• Published 16th Jul 2018
  • 661 Views, 122 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 3 - Bahamut0



Burst Stream has been living his dream. All because of one simple promise he made as a child. To give the legend of Nightmare Moon a happy ending. So what does that mean when the dark goddess returns to Burst's life?

  • ...
4
 122
 661

Episode 17: Heartbroken

Boredom. It was something Celestia was quite familiar with. Namely because of the mountains of paperwork and trivial meetings she had to attend due to her job as Unity's ruler alongside her sister. If Luna really knew how exhausting it was to simply smile with what I have to do, she probably wouldn't have gotten jealous of me.

But none of that was why Celestia was bored to tears at the moment. No, the reason for this instance being that the date Shining Dawn had taken her on was so cliché. Like the typical noble, Shining Dawn had thought Celestia above all others when at her core she just wanted someone to love her like anyone else. And here he is treating me like the goddess I literally am. Celestia sighed silently to herself. She honestly got sick of dining on high-class food so much.

He might be related, but he's got none of Burst Stream's qualities. Celestia thought to herself as she toyed around with the food on her plate. Shining Dawn's ranting against Burst was meant to make Celestia see some of Burst's qualities as turn-offs. However, said qualities were why she loved the Element of Power. If I wasn't readying for Twilight's ascension, I'd make Burst an Avatar in a heartbeat. Then he'd get to see me in a wedding dress sooner.

However, now was not the time to be thinking about this. "Shining Dawn." Celestia said as she set her fork down. "I can appreciate you informing me of how Burst has treated you. But he seems well within reason for acting as he did. All the same, why are you so fixated on pointing out his flaws? I'm his girlfriend. I already know most of this."

"Because it's so degrading that you would chose him as a romantic partner!" Shining Dawn exclaimed! "What makes him so special? He disgraces you by addressing you so commonly! A literal goddess like yourself deserves much better! Why do I bring this up? Because I love you! And I deserve you more than he does!"

Celestia frowned. "And tell me Shining Dawn. Just what about me do you love?" The answers Shining Dawn were all so common and shallow. And it only deepened the growing dislike Celestia had for the arrogant noble. "If that's all you see, then I see no point in continuing this."

Internally, Shining Dawn was screaming and raging! However, he decided to go with his backup plan. "Before we end this, there's a proposition that I'd like to show you at my estate. You'll at least humor me won't you?" Celestia hesitantly nodded. "Excellent." Before long, the two were at Shining Dawn's estate. The noble had led the princess to a secret basement where he unveiled an entire army of golem soldiers clad in bright orange armor! "Behold the Dawn Treaders! An army of my own creation, and I needn't worry about casualties since none of them are living beings."

"You've amassed a significant force." Celestia noted. "But why build an army? Are you trying to do away with the Royal Guard? I'm aware of their short comings, but they more than make up for it with their loyalty and resolve. You can keep your toy soldiers on display."

Shining Dawn's smirk then turned wicked. "Oh, I have every intent to deploy my Dawn Treaders. In fact, I've decided on the perfect site to test their strength. Unityville." The horrified look on Celestia's face was exactly what Shining Dawn wanted to see. "I know full well what's there. The Elements of Harmony. The Elements of Heroism. Your star student." Shining Dawn paused, and gave the most smug smirk possible. "And Burst Stream. True, he's accomplished many feats. But can he honestly stand against an entire army? Can your student and her friends?"

"But this all can be avoided." Shining Dawn said with a chuckle. "And all thanks to this little proposition I have in mind." Shining Dawn reached into his pocket, and pulled out a ring. "I always thought that you needed a prince. And I certainly make a better one than Burst Stream."

Celestia was furious! The sun goddess and ruler of Unity clenched her fists as she glared at Shining Dawn. ". . . Why? Why are you doing all of this? Just what do you gain by forcing me into marriage?!"

"What do I gain?" Shining Dawn asked with an annoyed scoff. "My destiny! A destiny that only a son of Aether is worthy of! My mother failed to produce a member of her bloodline that would ascend into godhood! So where she failed, I shall succeed! And not only that, but I shall take my rightful place as Unity's new leader at your side! I shall bring forth a new dawn where we are a supreme power!"

Shining Dawn's tone then grew cold. "But I can't very well marry you while Burst Stream is keeping you occupied. So I'll give you a choice. Either you break his heart, or see him burn at the hands of my army. I WILL be at your side Celestia. And I will see everything you hold dear fall to ensure my rise happens unopposed. You could very easily end me. But that wouldn't sit well now would it?"

". . . When's. . . the ceremony?" Celestia begrudgingly asked as she looked towards the ground in both rage, disgust, and regret. "And who should I invite?"

Shining Dawn smirked. "Two weeks from now. And invite everyone but my brother. He deserves some proper time to grieve the end of your relationship." As soon as Celestia teleported away, Shining Dawn threw up his arms in triumph! "At long last, the Dawn bloodline will take godhood!"

When Celestia arrived back at her castle, she teleported to her bedroom and immediately whipped her phone out. She then dialed Burst Stream. "Burst? Could we talk? In-person? Thank you." The next words out of her mouth pained her. "I love you too. . . "And with that, she hung up. There was complete silence as she looked towards the Optimus Prime plushie that Burst had given her.

A few minutes later, Burst Stream arrived with his usual smile that was on his face whenever he got to see Celestia. "Hi Celestia!" Burst greeted the princess of the sun as he entered the throne room. "Sorry if I took a little bit longer to get here! What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Burst. . . " Celestia said as she got up from her throne and walked towards Burst Stream. "You and I have been a couple for a little over a year now. And I've been very happy with you. But. . . " The words she had to say tore her apart inside. "I've found someone. He understands my position more, and he's decided on a proposition that will bring us together. Burst Stream. . . I'm breaking up with you." She then showed Shining Dawn's ring. "I'm getting engaged in two weeks from now."

Burst Stream was completely still and silent, and it seemed like forever until he finally spoke. "Why. . . ?" Burst Stream asked. His entire body began to shake. "Did I do something wrong? Is this my fault?" He then fell to his knees. "Please tell me! Tell me what mistake I've made! Tell me if I've hurt you!"

"Burst. . . none of this is your fault." Celestia said as she held herself together. Trying desperately not to break down herself. If he really knew why I'm doing this, he'd get himself killed trying to stop Shining Dawn. It's not fair. Why should I have to hurt him when he's done nothing but make me happy?! "My suitor's proposition was incredibly hard to turn down."

Burst had stopped trembling and looked Celestia right in her eyes. His brilliant blue eyes were tearing up as he locked eyes with her. "Tell me something. Are you going to be happy with him?" Burst's heart was furiously beating! "Please! Tell me! Does he make you happy like I do?!"

Celestia didn't want to do it. She'd hurt one person she loved already. And here was Burst Stream on the verge of tears before her. Looking like his entire world had been shattered. But what was worse? Leaving him heartbroken, or seeing his lifeless body? Celestia only said a single word. One that caused her so much more pain than she ever thought possible. ". . . Yes."

". . . Alright then." Burst Stream said as he slowly stood up. "I better get going." Though he hid it with a neutral expression, Celestia could clearly hear the pain in his heart through Burst's voice. But before Burst could leave, Shining Dawn came through the doors!

"I didn't want you to find out this way brother." Shining Dawn said as he strode past Burst Stream, and put one of his arms around Celestia. "But I did tell you that the two of you wouldn't last. Don't say that I didn't warn you."

Burst Stream's heart shattered at the sight of Shining Dawn at Celestia's side. ". . . No. . . " Burst began to back away. "This can't be real! IT CAN'T BE!" He clutched his head in pain! Refusing to believe what was right in front of him! "AAAAAGGGHHH!" Burst teleported away back to his house in Unityville! The long distance draining him more than the sight he witnessed not a few seconds ago.

In his irrational state, Burst grabbed a framed photo of him and Celestia. He wanted to smash it, but found he couldn't. Burst Stream just looked at the photo, and went to his bed. Holding the photo close as he cried.

Back at the castle, Celestia slapped Shining Dawn! "You didn't have to do that!" She scolded! "He was already hurt enough by me telling him what you wanted to hear! You had no right to hurt him even more!"

"You'll thank me later." Shining Dawn hissed. "Now that I've crushed him, he's sure to not even consider crashing our wedding. Besides, this is how a fairytale is supposed to end." The devious smirk on Shining Dawn's face clearly displayed how much he enjoyed breaking the couple apart. "Prince and princess together. He may have been your dragon knight, but a dragon nonetheless." And should my brother be foolish enough, I'll see he gets an ending befitting of a dragon. . .