• Published 1st Aug 2018
  • 1,235 Views, 28 Comments

Applejack and Rainbow's Close Cell Comfort - Nebbie



After endangering their students, one thing leads to another, and AJ & RD end up in jail. Their friendship keeps them sane, even as things continue to go wrong.

  • ...
33
 28
 1,235

Desperate Acts

After going down quite a few flights of stairs on their way to the cell, Rainbow wasn't surprised at all to discover the actual cell had no windows. "Guess there won't be any wall breakouts for us..."

"Yep. I heard this place is some old dungeon, not many like 'em left, 's why we have to share a cell." said Applejack.

"Uh-huh...not much room to fly..." Rainbow spoke up and turned towards the guard sitting at a desk far opposite the bars. "Hey, We get any exercise?"

"You don't get to leave that cell unless it's a medical emergency or the toilet breaks, Celestia's orders." he replied while flipping through his magazine.

Rainbow groaned. "Aww man, my wings'll atrophy in here."

"It's just a month, sugarcube. Before ya know it, we'll be back out!" Applejack said with a hoof on Rainbow's back.

"Yeah yeah...but still." said the pegasus.

"I'm more worried about your nightmares. Luna helpin' any?" asked the farmpony.

"She said that she'll provide some therapy sessions instead of just the usual help. I think it's a bunch of nonsense..." Rainbow said, and then sighed. "I'll get over it eventually."

"I don't know about that, sugarcube; what ya told me almost gave me nightmares. I think I'd need therapy too." Applejack said while grabbing Rainbow for a hug and pulling her onto the bed.

Rainbow considered saying something witty, but just closed her eyes and put her muzzle against Applejack's chest. It was at least a little bit comforting, allowing her to get to sleep within a few minutes.


Luna's therapy room was, to say the least, boring. Little more than a white void with some chairs. Rainbow sat down, finding the dream chair incredibly comfy, as it seemed to have a cushion made of cloud.

"So..." she said.

"So." Luna replied.

"You uh, gonna ask me about what happened?" Rainbow asked.

Luna shook her head. "I find it better to not dwell on such...horrors. You must move on and remember your other friends, Rainbow Dash."

"Yeah, about that: When can they visit?" Rainbow asked eagerly.

"Soon. Sandbar and Fluttershy have already sent requests in, but there has apparently been some...complications relating to the ongoing conflict with the Yaks. I'm sure my sister will deal with it shortly." Luna replied regally.

"Uh-huh. Kickin' Yak butt, right?" Rainbow asked with a smirk.

"I'm afraid that things have been far less straightforward. The Yaks have become disorganized after Prince Rutherford's death. There are currently at least 5 different groups trying to destroy everything in sight. In the chaos, a few ponies have died, as have a few dozen Yaks. Towns around Canterlot are being fully guarded."

Rainbow grimaced. "Oh, well, if you say Celestia can handle it..."

Luna nodded, but then suddenly went wide-eyed and opened two portals, one for each pony. "I must go urgently, Rainbow Dash! I apologize for not being able to get far into the session. As a consolation, the portal for you leads to Applejack's dream, you may enjoy a lucid dream with her." She swooped out before the pegasus could get a word out.

"Huh...wonder what that was about. Well...at least it won't be a nightmare..." Rainbow said as she trotted on out her portal, being dumped onto the surface of a giant apple made of rubber. In front of her, Applejack was wrangling with some garden hoses that had come alive.

She doesn't know I'm not part of the dream...I could prank her so good! Or...I could take a little advantage, she'd never know. She's no Spitfire or Soarin', but this is the perfect chance to try some things and make my first time awesome!

Rainbow put on a sly grin and waved a hoof, making the garden hose snakes went poof. "Need some help?" she asked as she began to inch forward.

Applejack smiled. "Rainbow? Boy howdy, thanks for that, but I think I'm fine no-" she was interrupted by a very sudden smooch.

Rainbow found that Applejack wasn't exactly into it, but seemed to enjoy it a little and went with things as it slowly escalated. A passionate kiss made way for a very thorough exploration of many things that would be too dangerous or...questionable for real life.


Many hours later, with most of the obvious kinks that didn't make Rainbow want to vomit explored, she ended things with an ass slap that, by the power of dreams, actually made Applejack pop like a balloon.

"Gah!" Applejack said as she sat up with a bit of sweat on her forehead, breathing heavily.

Rainbow yawned next to her, broke her morning wind, and smiled. "Morning, your dreams as good as mine?" She winked.

Applejack shuddered a bit, but smiled. "I...s'pose...just glad you didn't have a nightmare, sugarcube."

Rainbow chuckled and patted Applejack's butt the same place she'd slapped it.

Applejack's smile turned into a glare. "Wait a minute...you little snake! Y-you, ugh, I can't believe you'd do that! Ya should've told me it was really you, I would've at least been willin' to try some of that!"

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. And you enjoyed it, so why do you care?"

Applejack grumbled. "Cause it was dishonest, Rainbow! And I did not enjoy bein' way off the ground that second time, or when we did it with my siblings, or how big all those buttplugs were! It still feels sore even awake..."

"They weren't that big, ya wuss. Just calm down and we'll eat breakfast. ...say, Apple Bloom kissed me really weird and you said something about how you always dreamt of bein' with Big Mac..." replied Rainbow, knowing her prey was on the rocks.

Applejack blushed and sighed. "Alright fine...sometimes we practice makin' out...y-you know, just so we know how when we get a special somepony. Neither of 'em know that I started to enjoy it. Don't tell nopony, ya hear?"

"My lips are sealed." Rainbow gave her a cheeky little kiss, earning a groan from the orange mare.

Applejack glared. "I'll allow that one, but we ain't on kissin' terms right now, sugarcube..."

"Whatever..." was all Rainbow could think to say as the lack of a distraction brought back her depression.


A few days later, the two were preparing to go to bed, Rainbow already laying down, when commotion could be heard from out in the hallway. A bunch of guards were hauling a scruffy-looking Twilight Sparkle and a flailing and bawling Rarity.

"What in the hay are you two doin' here?" Applejack asked as Twilight was tossed in, Rarity following after by pushing the guards off and trotting daintily in.

Twilight, who Rainbow now noticed apparently had her horn sawn off, was silent with her face in the floor, but Rarity, also hornless, piped up. "We uh, had a bit of a misadventure with some Yaks and maaay have committed a bit of treason."

Rainbow prodded Twilight a bit in her raised rear. "You okay, and why are you two missing horns?"

Twilight groaned as she removed her face from the hard stone floor and sat on the toilet. "They used a special technique to remove it, it can be reattached later with ease, Rainbow. We'll be fine without magic for a month."

"Well, darling, I uh, think you look good hornless. Just maybe brush your mane a little." Rarity said before staring as Twilight strained.

"Hey, it's impolite to stare, Rarity." Applejack said with an angry tone as a plop was heard. A few more followed, and Twilight sighed in relief as she flushed.

"Sorry, darling!" Rarity said, and turned her head away. "I just didn't expect a princess to..."

"To have to poop, Rarity? It's not like we get privacy in here." Rainbow asked with a chuckle.

Rarity seemed abhorred as she sat on the bed near Rainbow's legs. "It's undignified to do it in front of other ponies...what is a mare without her dignity? Nothing but a warm body!"

Twilight took a moment to stop being mopey and slapped Rarity across the face, hard.

"T-Twilight?!" Rarity asked, stunned, as she rubbed her cheek.

"We're in a prison, dignity has been taken away from us by the state. Now I know you need the toilet, so get on it and use it."

Rarity's lip wiggled as she got on. She was just about to relax when she ran to the bars and started screaming. "This is incredibly uncouth! I want out! I want some privacyyyyy!" bawled the fashionista.

She eventually got it, having waited until the other three were asleep.

Author's Note:

I figured a bit of early shipping would help keep it from being boring (or too dense with the gross aspects).