• Published 12th Jul 2018
  • 481 Views, 11 Comments

Finding Paradise: an EqG Tale - The Wandering Wind



Neil Watts and Eva Rosalene are called to Canterlot for a very peculiar patient. Will this be a successful night, or will this be more than they can handle? | Inspired by To the Moon and Finding Paradise by Freebird Games

  • ...
3
 11
 481

1 Portents of Catastrophe

It was just an ordinary day. Nothing had happened in a while since the last major incident, being the Memory Stone debacle. Twilight Sparkle was content with her life at CHS and the friends that she had made there. Even Wallflower was becoming popular with the other kids, starting a botany club on the weekends to help the school garden.

Yes, life was almost perfect, until she received a phone call….

Twilight, walking along the school’s hallways after closing up her and Sunset’s shared “magic lab” was admittedly ready for a lazy evening. Her thoughts drifted to the comforts of her bed and the warmth of her furry companion, Spike.

Just then, her phone began to ring, a startling sound in the normally quiet hall.

“Hello?” Twilight said, having no idea why anyone would be calling her now. Was there something wrong?”

“Twilight! Thank God I managed to get you to pick up! I’ve been calling for the last half hour!” Sunset Shimmer did not sound very happy. In fact, she sounded distraught. “You need to come to the hospital, quickly! Dash called me saying that Scootaloo’s sick, and she didn’t sound like it was just a cold!”

Twilight paled, “Oh no! It’s that bad? Are the other crusaders okay?”

“Yeah, they’re fine, they were with Scootaloo when she suddenly collapsed. I have no clue what’s going on, but our friends need us.”

“I agree, I’ll be there as soon as I can. Where are you?”

“Outside the school.” Sunset replied, “I came to get you since I knew your brother gave you a ride today.”

“Thanks, I’ll be right out.” Twilight quickly sprinted through the halls, making her way to the main entrance hall. Bright blue tapestries with the Wondercolt symbol flashed by as she sped by.

Bursting through the front doors, she saw Sunset’s convertible sitting in front of the pedestal where the Wondercolt statue used to stand. She rushed over and opened the door, a fresh breeze of A/C being let out as she got in.

As they began to speed away from the school, Twilight began questioning her fiery friend, “So, what’s the situation, Sunny? Why’s Scootaloo in the hospital?”

Pulling onto the motorway, Sunset just shook her head, “I really don’t know. As far as I knew, Scoot had just gotten some blood tests done a week ago, something about routine screening if Dash had it right. Then today I got a message from Dash saying there was an emergency, and I called and was told that Scootaloo was in the hospital. Other than that, I have no clue.”

Twilight thought for a moment, using her above-average intellect to piece the puzzle together. “Blood tests? Those wouldn’t usually run any red flags unless there was something specific that they were looking for. Which begs the question; what were they trying to find? It makes no sense unless Scootaloo was having specific problems that led the doctor to the conclusion that whatever he was testing for could be the cause. Oh, this is so worrying! There’s no end of things that could be hurting poor Scootaloo!”

“Well then, we just have to go find out, huh Twi?”

Sunset grimaced as she pulled the car into Canterlot General’s parking lot, dreading what it was that they would find.

Author's Note:

Well, how was the intro for my first foray into fanfiction? I hope I didn't give you too bad of a cliffhanger! Please read and review when you can!