• Published 3rd Jul 2018
  • 546 Views, 35 Comments

Heart š¯„˛Beatsā™« - Darkswirl



An OctaScratch fic that aims to explore the friendship before the relationship, and is a conglomeration of several fan-favorite tropes of the pair.

Comments ( 15 )

"Nothing needs to be said, Octavia." he replied with that confident smirk as he took his own seat across from her. "Simply enjoy tonight, that is my only request of you."

I know that this is OctaScratch, but that said, I kinda want this guy to be Octavia's Neon. Someone who is interested her, will hopefully accept one day that it won't come to be, but be a supportive friend nonetheless. I know that it's probably not going to be that way, call it a gut feeling, but I REALLY want this guy to turn out to genuinely be a nice guy.

"The blame is all mine, Octavia." he insisted, pausing for a moment to gather his thoughts. "What else brings you to such an esteemed university?"

That said, this seems like he's at least trying to be nice.

"I do not think any love is a foalish thing to write about." he explained, continuing that nervous chuckle as he straightened himself in his seat. "It is simply... Complicated, Octavia."

And with this alone, you've convinced me to give him a chance and hope he will actually be a decent person. Pony. Whatever.

She would make it a point to talk to Neon about her thoughts.

Please do.

don't think vinyl realized the monumental thing that happened here, she had the strength to say no.

9104042
Why would she have?

9103995
still he'd be censored by the university, there are things you just can't get away with.

9104064
i'm just saying from what i understand thats possibly the hardest step most drug addicts can take.

9104097
Derp, my bad. I thought you had said that Vinyl could have just said no in reference to having sex since she wasn't enjoying it.

LSD is actually one of those drugs where its pretty hard to become addicted in the medical sense.
9104096
He'd definitely get a talking to, maybe sensitivity training, but how did he insult a disabled student?

9104113
i guess maybe it's more on a personal end but the way he didn't bother to ask vinyl why he was being sent notes before assuming. i don't have anything as life changing as being mute to deal with but i had Asperger's syndrome that was misdiagnosed several times in my school career, it effected my writing badly enough i had to use a laptop in class for anything that involved a lot of writing, several teachers and substitutes assumed i was being lazy in school and received more then a few tongue lashings from administrative staff. i suppose it comes down to the idea he automatically has written her off so badly that he just assumes she doesn't have a reason for it. he is just from his introduction the type of person any psychology professional would tell you shouldn't be working with people in a fragile state, never mind teaching such a subject.

as to my other comment, you'd be surprised hos many drugs don't actually cause a physical dependency until the user has been using them for a very long time.

but from what i can tell, vinyl has a rather strong mental dependency, thus being able to turn them down is a impressive step.

9104199
I agree that he shouldn't be a psychology teacher, but he gets his own little arc further into the story that should help flesh him out a bit (remember, the story up until now has gone from Monday to Saturday :raritywink:). He is by no means a good character, but he's not the villian.

9104271
never thought he was the villain, honestly making him the villain would be giving a jerk like that too much power.

also make no mistake, i positively love this story, your taking the couple in a direction i really haven't seen before using tropes i have but never in this combination.

if people have mute vinyl they usually have her as a secondary character, and generally she is always cast as immune to both alcohol and drug addiction with a attitude that only gets angry, upset or sad at extreme moments. if her parents aren't present it's usually on the fact that she's either an orphan or the estranged daughter of a noble and your making of Octavia's mother overbearing but not necessarily a bad person is a nice fresh start as it shows these people do exist.

i just think the psychology teacher is the kinda jerk that if the opportunity came up, i would thoroughly enjoy feeding him his own teeth.

The first half of the chapter was some really deep stuff, I really enjoyed how you dive into these character's thoughts. The second half was slowered paced but I like how the two mares are just starting to realize they have feelings for each other, and I'm desperate to see how they would act around each other now that they have discovered these feelings!

9123279
Eager to start writing chapter nine, myself, but real life unfortunately comes first :c

Gotta edit three friends stories and I got a new job! I'll definitely begin writing this week but I don't think it will be ready before Saturday.

9499557
No, I've just changed my focus to help keep me disciplined.

I've actually lost sight of the goal of this story, so it's shelved until I have the time to rewrite the outline. In the mean time, I'm currently 2 chapters into my next piece and am working with editors to make my work more polished, though I'm going to be publishing a oneshot and a blog post explaining my silence before the month is up.

9499716

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as a dick, I hope you're doing alright and that you have a good day/night

9501140
No worries, my dude, I didn't take it in any negative light. It's been a long while since I've even put a comment on FimFic so it's understandable to be curious if the stories under my name are dead or not.

Just know I'm very much alive, just working in the background ;) Thanks for your good wishes, and I hope the same for you!

Login or register to comment