• Published 9th Aug 2018
  • 211 Views, 0 Comments

Equestrian/Griffon War: season 1 Episode 2 - BlackFeather



a Griffon Squire believed the teachings of his officers, now questions his beliefs towards the Ponies upon meeting one.

  • ...
 0
 211

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Equestrian/Griffon War: Day 122

2nd degree Squire Gael had exited the bunk tent in the command camp right on the edge of the Everfree Forest. He was fully dressed and ready to perform his runs today. Today was especially exciting because he would be with some scouts as they spied on Ponyville. After getting all intel he would run back here to camp to report on the findings.

Gael headed to Lieutenant Gorgan who oversaw his runs today. After getting three letters he headed off into the Forest. His first letter was to the secondary camp in the middle of the Forest. The second letter was to S4 who were scouting an old castle they found in the forest. His third was to S2 who were near the west end of the forest spying on Ponyville.

After delivering the first letter Gael arrived at the ruin castle that scouts had found. He saw the towers and walls being studied by some of S4 and some were eating lunch. He saw a similar face and headed over to him.

“Oh, hey there Gael” one of the scouts of S4 said as he saw him coming to him.

“Hey Gorge, I have a letter for you guys” Gorge was a young Legionnaire but not too young. He had five years in service and had two more before he was eligible for an officer promotion.

“Thanks, little man, you going to stay around a bit”

“Can’t got one more letter to S2 on the west edge” Gael said.

“Alright be careful out there” on his way out Gael saw that some scouts were trying to dig a pole out of the wall. Shrugging it off he went to deliver the last letter.

“Anything” a scout said as we crept up alongside his ally. The other scout just shook his head.

“No, just patrols and some pink haired girl setting up for a party or something” before any more words were spoken two more figures approached them.

“Girvan, Gael just arrived to get the report” the scout motioned to the Squire beside him.

“Ah, good timing Gael, follow me” Girvan lead Gael to a small tent with papers in it.

Only seven members of S2 were on this mission to have less risks of them being spotted. Girvan gave Gael a small parchment rolled up and sealed. “Alright head back to the Colonial and report. Got it”

“Yes Sir” Gael said. And he was off.

Only twenty minutes of walking and Gael had stopped for lunch. He hadn’t eaten since breakfast and his body told him it was time. In the middle of his ration, which consisted of three protein sticks, dried fruit, one sandwich, and his water. he heard a howling noise off in the distance. Gael learned that the Everfree forest was once infested with Timberwolves and other monsters. Windger and his Ravagers took most of them out. Most, but not all.

Gael finished his second stick and put the rest of his food away. He figured he ate enough to avoid being hungry until he made it back to the command camp. He got another ten minutes’ walk in when he heard a scream. He ran in the direction and saw three girls trapped by a Timberwolf. He was only armed with a dagger. Only enough to hurt an opponent not defeat one. But he couldn’t let the girls become lunch for that Timberwolf. Shaking his head he drew his dagger and ran towards the wolf. He jumped and landed on its back and stabbed it in the neck. The Timberwolf just howled in pain and thrashed Gael off it.

Gael hit a tree and the Timberwolf, forgetting the three girls, ran straight for him. Gael got to his feet and jumped over the wolf and having it hit its head into the tree behind Gael. Gael then jumped on its back again and stabbed it right on the top of its head. The Timberwolf then dissolved into sticks and branches and having Gael fall to the floor.

Gael took some deep breaths and sat up. His dagger next to him. “Are you ok” Gael looked up and saw the three girls. One with red hair and a bow, one with two shades of light purple hair, and the last one had dark purple tomboyish hair. He surmised that they were Equestrians. Who else would be in this forest. The pony with purple hair held out her hand to him and said. “My names Scootaloo, whats yours” Gael blushed at the sight of this beautiful girl in front of him.

“Gael” he said taking her hand.

Scootaloo pulled him off the ground and Gael dusted himself off. Gael then grabbed his dagger off the ground and put it away. “not the best weapon to have against a Timberwolf huh” Gael said.

“not really, my big sisters hammer would be good” the girl with the red hair said. “I’m Apple bloom by the way, and this is Sweetie belle” Apple bloom said pointing to herself then to the other purple haired girl.

“I’m sorry to ask this Gael, but are you a Griffon” Sweetie belle asked.

“yeah, but I couldn’t let that Timberwolf attack you three” Gael responded.

“Thanks, but we should head back home, the Timberwolf population near the edge of the forest has increased of late” Scootaloo said. Gael worrying about the three girls asked.

“Do you need help getting back”

“thanks but we know this area pretty well, hope to see you again” Scootaloo said. She and her friends then headed west to the edge of the forest.

Gael stood and watched for a minute as they left. “Wow” was the only words he could make out with the blush on his face.