• Published 9th Jul 2018
  • 765 Views, 21 Comments

Legend of Everfree: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



Sci-Twi, Sunset Shimmer, and the rest of their friends are excited for their trip to Camp Everfree, especially when Fragment Hunter wants to tag along with them for some rest and relaxation. However, something strange is happening at the campgrounds.

  • ...
6
 21
 765

Getting Away

The sun was starting to shine through Twilight's bedroom window as she and Spike were sound asleep. While the dog was snoring, Twilight was tossing and turning as she began to talk in her sleep. "No... It can't be...! It isn't true," she muttered and sounded like she was having a nightmare. While she was having a bad dream, Spike woke up and heard somebody call for Twilight as they knocked on her door. Barking excitedly, he got up and ran toward the door while somebody else exclaimed something to Twilight as she began to wake up from Spike's barking.

"Twilight! The bus for Camp Everfree leaves in ten minutes," Rainbow Dash said and managed to get Twilight to realize what was going on.

"Oh, no-no-no-no-no! I can't believe I overslept," Twilight panicked as she put on her glasses.

The Rainbooms, who were now dressed for their camping trip, entered her room and checked up on her. Spike went over to Fluttershy, who started to pet the small dog while the others either spoke to Twilight or looked around the girl's room. "Me neither. That's not like you," Sunset Shimmer remarked as Twilight rushed to pack her suitcase. At the same time, Rainbow Dash was checking out a hoodie that Twilight owned to see if it would look good on herself.

"Don't you have a super-annoying alarm clock that goes like this," Pinkie Pie asked as she began to imitate an alarm clock's buzzer as she made exaggerated gestures. Hearing something under Twilight's pillow, Pinkie lifted it up to find an alarm clock sounding off not even two seconds after she did her impression.

Sunset walked over and turned it off for Twilight before turning back to her. "It's gonna be fine. We'll help you pack," she said as everyone else nodded. As everyone added what Twilight needed for camp into her suitcase, there were a few other items that were added. Fluttershy put in a llama plushie, Spike placed one of his chew toys in the bag, and Rainbow Dash's addition was an autographed photo of herself in a customized frame. "Rainbow Dash, why would Twilight need this when all of us are going to camp together," Sunset questioned. Rainbow only chuckled as the photo was removed from the suitcase.

When Rarity found something to pack for Twilight, Applejack sighed when she saw Rarity was holding up a dress. Coincidentally, the other Rainbooms recognized it as the same one that Sci-Twi's alternate counterpart from Equestria wore when they first went to Canterlot High School's Fall Formal together. "We're gonna be out in the woods. When is she gonna need that," Applejack questioned.

"If we were going to the moon, I'd insist that she'd pack an evening gown," Rarity said in reply as she placed the dress in Twilight's suitcase. "One never knows, darling."

"I'm not sure of how Azalea, Blaze, and the others in Fragment Hunter would answer, but go ahead and pack it. We need to get going," Applejack told Rarity.

Rainbow Dash zipped up Twilight's suitcase for her and carried it. "Lemme just get changed and I'll meet you guys outside," Twilight said as she reached into her closet. Every student who signed up for Camp Everfree was given a t-shirt or tank top with the camp's logo on the front, so most of the students joining the trip would be wearing them while they were attending camp. After Twilight got changed, she remembered the dream she had earlier and shook it off. While she was still a little groggy from waking up like she did, she chose to get some more sleep on the bus ride if she needed it.


After the Rainbooms met up at their bus, they saw several of their classmates all dressed up for the summer camp as well. Not only that, but they saw Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna were wearing scout uniforms. "Alright, everyone. It's time to head off for Camp Everfree," Celestia told the students/campers.

While everyone was starting to board the vehicle, the Rainbooms looked around for Fragment Hunter. "Where are they," Twilight asked as Spike sat between her and Fluttershy. "They said that they'd be here and I made sure to remind them while they were hanging out with us yesterday afternoon."

"I'm sure that they're just getting a few last minute things before they get here," Sunset Shimmer reassured. "Tents, sleeping bags, snacks, spare clothes..."

"Well, I'm sure that they'll need something to travel in because the bus is getting pretty full," Rainbow Dash remarked.

"Like what? A big airship or something," Applejack rhetorically asked before laughing at what she said. While she did that, a large shadow was cast over everyone as they were boarding the bus. Noticing the shadow because there wasn't a cloud in the sky that morning, Applejack stopped laughing as she, the Rainbooms, and everyone else noticed something in the sky above them.

"Oh my," Fluttershy managed to voice out as everyone couldn't believe what they saw. Flying above the campers was a large airship that looked like it could carry 20 or more people. It had what looked like wings, but they moved like the flippers of a turtle. Everyone was speechless at what they saw until they saw a man with windswept blond hair, goggles, an armored bomber jacket, and falcon talons for feet floating down toward them. The Rainbooms recognized him as Ventus Gaia, a Falcon Faunus who was Azalea's uncle.

As he made his descent Pinkie grabbed at Applejack and started to shake her friend around. "Quick, AJ! Now say that chocolate milk will rain from the sky," she exclaimed before releasing AJ. When she did, she rushed over to a sunnier area with her mouth wide open and balancing herself on one leg. When Applejack said nothing and the sky was still clear, Pinkie pouted as she walked back to the others in time to see Ventus land.

"Hey, girls," Ven greeted as he pulled something out of his pocket. "We'll talk more on the road with this." Giving Sunset Shimmer a small object, he pulled out a second one to reveal what it was. "It's a Scroll. Basically a multi-purpose communicator back in Remnant. I'll explain more when we call it." With that, Ventus flew back up to the airship above and everyone watched him fly back up to the aerial vehicle with his powers. Twilight was still gawking and wondering how the airship could even fly with its design while Rainbow Dash had a giant grin on her face as she wondered what other kind of vehicles existed in Remnant.

"Well... that was unexpected, but it seems as though everyone is here," Vice Principal Luna remarked and caught the attention of the girls. "Come along. We can't keep the driver and the other campers waiting."


As the bus and airship headed out of the city, the Rainbooms listened to Ventus' explanation about the airship and the Scroll they were given. About halfway through the trip, Twilight got some more sleep to make up for what happened that morning. However, she was flailing around when she dreamt that her friends were attacked by something she didn't want to see again. Midnight Sparkle, the monstrous alternate personality she became during the Friendship Games between Canterlot High School, Crystal Prep Academy, and Fragment Hunter. "No! Stop," Twilight screamed out in terror as her alter ego tried to possess her in the dream.

"Twilight, wake up," Spike called out to her as he nudged against the girl.

"We can't stop, silly! We're not there yet," Pinkie Pie reminded as she and Sunset Shimmer, who were sitting behind Twilight and Spike, checked up on the girl when they heard her talking in her sleep.

"Hey, are you okay," Sunset Shimmer asked in concern.

"Yeah," replied a voice from the Scroll that Sunset held onto. "We could hear you from here since I was still talking to Shimmer."

"I'm fine," Twilight said to not worry her friends as she put on a fake smile. "And, sorry about that, Azalea."

"It's alright," Azalea reassured Twilight.

"We are gonna have so much fun," Pinkie exclaimed. "We're gonna roast marshmallows and eat marshmallows and sleep on marshmallow pillows!"

"Yeah, probably not gonna do that last one," Rainbow Dash commented from the seat in front of Twilight.

"Maybe you're not," Pinkie said before she pulled out a giant bag of marshmallows from out of nowhere and hugged it.

Just then, Principal Celestia spoke to everyone on the bus. "Attention, students, we're almost there. But before we arrive, we just wanted to say how proud we are of you for raising enough money to go on this class field trip."

"When we were your age, we made some of our favorite memories in these woods, and we're sure you will, too," Luna said to everyone as well.

"Now, who's excited for Camp Everfree," Celestia asked and everyone responded by cheering. Everyone was excited for a week of camping in the woods, even Twilight and Fragment Hunter. The former Crystal Prep student was less vocal than everyone else, but she was happy to join her friends. Looking out the bus window, she tried to push back her nightmares and focus on the trip. Soon, Celestia thought of something and spoke up to everyone again when they calmed down. "I think we should pass the rest of the trip by singing some songs," she suggested. Everyone muttered in agreement before a mandolin started to play from the Scroll Sunset was given.

"My mom plays the mandolin and thought she would bring it with her for the trip," Azalea explained before letting the music play. Sunset Shimmer turned the volume up so that the instrument could be heard and everyone could sing Camp Everfree's official song.

Will you be lost by time or be part of history?
Will your story be told or remain a mystery?
Will they sing your song, telling all that you have done?
Time to make your choice, only you can be the one

Oh, oh, oh-oh-whoa
As you join in the Legend of Everfree! (Hey!)
Oh, oh, oh-oh-whoa
As you join in the Legend of Everfree! (Hey! Hey! Hey!)

Will you do something great with the time that you have here?
Will you make your mark? Will you conquer what you fear?
And when you go back home, everybody there will see
You were part of the Legend of Everfree!

Oh, oh, oh-oh-whoa
As you join in the Legend of Everfree! (Hey!)
Oh, oh, oh-oh-whoa
As you join in the Legend of Everfree! (Hey!)

Will you find your greatest glory?
Will you be a falling star?
Here to learn what nature teaches
Here to learn more who you are

Will you be lost by time or be part of history?
Will your story be told or remain a mystery?
And when you go back home, everybody there will see
You were part of the Legend of Everfree!

Oh, oh, oh-oh-whoa
As you join in the Legend of Everfree! (Hey!)
Oh, oh, oh-oh-whoa
As you join in the Legend of Everfree!
Hey!

As the bus and airship passed through the beautiful countryside, everyone sang along to song and even clapped along to the beat. When the song ended, Fragment Hunter began to play some of their own music to help pass the time while the CHS campers did their own things on the bus. A little while later, the two vehicles reached the entrance to Camp Everfree. The bus drove through the gate and parked just after it while the airship opted to hover above the campground courtyard. Soon, everyone from CHS got off the bus to collect their bags while the members of Fragment Hunter and the guests that they brought literally jumped off of the airship and landed in the middle of camp. When 16 people landed on the ground or were caught by somebody who did, the remaining person in the airship left to find a safe spot to land.

"Well, here we are," said Terracotta as he placed Ivy safely on the ground. "Camp Everfree."

Author's Note:

And now I'm finished with this chapter. The scene in Twilight's bedroom would likely have been just what happened earlier for the characters if it wasn't a dream, so I decided to do just that. However, Twilight did have the dream on the bus ride to the camp, so I just added that in.

The song for the movie's opening is one of my favorites because it sounds so nice. Really fits the original plans of the characters.

Next chapter, we'll have the Rainbooms meet back up with Fragment Hunter, show some of my other Original Characters that are joining the latter for the trip, and have some extra suggestions for camp activities given by the visitors from Remnant.

If you have any questions about my characters or possibilities for the story, go ahead and ask away.