• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 1,411 Views, 10 Comments

Fireworks - LILDASHIEGRINGO



Sparks are about to fly today for you and bubby.

  • ...
2
 10
 1,411

Surprise!

There’s something that always makes you feel passionate at this time of year, the thrill of the season showing its presence around the corner as you await its calling to you. It is your favorite time, a little more the even Christmas and Thanksgiving. It’s a time where your family will get together on this beautiful sunny evening in their backyard, turning up the grill and slapping down the briskets that were prepared the day before, followed by the grilled seasoned chicken, the veggie kabobs, so on and so forth. It’s a time to enjoy each others stay.

But, you didn’t go this time with them.

Instead, you decide to stay with her.

“You didn’t have to do this, y’know,” she says, looking up to the stars above the earth, expanding far and wide the show their beauty to any eyes that behold them. You gently grab her hand, grasping her attention. Her iris never fail to amaze you everytime you stare into them. It reminds you of the sweet serenade of the ocean, weaving and crashing into the warm sandy shores. Her face was bright, even on this momentous night.

“I wanted to do this. I can’t leave you hanging out here by yourself.”

“But what about your folks? Wouldn’t they be wondering where you are?”

Just as she says that, your phone rings in your front pocket. You pull it out with your other hand, just to see your father trying to call you. Since this is so much more important, you hang up and turn it off before putting it back.

“They’ll understand.”

“You sure they won’t mind? I mean it-” You put your finger to her lips, forcing her to hush.

You grin. “They’ll understand.” you pull away your finger and let go off her hand, laying down next to her soft body. Your folks are probably lived right about now, but this moment with your lady is more to what they can’t apprehend. You love her everyday since the day you met in high school, now fully grown into two amazing adults with aspiration towards your goals, pushing each other to your limits and when possible, even more.

Years have pass and there were times where you’d fight and loathe each other, but they never last long. The time where you both decide to move in together in her house was memorable. You couldn’t complain about it since your place was basically a pigsty from her majestic home. The house was paid for by some means and all you had to do was pay for the usual bills.

Going on four years now, it’s been a trip.

She smiles, letting it go easily. “Alright, I’ll take it.”

You move your arm around her in the deep green grass beneath you both, the bristles of them softly dragging against your skin as you pass her vibrant bunned hair of vivid highlights. “That’s my girl.”

This is a magnificent night to be with her, just because of how special the moment is for you. You planned this for some time now and today is just another convenient step for you. Everything seems to be playing right, you just have to execute swiftly with perfection.

There were a few times you had before to present her with your feelings. Not just what you have for her right now; she already knows about that. But she doesn’t know that you want to go farther than expected from this point on. Make new memories on change of pace, being more slow and in control than what it has been for the last few years. You’re fully capable of handling the possibilities, but all that matters now is how to show it to her.

The fireworks flew to the sky, exploding its compound to emit color among them before shriveling to ash. They were far from the blast, but the powerful echo alludes them.

“Sunset, I’ve been thinking about some things between us..,” you say to her, catching her attention.

“What’s up?”

You adjust your hand behind her as you turn to her side, a couple more fireworks exploding whilst doing so. “We’ve been together for like, forever now and we’ve been through some stuff that I wasn’t too keen with when it came to it, not always being the brightest in our problems or the most savvy in some things.”

She turns over to you, moving her jacket with her to not crease it before giving you her undivided attention. “How’s that any different from now?”

You sneak your hand back to your side, dumbfounded by such a question. “Well, damn. Because I’m doing a little better than before?”

“How so?”

“Well, controlling you is one thing.”

“That’s not how it was a couple days ago.”

A few more sparks of fireworks commence as you move both arms around her back, caressing her usual leather jacket that she’s so fond of. For someone like her, it’s hard to fight with if they’re right about one thing, them being an other worldly equine that knows magic and is still able to use said magic.

“Whatever, Shimmer. At least it isn’t always there to help you.”

She puts her hands on your shoulders and blink a couple times before climbing onto you and straddling your thighs, your arms still around her.

She chuckled. “Well, it’s definitely benefiting now.” For a brief second, she takes off her jacket and sits it to the side, the fireworks illuminating behind her to make a light silhouette around her well developed body, showing you how much of an investment you made out of her and how farther it can go.

“In all seriousness though…” you sit up before she could do anything, which caught her off guard. She didn’t expect this happening and that’s your moment to really get to her. “... the times that we have together have been awesome. From the day you found me in Canterlot High to the day I moved in your place, I’ll always cherish that smile you have, the cheery attitude you bolster, and that amazing heart you have sitting in your chest… Which is why I no longer want to make this a long trip anymore…”

Sunset is confused, which is what you want to see. Fireworks still ring and it’s getting more heavy with every passing minute.

As you reach into your pocket, she looks into your eyes to find any hints of… anything. She can still find that small spark you have for your passion, which didn’t add up in her book. She looks down to your hand in your pocket trying to pull out something that looks uncomfortable.

“... What do you-” She stops after she sees you pull out a small little red box, looking back to you wide eyed and looking for answers.

“I want to make this into an investment on us, something I should’ve done a long time ago.” you give it to her, to which she grabs hold of it, looking down to the box. She opens the small box, only to stare at the contents within.

A platinum coated ring with a clear white sapphire stone, the engravings of her name and yours in the inner ring. Her eyes begin to water and you take notice with glee. That little mind reading spell of hers didn’t work this time.

“I’m sorry for not giving it to you sooner…”

“You jerk…” Out of nowhere, she lunges onto your chest and grabs hold of you tight, no signs of letting go, crying onto your shoulder . “... how could you pick an awesome moment like this for me?!”

Being a little cocky, you decide to ask her the question that’s already been answered into her ear.

“Will you marry me?” She pulls herself back to see your smug grin, which she finds annoyingly cute.

“Shut up and kiss me, dummy.” She rests her hand on the nape of your neck and pulls you in for a passionate kiss, holding you steady as your lives slowly take a turn for the better. There’s a stir in your belly that hasn’t shown itself in this type of way before. It’s something when you’re in close emotional contact with her, but it feels more spiritually significant. It’s like you both become one, no longer in this long term boyfriend/girlfriend fling.

But now, soon to be wifey and husbando.

She pulls back and lets go of your neck, rubbing her face clear of staines. Afterwards, they begin the develop after she put the band on her ring finger, the struggle for pose catching up to her once again.

“You feel like watching the rest of this?” you ask her, gaining her attention away from her new ring.

“Well it would be nice...” She forces her weight onto you and pushes you down onto the grass floor. She unties her bun until her long luscious hair was free again. “... but I’m too interested in my soon to be new husband to even care.”

And just like a magnet, her lips attract to yours once again, the fireworks coming back from their second wind to continue to brighten the night blue sky. It’s the perfect time to focus on what your new life will be, what changes are to come for you in this new pace you’re going now that she’s on board with it. Maybe even have a couple kids down the line. It’s probably too early to talk about something such as that for now.

But she may pull it up again soon. Only time will tell and when it does, you are prepared for this. You have the will to see this through, now it’s time for the ultimate challenge…

To find a good tuxedo.

Author's Note:

Might not be my best, but hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.:heart:

Comments ( 10 )

Nice heart warming story. Great writing as well.

Great story. Only problem is that now I want to see a sequel with the event.

9033519
Really now? Hmm, I could do that since I'm making another M rated story involving their relationship.

Eh what the heck, I guess I'll do it. :D

9033588
I got nothing else to do, so why not?:twilightsmile:

9033593
Neat. Besides, any new stories with Sunset is a plus in my book.

Well, this made me tear up slightly. Damn good job, sir/madam!

9036920
Thanks for the awesome feedback! :pinkiehappy:

9036987
You're welcome! I'm a sucker for romance. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment