• Published 16th Jul 2018
  • 661 Views, 122 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 3 - Bahamut0



Burst Stream has been living his dream. All because of one simple promise he made as a child. To give the legend of Nightmare Moon a happy ending. So what does that mean when the dark goddess returns to Burst's life?

  • ...
4
 122
 661

Episode 15: Eternal Tolerance

Celestia eyed the letter she'd received from Cadence warily. Apparantly, Radiant Hope was still alive. And she had revived Sombra. Who then promptly asked if there was any vacancy in the Crystal Castle's dungeon. "Well, I certainly didn't expect that to happen."

"Indeed sister." Luna said with a nod. "Although I cannot understand his reasoning for refusing the asylum of his best and only friend. Although. . . " Luna smirked at a probable romance. "His return might just give me a new romance option besides my current knight."

Celestia sighed, and smile knowingly. "Then it appears like you, Sombra will be receiving a second chance soon." Both sisters then looked to Discord's statue. "And despite the chaos Discord caused, he is still a part of this world. Chaos has a very broad definition. Perhaps we can help him work to a more. . . benevolent connotation."

In the time of two days, both princesses arrived in Unityville to meet with both teams of elements. With both Discord's statue and a magic-inhibited Sombra in tow. "I believe you would all like to know why we've brought both Discord and Sombra here. Luna and I believe that Discord can be reformed. The reformation of Nightmare Moon has been successful from what we've heard."

Celestia pretended not to notice Luna's frown at the mention of Nightmare Moon. "And so, we believe that his chaotic talents can be used for good." She then gestured to the panicky Sombra who saw that both teams of elements had their weapons trained on him. "As for Sombra, he is genuinely remorseful about his past. While he believes life-long imprisonment would atone for his deeds, Luna and I believe that helping him let go of the pain and rage in his heart."

"Fluttershy." Celestia said with an encouraging smile. "We entrust you with Discord's reformation. The innate kindness you show can touch many hearts. If there is any of the element bearers we can count on, it's you."

Nervously, Fluttershy accepted the task. "But. . . I have a question. Who's in charge of reforming Sombra? I can't really say any of us had too much to do with Nightmare Moon's reformation. She pretty much did that herself with just a bit of support from Burst Stream."

"I will handle the former king." Tyrannus said as he strode forward to stand at Fluttershy's side. "You said that he has a lot of pain and rage, correct? I think I'll be able to help him with his anger issues." This earned a small nuzzle from Fluttershy. "Well, might as well pop Discord out of his prison." Tyrannus and the other Elements of Heroism stepped back as the Main 6 used the Elements of Harmony to release Discord!

Discord let out a yawn as he stretched! "Ohhh, it's so good to be back!" He then looked over at Sombra. "So who's the walking shadow puppet? Is he going to be my roommate?" Discord then spared a glance at Burst Stream. "Did you punch him as hard as you slugged me?" A quick cough from Celestia told Discord he was getting off topic. "Anyway, I suppose it doesn't matter. I am ready to use my chaos powers for. . . good."

And sure enough, both Discord and Sombra were moved into Fluttershy's cottage. Tyrannus sternly gazing at Discord. And the Lord of Chaos noticed. "Say, why are you giving me the stink eye? Is it still about me almost killing that friend of yours? That was all the Chaos Kin and I have a strict no-kill policy!"

"Don't get me wrong. I haven't forgotten about that incident." Tyrannus said sternly. "No, I'm upset because you twisted my girlfriend's mind. You made Fluttershy act so cruel."

Discord's jaw dropped. "Oh Faust. . . " He then banged his head against a wall! "First I got careless with the orders of my minions, and THEN I mess up someone's relationship?! AGH! Why didn't I just do the smart thing and surrender the second I got out?!"

"Oh please!" Sombra groaned. "You caused misery for everyone in Unity for years, and you get all remorseful because you tore a couple apart?!" Dark magic began to leak from Sombra's eyes! "I caused untold terror for years and went mad! And I STILL retained my mind! I made a whole empire miserable because I was hurt and treated like an outcast! But YOU?! You actually enjoyed tormenting people! What makes you think-OW!"

Tyrannus raised his fist from Sombra's head. A large bump appearing on the former tyrant's head. "That's enough out of both of you." Tyrannus said firmly. "I'm willing to move past this Discord. But I'll warn you only once. If you do ANYTHING that would threaten the people I care about? I WILL make sure that not even Faust herself will save you from me."

"As for you. . . " Tyrannus turned his head in Sombra's direction, and sighed. "I'm disappointed in how you handled yourself. You could have reflected upon your actions as well, and yet you choose to dwell on negativity." Tyrannus took a deep breath as he poured himself a glass of water. This will not be easy. . .

Tyrannus Rex had no idea how right he was. Discord literally turned Fluttershy's cottage upside down! As well as randomly zapping some of her animal friends with his chaos magic! And each of these antics only served to infuriate Sombra! He yelled at the animals! Trying to command them as his temper exploded!

"AGH! Stupid creatures!" Sombra growled as dark magic leaked from his eyes! He then glared at Discord! "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! This couple is kind enough to help oversee your reform, and you go and turn their lives upside down! Here you are, given a second chance, and you're just waving it off like it's nothing! Do you even SLIGHTLY regret how much misery you've wrought?!"

Tyrannus sighed in disappointment as he clocked Sombra over the head! "Come with me." Ty led Sombra outside, and sat on the grass. "Take a seat Sombra." He noticed Sombra's hesitance. Despite his appearance, the former tyrant was still very much a child at his core. "Don't worry. I'm not mad at you. Just. . . disappointed."

Somehow, hearing that made Sombra feel worse. His physical state soon reflecting the age of his core self. "I'm sorry." The now child Sombra said meekly. "I don't mean to get angry. But. . . I just do! I'm angry at everything!" Kid Sombra began to tear up. "I've just been angry for so long, I don't know any other response." He then looked to Tyrannus. "But you always keep so calm. I thought you had a bad temper, but nothing seems to get you mad."

"You're wrong Sombra." Tyrannus said as he looked toward the ground in remembrance. "You want to know why I chose to help reform you? It's because your anger issues reminded me of myself when I was a kid. I bet you wouldn't guess it by my size, but I was bullied a lot as a kid. Everyone called me 'T. Rex.' and made fun of how big I was. I told them to stop teasing me and making me mad. But all they would say is 'What're you gonna do? Trample us or beat us up? Then we'll tell on you!' And it all made me so mad one day when I got home from school. I was so angry I wound up trying to trash my room!"

Tyrannus took a deep breath. "But then, I looked in a mirror. And I was horrified at what I saw. I saw what I would become if I gave in to my anger. If I let it take hold, I would become the brute everyone really thought I was. It wasn't easy, but I just decided to pay no mind to their insults. I decided I would tolerate any amount of pain if only to prove to them I was a better person than they thought I was."

"And that's why I'm tolerating your outbursts Sombra." Tyrannus said with a sympathetic look in his eyes. "Because I know that under all your anger, there's a gigantic pile of hurt underneath it. And you mask it with that anger and rage. Because you're afraid of hurting anymore. And I'll take on as many outbursts as I need if it means that you can start healing."

Tyrannus turned so that he was facing Kid Sombra. "But make no mistake. This is something that you must also do for yourself. And I know just where you need to go. Sit like me, and close your eyes." Kid Sombra did as Ty instructed. "Now. Focus on your heart."

Within the space of his heart, Sombra opened his eyes. In front of him he saw a dark, raging mass! He could feel the anger emanating from it as it seemed to crawl towards him! "What. . . what is this thing?!"

"You don't recognize me?" The dark mass taunted as it took a familiar form. The shadow form Sombra was confined to following his defeat! "I'm you. All your power. Your strength! Your rage! Your reason to live! I am all you ever were, and all you ever will be!"

Sombra felt his whole body freeze when he heard the voice of Ty! "Don't try to reject what he's saying. He's not wrong. Your anger IS a part of you. But that's not all there is to you. It only has as much power as you give it.

"You're right. . . and wrong at the same time." Sombra said as he closed his eyes. "For so long you've been my constant companion. You may have given me a reason to live. But because of you? I and many others have lost so much. All because I wanted everyone to hurt like me. . . "

"AND WHY SHOULDN'T THEY?!" Sombra's dark past roared! "HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH?! OUR SUFFERING?! ALL THE TIMES WE WERE TREATED AS OUTCASTS?! HOW THEY SAW US AS A MONSTER WHEN WE DECIDED TO RECLAIM WHAT WAS OURS?! HOW HOPE BETRAYED AND ABANDONED US?!"

"Because of you, we lost the one person who saw us as more than that. The world didn't take her from us. WE did." Sombra said sadly. "For so long I've let you drive me. Consume me. I let my hate rule me. But now? I can see it clearly. I don't need you to maintain my power." Sombra opened his eyes. Both of which were now green. "You need me to sustain yours. I have suffered. And I won't let you hurt or blind me anymore!"

A black light poured out from Sombra! It engulfed the embodiment of all his past rage and suffering! Completely wiping it out! When Sombra returned to the real world, he found that his eyes had become green and he was a young man once more!

Tyrannus watched Sombra's ecstatic response with a smile. He then noticed a white glow wrap around himself. "So it looks like my time has come. . . " Ty was enveloped in a white light! And when it died down, Ty now stood with a mark on his hands! A T-Rex! And he now had the wings of an Archaeopteryx on his back! Like his skin, they too were green. An amused smile on his face as he inspected his new wings. Fluttershy had rushed out when she saw the bright light, and gasped! "I guess now we'll be able to try snuggling on clouds."

"I did that once with my wife." Aether announced as he teleported in front of the couple and the astounded Sombra and Discord. "However, date night will have to wait Ty. You need to learn how to handle your magic and wings." Aether then looked in the direction of Discord. "But I think a little break from the chaos would be welcome."

Discord pouted. "Hey! I'm reforming! It's not exactly a completely neat process!"

"Well if you do cause trouble, maybe I'll have my son Burst Stream deck you in the face again." Aether said with a smirk. "Unless you'd rather I show you how I got the title 'God of Destruction' first hand?" Aether noticed Discord tremble slightly. Apparently, the spirit of chaos had heard of Aether's past and knew not to provoke him. "Well, let's be off Tyrannus. I've know just the magic to teach you since you like thunder lizards so much."