I can give you a kingdom to rule, purpose in life."

"I have nothing left, I'm already a killer." Astral said, more to himself then the man on the phone. "So what, I've got nothing else to lose."

"Good. Welcome." The man said, before clearing his throat. "But one last thing."

"Yes sir?" Astral asked.

"You may only call me Secret Emperor. Any attempts to find my name and the like will result in death."


From that day forward, Astral's hair turned red, it is said, like his father, from his Stand awakening. He no longer worried about friendships and the like, for he was the Secret Emperor's best weapon, a man able to summon any nightmarish fictional creature to serve him in battle. Whenever the Secret Emperor's criminal organization needed a power house and a one-man army, it was Astral who was sent. What whole teams of other "Skoutatoi" or soldiers failed to break down, Astral would see to it with his Stand.

To represent this aloofness, this difference, he gave it the only fitting name he could think of. Renegade.


Present Day
Sunset struggled in the grip of this mechanical titan that towered above her. It was as tall as Irys, a monstrosity of mammoth metal and rusted parts, bound together by a malevolent will. A great cape of shadows billowed behind it, and it's face was covered in a curving piece of black metal, two glowing red eye burning behind, markings along it's top, sides and back as smoke hissed out of it's "mouth". It tilted it's masked face to one side, studying her for a moment.

"I sense you are confused of my name. I am Makuta." The being said, with a mock bow, still gripping her neck. "I am the voice in the night, the being all your kind will grow to fear. And your killer."

"Just finish her, Renegade." Astral ordered, seemingly already tired of this character's love of theatrics.

Makuta and his grip stiffened, before he shook his head. "I know not what binds me to this child's will, but so long as I am here, I might as well finish you off. Memento Mori, Toa of Flesh and Light."

He was about to pop her head off with a few more ounces of pressure from his metallic, rusted claws, before the floor groaned underneath him. The three looked on at each other in surprise, as a feint smile came to Sunset's lips. This big brute was too massive to keep inside the school. Without another sound, the floor broke out from underneath them, the three crashing, as Makuta's cape reformed itself into a massive pair of metallic wings, the being flying gracefully over Sunset's head as she watched, a gap. Something that big could not move so naturally.

It flew over head, sweeping past wood and brick and mortar, and scooping up it's master in midair, and flying off out of sight. Sunset turned back to the ground, fast approaching, and activated Ice Phoenix, using it's legs to bounce and jump from one piece of debris to the next, slowly making a controlled fall on the way down. She landed hard, her legs screaming in protest as she yelped in pain, but otherwise was unscathed.

She looked around, trying to find a sign of where the "Makuta" and Astral Force had disappeared to. How could something so large, disappear so quickly and easily. She looked around, sweat beginning to drip down her forehead and neck, feeling as though she was being watched. She looked around, eyes dart, as she crouched low among the rubble, certain the enemy stand user and it's machine-summoned beast was near-by.

She looked around, slightly disappointed. The whole mess today had lead to at least two destroyed libraries today. That was almost a new record for her, counting the "Muffins and Type writer" incident a few months back, though that didn't really count. She stood there for a few moments, body tense and ready, every muscle ready to go as she prepared for any attack that would never come. She slowly edged away from the ruins of the library and the room below it, and began heading towards the rest of the school and it's confines. But even so, every step she took, every breath she inhaled, it felt as though she was being watched.


Astral's eyes snapped open, as he looked around, finding himself in a horribly lite room. So dark was it, he could barely see his hands when he held them in front of himself. He looked around for any signs of where he was at, before two glowing red embers smoldered into action, glaring down at him from up high.

"Renegade, what is the meaning of this?" He asked, annoyed. "I ordered you to finish off Sunset."

"All orders came secondary to protecting my master." The massive titan of metal explained. "Without you, I vanish."

"Alright then. Where are we?" He asked grumpily.

"A dark little abandoned corner of this archive." Makuta explained. "Sunset cannot find us."

"Alright, I want you to go and..." Astral began, before trailing off, a thought crossing his mind for a second. He mulled it over, chewing on his lip and mumbling to himself, before pointing at Makuta. "Could you get to the stand arrow?"

"Of course." Makuta answered with a nod. "What do you need it for?"

"I have a second plan. The boss needs it back, but didn't know how to get past Sunset and her crew, and considered them the worst threat." Astral explained, stroking his chin with one hand. "But I might be able to do this AND kill Sunset."

"Orders?"

"You will go into Celestia's office and retrieve the Arrow." Astral explained. "I'll return it to The Emperor, and have killed Sunset by time this is all over."

"What should I do if Celestia or another get in my way?" Makuta asked.

"Don't kill them. Too messy. But do whatever you think is needed to keep them away." Astral said.

Makuta seemed to consider those words for a moment, before nodding to himself. "Very well. Whatever I think is needed."

"Yeah. After you get the Arrow, get back to me as soon as possible." Astral said sternly, looking around the dark, dank basement, before returning to his Stand.

"I will not take a moment." Makuta said, as his body began to melt and break apart into an ink-like blackness, that disappeared into the shadows, and vanished.

Astral narrowed his eyes, and sat back in the darkness, unsure of what had happened. As always, Renegade was showing much more independence and freedom when it transformed into a sentient character, versus a simple beast. He worried whether Makuta would try and undo him, but shrugged it off. If Makuta did, it would kill him too. Astral sat back, waiting for his Stand to return.


Makuta, now nothing more then ethereal shadows, slipped from place to place, slithering along like an unseen snake. It had been shockingly easy to get through the area, the shadowy titan almost laughing to himself as he hoped from shadow to shadow. In his world, there were usually protections, things down to keep beings of shadow away from high priority targets. He chuckled darkly to himself, coming into the office, passing under the Secretary's desk, and slipping into the office marked with Celestia's name. He wasn't sure how he could read the strange jagged lines and swirls carved in bronze, so different from his native tongue, but this was the place, chicken scratch or not.

Makuta's shadow form slipped in, as he traveled about, until he detected it. The arrow. It's power called to him, burned in the ether within this room like a lighthouse. It reminded him of the Mask of Light, the Kanohi Ignika, the Nui Stone, and other such relics he had encountered, both for and against his benefit, within his realm. He slithered across the ground, avoiding the well lite areas, and crawled into the desk drawer, and saw the arrow, it's golden-bronze finish almost glowing with supernatural power. He sat there, amazed, at first, before moving and snatching up the object, burying it within the depths of his shadowy form, before slipping out from the desk, and heading towards the door, before it opened, and in walked the one addressed as Luna.

She looked around confused for a moment, as Makuta watched her from the shadows. "Is someone in here? Tia?"

She walked further in, as Makuta slipped behind her, into her own shadow, and extended a long, winding hand towards the door, shutting it quietly as she looked around. He rose from her shadow, solidifying once more, his red eyes focused on her, as he stepped forward, his pod-like feet, shaking the room slightly. She turned around in shock, eyes wide.

"I was ordered not to kill you." Makuta said quietly, so as not to draw attention, before grasping her by the throat. "So I'll work around it."

He lifted up the arrow for her to see, as his mask glowed with abyssal black energies, arcs of red sparking off of it form his eyes. "I will impart two gifts into you. One the awakened spirit of battle, the second, a seed from myself."

He telepathically looked into her mind, focusing in on the strands of emotions linked to jealous, spite and envy, and gloried to himself. This one had hidden much within the shadows of her soul. So much the better to work with.

"I see you too have a sibling that overshadows you. Shame you could never act on it. Until now, my dear." He stabbed the arrow into her neck, as energy arced from his mask, into his hand, and transferred into her neck, and disappeared into the rest of her form.

He turned immediately, as the doors opened to reveal Celestia herself, frozen in shock and terror at the sight of Makuta and her unconscious sister. He released Luna and shot forward with unnatural speed, gripping Celestia in a choke hold. He used his other hand to slowly shut the door behind them, as she struggled.

"You're lucky my master wants you alive." Makuta venom in his horrific voice.

She struggled, as shadows seemed to envelop the whole room. Makuta's unfeeling mask glowed with empyreal energy as he drew the arrow close to her throat. "You look tired, Principle. You won't need to stay awake much longer. I have something else here for you."


The library was darkened and black, the drapes drew up, as a man sat back, sipping wine, and surrounded by four figures, three were covered in cloaks, their faces and forms hidden, the fourth, the disgraced Doctor Pezune, checking the man's body and vital signs, before a shadow rose up, and took shape, a massive hulk of metal and rust, a cloak of shadow billowing behind him as he stood menacingly over. The mysterious man did not react, merely setting his wine glass down, as the three figures drew up around him, summoning Stands to protect their master.

The being merely shook his masked head slowly. "I am sent by Astral. I am Renegade."

He pulled out the arrow, allowing it to catch the light from the overhead lights and such, as the man's eyes widened. "You are interested, yes?"

"How did you get it?" The man asked slowly, as his servants put away their Stands.

"From the shadows." Makuta answered. "I need, however, one of your stand users. From my master's memories, Cash Grab would be the best."

"What are you planning?" the man asked, tilting his head.

"An indirect means to destroy Sunset and her Toa team." Makuta explained. "His Stand will prove most useful in that."

"21st Century Schizoid Man?" The Secret Emperor said, almost bemused. "It is near useless. Unless your plans involve Sunset and Twilight, it will not work."

"I have used Celestia and Luna." Makuta said, as the man's eyes widened.

"What?" He demanded, bearing his teeth. "You did what?"

"I gave them Stands, and used my abilities to plant some seeds of corruption." Makuta explained quickly, as he began to notice the man's stand beginning to manifest behind it. "Give 21st Century Schizoid Man this duty, and their destiny shall be shattered."

"Corruption." The man said softly, slowly stroking his chin. "Fine."

"But, master, Cash's Stand is the weakest of all of us." One of his servants spoke. "Send us to eradicate them and be done with this."

"Weakness demands on context." The man answered. "In this context, 21st is the best tool. And I will not risk my finest Stand users. We will remain here, and prepare for our revenge when we are fully ready."

He turned to the machine titan before him. "I will remember your service. You may return to Astral."

Makuta bowed his head, and placed the Arrow on the table, before disappearing into the shadows once more. The Secret Emperor picked up his wine once more, and then pulled out a cell phone.

"Cash Grab, you may move on the school." He ordered sternly. "I have a special assignment."


Sunset made her way towards the front of the schools, near the offices of the Principal and Vice-Principal, eyes alert and body tensed and ready. She had been following her gut feeling, hoping beyond hope that Makuta had not broken into the principle's office. She had not clue what she would do if he had. She certainly couldn't beat him in direct combat. However, a being so slow, and so lumbering on the ground could be out-maneuvered.

She neared the office, and opened the door, and gasped in shook. She clutched her neck and almost backed away. The feeling of terror and dread that suddenly hit her was other worldly. It was as though a switch had been hit, and her flight or fight responses had kicked in. Every hair on her body stood on end, as she took careful step after careful step, as though, if she walked too fast, something inside the room might explode, or lunge at her.

Although everything looked normal as she looked around, it just felt off. There place usually had the smell of coffee, or sweets, or something from the secretaries and staff, but nothing. The air felt sterile and, she found no sign of anyone. Not a sign of a struggle or blood or anything. There should be people a few hours before the school actually closed, but no one was in sight. It felt as though everything had been bleached before her arrival.

"Fear....one of my many powers." The voice of Makuta hissed, like a knife scrapping against a chalkboard. "I believe it's worked it's magic on you."

"But...you cannot have....magic." Sunset forced out, as though her jaws had locked up in terror. "How...?"

"Though your magic interests me, I have no need of it for my plan, yet." Makuta hissed, as the shadows in front of her bubbled and frothed, as he rose from the ground, towering over her. "And I am not here to play with my prey yet."

He lumbered forward, his cape melting and extending into wings once more, as he moved past her. Biting her lip, she tried to will herself to move, but could not, as he turned and looked down at her.

"I hope your elders, Celestia and Luna, are strong enough." Makuta said with a chuckle. "Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll have more then just enemy bodies to bur..."

"SUZA!" She and Ice Phoenix shouted, as the Stand struck Makuta in the face, knocking him backwards in surprise. Her eyes went with wide with absolute rage, as Makuta backed away.

'Her rage must've overcome my powers of fear.' He thought quickly, narrowing his bloody red eyes. 'Time to adapt.'

She stepped forward, completely unfazed as he loomed above her, and sent her Stand out, the being's orange-red eyes wide and wild with rage. "SUZASUZASUZASUZASUZASUZASUZASUZASUZASUZA!"

Makuta brought up his arms, blocking every blow with his mechanical, armored body. As her barrage of punches stopped, Makuta snapped outwards, arms grabbing her Stand by the shoulder and neck, as his eyes opened, then glowed a sand blue-dark grey color, instantly freezing her in place, as she struggled to move.

Makuta released her Stand, the spirit vanishing back into it's frozen master, as Makuta approached her, patting her on the head. He laughed for a long while, internal mechanisms groaning and whirring as he drew closer.

"Do not worry, little Sunset. I will leave you someone to play with." Makuta said with mocking sincerity, as he teleported out of sight.

Sunset stood there for 10 minutes, the time slowly crawling by as she struggled to get her muscles, or anything, to move. Finally, as whatever effect Makuta had put her wore off, she breathed in deeply and gasped, breathing hard for several more minutes. Makuta had her at his complete mercy. She shuddered to imagine what exactly he would've had in mind if he hadn't let her with his "someone" to "play with".

She looked around, the office still as ever, the air as sterile as bleach solution, but the aura of terror that Makuta seemed to have created, was gone. She looked around, before setting into a dead run towards Celestia's office. What he had said about strength, why he was here, there could be only one reason. He wanted the arrow. She hoped against hope that he had not found it, that he had simply...done whatever it was that he wanted with this room, and ran off to terrify her. If he had the arrow, there was no telling what kind of damage he could do.

"A threat like him...he feels like something as bad as Discord or Sombra." Sunset said to herself, running towards Celestia's office.

She rounded a corner and in the room, she found Celestia and Luna, both frozen like statues, standing straight up, staring blankly ahead in terror. Sunset had never such expressions on anyone, much like the two principals. And, to add to that, there was a strange, thin red film over their bodies. She approached slowly, waving an open hand in front of Celestia's eyes, as she didn't react, before sending her Stand out, to be ready for anything. She reached out, and touched the Principal's wrist with her own hand, and immediately recoiled.

Instantly, thousands of images, of her home, of her adopted one, all of her friends, and a dozen other figures, horrifically killed and murdered before her eyes. She froze up, unable to muster up any words for what she was seen. Blood, fire, chard bodies, tall, lithe and horrific creature marching through the lands, as four legged insects scuttled about, searching for victims. Just as soon as the vision had begun, it ended, and she stepped back to catch her breath.

Summoning her Stand, she reached out and gripped Celestia's shoulder, the red film around dissipating into nothing, as she returned to normal, yelling in shock and terror.

"Principal, are you alright, talk to me, please." Sunset said loudly, trying to get her to focus on her voice. "You're alright now, ok?"

"Sunset...what was that...machine?" Celestia asked, still sounding dazed and terrified.

"Part of his Stand. It brings fictional characters to life." Sunset explained slowly, so as not to overwhelm her. "Are you ok?"

"He...it...stabbed me with the arrow." Celestia said, looking down at her hands. "I still...don't feel right..."

"You should sit, I'll take care of Luna." Sunset said, guiding her down. "But are you sure he stabbed you?"

Celestia pulled back the collar on her shirt, revealing the area just above her collar bone, and a large scar from where the arrow had struck.

"Then, if you're not dead, that means you'll get a Stand too." Sunset said with a nod, as ice Phoenix reached out towards Luna. "I'm sorry. I got you sucked into this whole mess."

"Don't. It'll be alright now. No matter what happens next."

Ice Phoenix touched Luna, and immediately an ethereal hand shot out from her should as she yelped, grabbing Ice Phoenix by the neck. Sunset gagged and stiffened as the Stand's fingers wrapped around her own stand's neck, struggling, before Ice Phoenix batted away the Stand with a swat from it's right arm, and backed away. The arm retreated back towards it's master and disappeared into a shimmering field of stars and dark blue.

Sunset stood there for a moment, in shock. While it wasn't very strong, it had manifested far earlier then she thought it would. It usually took a few hours after getting stabbed for Stands to fully come into their own. She cautiously approached, Ice Phoenix ready to move, as Celestia watched on, lips pursed and eyes focused on where the arm had manifested. The fact she had seen it, was prove enough she was a Stand user.

"Vice Principle Luna, are you alright?" Sunset asked.

Luna swayed slightly, the vacant expression in her eyes vanishing as she focused on Sunset. "What...happened?"

"A stand attack. Did Celestia tell you about the arrow." Sunset asked.

"Much of it. What she felt like telling at least." Luna said with a nod and a tone of bitterness. "What happens now?"

Sunset raised an eyebrow, but continued one. "I've got to track him down, you should stay put until it's all clear."

Celestia concentrated for a moment, before a figure appeared in a bright flash of light. Sunset raised her arm to block out the beams of gold and white light, as a figure appeared beside her. It was a diminutive being, the upper half of it's body a feminine, humanoid figure, with armor across it's chest and wrists, while it's lower half was that of a horse, two equine legs swaying beneath it as it floated by it's master. It's human face was dominated by two gold eyes, and a complex mask around it's mouth. It's horse head shared the same golden eyes.

Sunset widened her eyes in surprise. Celestia had manifested her Stand unnaturally quick as well. She had no clue what that meant for their strength. Celestia looked at her Stand in amazement as it floated obediently at her side.

"This is amazing! I feel so rejuvenated now. This Stand has made this day so much better." She said giddily, smiling broadly to herself.

"You should take it easy, New Stands are kind of a handful." She cautioned, thinking back to, not just her first battle, but Deep Purple cursing out Sunset, cameras, and whatever else annoyed it.

"Please, Sunset, I'm not a child. I'm on top of the world with this beauty." She said, examining her Stand closely. "Now. What to name her?"

"How about a ball of Incandescent gas?" Muttered Luna, as Sunset looked at her in shock, before looking to the still smiling, unperturbed face of Celestia.

"No, I'm afraid not." She said, as though not hurt by the comment at all. "I think, Distant Sun shall be it's name. Yes, Distant Sun."

She walked past Sunset, and sat back down on her chair, behind her desk, smiling slightly to herself, as the Sunlight bleed in from the windows, and hit her still active Stand beside her. The Stand seemed to glow slightly, as a rainbow set of hair flowed out from the back of it's head, and twin wings of light sprouted from it's back. Celestia's smile somehow got even wider as she looked at her Stand. The plants near window sill seemed to soak up it's energies, the plants quickly overgrowing and spreading beyond their original position, as Sunset looked in shock.

She wasn't surprised this Stand was connected to the sun, but had no time to try and comprehend whatever it's other abilities where. She had to defeat Renegade and whatever powers it had unleashed. She turned and left, looking over her shoulder uncertainly at the two, and made her way through the doors of the office, and into the halls, running along, as a figure peaked out from the shadows, rising as his Stand began to manifest. He opened a phone.

"Yeah, Cash here, I'm on my way to getting the two Principals." he muttered into his phone. "Sunset's heading into a sout westerly direction. Good huntin'."

He smiled broadly to himself, as he stood up and made his way towards the office doors. He stepped in, glossy red and blue dress shoes shinning, as he readjusted his blue suit, a section of it cut out to reveal part of his chest, and the purple tattoos curling and wrapping around in strange patterns. On his shoulders, with shiny, glitzy red dollar signs hanging by short chains, and three over his belt.

He stopped, feeling some feeling of dread creeping across his back and in his chest, but shook it off, merely pushing himself to get the mission done. He was warned the character Renegade and brought up was very...esoteric threat. The stand user pushed on, as he moved into their office. The Stand user fully brought out his Stand, 21st Schizoid Man materializing beside him, as he opened the door. The being was thin, androgynous, and was completely red, it's jaws jutting from it's generally humanoid skull, as it's long, hungry eyes looked the room up and done.

Luna and Celstia arose as the young man appeared, Distant Sun coming to the side of it's master as Luna activated her own Stand. The figure appeared, it's back turned, body a dark blue, with black gloves and boots, and turned, it's face, similar to Distant Sun's, having almost no features except for it's two light blue eyes. The Stand raised it's fists, as Cash held up his hands.

"Hold up! I didn't expect two of you here! have some mercy!" He begged.

"Grovel at our feet and maybe we'll consider it." Luna said irritably.

"I wasn't talking to you." Cash said, gesturing with his head towards Celestia. "I mean her. She's the boss, right?"

"What?!" Luna asked, eyes wide with rage.

"Yeah, wings and stuff, seems like the stronger Stand." Cash said, putting his hands up.

"Nightflight can handle anything you throw at it!" Luna yelled in anger, blood boiling as her face went red.

"Aw, that's a cute name? Is that what you do, "flight", instead of fight, and then run away?" He said, tilting his head to one side. "You gonna run away now?"

"I can do far more then my sister ever could." Luna said coldly, blackened fire burning in the center of her eyes.

"Luna, you might want to take it..." Celestia began to warn.

"Yeah, Luna, be sure to listen your bette~eeeers." Cash taunted, drawing out the last note, smiling snidely at her. "Better run and let your big sister handle everythi~iiing."

Luna strode forward, eyes focused into two pinpoints at the enemy Stand user, as Nightflight reached forward. Cash grab waited, and, as she got within arm's reach, 21st Century Schizoid Man leapt forward, and grabbed onto her face with his left hand. It glowed slightly, as a ghostly figure, similar to Luna in appearance, but with fangs and cold dark blue eyes, appeared behind, like a secondary Stand. Cash looked it over, whistling to himself.

"My my. This Makuta bloke has done a good job of getting me something to work wi~iiith." He aid with a grin. "I'm gonna enjoy watch you two burn down everything."

The figure behind Luna disappeared, as her own form began to change and modify, the color of her skin and eyes shifting slightly, as her Stand twitched and twisted about, as though possessed. Celestia focused in on Cash, the same black fire burning in her eyes, as she rushed at him. Cash flinched in terror at the sight of her. She was on him far faster then any normal Stand user should've been, the Stand slashing at him with it's hands, blurs of light coming towards him. He blocked with Schizoid Man's right, or tried to, but was instantly brushed aside, as Distant Sun slashed at him, cuts appearing all along his Stand's chest and ribs.

He coughed and stumbled back, keeping an iron grip on Luna's face as he panicked. Was this a suicide mission? The other teams never liked him, but he figured he could prove himself worthy if given the chance. Why was the Secret Emperor sending him to die? His eyes widened in panic, as she approached him.

"This is it, I, Cash Grab, am going to be defeated!" He muttered through clenched teeth.

"Leave. My. Sister. Alone." Celestia said quietly, as Distant Sun floated towards him.

And out of the reach of the sunlight coming in through the blinds. It's wings and mane vanished in a flash, as it's stats returned to normal. Celestia attempted to rush him once more, slash at him, only for Schizoid Man to block the attacks. It was an excellent block by any measure (Schizoid Man was rather pathetic in a fight), but it was enough to open her up for an attack.

"This is my chance. This is that chance!" He declared. "An opportunity has presented itself at the worst of times."

A fiery figure appeared behind Celestia, as his Stand continued it's work on both sisters.


Sunset looked all around for Makuta, stopping by the ruined lunchroom, which was closed for...renovations. The area was dark and felt as though a thousand eyes were watching eye from every corner and tile of the place. She looked around calmly, before bringing out Ice Phoenix.

"Makuta, come out and show yourself." She ordered forcefully. "Out of the shadows with you."

"I am shadow. The shadow that guards the gate." Makuta said.

"What gate?"

"The one to your final fate." He said, rising from the shadows in front of her with his master.

"We'll see about that." She muttered, with a slight grin, as Ice Phoenix clenched both fists.

"You seem pretty overconfident." Astral remarked, point at her with both fingers. "I think you need to be educated on all 42 of Makuta's powers."

"Then please, bring em out." Sunset said, Ice Phoenix's eyes glowing with focused rage and intent.

"Renegade, use Heat Vision against her." Astral ordered.

"I would advise against..." Makuta began.

"Do it! Don't question me!" Astral yelled.

"As you wish." Makuta replied simply, eyes glowing red, sparks flying off of them as he concentrated.

He fired twin beams form his eyes, the searing beams blazing towards Sunset, as she barely got out of the way, the beams burning the side of her abdomen, and continuing on, as Makuta tried to intercept her, turning his head slightly to follow her. Sunset jumped back to the right, leaping over the beam, before running straight at Makuta. He cancelled out the beam and waited, raising his arms slightly.

"What are you doing? Fire again!" Astral ordered.

"I cannot until my vision returns." Makuta said simply. "The heat vision puts a strain on my eyes."

Sunset came up to the large machine, and activated her Stand, it's fists disappearing in a blinding flash, as it slammed into the Makuta's metal body, fists denting the metal and armor, but in the end doing very little. He barely reacted, backing up every so often, but hardly moving, as though she wasn't even there. Sunset stopped, before she split her knuckles open again.

'If I can't break up his body, I'll have to break open the Stand user then.' She thought quickly, before running over to Astral.

Makuta slammed his foot down in front of her, before lifting and fist and trying to slam it down ontop of her head. Ice Phoenix appeared, crossing both arms in front of itself to block the attack, and catching the fist as it came down, ice Phoenix's cracking and crumbling from the impact, but stopping the punch. She struggled with all her might against his power, as he applied more and more pressure.

"Any more struggling and you won't have any arms left." Makuta chided, with a chuckle, his mask bending into a strange smile of sorts. "Care to give up, and submit to my authority?"

"Go to hell!" Sunset struggled through her teeth. "Go...straight to...hell!"

"I've been there. Wasn't fun." He replied simply, as he applied more pressure.

As he was about to crush down further, an explosion ripped through the school, making the entire place shake. Makuta tried to rebalance himself in surprise, as Sunset rolled backwards and away from his clumsy strike, and shot up once more, grunt as her old wound flared up in pain. Astral and Makuta looked to each other, speaking softly, Sunset only catching a few words.

"Did he complete his mission already?" Astral asked.

"...I am sure we would have more time, before they attacked...." Makuta responded.

"This plan was dangerous, those two..." Astral began, before stopping and turning to Sunset.

He straightened himself and pointed at her, Makuta's eyes glowing as he got into a fighting stance. "You, Sunset, will unfortunately not get to see what we've cooked up for the rest of the school today."

"You may die, but, before you go, know this." Makuta said, tauntingly. "Before you leave this world for the Red Star, it will be beings you trust the most who will deliver your little Toa Team onto death."

'Celestia was unusually bragging about her Stand and all. And Luna was overly aggressive...' Sunset thought quickly. "You corrupted the two Principals didn't you?"

"Not many options to choose from, so very impressive of you." Makuta said, clapping mockingly. "Let us see what their Stands and their new personas can give to the world."

Makuta laughed deeply, booming across the area, even as another explosion, directly behind Sunset, ripped through the area, a ball of blue and white fire tearing through the halls, as Sunset docked away and ran for cover, panic rising in her chest.

'This can't be good!' She thought, her eyes wide with terror. 'The last time, Luna had alicorn magic, but with a Stand, there's potentially more damage that can done, and if Celestia is also corrupted..."

She turned, to see a figure, as white as a star, and dressed in golden armor over a familiar suit, with hair of pure fire, and eyes wide and wicked orange, flames bouncing and glowing within them, arms crossed in front of her as she smiled.

"Now look what we found here." She remarked, as a second figure emerged behind her.

Her skin was black as night, while her eyes were like two cold, blue crystals within her face, armor of the same color covering her body, as she approached.

"Once I finish sharpening my Stand's skills on you, I will cast this world in eternal night." The second said, pointing at Sunset. "You will be my first victim."

The first figure laughed deeply, fire burning all around her, as she approached, a familiar Stand beginning to appear beside her. "Let's see who can really kill this straggler, before we see which is one of us is the more powerful, night or day!"

Sunset slowly rose up, as the two began to approach her.

<-- TO BE CONTINUED__/__|

Author's Note:

When writing this part, I wasn't sure how to approach it. Part of the reason I started with such a long prologue dealing with Astral and his backstory was to create a sitution similar to Ringo and other such villains in Jojo, as most of mine have been pretty generic buttholes, without much character, but to give me time to think over how to beat Astral.

Makuta (Or Makuta Teridax) is a tough cookie, and insanely powerful. Having Sunset beat him would be extremely difficult to pull off, and I wasn't sure how, especially with the corner I put her in earlier.

Oh, and in case, you're wondering, the first fictional character he summons is Monster X from the Godzilla movies, albeit unintentionally, due to not having full control yet.

Having Celestia and Luna awaken their Stands not only acted as a way to accelerate the story, and give it a "Wow" factor similar to Weather Report's Heavy Weather Arc, but to help Sunset get out of Makuta's grip. What helps better, after all, then two world-ending Stand users going nuts on the entire city.

21st Century Schizoid man was named after the King Crimson Song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLCIfDqgDIk), and designed after a goblin shark. I wanted to play on the theme of one of DIO's lessons to Pucci, that a Stand's weakness is entirely up to the user and the situation. I designed Cash Grab to be as repulsive and nasty as possible for a Stand user, and looked to Ciollatta, Steely Dan and Uyghur (From Fist of the North Star) for inspiration.

Distant Sun, named after the Crowded House Song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrk3eymLg8s), was based after Made In Heaven, my favorite villain Stand, and based on the Centaur Chiron from mythology, adn various fantastical horses from other mythologies and folklores, including Turkish and Korean.

In case you're wondering how powerful Firestarter get when in Sunlight, they can get stronger, faster and more durable then Star Platnium/The World in their prime. However, this is only when they are direct Sunlight, in case you couldn't tell. Once out of it, they get significantly weaker.

Luna's Stand, Nightflight, named after the Led Zeppelin Song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlbBk4hZi-w), is meant to invoke guardian angels and spirits from Catholic, Protestant and Native American Navajo and Apache beliefs.

Though weak in a fight, once night is reached, what the Stand can do, is as you can see, beyond what most other Stands can do.

Both of these Stands will change into new forms based on their new personalities now that Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker are fully unleashed.