• Published 20th Jul 2018
  • 15,608 Views, 1,641 Comments

Duties - Hiver



The 'adventures' of Blank Page continue. Changelings, Griffons, Princesses. At least he have learned his lesson not to volunteer for things anymore. Yeah. Right.

  • ...
57
 1,641
 15,608

Chapter 44

“Did the Twilights come up with something?” Luna asked as I walked into our sitting room.

I shook my head, “Not yet,” I said as Fern rushed past and into the bedroom, “But they kind of sidetracked hard by the time I left them to it. Sparks found out that they had managed to unlock the Tree of Harmony box in Twilights timeline.”

“I see.”

“Turns out there was some kind of elements of harmony powerup in the McGuffin,” I continued and moved up to give her a small kiss, “So how are things on your end?”

She smiled a bit and moved off the chair to slip her wing around me, “As it turns out, just because we get visited by a Princess from another timeline, paperwork don’t take a break.”

“Such a wonder I don’t want a crown,” I teased and moved closer, leaning softly against her, “But speaking of which…”

“Hmm?”

“Wedding.”

That got a happy smile from her, “Yes, My Page?”

“…I think we have waited long enough,” I said and looked up at her, “I know these things take time to plan, but they have had plenty of time to try to figure things out. This summer.”

Luna spread her wings, pressing her nose against mine with a smile, “That short a timeframe will run the staff ragged…”

“Well, screw them. We gave plenty of warning that it would happen,” I told her, “We just didn’t set a date. Now, I am. Two weeks after the summer sun celebration.”

Luna blinked and smiled brightly, “The date we met.”

I nodded, “It works, right?”

“I love it, My Page,” Luna said softly with a smile, running her wing along my back, “The day we met is perfect.”

“I like it too, My Sky,” I said, “I thought about it while out today to get Fern.”

And buying presents. In all honesty, I thought about a lot of things. Me, Luna, Sunset. That was still a strange thought.

But it felt… it was strange but felt nice.

I loved Sunset. But I loved Luna first.

This would be complicated, but I think it was worth trying. Luna… I understood why she wanted me with Sunset.

“And you came up with wanting to get married quickly?” she asked with a smile.

I grinned at her, “It’s been over a year since I asked you, My Sky. I hardly think that was very qui~uhg!”

Something hit me heavily from the side, “Gah! Fern! Not now!”

Mruff!

The wood spirit pawed at me, trying to push one of his toys against me. Luna was giggling hard, “I think he wishes to play.”

“I think he could work a bit on his timing,” I groaned and struggled up, pushing him away before giving the ball a tug with my magic before tossing it across the room.

He quickly scrambled to chase it and I moved back to Luna,

“As I started to say,” I continued, “A year and a half isn’t quickly.”

“Perhaps not,” Luna admitted and caught the ball when Fern return, giving it a toss this time, “But you just started something with Sunset Shimmer.”

I nodded, “We did. In some ways at the very least, but in others we have… well, been together for years. Just not romantically. It’s going to be some adjustment, but no matter what, I won’t allow… damn its Fern, I’m trying to have a heartfelt moment here!”

The spirit wuffed and prodded my shoulder with the ball again. I just sighed and let my head drop.

Damn it.

Luna laughed and used her magic to guide me up for a quick kiss, “You don’t need to say it, My Page. I know what you meant to say.”

“And?”

“And I think you are quite silly like always,” she continued with a smile, “It’s always going to be you and me, My Page. No matter what happens, no matter how long apart or what else…”

“It’s will always be us,” I agreed and absentmindedly tossed Ferns ball again as I looked up into her eyes, “I love you, My Sky.”

“I love you too, My Page,” she said and smiled, reaching with her hoof to stroke my mane, “How about you get your writing equipment and I get my papers and we relocate to in front of the fireplace?”

“That sounds great,” I admitted, “…While being away, I think that was what I missed the most. Just spending time with you.”

“Me too, My Page,” Luna said with a smile and let go of me, tossing Ferns ball again, “You just being here make even things like the never-ending supply of paperwork more enjoyable.”

“Want some help with that?”

Luna shook her head, “No, it’s my task,” she said before she eyed me playfully, “Though, if you do want to be helpful, how about you…” she started to say before I grinned,

“Fully uniform or just the cloak?” I asked and nuzzled playfully, “I’m thinking full, with the weapon belts.”

Her cheeks turned slightly red.