• Published 16th Jul 2018
  • 657 Views, 122 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 3 - Bahamut0



Burst Stream has been living his dream. All because of one simple promise he made as a child. To give the legend of Nightmare Moon a happy ending. So what does that mean when the dark goddess returns to Burst's life?

  • ...
4
 122
 657

Episode 10: Reunion

Zecora was hesitant as she handed over the Avatar Amulet to the young woman before her. The young woman had white skin, light pink hair, and fiery pink eyes. Her outfit consisting of almost entirely white clothing. Her shoes, pants, tunic, and cloak. "There is one question I must ask. Do you know the danger between the trinket you will soon grasp?"

"I assure you good shaman. I myself do not wish to possess this accursed, dark item." The young woman stated. "My master is well aware of its dangerous properties. He wishes to make it so that none my obtain it. The Avatar Amulet shall be in safe hands. I, Nova Flare, swear it." Zecora hesitantly handed the infamous amulet over, and Nova Flare returned to her master. "Lord Shining Dawn. I have brought you the Avatar Amulet as you requested."

Shining Dawn smiled as he levitated the amulet over to himself and soon put it in a display case. "As always, you have served me well Nova Flare. You may leave me." Shining Dawn kept his eye on the Avatar Amulet when he heard the sound of a portal open behind him. "Come to admire my latest acquisition?"

"No. We have trouble." Blitz Surge growled as he threw a newspaper on Shining Dawn's desk! "Read the cover story." Shining Dawn picked up the paper and saw the picture of Burst Stream standing next to Nightmare Moon. "He just doesn't know when to die."

Shining Dawn froze, and snapped his head in Blitz's direction! "WHAT. DID. YOU. DO."

"Oh please." Blitz Surge scoffed. "I was doing us a favor. You said it yourself. There were only supposed to be two of us. And then he shows up. So, I decided to rectify the mistake. With him gone, our destiny can go forth unopposed."

Shining Dawn was furious! "You mean to tell me you attacked him in the Everfree Forest and left him to die?! FOOL! I may have encountered him once before, but he knew nothing about me! He never knew about the common blood in all three of our veins! And he may very well have gone about the rest of his life not knowing! But because of you, he might start to investigate!"

"There's no further point in hiding myself." Shining Dawn grumbled. "It's time that I pay father a visit. I wonder, how will he react to seeing me all grown up?" Shining Dawn heard Blitz exit through a new portal. "Looks like it's time for a family reunion. . . "

Meanwhile, in Unityville, Burst was happily munching away at his breakfast. He smiled when he saw Nightmare Moon get out of bed. "Morning Moon!" Burst greeted. "So how are you liking the sleepwear Rarity got you?"

"Her generosity knows no bounds." Nightmare Moon said as she stretched. She then noticed Burst scrolling through his phone. "I take it you're keeping in close contact with Celestia?"

Burst sighed. "Not the way I hoped I would." He then perked up a bit when he noticed a new text come in. It was from his dad Aether Stream. "Huh. I got a text from my dad. It's been a while since I heard from my parents." Burst Stream opened up the text. "Moon? Could you watch the house for a bit? I need to make a trip to Castalot. Something's come up with my parents."

"I'll hold down the fort." Nightmare Moon said with a shrug. "Besides, it'll give me a chance to get some experience with your consoles." She then smiled at Burst. "I wonder if us crossing controllers will be as eventful as us crossing swords."

Burst chuckled. "You really want to go a few rounds? Try dropping by me and the guys' training sessions once in a while. I'm pretty sure Steel and Ace are eager to see how they stack up against you." Burst grabbed his coat, and was soon on the next train to Castalot. "I wonder what's so important that Dad texted me to come immediately."

"I guess I'll find out soon." Burst Stream told himself as he opened the door to his old home. "I'm here Dad!" Burst called out as he entered his old house. "I came as soon as you-" Burst froze in his tracks as he saw Shining Dawn sitting across from his parents! Aether was sitting with his arms crossed, and didn't look too happy to see Shining Dawn sitting across from him. "Uh. . . what're you doing here?"

Shining Dawn smiled. "I knew I sensed something familiar within you when we first met Burst Stream. Or should I say. . . little brother?"

"Wait. What?" Burst Stream asked. "Did you just call me 'little brother'? Check your facts dude! My mom is the only person that my dad married. I'm the only child they ever had together. You can't possibly be my brother!"

Aether sighed. "No. He IS your brother Burst." Aether then returned his cross stare to Shining Dawn. "But make no mistake. I might have brought him into this world, but he ISN'T my son."

"Now, now Father." Shining Dawn said with a calm smile. "While I understand that your union with my mother was not the happiest, I-"

Aether sprang to his feet! "Union? Union?! There was no union!" Aether's wings flared out! Reflecting his angered state! Magic began to leak from his hands. "Your mother coerced me into sleeping with her! And the second she confirmed that she was pregnant with you, she cut all ties with me! I never even got to see you be born, or hold you in my arms to welcome you into the world! I had no part at all in raising you, and yet your mother Radiant Dawn still had the audacity to tell you that I was your father! She openly told me that she only stayed with me so she could produce an heir worthy of her bloodline!"

"Aether." Lumina said with a concerned look in her eyes as she grabbed onto her husband's arm. "I know how much you were hurt. What happened to you was wrong, and there's no excuse for it. But from that pain came something wonderful." Lumina smiled as she led Aether back to the couch. "You and I. And our son."

Shining Dawn smirked. "A valid point Miss Lumina. And judging by his feats, he is a son that you can be proud of. I should mention that I myself have a grand scheme in the works. One that will bring forth a new dawn in our history."

"You think that's why we're proud of Burst Stream?" Aether asked with a scoff. "How insulting. We're proud of him because of who he's come to be from how we raised him. What he's done is impressive. But it means nothing if who he is can't even stack up to his deeds."

Burst smiled at Aether. "Well, I owe how far I've come to you Dad. Without your training, I don't know if I'd even be standing here. I think you've really earned the World's Greatest Dad mug."

"Why do you keep disrespecting our father like this?" Shining Dawn asked. "Why do you keep calling him 'dad'? It's such a base, common term unworthy of a literal god among us!"

Burst raised an eyebrow. "I'm dating Princess Celestia. And couple that with the fact I was actually raised by Dad, I've learned one important truth. Avatars aren't perfect. They laugh, they cry, they hurt, they love just like anyone else. They're not perfect. But they do their best just like all of us. And in the end, that makes us all the same."

"Fine then." Shining Dawn said with a scoff. "Honestly? You're far more disappointing than mother said you would be." He then looked to Lumina. "Personally, I can't see why you settled for a such a common girl. Someone not worth your-?!"

Burst grabbed Shining Dawn, and pinned him against the wall! "NEVER talk about my family that way EVER AGAIN." He then pointed towards the door. "If you've got nothing else to do here, I suggest you leave." Burst Stream then released Shining Dawn. "But before you go, I've got a piece of advice for you. You can talk bad about me and call me a ruffian or brute. I don't care. But if I so much as hear you badmouth my friends, family, or hear you think less of Celestia just because she's dating me? I won't hesitate to make you regret it."

Shining Dawn stood in the doorway for a few seconds. "You're one of the few people with the guts to actually stand against me Burst Stream. I respect that. And the fact that you have such a relationship with our ruler. " He then left. It's almost a shame I'll have to ruin it since you are with her when I should be.

Burst let out a sigh. "You two have no idea how hard it was to resist the urge to punch that jerk. I think I'll just head back home now." Burst waved goodbye to his parents, and returned to his house back in Unityville. "I'm back."

"So what was the big emergency?" Nightmare Moon asked as she paused the game she was playing. "Did your dad reveal some sort of important destiny that said the fate of the world rested on your shoulders?"

Burst chuckled. "Worse. I found out I've got a brother I didn't know about whose illegitimate. I wouldn't have minded that fact if he wasn't a total prick who said my mom wasn't deserving of my dad. He's the same noble I learned my new shield spell from to booth. Name's Shining Dawn." Burst let out a sigh as he sat down on the couch next to Nightmare Moon. "Honestly Moon? I'm not even going to bother calling him a part of my family. Is that wrong of me?"

"If you feel no connection or closeness to Shining Dawn, then don't bother trying to acknowledge him as family." Nightmare Moon said. "You may share blood. But from what you've said, you're not brothers."

Burst smiled as he pulled Nightmare Moon into a hug. "Thanks Moon. I guess it takes someone who's fallen to know how to lift up other people."

". . . Anytime Burst Stream." Nightmare Moon said as she returned the hug. A slight blush on her face as she felt that warm sensation in her heart. It seemed especially stronger since Burst was so close. She wanted to pull him closer, but held off on it. Could he really love someone like me? Would I even deserve it? As soon as Burst pulled away, Nightmare Moon had an almost disappointed look on her face. How could I be in his heart when I'm not the girl in is dreams?