• Published 7th Jul 2018
  • 413 Views, 1 Comments

Anon's Final Watch - Vulcan094

  • ...
 1
 413

A Domestic Threat

Under the cold darkness of what is the winter night sky, a lone Lunar Guard stood watch over Princess Luna once again. For Anon, this was an ordinary task, one that resembled great loyalty and one that required unwavering dedication. But tonight, held more then what could be seen on the surface and a weight that was to heavy to carry.

This night in particular started out as normal as could be for Anon. A scheduled check in with the sergeant on duty that night, followed by assuming his post right outside Princess Luna's chambers to await the awaking of his princess. Anon had no reason to believe that this night would be his last.

***************

After checking in with the Sergeant on duty, Anon reported to his post outside the chambers that held non-other then Princess Luna her self. Once assuming his required post as always, Anon stood guard, ready to serve his princess of the night, whatever the request or order initialed. Standing there, Anon watched the Grand Lunar Hall, a long narrow passageway on the north side of the castle, that connected Princess Luna's chambers to the rest of the Royal Castel.

Princess Celestia's chambers stood on the south side of the castle, at the end of the Grand Solar Hall that mirrored the same resemblance as Princess Luna's. Slight differences were concluded in the development of both grand halls but were constructed in the same manner. An obvious one what that Princess Celestia's chambers were guarded by her top Solar Guard, as Princess Luna's was guarded by her top Lunar Guard who was non other then Anon.

Both grand halls portrayed the Princess's history in a series of stained glass windows that lined both sides of either hall while the hall its self was constructed out of the finest marble in Equestria. Huge solid and round marble columns held up the celling on each hall while the floor was glossed with a special cleaner that made anypony feel like they were walking on mirrors.

As Anon was standing guard outside of Princess Luna's chambers, and unexpected visitor could been seen approaching from the opposite end of the Grand Lunar Hall. Once in view, Anon noticed it was a lone Solar Guard who was making his way toward Princess Lunas Chambers in a hasty fashion. This confused Anon and presented him with many questions and concerns.

One of those questions was the obvious one of why was a Solar Guard approaching Princess Luna's chambers at this time? The Royal Castel has strict security procedures, even for the Royal Guards who are sworn to protect it and their respected princess. One of these simple procedures was put into practice to reduce the amount of traffic in each grand hall inside the Royal Castel in a way of increasing the security of each princess.

None the less, the Solar Guard continued on his path towards Anon who stood in front of the door leading into Princess Luna's chambers. However, Anon's seventh sense advised him that something was not up to par. Having felt this in the pic of his stomach, Anon was left with no other choice but to challenge the Solar Guard who continued on a path for Princess Luna's chambers.

"Halt!" "who goes there!'
Shouted Anon as he challenged the Solar Guard.

The Solar Guard did not make a word...

"Halt!" "Who goes there!"
Shouted Anon a second time, as he once again challenged the Solar Guard.

Again, the Solar Guard did not make a word...

"Halt!" "Or you will be deemed a threat!"
Shouted Anon in a last ditch effort to stop the approach of the Solar Guard.

Once Again, the Solar Guard did not make a word...

This act of conduct by the Solar Guard left Anon with no other choice as he could not take any risk that could lead to the harm of his princess. Besides that being a fact, the Post Orders were clear on what was to be done in these situations if they became apparent. With three warnings given to challenge, and the Solar Guard remaining mute, Anon ejected one of his blades from his armor, took a warriors stance, and slayed the Solar Guard where he once stood.

Anon, still shell shocked by the result of his actions, stood above the slayed corpse that was once a living Solar Guard. Anon was in shock and awe of the action he just had to take. Sure, slaying an enemy of Princess Luna's or and enemy of Equestria would of been a simple task at hoof, but this was not so simple. Anon had slayed a Solar Guard, one of his fellow comrades who took the same oath he once took some time ago.

A pool of blood could be seen gathering around the Solar Guard's corpse as Anon's blade continues to drip droplets of pure dark red liquid. All was quiet in the Grand Lunar Hall at that moment, silence traveled through Anon ears with the exception of drops of blood, that could be heard as they splashed down from his blade into the ever enlarging pool of blood he now stand above. There was only one other sound that was heard shortly after the encounter.

The magic glowing sound of Princess Luna using her abilities as an Alicorn could be heard originating from behind Anon. The door handle of the grand cherry wooden doors was entrapped in a dark blue magic field as the handle turned all on its own. Anon turned to see the handle turn, entrapped in the dark blue magic field as the door slowly opened and Princess Luna appeared into the Grand Lunar Hall.

"Good Evening Anon, how is my fa-"
Was all Princess Luna could get out before noticing the sight before her.

"My Princess..." "It is not what the surface presents..."
Anon advised Princess Luna as he withdrew his blade and bowed before her.

"Then tell me Anon, what in Equestria happened here this evening?"
She replied.

Anon took a deep breath, gathered his baring, stood, and looked up at Princess Luna to respond to her demanding question. To his surprise, Anon noticed that his princess did not display a magic shield to protect her self and her stance was still a trust worthy one towards Anon. But then again, why wouldn't it be? The bond between Princess Luna and Anon goes back many years, ever sense Anon was a fillie.

"My princess, the Solar Guard that was slayed before us failed to yield after failing to respond to my challenge."
Said Anon.

"Are you certain that one of my sisters guards was opposing a threat to you or myself?"
Asked Princess Luna.

"Certain? No... But... I could not take the chance... I could not risk your life..."
Anon noted.

"I have no reason not to trust you Anon, you have always been by my side, and you have already done far more for me then anypony would of ever done in their lifetime." "However, my sister must be informed of this tragic incident, and you my faithful guardsmen, must unfortunately stand a trial."
Princess Luna added.

"Of course my princess, I have brought no shame or dishonor upon you, I will stand trial as is required of me"
Anon concluded.

"I only hope my sister is of understanding and remorse this evening..."
Stated Princess Luna.

*************** END CHAPTER 1 ****************