• Published 7th Jul 2018
  • 5,670 Views, 105 Comments

Shadow of the Sun - TacoTues4Eva



After feeling alone and unwanted, as well as justifiably angry, Sunset makes a deal with a seemingly kind older man. He just might not be as innocent as he lets on.

  • ...
5
 105
 5,670

Chapter 3

“What the hell?” One of the three boys cried out as Shadow landed between the three and their target who froze in place where she was sprawled out in the show looking up at the creature with large wigs spread out fully to intimidate.

“Oh, so close, but wrong.” Shadow said, hissing the word wrong in mock sympathy as if they missed the million dollar question in a game show.

“Don’t think you can scare us with your cosplay bullshit bitch!” The second boy slurred, his aggression levels higher than the other two and seeing to mostly have control of his movements despite being fully loaded with cheap beer if the bottle in his hand was any indication.

“Dude, she fell out of the sky! That ain’t no cosplay!” The third screamed as she started backing away only for tendrils of shadow to spear out from Shadow and wrap around their necks to drag them to her, forcing them on their knees before her.

“Such naughty little boys you are.” Shadow said licking her lips, purposely showing one of her fangs even if she wasn’t going to use it. “Want to tell me why you were chasing a poor, innocent girl around saying such cruel and naughty things?”

“S-Screw you bitch! We aren’t afraid of you!” The second boy snarled while his two buddies were begging for their lives on either side of him.

“Oh, I’m sorry sweetie, you just aren’t my type.” Shadow grinned, her eyes flashing with power as she held out her hands and inhaled deeply. If one looked close enough they could see a dark miasma slowly form around the boys and stream into Shadows mouth as they changed from being scared for their lives to begging for forgiveness for what they’ve done. It was more of a snack than a full course meal, but the memories she was seeing was disgusting. The things they had planned made her want to kill them, but she wouldn’t take a life. Not even ones as pathetic as these three.

“Please forgive me, I’m sorry!” The three boys cried in unison as most of the darkness was drained from their bodies. It would have a chance to grow back depending on their decisions, but the memory of her was sure to help keep that from happening. By morning they would be at the first church begging the pastor, priest or rabbi to listen to their sins as they repent everything they have ever done. And that was if the police even let them go.

“I’m sorry, I’m not about forgiveness. I’m about second chances, and if that fails, punishment. Go turn yourselves into the police and tell them everything! Every single little detail, and maybe I won’t visit you in your dreams and eat your souls next!” Shadow hissed out, bluffing about the devouring their souls. Things didn’t just work that way, though she wasn’t lying either. Just a little word play to make these idiots think twice before going down the wrong path again and letting the darkness in their souls regrow.

Turning around as the three boys ran away, not even needing to see that they were heading in the general direction of the police station as were her orders, Shadow turned to find Twilight Sparkle to her feet shaking not from the cold, but from what she just witnessed. She was holding a small silver cross with a chain that must have broken in her haste to get it off and hold it out like a shield.

“Please don’t come any closer!” Twilight whimpered as she held out the cross, her hand shaking so much it was a miracle that she didn’t drop it.

“Oh, that is so cute!” Shadow gushed mockingly as she plucked it from Twilight’s fingers making the girl let out a squeak. With a little bit of magic that went unnoticed to Twilight as Shadow folded her wings over her shoulders like a cloak the clasp was fixed on the chain. After inspecting the intricate design, she came to the conclusion that it was most likely a gift from her grandmother.

“Please stay away.” Twilight whimpered again taking one step back only to freeze when their eyes locked. Shadow stepped up to Twilight and reached around the girl’s neck to clasp the chain back in place and letting the cross settle back on Twilight’s chest.

“Number one, when trying to use a religious relic to ward off evil spirits, don’t use something that was a gift from your grandmother and you don’t fully believe in.” Shadow admonished as she left her hands rest on Twilight’s shoulders, their faces mere inches apart.

“It was a gift from my grandfather.” Twilight mumbled automatically as her wide frightened eyes stared into Shadow’s own.

“Touché. And number two, that won’t work on me anyways. I’m a spirit of darkness, not evil. Huge difference there.” Shadow mocked with a huge grin wondering if her plan was going to take things too far or not. Not that she cared really.

“What are you going to do to me?” Twilight whimpered, unable to look away.

“I’m going to lick you.” Shadow cheekily chirped out, finding it difficult to hold her laughs in as Twilight’s eyes seemed to impossibly double in size.

“You’re going to do what!?” Twilight shrieked only to have Shadow dart forward that last inch and run her tongue up Twilight’s cheek leaving behind a path of saliva. With another shriek Twilight jumped back as Shadow almost doubled over as her mad giggles filled the air. “What the hell is wrong with you!? That’s disgusting! Do you even know how unsanitary that even is!? It’s disgusting! You are crazy! You…”

“Names Shadow Reaper, what’s yours?” Shadow asked as Twilight seemed to realize her tirade was aimed at what could only be described as a demon. She knew this girl wasn’t the princess from the memories she could see on the surface thoughts of those boys. They were like an open book.

“Twilight Sparkle. You aren’t going to hurt me, are you?” Twilight asked hesitantly only to get another giggle from Shadow while wiping the drool left behind on her cheek by the winged girl.

“Why would I go to the trouble of saving you only to hurt you?” Shadow asked.

“I don’t know, but aren’t you a demon?” Twilight asked.

“Has anyone ever told you that you’re cute when you’re trying to be all smart?” Shadow asked earning a blush from the other girl. “No, I’m not a demon. Not exactly anyways. I hunt evil, be it rouge demons who are actually evil or idiot humans like the three stooges back there.”

“They wouldn’t have really hurt me, you know. They’ve done this before, all they do is harass me. One of them has a sister that goes to my school and he doesn’t like that I keep scoring higher on everything than she does.” Twilight said, gathering her bag and spilled books off the ground and shoving them back in her bag.

Shadow knew better though from the memories she saw, maybe it was different this time because they were drunk or this had been building for awhile, but they weren’t going to simply just let Twilight go this time. It was a bit of news she felt Twilight didn’t have to know though and cause anymore distress that she had already gone through.

“Well, come on, let’s get you home before anything else happens.” Shadow said motioning in a random direction.

“I live this way.” Twilight said starting off in the opposite direction making Shadow groan before hurrying to catch up.

“By the way, has anyone ever told you that you are sexy when you blush?” Shadow chirped as she walked with Twilight, hiding a grin when said girl stumbled.

“I have no idea why I’m trusting you even.” Twilight sighed.

“Because I’m sexy?” Shadow asked earning another blush from Twilight.

“What is it with you and this obsession with sexiness?” Twilight sputtered.

“What obsession? I’m just stating simple scientific fact. You have the whole sexy librarian thing down flat. And me, I have the whole sexy she-demon thing.” Shadow simply explained as if it was an every day fact of life.

“Okay, that aside, I really want to know what you are. Can I run some tests on you?” Twilight asked in excitement as images of the nobel prize flashed in her mind.

“Oh, our little Twily is growing up. She wants to play doctor with me!” Shadow squealed in mock excitement.

“Shut up, people will hear you! And it’s not like that.” Twilight groaned in embarrassment hoping that nobody heard as they were moving into her neighborhood. “And I just want to learn more about you.”

“I guess I might let you run some tests, but not tonight. I would be happy to come back and see you, as a friend. On the condition that what ever we talk about or whatever you learn is kept between us. I do not want to see a report about me ending up in a scientific journal somewhere, understood?” Shadow asked, crossing her arms and stopping to give Twilight a serious look. She almost felt bad being this strict with Twilight, but this was something that could not be spread around. It was probably a stupid thing to do really, but she already said she would do it.

“You will be my friend?” Twilight asked, obviously touched by the sentiment, latching onto that over any possibilities of learning about Shadow.

“Of course I will.” Shadow said, giving an encouraging smile though she knew Twilight’s curiosity would return sooner or later. She could tell Twilight was very smart and scientifically oriented if the memories from the boys and Shadow’s own observations were correct.

“This is my place.” Twilight said stopping in front of a nice house. Shadow could tell that Twilight’s family must have been well off as this was in a nicer neighborhood than any of the Sunset’s old friends.

“I guess I’ll see you later. If I don’t have to take care of anything tomorrow night, I’ll come by.” Shadow said as she turned with a wave over her shoulder.

“Thank you! Thank you for everything!” Twilight blurted out before hugging Shadow tightly a few moments then running into the house. Shadow couldn’t help the surprise she felt at the actions, but couldn’t help feeling a sense of happiness from it.

She slowly made her way back out of the neighborhood, her wings looking more like a shawl or more accurately a cloak over her shoulders and draping down her body. It almost reminded her of that old Disney cartoon that Pinkie Pie had once showed Sunset that Rainbow Dash actually liked. Snarling at the reminder of the girls, she flared her wings and took flight into the night sky when she was out of sight of any possibly nosey neighbors.

💔💔💔

Sunset groaned as she sat at her table sipping on a cup of coffee. It would be her second morning waking up in her new place and she still couldn’t believe it was hers. She was taking full advantage of it now as she could actually have something in her stomach to start the day as her bagel with cream cheese sat next to her. In her other hand she held her phone reading the morning news while trying to push the strange dreams of Twilight Sparkle out of her head. When she came to an article reading, “Possible Murder Plot Stopped Before it Began” came up Sunset almost dropped her phone. Even though there was no names listed since they were all underage, the little information there was almost exactly like what happened in her dream.