• Published 8th Jul 2018
  • 386 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: Darkness Rising - CJ Esmerio



Twilight and her friends are informed of someone that could potentially have the power to wipe out all of Equestria. Also, a former enemy seeks help from those that may have some trouble in actually trusting him. Sequel to "An Epic Adventure".

  • ...
 2
 386

Redemption Complete

Author's Note:

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"belongs to DHX Media and Hasbro, while Stardust Balance is owned by the Warrior of Twilight, and FanficReader920 is the one who created Beck.

"Beck? Step forward, please."

The middle-aged pony nodded his head, and did as he was instructed, standing in the middle of the royal Canterlot throne room. In front of him were the thrones that were currently occupied by Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadence, and behind were Twilight, Casey, Starlight, Spike, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow, and Applejack.

The reason that everyone was there was because that, after Beck had apologized to all of those that he had captured, Twilight wanted him to hear from the rulers of Equestria that he was no longer deemed a threat to anyone around him.

"Where's Pinkie?" whispered Starlight, noticing that the pink pony was not with them, and Spike shrugged his shoulders in response while Princess Luna decided to speak.

"The last time that you were in this room, Beck, was not long after you had commited your terrible crimes, as well as when both Twilight and Casey were cleared to leave the hospital."

Poof!

Suddenly, Beck found himself locked up inside of a cage, and casually laying across the top was Discord, who gave a small wave to everyone. "So sorry for being late, but it took me a while to find his old cage… which may or may not have actually been taken out from Princess Twilight's dungeon, but anyway, please go on."

While Twilight brought a hoof to her forehead, Princess Cadence stood up as she began to speak next. "Your fate was then put into the hooves of Princess Twilight, who decided to take it upon herself into making sure that you completely understood the wrongness of your terrible actions against your own kind, and she helped you accomplish this by making apologies to all that were captured by you. Is that correct?"

"Y-yes, your Highness," replied Beck, nodding his head, and everyone looked over at Celestia, waiting for her to take her turn in talking to him.

"What do you plan on doing for the rest of your life, Beck?" asked the white royal alicorn.

After letting out a sigh, Beck stood up straight, and looked at the co-ruler of Equestria, as well as his secret teenage crush, with a sincere expression. "I just… want to live in happiness and positivity, your Hignesses, instead of rage and negativity… to resume doing what I used to long ago, which was continuing to study various plants from all over Equestria, along with a little bit of tinkering here and there, inside of my new place… and, um, that's pretty much it so far."

Celestia nodded her head, and she turned her attention to the Princess of Friendship. "Do you see him able to live his life this way, Twilight, without having to worry suffer through any kind of relapse?"

"Yes, I can, Princess Celestia," replied Twilight, which brought a small smile to Beck's face. "He knows that what he did was wrong, and I understand that it was out of extreme grief for the loved ones that he lost as a result of my - Tirek's rampage across Equestria. He just needed somepony to point him in the right direction of healing, and I was just the pony to do it."

A smirk appeared on Casey's face as he quietly agreed with his special somepony. True, he was far from even considering Beck as a friend, but in the end, Casey knew that the green-furred pony was no longer the same notorious and cruel animal that had landed both himself and Twilight in the hospital.

"Well, then I suppose there's only a few more things left to say." Beck looked over at the Princess of the Night, who had on a small smile. "In the eyes of everyone here, Beck, you will no longer be viewed as a villainous and vengeful pony, but one that regrets the mistakes he made, and would go to great lengths to feel like he belonged."

The middle-aged Earth Pony let out a sigh of relief, but before he could say anything, Luna had something else to add. "Be wise and careful of any important choices you make in the future that could lead us regretting to not taking further action against you."

"I hear you loud and clear, your Highness," said Beck, just as Discord snapped his fingers to make the cage vanish into thin air, with the draconeques now floating nearby Twiilght' friends, and he delivered a bow to the trio of princesses. "I would again like to offer my apologies for what I did to you all, and assure you that I will never do something like that again."

Then, to his surprise, Beck found himself looking up at Princess Celestia after he had stood back up. "And, once again, Beck, we all accept your apology… also, try a little harder with keeping certain secrets to yourself."

After Celestia gave him a quick wink, a sheepish smile appeared on Beck's blushing face, and he nodded his thanks before saying, "T-thank you, Princesses… I… uh… t-think I need a-"

"Alright, let's go get you some water before you pass out," said an amused Rainbow, quickly taking Beck out of the throne room, and Celestia looked over at Twilight, who seemed conflicted about something.

"Was there anything else that you had on your mind, Twilight?"

Her former pupil nodded, and she placed a hoof on the back of her neck, rubbing it a little while saying, "It's just that I… well… ever since we've got the school up and running again, I was also planning on having another, um, Friendship Festival here….in a week from today? I mean, it has almost been a year since the first one, and…"

"Oh?" replied Celestia, giving the young alicorn a warm smile. "What else did you have in mind regarding this second festival?"

While Twilight began to answer her question, Spike noticed that Rarity appeared to be bothered about something. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not quite sure just yet," replied the white and frowning unicorn. "But I feel as if Pinkie's using one of my own ideas without even asking."


After finally being able to gain back his conciousness, the vigilante pony quickly realized that he was no longer inside of his home. In fact, for some reason, he had been tied to a chair, and was currently sitting in front of a wooden desk, with only a single lightbulb from above as a source of light. "What the [BEEP] is all this?"

I had only one question for him, and that was if he was a bad pony, or a good pony.

Stepping out of the shadows was Pinkie Pie, wearing a brown trench coat and matching fedora hat, and she quietly glared at the tied-up pony sitting in front of her.

He certainly doesn't look like a bad pony, but you just never know these days. Can't be too careful, right?

"Okay, why don't you do yourself a favor, Pinkie, and-"

"How do you know who I am, huh?" questioned the pink pony, raising a suspicious eyebrow at him.

He closed his eyelids halfway, and replied, "It certainly isn't that hard to figure out… now, can you please get me out of this damn thing?"

Pinkie shook her head, and she said, "You aren't going anywhere until everyone's returned from what they are doing out in Canterlot. In the meantime, however, you and I are going to have some fun… keep your eyes on him, Gummy, while I get the special stuff."

As the young Earth Pony disappeared into the darkness, her captive saw that there was now a small toothless green alligator standing on top of the table, currently facing in the same direction as him, and the vigilante pony let out a sigh. "I can't even tell if you are looking at me or not."

Gummy just blinked his eyes a few times, remaining silent while the captured pony shook his head. "Great, I'm even talking to the damn thing now."