• Published 7th Jul 2018
  • 5,636 Views, 105 Comments

Shadow of the Sun - TacoTues4Eva



After feeling alone and unwanted, as well as justifiably angry, Sunset makes a deal with a seemingly kind older man. He just might not be as innocent as he lets on.

  • ...
5
 105
 5,636

Chapter 6

“Ahm tellin ya all, Sunset is on tha verge of goin all demon again.” Applejack snapped at her friends, holding her bandaged side as she glared at her friends around their table at Sugarcube Corner. She didn’t want to believe it herself, but what Sunset did to her yesterday was nowhere near normal. Even for their group.

“And I’m telling you to drop it AJ.” Rainbow Dash said as she idly stirred her milkshake while staring over at her friend with a defeated expression. “We already hurt Sunset enough, we don’t need to add to it by accusing her of going demon again.”

“Darling, what if Applejack has a point.” Rarity said, shrinking back as the two more aggressive girls of the group turned their attention to her. “Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to believe it myself. Sunset has been through a lot lately. What if everything that has happened is affecting her and she might be reverting back into that demon thing by no fault of her own?”

“I wish Twilight was here.” Pinkie Pie whined, her hair mostly flat as she to played with her drink. “Maybe one of us can go through the portal and ask her for help?”

“Twilight does know about all of this magic stuff, maybe if something is wrong she can find out without hurting Sunset more than we already have.” Rainbow Dash mused.

“That there is ah great idea, sugarcube.” Applejack agreed.

“Yeah, Twi can see if she thinks Sunset is reverting without having to bother Sunset. We can make sure she is okay without risking another verbal beatdown.” Rainbow Dash agreed, “Even if we deserve it.”

“I just wish we could have our friend back.” Pinkie Pie sighed.

“We all do, darling. We all do.” Rarity said.

“If only we didn’t mess up so badly as friends.” Fluttershy squeaked out.

“So, who is going?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I will, I’m already used to it over there anyways.” Pinkie Pie admitted getting curious looks from the others. “What? Was it something I said?”

💔💔💔

Sunset stood in front of a large window display of the store, ignoring the chill breeze as she admired the different colors of the blinking lights of the Christmas decorations. It was beautiful, something that Sunset had always wanted to be a part of yet could never afford. Now that she had money she decided maybe now would be a good time to indulge in this frivolous little holiday activity. It would be different and fun and something to get her mind off of things. And now that she had her own real place, the timing couldn’t be better.

“Muffin?” A voice asked starting Sunset as said muffin was shoved under her nose. She couldn’t help smiling as she took the offered muffin while turning to the group of girls standing there.

“Thanks Derpy. Hi girls.” Sunset greeted her new acquaintances, and hopefully new friends as she unwrapped the muffin and enjoyed the strawberry muffin.

“So what’s up Shimmer?” Vinyl asked, grinning at Sunset.

“Well, I was thinking about decoration my place for Christmas. Not too sure what to get though.” Sunset said seeing a shocked look on pretty much the entire group standing there.

“Christmas isn’t too far off and you still haven’t decorated?” Lyra gasped.

“I never had a real home before this year.” Sunset said making the girls frown as they realized she was from another world.

“So you have one now love? Then let’s make it perfect for your first Christmas in your new home.” Octavia said.

“Yeah, we can help get what you need.” Bon Bon agreed.

“Well, I have plenty of money to get what I want. I would love the company and help decorating though. I’ll even order pizza for everyone.” Sunset offered with a grin as the others cheered.

“Glad you are finally coming around.” Octavia said, “I was worried that you were trying to avoid us because of what happened with the others.”

“I’m not, I know all of you only tried to help even if I was too blind to see at the time. I just had a lot on my plate this week, but I would love to start hanging out more if you girls seriously want to.” Sunset said.

“Well then, let’s go shopping!” Derpy cheered getting the others to giggle as her excitement quickly infected the others.

💔💔💔

“When I get home, I expect you to be gone.” Cinch growled out over the phone to her husband, soon to be ex-husband as she stared out of the window to the parking lot below. She was on the third floor of the hospital alone in the family waiting area as the doctors took her daughter for more tests. They had no clue what was wrong with her, and her husband not only had the nerve to ignore her requests that he come in and see their daughter, but he had blamed all of this on Cinch herself. Said it was her genes that caused their son to do what he did, and possibly their daughter being behind it. The ass knew nothing hurt more, or angered her more than saying shit like that. Cinch didn’t know her family seeing she was an orphan who worked hard to get where she was.

She had a very comfortable life going when she was stupid enough to fall for that bastard. She had worked hard, aspired to be the best of the best in school and her choice of work. She made plenty of investments in the stock market and came out on top over and over to the point she didn’t even need to really work as an educator. Being an educator was her passion though, and her two children were her life and the only reason she let her husband persuade her to take him back again and again.

“Come on babe, don’t say that. You know you can’t get by without me.” The man said, his ego and conceit showing. “I’ll come see you.”

“You should be coming to see your daughter, not me. You know what, if you aren’t out of my house by the time I get home then I’ll burn everything you have.” Cinch growled out ending the call.

“There you are, I have great news. Your daughter has woken up, she’s asking for you.” The nurse that has been keeping Cinch up to date said getting a sigh of relief from the woman.

“Thank you, I’m coming.” Cinch said as she put her phone away in her bag. She didn’t know what was wrong with her daughter, but she would always be there for her. She may not like any of the choices the girl made lately, nor would she hide evidence of misdoings, but Cinch would always love her daughter and be there for her. The same for her son.

💔💔💔

“Girls, I don’t think this is a really good idea.” Fluttershy muttered as the group of friends gathered by the portal in the base of the Wondercolts statue. She had been going back and forth on the subject ever since they discussed it earlier and she just couldn’t see a reason to get Twilight involved in this. She also didn’t like doing something that could potentially hurt Sunset Shimmer even more.

“Shy, we need to do this to make sure that nobody gets hurt. If Sunset is reverting back into a demon, it isn’t her fault.” Rainbow Dash said while patting Fluttershy’s shoulder. “It is our responsibility to save her from herself if we drove her to this.”

“Darling, Rainbow Dash is completely right for once.” Rarity said with a mischievous smirk as Rainbow Dash shot her a glare. “If Sunset is becoming that thing again, it is likely because of the entire school, our sisters and as much as I hate to admit it, mostly because of us. We didn’t learn our lesson the first time and this time the consequences not only cost us a dear friend, but may have pushed her down a dark path.”

“Sugarcube, there’s nothing we can do right now to win Sunset back. We done went and screwed that all up. What we can do is make sure Sunset is safe.” Applejack said, rubbing her eyes.

“Less talking, more action!” Pinkie Pie cried before jumping through the base of the statue.

Author's Note:

This chapter is a little later than I wanted and a lot shorter than planned. I've restarted the damned thing numerous times trying to get everything perfect and trying to decide what I want in this chapter and the next as they will be important, very important. Well, my luck is I went and hurt my back, not bad though. It hurts like hell and it is hard to get comfortable or stay still as it is hard to get comfortable right now. So it is hard to focus meaning it is hard to read more than a small amount or write little chunks at a time. So I decided that I will release the next chapter in 3 or 4 chunks to help get it done. The next Shadow Reaper chapter may be the same way as I have some important bits for it if I decide to do hem all this time for her, or I may use only some things and use the rest next Shadow Reaper chapter.

Comments ( 25 )

Go see a chiropracter, mine fixes me up quick whenever I throw something out.

The Rainbooms are really screwing themselves over, aren’t they? Thinking that because Sunset hasn’t come running back to them after their betrayal and ‘precious little angels’ were exposed, she’s becoming evil?

Sure Sunset made a contract with the Devil and now has a second side to her. But her not forgiving them was the Rainboom’s own fault. They chose to leave Sunset crying in the hall. They chose to not trust her. Their stubbornness and pride has destroyed their friendship with her, and they can’t face that. Instead of taking respoionabilty, they just think Sunset is becoming a demon again because she wouldn’t come back to them like some sort of pet.

Comment posted by CosmosGalen deleted Nov 20th, 2018

please have pinkie fly through the portal smoking with a note from twilight telling them to never come back.

Comment posted by CosmosGalen deleted Nov 20th, 2018

I guess this is the getting worse part...

9253126
Dont be like that :ajsmug:. I have faved two stories and it took them more than a YEAR to update!
"Sundowner" and "You cant help who you love" shimmer stories.

Comment posted by CosmosGalen deleted Nov 20th, 2018

....... Well this gives birth to many an interesting idea now doesn't it?

You now have my attention.

I'd like more..... Also hate the part with Filthy Rich.

9048092
I Hate when people use the They lose the Farm bit Its just so over done.

9772204
Really? This is the first one I've read where they lose the farm.

9890114
It happens in a lot of ANON-A-MISS Fics.

9892075
Not in the ones I've read.

9892134
Then keep looking. You'll find them eventually.

So...When will this get updated???

Update?


9892134
10054000
Actually, I have to agree with Edguy here..... Seems not to really be the majority of Anon-a-Miss stories.
Could you perhaps link some of them, if you remember them, please?

10525521
.....That's a lot of things in my list.....:facehoof:

You can't leave us hanging. What happens next?

I do hope you decide to continue this, was rather fun.

I need more!!!

Pwease make more of this awesome story. :pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment