• Published 20th Jul 2018
  • 15,596 Views, 1,641 Comments

Duties - Hiver



The 'adventures' of Blank Page continue. Changelings, Griffons, Princesses. At least he have learned his lesson not to volunteer for things anymore. Yeah. Right.

  • ...
57
 1,641
 15,596

Chapter 45

I waited with the rest, Sunset was sitting between me and Sparks, on Sparks other side was Mirror Twilight. Luna and Celestia was talking quietly to the side of the table.

The rest of the Elements were on the way to Canterlot along with Starlight Glimmer, and Fluttershy were bringing Discord. The Twilights had been working through the night, and still discussing spell equations but they were fairly stuck.

Hope right now was that Discord could send Twilight and Spike back to their rightful place. If that didn’t work, that’s why Starlight Glimmer was coming as well.

Sparks was hoping our Stalin Glimmer could give some insight into the spell. I was dubious, most likely was that Twilight’s Starlight Glimmer had stumbled onto some sort of ancient spell than figuring it out on her own.

…but I also didn’t really want to give the crazy mare any ideas.

“So, think it’ll work?” Sunset asked me quietly.

I sighed, “I hope so.”

“But you don’t think so?”

“…not sure,” I admitted, “I think Discord might have the power to do it, he got her here after all. But I don’t trust him to not fuck it up somehow.”

“Well, there is that.”

We got spared more discussion by the doors opening and Rarity leading the group inside, Discord trudging around behind her next to Fluttershy.

The two Twilights jumped up and quickly made their way over to them. I made my way to follow them over, Sunset bringing up the rear,

Just giving the Elements a smile and a nod as they crowded around the Twilights, I made my way directly to Discord, “I get it,” I told him, “Me being here changed a lot of things. You made your point. Now send them back.”

He looked between me and the Twilights before he shrugged, “Well, I’m sure I could, but where is the fun in that!” he said with a grin, “This is great! Twice as much book-horse!”

“Discord!” Fluttershy exclaimed and turned to him, “That’s not very nice! Her friends are waiting for her back home!”

The chaos god grumbled, “Fine,” and raised his hands before he frowned and looked at his hand.

“What?” I asked him.

Discord hesitated, “Well… I didn’t actually bring them here,” he admitted, “I just redirected their spell from where it was going. I could… maybe send her back, but I have no idea where to send her.”

I gaped up at him and Twilight rushed over to stare up at him,

“What!?”

“The spell parchment was your anchor,” he explained, “It tied you to the stone table, that’s why you always landed on one when you arrived even if there wasn’t one where you was going.”

He sounded like he was making a lot more sense than normal. Sadly, I didn’t like anything he was saying.

“Are you saying that even if they remake the spell parchment, she can’t go back?” I asked slowly as I took half a step back.

“…Don’t know. But I can’t send her back as it is…” Discord admitted and crossed his arms, floating slightly off the floor.

Twilight made a small distressed sound, her eyes widening as she slowly sunk onto the floor. Sparks and Celestia quickly moved up to her, Celestia putting her wing over them both.

Sunset snarled at him, “You were wondering why nopony like you!? This is why!”

Discord shied back and then disappeared in a flash.

The rest of the girls stuck close to the three Princesses on the floor, Luna hovering close as well. Fluttershy looked distressed about the entire thing and I couldn’t blame her.

She was his friend and he just did something… well, evil to one of her friends. Alternate version of her friend anyway.

Seriously, making Fluttershy cry was like kicking a puppy, it was just wrong. I had to say something even if I didn’t know her that well.

I moved up to her, “Fluttershy, It’ll be fine, Twilight is the smartest pony I know and now there are two of the…” I started to say before I trailed off.

What?

There was something… what? As I got closer to Fluttershy, it felt almost like I was going crosseyed for a second, seeing a super imposed image. It was still Fluttershy, but I got flashes of fluffier ears and bat like wings along with red eyes and fangs.

She looked at me and both versions of her blinked, “Lord Page?” she asked. One version of her looked almost like one of the batpony illusioned guards of Lunas Guard.

What in Equestria was going on?

Whatever it was, this was the completely wrong place to alert everypony on a possible impostor, so I sighed, “…I’m sorry about Discord, Fluttershy. But I’m sure we’ll figure this out.”

She hesitated and raised a hoof a bit off the floor, shying back a bit, “…He’s supposed to be better now.”

“Yeah.”