• Published 7th Jul 2018
  • 412 Views, 1 Comments

Anon's Final Watch - Vulcan094

  • ...
 1
 412

A Life Changing Trail

Anon was escorted to the Royal Lunar Court almost immediately following the conversation that was held between him and Princess Luna. Solar Guards and Lunar Guards were called upon for the temporarily detainment of Anon as he soon found himself standing on the wrong side of the Royal Lunar Court. Was this truly only a temporary detainment of Princess Luna's finest Guardsmen? Or will the shackles and chains that are placed upon Anon's hooves remain there for a timely sentence?

Both of these questions were soon to be answered as the Royal Lunar Court was about to begin the Closed Trial of Anon. The acquisitions of the prosecution pressing charges against Anon were two of the heaviest crimes that could ever be committed. These charges included "Murder in the 2nd Degree" as well as "Treason against Equestria". Anon knew that those charges were standard for this type of Trial; ending the life of a Solar Guard and all. But should Anon be at all concerned of the outcome of this Trial? Or should Anon have nothing to worry about knowing the truth of his innocence?

Those questions in turn would soon be answered buy none other then Princess Luna herself. For any crime committed under Princess Luna's Night will be forwarded to the Royal Lunar Court, and the princess of the night shall be the judge. This same rule applies in reverse when crimes are committed under Princess Celestia's Day. Anon's fate lye's solely in the hooves of the one he has sworn to protect, and the only pony that has ever shown him love and support; Princess Luna. Will she delare Anon as a free stalion? Or will she revolk Anon's status as a Lunar Guard and sentince him?

***************

Anon stands in question of whither or not he truly committed the crimes of which the prosecution he is oposing is currently trying to charge him with. Standing on the left side of the Royal Lunar Court, Anon looks up to see Princess Luna at the top of the ruling bench facing him while her sister, Princess Celestia, sits on the left right below her. Both princess are required to sit in on any Royal Court case, but only the princess of the respected court has the final judgement and will determine the outcome of the accused.

One Solar Guard and one Lunar Guard stand on either side of Anon as the trial is underway. One of the two, a far more cautious of the Guardsmen they are detaining, keeps a very close eye on Anon, ready for anything that may or may not happen. With the reading of the accused charge's read out-loud by Princess Luna, the Royal Lunar Court has begun in the case of Anon v. Equestria.

[i]"Anon, you are here by accused of Murder in the 2nd Degree and Treason against Equestria for the Murder of a Solar Guard in the Grand Lunar Hall on 07/04/2018 at 2312 hours; *Sigh* How do you plea"?
Princess Luna regretted saying.

"My princess, I, Anon, enter the plea of Not Guilty."[/i]
Anon responded.

[i]"Very well Anon, the prosecution may now present its case"

[i]"Princess Luna of the Royal Lunar Court, Princess Celestia, the prosecution here today is seeking the death penalty of Anon"
The Prosecution opened

Anon was completly shocked at the prosecution of the Grand Lunar Court. A verdict for the death penalty even shocked Princess Luna, but Princess Celestia seemed rather moved at the prosecution's requested outcome.

"That's Insane!"

"Is it?" "You, Anon, Murdered a Solar Guard while on post outside Princess Luna's Chambers did you not?" "Why can't the Grand Lunar Court request the same in the disposal of you?"

"Negative, Murder is not the correct term in this case." "Yes, I disposed of the threat, but it was in the performance of my duties at the time!"

"Oh was it?" "Where in the 'Performance of your duties' dose it require you to dispose of a Sloar Guard?"

"In no context what-so-ever dose it say that in that way you are presenting it to the Grand Lunar Court." "However, it dose say, under 'General Order #2' of my assigned responsibilities, that anypony or creature that fail's any challenge shale then be arrested under the authority given to them by their respected representing princess." "It also states that if that pony or creature in question is presented as a threat to the respecting princess or the Royal Guard at that time then that pony or creature will be seen as hostile and disposed of accordingly!"



With the facts of Anon's Post Orders and Responsibilities put out for the Grand Lunar Court to take in, Anon felt safe in this moment knowing Princess Luna understood the same Post Orders and their outcome. However, the prosecution was not giving in just yet as they kept fighting.

"Ah!" "But where dose it describe HOW anypony or creature is to be identified as a hostile?"

"It doesn't." 'But that's because there is no one definition on that conduct." "In those situations the situation dictates, therefore, it is left up to Guardsmen Discretion depending on the situation at hand!"

"So then tell me Anon, how did you come to the conclusion to slay a fellow Guardsmen in cold blood?"
"Cold blood?" "It was not in 'Cold Blood' as you describe, it was in strick defense of Princess Luna!"

"Ah!" "But that is where you are wrong Anon." "The Solar Guard that was found by other Guardsmen in teh Royal Castle was reported to have no weapon." "Just exactly how do you explain that?"

"I'm quite interested in the answer to that question as well; just how do you respond to that Anon?"
Princess Celestia interjected.

At this point Anon was fearfuly impressed with the prosecution's skill to turn the wording in the court to her own advantage. It was even successful enough to trick Princess Celestia into favoring the other side of the Grand Lunar Court.

"Princess Celestia, your Solar Guard failed to challange when I gave the order" "I gave that challange three times and esculated the warning as I gave them." "That Solar Guard was MUTE as he approached not only myslef, but Princes Luna's Chambers as well!"

"Well, Anon, why did you not try to further reason with the said Solar Guard?" "Figure out why just exactly he was aproaching you?" "He was in fact a Solar Guardsmen was he not?" "So then why did you not deatain him?"

"As I have already stated, I belived he was oposing a threat to my princess" "I was not worried about my well-being in that situation, I was strickly worried about Princess Lunas!"

Anon is struggeling to keep the Grand Lunar Court on his side, but he fears the worst may soon be upon him due to the trickery of the prosecution in the Grand Lunar Court. At this point, Anon was starting to feel hopeless as his trial would soon come to an end.

"But the Solar Guard was UNARMED!"

"That Solar Guard was also CHARGING toward Princess Luna's Chambers!" "I was not going to take that risk as he FAILED to challange! "Any other Royal Guard would of done the same!"

"Yes Anon, but when was the last time you have ever heard ANY Royal Guard oposing a threat toward ANY of the Princesses of Equestria?"

"Well... Never Princess Celestia, but that dosent change the fact of the matter that the Po-"

"GUILTY!"

"What?" "OBJECTION!"

"SILENCE!" "Dear sister, I know this pains you dearly, but your "Top Lunar Guardsmen" murdered an unarmed Solar Guard, there was never any reason for that to of happen."

"My Princess, please... I would never in a million moos bring dishonor to your name..."

Princess Luna was strugeling to hold back teh tears in her eyes as they rolled down her face and created a small puddle on the floor under her chair. She was not only heartbroken at what was revelaed in her Grand Lunar Court, but she was also in disbelife that of all ponies, Anon was the one to of committed this crime. What she would soon say would change Anon's life forever...

"Oh Anon... As much as this does in fact pain me to say, I see no other choice but to bring the verdict of Guilty upon you." "The prosecution of the Grand Lunar Court has made it very clear that you did act unacordingly in the moral aspect." "While you were acting to the script of your Post Orders, you should of also relized that is was a Solar Guard, and you should of detained him acordingly' "However, you will not recive the Death Penalty for doing what was instructed, but you will be striped of your armor, and thrown into the dungeon for 10 years."

"Dear sister, only 10 years is not eno-"

"SHUT UP SISTER!"

Princess Luna wanted to hear no more. She was completely heartbroken with the outcome of this trial. She simply could not stop flood gates in her eyes as she just sentenced Anon, her favorite and still most loyal Lunar Guardsmen that she knew she would ever have. In return, Anon was also in disbelife with how the ruling fo the court came out to be, his verdict ment the end of his life as far as he knew it.

"This is MY Grand Lunar Court, and I have the final ruling!" "...Anon, you are granted one hour of freedom before you are sentenced, take this as a sign of thanks for your unwavering loyalty to me. You will be escorted intill you are sentenced... This Grand Lunar Court trial... is over."

Anon bows and simply states...

"It has been a pleasure my princess..."

*************** End Chapter 2 *****************

Comments ( 1 )

Celestia. You are a bitch.

Login or register to comment