• Published 14th Aug 2018
  • 817 Views, 29 Comments

My Little Game: Friendship is Glitching - Time Reaper



Life was simple for Twilight Sparkle until the day came where everything she knew came to an end, now she must figure out why her world is collapsing, where is Spike and who is that voice she hears on her head.

  • ...
1
 29
 817

The First Chapter - Part Three: Clearing Up Doubts

Something that surprised Twilight to no end was how, in the moment both she and Luna came out of the portal, everything started to move once more as if nothing happened although she wasn't sure if she was the only one who noticed it. Starting for an energetic pegasus who was starting to reincorporate herself from the harmonic explosion.

"What did just happened?"

"Ah don't know, but Ah feel as if Ah was hit by a wagon."

"Tell me, darling, I feel so... what is this?" - In that moment, Twilight's friends started to notice the elements in their necks in the form of necklaces, something that she remembered quite fondly but her moment was interrupted by a strange sound coming from above. When she turned up, she saw a strange box with a backwards writing that were coming and going as she was trying to decipher its meaning. When she finally managed to understand the last box, all she could feel was bafflement at what she read.


Congratulations! You earned the Element of Magic!


Twilight tried to wonder why she was looking at that box and questioned herself on whether or not had that box ever been there as well as, if so, why was she noticing it now? But, as soon as the box disappeared, everything started to play out the way Twilight remembered, Princess Celestia coming back and forgiving her sister, as well as both her and her friends going back to Ponyville and being celebrated for saving Equestria from an eternal night.

It was here though, where Twilight started to notice other differences from what she remembered.

The first one, obviously, being the fox waiting for her in the middle of where the Ponyville Market should be. His constant smile remaining in there as if nothing wrong happened and still looking eager to make business with her and his slick voice.

"Ah, I see you have returned from your last endeavor safely. I'll suppose the items I gave you helped in your quest?"

"Yes" -. Responded Twilight, even though she doubted it cared about her opinion. - "And I am thankful for the potions. I suppose that you'll be able to sell me more on a later day, right?"

John The Fox kept its grin as he looked directly at Twilight.

"You are correct!" - His tail moving on a happy manner as his voice managed to remain even on a cacophony of sound due to the celebration and even him giving hints of excitement. - "F.O.X. Inc is more than eager to start making business with you and we'll have more than enough stock for your future quests but we can fix that on a later date. This is a celebration, right?"

The fox then lifted himself around and went to eat and drink with the other ponies who were too happy to care about a fox suddenly joining the celebration.

"Twilight! What are you doing there!"

When she turned around, Twilight saw Applejack getting closer to her with a frown on her face.

"Ah don't know what were you talking about, but please be careful with that fox, all it gives me is a bad feeling."

Twilight smiled at her friend and vanished her worries.

"Don't worry Applejack, I am fully aware of how dubious that fox is. I was only seeing what else it had to say before joining the celebration because now I will be staying in Ponyville with you."

Applejack looked at Twilight with worry as she tried to say her words.

"Yeah, about that. Look, Twilight, I am thankful fer you staying here but are you sure about it?"

Twilight started to feel worried at those words.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Look, its not that Ah don't like you or want you away, its just that... how do Ah put this...? Ah saw something strange when we faced Nightmare Moon and Ah'm worried for your safety."

Twilight was going to ask what did she mean by that but, without any of them noticing, a bird not too far away from them started to spasm as it dissolved temporarily in small dots before reassembling itself, causing a headache on a nearby Twilight, much to the worry of Applejack.

"Twilight! Are you ok?"

As Twilight was trying to remain her hoof down, her eyes lightly shown red, something that Applejack would notice but decide to not comment on it as her friends recovered from the sudden headache.

"Yeah, Applejack, I'm fine now, thanks for asking."

Applejack looked at her friend with worry, not sure of what to do with her but Twilight remained adamant and tried to cheer her up.

"Don't worry, I'm feeling better and to prove it to you, I'm going to drink one of your family ciders and see if they are as good as you claim them to be."

Applejack smiled as she took the challenge.

"OH! You'll see, our cider will make that headache look like a fine cushion."

And as they moved on, the bird landed near Fluttershy who was so glad to see one of her animal friends so nearby.

"Oh, hello little friend, enjoying the celebration too?"

The bird then started to tweet before its voice became distorted and its body dissolved into dots for a brief moment before reassembling and leaving as if nothing happened, leaving alone a shocked Fluttershy, who would remain froze in place (due to the shock and fear) for almost the rest of the party.

Meanwhile, a real unicorn and an athletic pegasus would have their own discussion at what they viewed on the Castle.

"I swear Rarity, for a brief moment Nightmare Moon looked like if she was distorting herself."

"I know, darling, I saw it as well but there's nothing we can do about it. I understand that you find it suspicious of how she was phasing out and then suddenly transformed into Princess Luna but until she proves to remain being Nightmare Moon then the only thing we can work around with is that the Elements worked on their own."

Rainbow frowned at that as she was finding it difficult to explain Rarity what was it that she saw so strange from all of it. Rarity put her hoof on Rainbow's shoulder and tried to calm her down.

"Look, darling, I know that it was something strange to see but everything is fine now, Equestria is saved and everything returned to normal. Even if something else happened back there, this isn't the time for that, this is the time to celebrate so let's do that, alright?"

Rainbow gave the idea a thought before reflecting on how real it was. Nightmare Moon was defeated, Twilight was staying so now she had more chances to know what was she hiding, and she now had a bigger chance to see what were those strange things she saw on her way back.

"Alright, you win Rarity. I'll see how hard is that cider Applejack likes so much to boast about."

"That's the way darling."

So they moved and celebrated as well.

At the end of the day, as Twilight was now on her library, alone, she started to remind herself of all the things she knew and had changed so far. Spike, Antonio, the fox, that other Equestria, so many things but, as she was getting to sleep, she remembered one last thing she was promised about.

"Alright, Antonio, the adventure is over, so now explain me how do you know about me."

There was a large silence before she heard the answer she was waiting for so long but it wasn't what she was expecting.

I have been looking at you for a long time,
this was just the first time you and I have ever managed to interact with each other

Twilight gave this a thought as she started to get comfortable on her bed.

"Well, that's just creepy, but why do you think we can talk to each other now?"

Perhaps Discord has something to do with it
Whatever barrier was separating the two of us must have been broken when he did all of that

She gave this a thought and wondered what else was taken down by Discord.

"So why were you looking at my life? Don't you have something else to do?"

Once again, there was a great silence as she was waiting for Antonio's answer but when it finally came, it brought as many answers as questions.

Where I live, my species is capable of looking at other worlds and we are always curious at how they develop.
We watch them and learn, sometimes we put our influence to lead them into what we think is the right direction

Now Twilight was trying to wonder if he was just lying because that didn't add up with all the weird stuff she saw on this day alone.

"Well, I know some parts are true but there are others that simply doesn't add up, like that other world and how everything was just breaking itself apart."

I know, but that is the best explanation I can give you without giving you an existential breakdown

Twilight gave this some thought, after all the madness she just went today, she wasn't on the mood to have more of what she understood broken down. All she wanted was to sleep and hope that tomorrow would be a better day or that she would wake up on the Ponyville she remembered so much, including Spike, but she knew that was wishful thinking.

And then, as she was about to sleep, she saw that strange box again with a simple message.


Chapter 1 finished


"Chapter one? What does that mean?"


Save?
>Yes
No


"What?"


Saving...


"Can't I have a moment of peace and normalcy, please?"


Everything has been saved



Quit?
>Yes
No


"What does 'quit' means?"

In that moment, a big force came into her, she felt sleepy and became unable to stay awake as everything faded back to black.

Author's Note:

Speaking of biting more than you can chew, this was a pain to write because the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to flesh it out. This has gotten to the point that I don't know when I will update this story again but I still wanted to write this first chapter for you guys. So, what do you think?

EDIT July 12th of 2019: If you like this and you want to support me, you can do it through my Ko-Fi. Feel free to check it out.