• Published 9th Jul 2018
  • 765 Views, 21 Comments

Legend of Everfree: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



Sci-Twi, Sunset Shimmer, and the rest of their friends are excited for their trip to Camp Everfree, especially when Fragment Hunter wants to tag along with them for some rest and relaxation. However, something strange is happening at the campgrounds.

  • ...
6
 21
 765

Prologue: Another Visit, Another Adventure

Everyone at Canterlot High School was going about their day when Principal Celestia made an announcement. "Good afternoon, everyone. Vice Principal Luna and I would like to remind everyone who signed up for Camp Everfree that the class trip tomorrow," Celestia explained. The students all spoke to each other in excitement about the camping trip for students who raised enough money for it. "Be sure to have all the belongings that you plan to take packed and ready when the bus arrives to pick you up for camp at the same time you would be picked up for school," Celestia reminded. "Everyone have a great day before the field trip."

Meeting up in the courtyard by the broken Wondercolt Statue, the Rainbooms all talked about the upcoming trip. "This field trip's going to be so much fun," Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she bounced around the remains of the statue.

"You said it, Pinkie," Applejack commented as she adjusted her hat. Then, a rainbow-colored flash of light appeared from behind the destroyed statue which caught the attention of everyone but Rainbow Dash, who had her eyes closed and her back turned.

"I can't wait for tomorrow," Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Can't wait for what," a familiar voice asked.

Rainbow Dash turned around to see that Fragment Hunter, their friends from another world called Remnant, had stopped by for another visit. "We were just talking about the class trip to Camp Everfree that's happening tomorrow," Rainbow explained.

"You're going camping? Cool," said Silver Wuruhi as he flicked his wolf tail.

"Hey, maybe you guys could talk to Principal Celestia about coming along with us," Sunset Shimmer suggested. "It could be more fun with you guys."

Slate Quartz pondered the idea as he held onto his hat. "Hmm... It would be interesting to go camping here. I could bring my little sister," he remarked.

"And I could invite Bianca," Azalea Calla Holstein exclaimed in excitement. "She's always been inviting us places since we saw each other back at the Beacon Dance."

"You mean where she kissed Silver on the cheek and he stumbled around like a dope," Rua Amaranth joked as she looked at the Wolf Faunus, who only blushed and chuckled nervously at the memory.

"I'll admit that I wouldn't be against going camping," Celadon Flynn voiced as she moved her bangs out of her eyes.

"Especially since the camp is giving us tents and meals," Rarity agreed.

"At least we won't have to deal with the usual problems with camping," Rebecca Haze said. "Werewolves, demonic bears, giant venomous centipedes, giant mantis monsters, monster ravens, or any other type of Grimm while we're here."

"Um... are those Grimm really everywhere in Remnant," Fluttershy asked as she remembered all the chaos at the Friendship Games when monsters from Remnant known as 'Creatures of Grimm' appeared throughout the events. "Because they were terrifying when we first saw them."

"Mostly," Lapis Ondine honestly replied. "However, most civilizations in Remnant tend to have defenses of some sort to protect themselves. Whether natural like the climate and geography or man-made like large city walls and automated defense systems."

"But, the Grimm coming here to CHS was probably a one-time thing because of those rifts," Sunset Blaze, the de facto leader of Fragment Hunter, said in order to comfort Fluttershy.

"We should focus on going camping," Azalea stated. "I'm sure that my family would be happy to chaperone the trip, just in case."

"You'll need to talk with Principal Celestia about it, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind you all coming along," Sci-Twi mentioned.

"Rua, let's go get my parents," Azalea told her friend before the two girls vanished in another rainbow-colored flash of light before reappearing another minute or two later. "So, what do you guys say," Azalea said to her parents, Terracotta Gaia and Ivy Dahlia Holstein.

The two bovine Faunus thought it over before they gave their answer. "Of course, princess. Besides, I haven't actually been camping in a while," Terracotta said to his daughter. "Let's go and talk with Principal Celestia about letting us go on the trip."


Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna were going over what they needed for the Camp Everfree trip in the former's office when they heard a knock on the door. "Come in," Celestia said to the person on the other side. When they opened the door, the two principals immediately recognized the tall and muscular male who had to duck under the door frame to safely get in the room. "Oh, Terracotta Gaia. What a pleasant surprise to meet you again after everything at the Friendship Games," Celestia greeted.

"Same to you, Principal Celestia," Terracotta said as he, Ivy, and the members of Fragment Hunter all walked into the office. "We heard from a few of your students that there was a camping trip coming up. They invited my daughter and her friends to join them and we wanted to make sure it was okay with you for us to come along."

"If supplies or transportation are the only issue, we can provide our own to make it easier for you," Ivy mentioned.

When the elder Cow Faunus said that, Lapis pondered something out loud. "Would Rua normally be able to bring something like a Bullhead somewhere with her Semblance?"

Rua thought this over for herself before giving her teammate an answer. "I think I'd overexert myself and get a nosebleed if I did it with something that big, but I would survive," she stated.

As Celestia thought about bringing Fragment Hunter along, Luna tapped her sister's shoulder and whispered something to her. "Everyone did provide more than enough funds. I'm sure that if they bring their own equipment, they would be allowed to stay near the campgrounds with everybody," Luna told Celestia.

"As long as they can spend time with everyone else and make fond memories like we did when we went to Camp Everfree as students at CHS," Celestia said to her younger sister before turning back to face Terracotta and Ivy. "I believe that we can let you all join us on the class trip. I'm sure that you'll have a great time with each other and all your friends that you made here."

Fragment Hunter all cheered at the agreement as they left for Terracotta and Ivy to discuss additional details with the principals. "Oh yeah! Let's get everything ready, gang," Silver exclaimed as his tail wagged behind him.

Author's Note:

And I'm back with the next "Equestria Girls: Another Story" fic. If you haven't checked out the other stories I made, go ahead and read them if you want to see what I did for the other specials.

I wanted to make this little prologue chapter because the actual story opened with the dream sequence and cut to the girls riding the bus, which showed them already on their way to Camp Everfree.

Like always with my fics focusing on my OCs, go ahead and ask if you want to know more about them.