• Published 21st Jul 2018
  • 1,838 Views, 170 Comments

One Bolt, Spreading Harmony - Boltsinger



Responsibility has begun to come naturally to a certain orange stallion, but he's not that fond of the fuzziness of his memories. Especially once someone from his fuzzy past comes back to zap him!

  • ...
12
 170
 1,838

The Pooped Party Pony

“How is it that the foals that spend literally every day with Pinkie Pie don’t ever speak?” Boltsinger asked, sitting on the floor of Sugar Cube Corner and watching Nova playing with the Cake Twins, Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake. The Unicorn filly would magically stack blocks as high as she could, letting her brother slam his hooves into the tower, giggling all the while. As the blocks fell, Nova’s own horn went alight, catching the blocks one by one and placing them next to Pumpkin Cake in a different order each time. “I mean, Flurry’s at least a year or so younger than they are, but she’s downright eloquent!”

“Your guess is as good as mine!” Pinkie Pie answered, looking over the shoulder at the foals. “I’ve been trying to get them to say ‘cele-party-looza’ for moons, but it just doesn’t stick!”

Boltsinger cocked his head to the side, giving his wild friend a curious look. “That’s what you’ve been trying to teach them? No wonder they’ve been having a hard time.” he turned his attention to the ever-higher stack of blocks. “Twilight and I haven’t started Nova on anything bigger than two syllables. ‘Mama’, ‘Daddy’, ‘Aunty’, ‘Uncle’, and, of course, ‘Spike’. You know, pretty basic stuff. No response, yet, though.”

Pinkie grinned for a moment while the door to the establishment opened, revealing a mildly pudgy blue Earth Pony mare with a two-tone pink mane and tail that swirled to the point where it looked like cupcake frosting. She wore a yellow apron with pink frills coming off of the shoulders, and large, pink spherical earrings to compliment her bright pink eyes. Her Cutie Mark was made up of three pink-frosted cupcakes with cherries on top. She waved as she entered, stepping behind the counter. “Welcome back, Mrs. Cake!” The party pony enthusiastically greeted, saluting with her hoof. “The shop is in tip-top shape, ma’am!”

“That’s wonderful, dear.” Mrs. Cake stated, checking the register. “And how are the twins doing with their little visitor?”

Boltsinger chuckled, gesturing to the three foals with his wing. “See for yourself.” The mother took a peek over the visiting stallion, where the blocks were floating in a mixture of two blue magical fields, moving about the area as Pound Cake flew at them, as if the toys were dodging his attempts at applying his namesake to them. “Looks like they’re having a good time to me.”

“I think you’re right!” She confirmed. “So, do you think little Nova will be able to make it to the twins’ birthday next week?”

The stallion feigned deep thought for a moment as he waved his son over. “Gee, I dunno…” Nova fluttered up to his father’s back, making himself comfortable as his daddy looked back at him. “What do you think, little Prince? You wanna come to a birthday party? The best party planner ever, Aunty Pinkie, is putting it all together!” The colt let out a joyous laugh, adamantly nodding with a gentle flap of his wings. Boltsinger laughed in kind, kissing the colt on the forehead and looking back to the mares. “Consider that his RSVP.”

Great!” Pinkie exclaimed, bounding over the counter and scooping up the twins. “You hear that? We got another guest for your big day!”

“So, Boltsinger, is there anything I can get you before you go?” Mrs. Cake asked, leaning up to the counter.

“Nah. I think we’re good.” He told her, making for the door. As he turned, his tail brushed against Pinkie’s foreleg while a familiar tingle moved up his wings. In an instant, the feathered appendages were standing straight up, sparks of electricity arcing and crackling between them along with the lightning on his Cutie Mark.

“Uh… Boltsinger?” Mrs. Cake began, pointing a shaky hoof at him. “Your… wings… are…”

The Pegasus glanced behind him, his eyes going wide as his pendant began its glow. “Oh, no…” He reached back, pulling Nova forward and holding him close with his forelegs. “Don’t be scared, sweetheart. You’re just coming in a trip with Daddy, okay?” Nova cooed, putting his forelegs and wings around his daddy’s neck as he gave one last nod to Mrs. Cake. “Well, now I really gotta go! Can you take Nova’s things to the castle and explain things to Twilight in a ridiculous level of detail? Thanks! See you later, Mrs. Cake!”

“Wait! Boltsinger, you don’t under--" A great boom sounded throughout the shop, shaking the floor and some of the shelves. Mrs. Cake’s hoof fell limp at the slightly singed floor in front of her in an empty bakery. “--stand…”


Flying through the air at breakneck speeds wasn’t a new thing for Boltsinger. Rather, he was used to doing it on a regular basis throughout his life. This was the first time, however, that he was taking a flight like this, electrically charged, with his son along for the ride. “Last time family was involved in something like this…” He started, hugging Nova tighter. The colt babbled incoherently, tightening his own grip in kind.

“Oh, I wouldn’t worry!” A high, squeaky voice assured him.

Boltsinger’s eyes snapped open. He had been thinking that his tail felt heavier, and now he felt like he had an idea as to why. He turned his head to see what was behind him, seeing a bubbly mare electrically latched onto his tail with a little Pegasus and Unicorn held tight. His eyes went wide with recognition. “Pinkie?!” He strained his tail, hoisting the pink pony up to his barrel. “Grab on!”

Pinkie put her free foreleg around him, holding on tight. “So, where are we going?”

“Better question…” The stallion corrected. “How are you here? And with the twins?!”

“Oh, that’s easy!” She dismissed, rolling her eyes. “I was holding the twins, and your tail brushed my leg and then you just ZOOMED right off into the sky!” She shared a laugh with the foals in her clutches. “And you know the rest.”

“Okay…” He breathed a heavy sigh, looking forward again. “Well, to answer your question, I have no idea where we’re going. But whatever happens, I’ll probably need your help to do it.”

“Okay! Whatever happens, let’s have lots of fun!” Pinkie nodded, swinging her head to one side and producing a cupcake. “Hungry?”

“Maybe later!” He replied, scanning the horizon. He dropped his jaw a little at the sight below him. “Besides, I think we’ll be landing, soon!”

Pinkie chomped down on her treat, pulling herself farther forward so as to get a view.“Oh? Where are we going? Where are we going?”

Boltsinger motioned below them, where a group of dragons were flying to an exceptionally large city. “Fillydelphia!” The stallion’s wings turned down, sending the ponies rocketing past the dragons. Speed was beginning to build up as the lightning crackled around him, letting him know that landing was imminent. It’s just like with Fluttershy! He told himself, closing his eyes and asserting control over his wings. Don’t crash don’t crash don’tcrashdon’t-- He skidded to a halt, two small, smoking grooves left in the road below him. He opened his eyes while Pinkie performed a pratfall off of his hindquarters.

“WOW!” She exclaimed, throwing her forelegs up as the twins fell happily on either side of her. “That was fun! Can we do it again?”

Boltsinger slowly opened his eyes, turning his head to give her a look that was half stern and half crazed. “Oh, most definitely not!” Pinkie’s head sank a little at the answer, but she quickly sprang back up, taking in the sights around them. Boltsinger loosened his grip on the colt in his forelegs, nuzzling his mane. “Okay, Nova, we’ve landed!”

Nova looked up at his daddy’s smiling face. There was still a weird tingly feeling all over, but it wasn’t as strong as before. He let go of the big orange neck, looking around the place he found himself in. There were tall castles, but not as pretty as his castle, and lots of ponies with a bunch of creatures that somehow made him think of his Uncle Spike. He landed on the ground, hearing a strange noise in the distance. With a twitch of his little ear, he turned to face his daddy, pointing in the direction of the noise.

“What is it? You hear something?” Boltsinger inquired, bringing his head next to his son’s. He turned ears in each direction, trying to listen for something out of place. There was the hustle and bustle of the city. Wagons, conversations, accordions… “Accordion?” He stood up, putting his wing to his ear. “Why would there be an accordion playing… unless… Wait a minute… Pinkie!”

“Yyyyyyyyyes?” The Pie answered, appearing just over her friend’s shoulder. “What did you find?!”

“Take a listen and follow me!” He suggested, scooping his foal up with his wings and cantering towards the music.

Pinkie and the twins directed their attention in the direction her friend had run off. “Listen? For what?” As Boltsinger got further away, she found her hooves dragging on the ground with a strange kind of jolt tugging at her. “Ooh! Crackley!” She squeed, lifting the twins into her back as she was yanked after the electric stallion.


The sound of the accordion grew ever louder as Boltsinger cantered on. It had been an exceptionally long time since he had heard it, but out of all of the fuzzy things in his memory, this was one of the clearest. After all, the pony who played it was simply unforgettable. He came to a stop behind what looked like a stage, where the music was at its loudest. The music was wacky, upbeat, and downright cheesey at points. He quickly found himself swaying back and forth to it, bouncing his baby up and down to the beat. Despite his appreciation, though, there was no sign of cheering or enjoyment on the other side of the stage. He furrowed his brow, taking a tentative step forward as a trio of squeaky laughs enveloped his auditory senses. Boltsinger snapped his attention to the sound, seeing Pinkie Pie, Pound Cake, and Pumpkin Cake electrically shooting towards him with a gigantic grin on the mare’s face. “Oh, boy… She got too far away!” He raised his foreleg and his free wing defensively, counting to three, closing his eyes, and bracing himself for the impending impact. At the end of the count, there was nothing. He heard the sound of activated magic alongside more laughter, but that was all. He lowered his extremities, taking a peek at what had transpired, only to find Pinkie and the Cake Twins embedded into a blue force field.

“Hi! Bolt!” She greeted, waving her foreleg. “Good catch, Nova!”

Nova giggled, dousing his horn to let his funny aunt go. The music died down, replaced with the jeers of those behind it, along with a few spouts of fire. The door to the stage opened, and out walked a lanky Earth Pony stallion with a cheesy orange coat and a bushy brown mane and tail. He wore a yellow T-shirt, and bore a Cutie Mark of a sliced sandwich with gooey cheese strung between the halves that moved back and forth like the accordion that hung from his neck. His green eyes were dejected and he hung his head, letting his instrument flop onto the ground. Scorch marks covered his body and clothes, and he left black hoofprints behind him as he went. He plodded his way to the sidewalk, slumping over to lie down with a sad sigh.

Boltsinger and Pinkie looked at the stallion curiously. “I knew that music was coming from somepony I knew!” The Pegasus began, snagging a gasp from the mare next to him.

The stallion slowly turned his head up to face them, letting a smile return to the corners of his mouth. “Pinkie Pie? Boltsinger? How in Elberton Blue are you two here? And together?!”

“Wait a minute, you know Cheese Sandwich?!” She asked, earning a nod. She threw her forelegs wide, attempting to compete with that width with her smile. “What a coincidence! I know Cheese Sandwich!”

“Oh, I know.” He stated. “But do you know how I know that you know, or how I know him?”

Pinkie alternated her attention between the dumbfounded brunette and the grinning bluenette. “Weeeeeeeeeeeell… Maybe you helped him out with some kind of problem in the past ‘cause you went around doing exactly that for years and years and years?”

“Yeah… He helped me throw some parties back in the day.” Cheese confirmed. He brought his foreleg up, pointing between the two of them. “So… you two know each other?”

“Well, I do live in Ponyville, now.” Boltsinger replied, sitting next to him and beckoning his son over. Nova smiled and scrambled over to rest between his daddy’s forelegs. “Complete with wife and foal.”

Cheese’s jaw dropped. “So the gloomiest, mopingest, and overall saddest pony I’ve ever known is actually happy?”

The Pegasus shrugged, patting Nova on the head. “Eh. Happiness is subjective. But I guess so.”

“Hard to not be happy when you’re friends with Pinkie Pie!” The party stallion pointed out, looking at the poofy pink pony. He breathed a soft sigh, looking down at the street. “Wish I could be happy…”

Cue another, significantly louder, gasp from the other ponies, Pinkie Pie chief among them. She lunged at the skinny stallion, putting her hooves on his shoulders. “What do you mean ‘Wish I could be happy’?!” She asked, bringing her face up next to his. “You’re Cheese Sandwich! Equestria’s pristine premiere party planner pony extraordinaire!!! How can you of all ponies not be happy?!”

“You’d be the same after the dud that I just went through!” He retorted, putting his hooves on her forelegs. “I just… I can’t throw parties like I used to anymore!”

“A dud?” the mare repeated. Her puzzler began puzzling at the perkiest pace possible. Everything she knew about this pony said that it was impossible for there to be a dud of a party. Why, he could find a way to party even with no supplies or preparation or even a real reason to celebrate! How could Cheese Sandwich possibly throw a party that was a dud?

“It’s because you threw a party ponies would like for dragons, isn’t it?” Boltsinger deadpanned.

Cheese’s mane seemed to visibly deflate at the comment. He backed away from the pink pony, turning away. “I don’t wanna talk about it…” He started a slow walk down the road, his accordion sounding off with every sway in his step.

Pinkie and Boltsinger looked at the dejected stallion, making their confusion as obvious as a feather atop a pile of rocks. “This is… weird.” The stallion pointed out. He lifted Nova with his forelegs, looking the colt in the eye. “You know, Nova, that pony there is normally as happy as Aunty Pinkie!” He tickled the baby’s belly with his wing to emphasize his point. “But he’s not himself today. So what do you think we should do, little Prince?” He held Nova closer, turning his ear to him. “You think we should help our friend feel better? I dunno… Let’s ask Aunty Pinkie and the twins!” He stood up, turning so that he and Nova were facing Pinkie properly.

“Well, duh!” Pinkie stressed. “Of course we’re gonna help him feel better!” She swished her tail under Pound and Pumpkin, sending them flipping up into the air to land on her back. “Let’s go!” She grabbed onto Boltsinger, galloping past Cheese.

Boltsinger looked back at the pooped party pony, wondering why exactly he was behind them. “Uh, Pinkie? How are we supposed to help him if we’re running away?”

“You’re married to Twilight but you don’t know something that easy?” She teased, stopping instantly in front of a nearby hotel. “We’re gonna come up with a plan!”


Hours later, Cheese Sandwich trudged through the streets of Fillydelphia wearing a black hat and poncho with yellow trim and a lonely brown saddle. His face was as serious as they come, looking ever forward as a pair of foals catered by with conical birthday hats strapped to their heads. Following the filly and colt came a pink mare with a flat, straight mane and tail of a darker pink. She wore a gray dress that completely obscured her Cutie Mark, with grayish blue-framed glasses sitting on her snout. “Children, please!” She called, far louder and more deliberate than necessary. “I know you two are excited for your upcoming birthday but we simply CAN’T hold a PARTY!!! There’s no one in town that is capable of planning such an event! It’s utterly HOPELESS!!!”

A loud slap was heard from behind, followed slowly by a loud, yet muffled groan. After what felt like a beat, a bright orange stallion with a blue mane and tail and an off-putting black moustache trotted up in a baggy black formal suit consisting of a jacket, shirt, and pants. He carried an orange foal in a baby carrier over his side, with a saddlebag on the other side. He shook his head like he was questioning where his life had gone, then took a deep breath. “Why, there is no reason to fret, dear madam!” He announced, his voice carrying a similar cadence to that of the mare, but with a posh twist. “All you need to do is hire a party planner! There are several party ponies all over Equestria!” He approached the panchoed pony, pointing his hoof at him. “Dear sir! Would you happen to know somepony who can throw a quality shindig for this mare’s foals?”

Cheese glowered at the stallion. “Talk to Pinkie Pie in Ponyville.” He stated in a gruff, serious tone.. “She’s the most superest-duperest partyingest party pony Equestria’s ever seen. I bet she could even throw a party for dragons.”

The mare brightened up considerably, her mane poofing out to a prominent frizz. “Really?” She squeaked, turning to look at Cheese. “You mean it? Oh, Cheese, you’re such a sweetie!”

The stallion facehoofed, nearly leaving a hoofprint on his forehead as his own mane zapped back to its natural state, shooting the moustache off of his nose. “Pinkie! Why’d you break character?!”

“I couldn’t help it!” She replied, stepping up next to Boltsinger. “It was a really nice compliment!”

“I knew you didn’t need my help, anyway…” Cheese pointed out, brushing past Boltsinger. “I sensed you setting up their birthday party three weeks ago! You’ve got it covered no matter what. You don’t need a washed up party pony like me dragging you down.”

“Washed up?!” The Pie repeated as the saddled stallion walked away. “But you’re able to turn anything into a party! Even an empty house!”

Boltsinger worked his wings free of the confines of his jacket, placing one of them around Pinkie Pie. “I don’t think he can hear you, Pinkie.”

“I just don’t get it…” Pinkie grumbled, beginning a walk in the other direction. “What in Equestria made somepony as great as Cheese lose his confidence!”

Boltsinger glanced back at the mare with a cocked eyebrow. “He’s that great, huh? Sounds like you like him a lot.”

“I do like him a lot!” She told him, taking a step down the road towards their hotel. “I like you a lot, too. And Twilight, and Applejack, and Rarity, and Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash, oh! And Starlight. I like a lot of ponies a lot. Nothing wrong with liking someone a lot. It just means they're good creatures! Cheese is definitely good creatures. Well, pony. A good pony.”

The stallion flashed a smirk, following suit. “He most certainly is. He’s the only pony I know who can match you in sheer wacky fun party stuff!” He laughed to himself, looking back at the subject of their discussion. “If I tried throwing a party like you two, I bet it’d be…” Boltsinger stopped in his tracks, feeling the impact of epiphany strike him like a hoof on a storm cloud. “That’s it!”

“What’s it?” Pinkie wondered. She looked back to see her friend laughing to himself with a devious grin, quickly devolving into a cackle that reminded her of the haunted castle he creates whenever Nightmare Night comes around. Her own smile turned devilish as she joined in, going on for a solid thirty seconds before it finally died down. “So… What are we laughing about?”

Boltsinger wiped a tear from his eye, patting his foal’s head with his wing as he gave Pinkie a determined expression. “It’s party time!”


Cheese Sandwich breathed a sad sigh as he approached the train station. He had had enough of this city. Ever since dragons from the Dragon Lands had started branching out, the Dragon Town district of Fillydelphia had changed. He didn’t know just how much until today, and it simply didn’t agree with him.

“Cheese! Cheese! Cheese! Cheese! Cheese!” Pinkie called, scrambling over to the platform. Cheese turned to see her skidding to a halt next to him, hyperventilating. “Don’t go yet! Please!”

“What do you need, Pinkie?” He exasperatedly asked.

“You’ve gotta come with me! It’s super duper important!” She wrapped her foreleg around him, pulling him close and shooting off as fast as she could.

Cheese struggled to free himself from the mare’s grip, finding himself held in place with a surge of electricity. The squeak of her laughter flowed into his ears, drawing his attention to her beaming face. “Pinkie, what the Half-Moon Bay is going on?”

“Well, if you really wanna know, Bolt is throwing a--” The two of them crashed into a field of blue magic, held in place as the colt and filly behind the field waved excitedly at the Earth Ponies. “--a PARTY!”

The horned foals doused their horns, lowering the field that held the party ponies in place. Pinkie rushed over to a spot in the back of the room, which Cheese soon discovered to be decorated with a random assortment of streamers, with half-inflated balloons floating above some chairs and at the corners of a small table. There was a decent-looking cake at the middle of the table with pure white frosting, lacking any kind of design or finesse. Pound Cake sat at the head of the table, drumming on the surface with his forehooves to a baritone voice singing a series of low notes that struck an all-too familiar tune. After two measures with added accompaniment, another of the same voice chimed in.

“~Every single day there’s something new you can plan for
Every single day there’s something wonderful and new!
And e-ver-y so often there’s a day where I can say...
that today I tried a new thing and it’s all because of you!~”

Cheese looked to where the music was coming from, seeing Boltsinger trotting towards him. “You’re doing this just for me?”

“Eeyup! What do you think?” He replied, sticking to the beat that Pound Cake provided.

“What do I think…?” He repeated, taking a seat at the table. “How’d this happen?”

“Well…

~Didn’t have much time to gather, or know everything I’d need
All I knew is that I had to really fly____!~” He bounced into the air, hovering over with a fluttering of his sparking wings.
“~But my Cutie Mark had called me and my friend to you today!
So today you’ll see the party ‘skills’ I learned from Pinkie Pie!~”

Boltsinger landed on the table, whipping his tail over behind one of the chairs, pulling an ecstatic Pinkie next to him and gesturing grandly to her. She bounced over to the party stallion, hunching over and wiggling her tail as she joined in the music.

“~We saw a frowny friend all burned up like a Cheese fondue,
So sad, so mad, so miserable, that simply isn’t you!~”

Boltsinger hovered over the lanky pony, poking at his mane.

“~So we put our heads together, she was leary, I must say!
But the best thing I could think, though I knew that it would stink!
Was to throw our friend a party in my amateurish way!~”

“Amateurish is right!” Cheese exclaimed, the makings of a smile beginning to show themselves. “You seriously wanted to give this a shot just to make me feel better?”

“Is it working?” The Pegasus asked, letting out a shaky grin. “I have no idea how all this works, and this is kinda my first improvised song… Please tell me it’s working!”

Cheese sprang out of his chair and out of his outerwear, looking between his friends and raising a foreleg as he took a deep breath.

“~These past months have been cruel to me, of this, I must admit…
Every creature that I partied with would throw a hissy fit!
The Griffons chased me out of town, the Yaks smashed all my stuff!
But these dragons here in Dragon Town were all just way too rough!~”

“That’s terrible!” Pinkie shouted. “What did they do?”

“Well, you saw the fire! What do you think they did?” He noted, letting his head hang low with a hoof over his heart. “Poor Boneless 2 got caught in the crossfire…”

“Wow… No wonder you’ve been so off!” Boltsinger affirmed, landing next to Cheese and putting a hoof around him. “But you know…

~You just gotta get back out there, take a chance, ‘cause, if you please,
The very best of Sandwiches are ones made up of Cheese!~”

Pinkie nodded in confirmation, placing her own hoof around her party planning peer.

“~’Cause we all face party poopers, you know that much is true!
And the best way you can bounce back is to show what you can do!~”

The two Ponyville residents trotted forward, taking the Sandwich sandwiched between them along as they bounded over the cake and the Cake, where a banner unfurled to reveal the words ‘CHEER UP CHEESE’. The curly-maned stallion took a look up at the banner, feeling a distinct warmth in the earnestness with which the Pegasus prepared it, despite some shoddy worksponyship. Pinkie and Boltsinger each glanced at the pony between them, spotting a definite upturn in the corners of his mouth, his teeth becoming more and more visible as his cheeks pulled back. Finally, the two of them made one more deep inhale.

“~Every single friend we make brings new things to plan for!
Every day we spend with them brings awesome things to do!
And today is no exception, with a party on the way! Today we made some plans and they were aaaaaaaaaall... foooooooor… yoooooooooooou!~” They harmonized, each raising their free foreleg as two more measures rounded out the song.

“Wow…” Cheese began. He shook his head as rapidly as he could, leaving the blue with an enormous smile. “Just… WOW!” He turned around, facing the venue in full. “I have to say, this is the first time anypony has ever thrown me a party! I dunno what to say!”

“I think I might have a suggestion…” Pinkie said, leaning in and whispering into Cheese’s ear.

Cheese snickered to himself, rearing up and spreading his forelegs. “Fire the cannons, Pinkie!!!”

Pinkie squeed, rushing around the area and pulling party cannons out from bushes, behind chairs, and under the table, setting each of them off in sequence. What was once a poorly-crafted pity party came an extravagant bash with yellow and purple confetti falling over similarly-colored streamers. The cake was mostly the same, but was lined with yellow icing made to look like bits of string cheese, and full balloons of the same yellow and purple now surrounded the half-inflated ones. A massive pinata shaped like a rubber chicken hung from a nearby tree with a stick leaning against the roots, and each of the foals suddenly sported a party hat in the shape of a cheese wedge. “Now let’s PARTY!”

Boltsinger looked around the newly-upgraded venue with his mouth agape. “How the heck did you get all this set up?” His eyes landed on the myriad party cannons, sending him into a snort. “Never mind… I think I know. But why’d you have to do this when I already had everything set up for him?”

Please, Bolt, I always have a party set up!” She pointed out, moving over to the table with Cheese.

“Yeah, that makes sense…” He admitted, gathering Nova and Pumpkin Cake to sit them at the table. “Besides, the whole point of me being the party planner was to show just what would happen if somepony were left on their own to set up a party.”

“Yeah, there was a lot wrong with that setup!” Cheese jokingly stated. “I mean, what was with those streamers?”

“I know, right?!” She replied. The two of them went into a long and involved conversation regarding the quality of Boltsinger’s party preparation, causing the Pegasus to droop a little more with every statement as his wings and Cutie Mark returned to normal.

“Eeyup… My point was well received…” He said, cutting into the cake and dishing some up for each of the foals.

Three party-filled hours later, Pinkie, Cheese, and Boltsinger gathered at the train station with Pound and Pumpkin sitting atop Pinkie’s back, and Nova in the baby carrier draped over his father’s back. “So, I’ve been thinking about something…” The winged stallion said, stepping ahead of Cheese. “You’ve been having issues throwing parties for Griffons, Yaks, and dragons, right?”

Cheese slowly nodded, raising a single eyebrow. “Yeah… What about it?”

“Well, I happen to know a town where you can talk with a Griffon, a Yak, and some dragons, if you want some insight.”

“Oh! Oh! Are you talking about Ponyville!” Pinkie interjected, hopping up and down between the stallions. “Please tell me you’re talking about Ponyville! We can have Cheese stay at Sugar Cube Corner, and I can show him my party planning cave, and we can plan all sorts of parties together, and--”

Boltsinger put a wing over Pinkie’s mouth, letting her muffled speech continue on. “Yes. I mean Ponyville. What do you think, Cheese?”

“Hmmmmmmmmm…” The party stallion brought his hoof up to his mouth, pondering for a few moments. He stepped off of the platform, moving out of sight only to come back wearing his pancho, hat, and saddle along with the most serious expression Boltsinger had ever seen out of him. “I think we’re gonna have to get ourselves some tickets. ‘Cause there’s a party in the works down in little old Ponyville!”

Author's Note:

I have to apologize if my portrayal of Cheese Sandwich is a little off. In my defense, it's my first time actually writing for the character and not scrapping the idea (like my original plan in the last attempt). It's really hard to write any character based on Weird Al that's any kind of depressed! But that's what I wrote myself into.
The song is a bit of a parody... Well, more of a reprisal... of the song entitled "Pinkie the Party Planner", with some lyrics to match the scenario and performed by Bolt, Pinkie, and Cheese. I literally wrote the lyrics as I listened to and read the original lyrics of the source material, so I can't completely vouch for its quality. I just did my best. But, clearly, it's not exactly my own original song.
I'm actually going to be venturing much more into parody than just transcribing a song. My main repertoire of songs that can fit in Equestria has pretty much run dry, so I'll be going a little more experimental. I hope you enjoy the songs, and the next chapter that will be coming soon!