• Published 2nd Jul 2018
  • 1,368 Views, 29 Comments

One Bolt, A World Displaced - Boltsinger



As Twilight opens her long-awaited school, Boltsinger finds a strange book sitting in the library. Inside, he finds a series of exchanges by someone named "Sunset". And that's when his wings kick in. He wakes up... elsewhere.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,368

Epilogue: Home Again

First came the falling, then came the rolling, and finally, the crash. Boltsinger hit the table in the center of the castle library, his rump situated firmly above him with his tail dangling over his face. He blew the mass of mess away from his eyes, only for it to fall back in front of him. “Stupid tail getting in the way and tickling my… wait a minute… My tail?” His pupils shrank as he brought his forelegs forward, looking closely at what lay on the ends. “Hooves! I have hooves again!” His wings spread wide, flapping on sheer instinct to send him into the air. “YES!!! I’m finally--" He brought his hooves to his muzzle, quickly covering his mouth. Right… Don't want to upset the baby…

He lowered himself to the floor, quietly walking to the door. The floor beneath him seemed to light up with his every step, as if to welcome him home. His pace moved from a gentle walk to a giddy trot, smiling and humming to himself as he soaked in the familiarity and security that was home. Finally, he let out an excited laugh as he reared up, taking off at full gallop into the castle depths. He weaved through the halls like a practiced professional, paying his surroundings no mind until…

“Ouch!” came the all too familiar voice of a very much missed mare. Boltsinger and the object of the impact fell simultaneously to the floor, landing with a thud. “What’s going on--" Twilight started as she rubbed a sore spot. She stopped short, her eyes falling on a face she longed to see. “Bolt?”

Boltsinger sat up, smiling weakly and extending a wing. “Hi, honey… I have returned!”

Twilight’s smile was instantaneous, growing more and more as she dove into him. “You’re back! Oh, welcome home, honey! You missed a lot, and we missed you!”

The stallion brought both of his forelegs and wings forward, holding her as tight as he could. “You have no idea how much I missed you… How much I missed everybody!”

Twilight pulled back, giving him an amused smile. “Every’body’? You’ve certainly gotten a feel for that world, haven’t you?”

“Maybe. At least I didn’t try to gallop when I first got there, though!” he retorted.

Twilight giggled, getting off of him. “Touche.” She started back down the hall, looking back at him. “I was just about to get back to Nova in the nursery. You wanna--" Where Boltsinger had fallen, there was now a faint charge of electricity fizzling out on the floor, the turbulence of his acceleration blowing back her mane. “... join… me…?”


The door to the nursery slowly opened, a baby’s babbling coming from the inside. Boltsinger gently stepped inside, one hoof at a time. Sitting in the middle of the room was an all-too-familiar Alicorn colt, lighting his horn with an electric blue aura to move a number of blocks into place, only to bring his wings forward and blow them down, laughing. He quietly moved against the wall behind him, softly placing his rump on the floor and staring at the foal.

“Oh, Nova…” Twilight began, poking her head into the room. “There’s somepony here that wants to see you!” Nova’s ears turned to hear his mother's call. Once her words were understood, he turned his head, his violet eyes falling upon a big pony he hadn’t seen in what felt like forever. A big smile crossed his little muzzle as he flapped his wings. His forelegs spread wide, letting out a gleeful laugh at the sight of his daddy.

The smile was instantly reciprocated, liquid joy threatening to burst forth from his eyes as he sprang forward. “Nova!” he cried, catching the laughing colt in a loving embrace. He landed on his back, the little pony hugging him back while sitting on his barrel. The joy flowed down his face as he kissed his son gingerly on the forehead. “Do you know how much daddy missed his little Prince?” Nova raised his head, shaking it slightly. “I missed you bigger than all of Equestria!” he finished, giving him a light squeeze. “But you know what? Your daddy had a big adventure in a strange other place with new friends! I got so many new stories to tell you!”

Twilight laid down beside her husband and son, smiling at each of them. “I like new stories! Can you tell us?” Nova nodded at his mother’s words, working himself to a sitting position on the orange fur beneath him and leaning in eagerly.

“I thought you’d never ask!” he told her, propping his head against the wall. “Well… it all started while your mommy and all of our best friends were getting ready for the school opening…”

Author's Note:

I know it's a short epilogue, but I just can't pad it out any longer. It also served as a little practice, getting used to writing for ponies again.
Because as soon as possible, I'm going to be starting season 3!

Comments ( 7 )

9058873
That's what I mean, they changed the designs in the new specials.

9058879
Ah. Didn't realize that. I'll have to look into the new designs at some point.

You did not dissapoint

Twilight laid down beside her mother and son, smiling at each of them.

Mother and son???

did you mean Husband and son?

9059398
I do indeed. Damn autocorrect and my fat thumbs kick in when I'm writing from my phone. Thanks again for pointing that kind of stuff out.

Awwww. that was sweet. that was wonderful. Good Job. Well onto book 4 :heart:

9367479
Unfortunately, I never intended for Bolt to explain his reasoning for hiding things. It was more something that was implied by the setting. Explanation to follow.
What I mean by that is that they're... kinda teenagers. They haven't even thought of the idea of getting married or having a baby, and I'd figured that they thought the Equestrian Twilight hadn't gotten to that point yet, either.
Besides, it adds to the drama!

Login or register to comment