• Published 20th Jul 2018
  • 267 Views, 4 Comments

Behind Barz - mlpbestie



A mare named Ultra Violet was found guilty of destroying property. and was sent to a high security prison. Will she survive?

  • ...
 4
 267

This is my life now

I'm standing in front of the Dark Prison gates. Lightning Dust hooks my leash to the carriage and says something to the guard controlling the gates. She takes off my leash but grabs my collar with her wings. As we walk into the prison it gets about 10 degrees colder. The walls and floor are made out of concrete and all of the windows are covered with thin curtains. I'm taken into a room with a metal door and only one overhead light. Lightning forces me into a small chair and takes off my collar. When another mare comes in she walks out. This new mare is wearing a black jacket and a white cape which blends with her gray coat and mane. She sits down in a large chair in front of me." Listen , you destroyed that warehouse, that's your fault! Creatures could have died!"I want you to hear me now, you are doing a two year sentence. If you haven't changed by the time your officer does your evaluation ,you're doing 10 years on the War Zone. "


"Wait, how does two years become 10 years, and what's the War Zone?" ,I asked

"The way this prison works , is that if you're still a criminal by the end of your sentence, we multiply it by 5. And the War Zone is the top floor where all the killers or cannibals go." she replied.

"Ok, but how do I change ?"

"Simple don't get into trouble ,and keep track of your merits" ,she slides me a card that has my face and name on it, "So far you have 0 merits."
"By the way ,what's your name?"
"I'm your warden, Snowy Axe, don't play games with me, hun I've got a taser and tranquillizer underneath this cape.

She stands up and drags me out of my chair. She pulls me up the stairs (even though I wasn't resisting) and throws me into a cell . Thrown on the floor ,I look around my new bedroom. There are two matresses with flat pillows and thick blankets ,the bed on the right has my name above it and the left one has someone named Volcanic Flare. On one wall is a sink with a dirty mirror and a closet and the other has the schedule.

The schedule is:

M-F

9:00-9:30 Wake Up

9:30-10:00 Shower/wash face

10:00-11:00 Breakfast

11:00-11:30 Counselling #Limited#
11:30-12:30 Lunch
12:30-2:00 Work or Class
2:00-2:30 Free time
2:30 -5:00 Excerscise
5:00-6:00 Laundry
6:00-6:30 Dinner
6:30-8:00 Theatre
8:00 Lights Out

Saturday through Sunday
Excerscise is replaced with Visitation.


That's when it hit me, I'm trapped here ,this is my life now! I crawled onto my bed and sobbed for hours. I heard my roommate walk in and out , I heard the guard banging on the door ,but I ignored it. When I came back to reality, it was dark. I could see my roommate sleeping peacefully. From what I could tell she had a red coat and an orange mane. Then I saw a glow coming from the wall. Apparently we had a digital clock in our room. It was 8:30 pm. I couldn't sleep. I decided to sneak out the door. I went to open the door but it wouldn't budge.

"The door is locked from the outside , just give up" ,a voice said. I turned around to see Volcanic Flare sitting up in her bed smiling. She was missing a tooth or two, but she was still cute. Wait What ? No, I'm not like that! I decided to just go to bed for the night.
I dreamed about my old life,my days of drinking and partying were over. I missed my favorite show, Sunny Stars, it was about a group of ponies who try to become famous. Whenever I wanted to drink my life away that show would bring me back to reality. I cried in my sleep.

Author's Note:

Tommorow will be her first day in prison. We will also switch to Volcanic Flare on the weekends for vistation