• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 2,734 Views, 57 Comments

As the Moon Rises - MorbidTheBrony



Once a full moon rises, a terror shall lurk among the people of Canterlot.

  • ...
2
 57
 2,734

Chapter 13. Dark Nights

July 12th, Twilight's Castle, Thursday Night
07:53PM

Princess Twilight was currently laying her face down on the table in her giant library. She was mumbling something to herself.

Spike came in and walked over to the alicorn, taking out the chair beside her and sat on it. "Still can't find anything, huh?" Spike asked with a monotone voice.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, Spike," Twilight said, turning to face him. "I haven't found a single thing about werewolves anywhere in our history. How am I supposed to help Sunset now if the creature doesn't even exist in Equestria?"

A thought came to the dragon's mind. He pondered over it and smiled at the idea. "What if we don't have to look in history?"

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I mean what if we actually look in different fiction books? Maybe, if they all include same explanations for things like turning one back into a human, we could pass that onto Sunset!"

Twilight thought over the idea herself. It sounded a little ridiculous to her. But then again... "Maybe werewolves really did exist, but were removed from history and passed down onto fictional stories..." She gasped. "Wait! I think I know where we can the answer!"

Twilight turned around and faced her gigantic bookshelves. She scanned through each and every shelf until she found the book she needed. Finding the book, she smiled, levitating it out and flying back down to the table.

Spike looked at the book in wonder. "What's that?" he asked.

"Kairo Conjure. He was an earth pony from thousands of moons ago who created spells that could be activated by chanting them out and drawing a specific pattern on the ground, but all his spells did was bring chaos to towns. He was sentenced to tartarus for his crimes but he fled, and nobody was able to find him," she explained, not looking away from the book. "But they did find his book of spells that he mistakenly left behind."

"Kairo? That name sounds familiar," Spike said. "Wait. I saw that name while we were in the Restricted Section."

"You did?" Twilight asked, now looking at Spike.

"Yeah. The book I read mentioned that he was a criminal, but not specifically what he did."

Twilight nodded. "Kairo was one of the most powerful ponies of his day, even comparing to the likes of Starswirl. It would've made sense to remove him from Equestrian history, so nopony could find his learnings and repeat what he did."

Twilight placed her hoof on the book's cover. "This book here is a retelling of all his crimes. It includes the different spells he used to commit them, including a werewolf transformation spell, but they didn't include their patterns and the spells were rewritten in a way so they wouldn't work anymore."

"How do you know so much about this Kairo guy if he was removed from Equestrian history?" Spike asked.

Twilight froze and slowly turned to the curious dragon. "Easy, I asked Star Swirl to share with me the stories of some of his greatest foes. He wasn't very willing to do it at first, but he eventually came around, and fortunately, one of those villains just so happened to be Kairo Conjure," she explained.

"Right, but that still doesn't explain how his spell got to Sunset's world," Spike said.

"Don't you get it, Spike? Kairo must have fled to the human world. Since he was without his book, he must have rewrote all of his spells and somepony there must have found it."

Once Twilight finished her explanation, she opened the large book, skimming through every page until she found the chapter she needed. She slammed her hoof onto one of the pages.

"Here it is," she announced. "'The Rise of the Werewolf Pack.' The answer must be somewhere in here."


Twilight's House, Thursday Night
08:21PM

The human Twilight was getting herself prepared for the nightly hunt for the werewolf. There was a big excited smile on her face. She didn't know what it was, but she had a really good feeling about tonight.

It may have only been a week ever since the hunt started, but during that time she, Musket and Rainbow Dash had come so much closer to catching the wolf, and it's that experience that gave her the confidence that this will be a very important night. She could feel it in her gut.

Although, there was still the matter of what will happen to it once they capture it. Musket was for killing it to ensure it didn't return, while Twilight was against killing it. It may be a dangerous beast, but it's also a person that had been cursed. If there was a way of saving it, that was the solution.

This includes the one that attacked Rainbow Dash, which Twilight had figured out to be someone within their group of friends... Sunset! Before she went missing, she made the clues very clear to the spectacled girl; the super strength, the enhanced senses and, most importantly, the taste for meat. It was all there for Twilight to piece together.

And now she has to prevent Musket from harming her.

After getting changed, grabbing the equipment she needed to bring along with a jacket, Twilight walked to the front door and stepped out of the house.

But suddenly, her phone began vibrating. She took the phone out of her jacket pocket and opened it to a new message from Musket. She stayed where she was as she opened his message.

Twilight, I hope you're rightfully prepared for tonight's hunt.
Because I have found the place where we can find this beast as soon as the sun sets. If tonight is a success, then it's a job well done for us all.
20:32

Twilight gasped after she read the message. Was this really it? Already? They could end the werewolf problem tonight? Thinking of that scared her. It gave her the vibe that Musket was fully set on killing the wolf where it stood, the one thing Twilight had pleaded him to not do.

But she did have the power to stop him if he wasn't willing to listen. It would be severely risky, but she didn't want any of the wolves dead, especially one of them.

The only thing was... which one is living where Musket is describing? What if it was Sunset? What if that was where she was hiding?

Keeping the thought in mind, she began a run to, now, the final destination: the Canterlot Park Forest. Her gut was right, this was a very important night.


Sunset’s House, Thursday Night
08:33PM

Another night. Still no answer from the princess. Sunset laid on her couch in the dark, journal clutched tightly in her hands, waiting for any sort of answer. Sunset wanted to be there for the exact moment when she sends one.

The last five days had been truly awful for Sunset. During that time, she had only left her house once while keeping a profile as low as she possibly could. She had gotten herself different meats, something she, for some reason, had been craving for quite a while now.

But she never sought help from any of her friends. It would be too dangerous for her to be around anyone, which is why she spent so little time outside. One thing they all said when one of them came over was that they could help her with whatever was going on. But they couldn't because Sunset was dangerous.

Her house also had to suffer from this. There were claw scratches everywhere, on the walls and on the floor. Things from different drawers and cabinets were flung all over the place. Her door, while still damaged, still remained mostly intact. She figured that if she left the door open, she'd be at less risk of destroying it later.

Sunset buried her face in the journal, whispering to herself, "Please answer, please answer, please answer."

But a knock on the door pulled her out of the book. Sunset stayed quiet and stared patiently at the door. Who was here at this time?

"Sunset? Are you there?"

It sounded like Fluttershy. What was she doing here?

Sunset's attention was pulled away from the door when a weird surge of pain went through her left arm. She covered her mouth to suppress her cry, but then her other arm began to hurt as well. It was happening again...

...and Fluttershy was right outside!


Streets of Canterlot, Thursday Night
08:37PM

Fluttershy was outside Sunset's house, checking to see if she would at least answer her, but she didn't.

She knocked on the door a second time. Still no response from the inside.

She was about to give up hope, leave and call the authorities, but then she heard something coming from inside. It sounded like groans of pain. She placed her ear against the door. The groans turned into silent cries.

Now Fluttershy began pounding on the door.

"Sunset!" she shouted. "Are you okay?! Please let me in!"

But then the door creaked open. Sunset had left it open.

Then she heard Sunset shout. "Don't come in! Aah! P-Please!"

But Fluttershy didn't listen. She opened the door and found Sunset on all fours on the floor, looking like she was in agony. She looked straight at Fluttershy with tears streaming down her eyes.

"Fluttershy! G-Get out of here!" Sunset screamed in between gasps, waving her hand at her to shoo her off.

Fluttershy closed the door and rushed down beside Sunset, placing a hand on her back.

"What's happening?!" she asked in fear.

Before Sunset could answer, Fluttershy saw that Sunset was getting larger in size.

"Y-You... have to... Grr!! Get out! Now!" Sunset voice started to sound different. It sounded deeper and gritty. She grabbed Fluttershy's shoulders and threw her back in the direction of the door, much stronger than she had intended to.

Fluttershy, now laying on the floor, looked up at Sunset as she continued to grow. Golden fur began to sprout out of her body. Her fingernails began to grow rapidly and they became extremely sharp. Her nose and mouth began to move outwards, converting into a muzzle. Her ears became longer and more pointy, now they both sat near the top of her head. Her cries of agony disappeared, and had turned into howls. Sunset had transformed.

Fluttershy stared with pure terror. Right in front of her, before her very eyes, her friend had turned into the werewolf. She slowly stood up, hoping not to gain the wolf's attention. But she stepped on a creaky floorboard, which caused the werewolf's head to snap at her. It growled and slowly began walking towards her.

Fluttershy whimpered in fear, but suddenly remembered she brought her geode. She quickly put a hand in her pocket, took out the small necklace and clipped it around her neck.

The wolf looked as though it was ready to pounce.

Fluttershy grasped the jewel of the necklace and ears, a tail and a pair of wings appeared on her. She flew upwards, only just dodging the wolf's attack.

"Sunset! Can you hear me?!" she called out. She tried using her magic on the wolf to see if she could hear anything.

"Prey! Prey! Prey!" it repeated.

"No, Sunset! Not prey! I'm your friend!" Fluttershy cried as she tried to fly further up. The wolf tried jumping up to catch her. "It's me! Fluttershy!"

She looked around the house for something she could probably use to defend herself, but Sunset's house was very empty, there was nothing lying around.

She continued hovering around the roof of Sunset's house, evading the werewolf's attempts at attacking. If Fluttershy didn't come up with an idea fast, she would be done for, surely.

But then, Fluttershy caught sight of a glimmering on the nightstand beside Sunset's bed. She waited for the wolf to attack again and quickly flew over, grabbed what it was and flew back to her spot. She looked at it, and it was Sunset's geode. She must not have been wearing it.

Looking at the geode, an idea immediately came to the girl's mind. It was an absolutely terrible idea and could easily result in the death of her, but it might just work. She started looking around for something to extend the size of the necklace.


Unknown Place, Thursday ???
??:??

Sunset opened her eyes. She found herself in an all too familiar place again. But what for this time?

She stood up and called out, "Hey! What am I doing here again?"

"Tonight is a big night, Sunset Shimmer," the deep voice said. "For you, for the hunters, and for your friend, Fluttershy."

"What are you talking about- Wait... Fluttershy's out there with the werewolf!!" Sunset shouted. "I-I have to save her!"

"But you can't save her. When the moon rises, the wolf takes over, and you have no power over it."

"No! I have to... I-I have to find a way out of here!" Sunset looked around where she stood. There was only an endless abyss of darkness whatever direction she looked in.

"It is impossible to leave unless I allow it."

"Then let me out! Please!"

"It is too late. You have failed. And the consequences are about to set in motion. Now, only they can save themselves, and you do not have the power to control that. And even then, if I do let you out, what good will it bring? You have no control of the beast."

"No! Let me out! Now!" Sunset screamed.

"You have failed them all, Sunset Shimmer. You waited too long for a solution to come to you, all while continuing to worsen the situation by not taking your own action."

Sunset got down onto the floor and tried to block out the voice, but it was able to, somehow, pass through her hands and into her ears.

"You had the power to stop this, but you only stood there and make it worse for your friends, for Woodland Musket, and for you."

"SHUT UP!!" Sunset screamed again.

"Why should I? I'm only pointing out what you were so oblivious from. What I am isn't the problem. What the real problem was, unfortunately, was you doing the absolute least you could have done, and now the consequences are finally being paid. Are you happy now, Sunset Shimmer? Is this what you wanted? To sit by and watch your friends die to the one thing you could have prevented?" The voice echoed louder than it ever has before. It agonised Sunset's ears to listen to it any longer.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!" Sunset looked up at the ceiling and cried, forcefully squishing her head inbetween her hands trying to block out the noise.

She tried all she could to silence the agonising voice. She didn't believe anything it tried to tell her, but the images of her friends falling before her, all bloody, torn and dead, still remained in her head.

She pounded the ground with her fists, and opened her eyes to see that there was a crack in the floor. She punched it again. The crack got larger and a white light shined through.

"You have no power over me," the voice boomed. "I'm in control. I decide when you enter or when you leave, but there is no point in letting you leave. You have already failed them all, you have no control over the werewolf!"

Sunset didn't listen, she continued to destroy the floor. The cracks extended further and a giant hole began to form from the broken shards.

"What are you doing? Stop that right now! If you continue, there will be nothing left of me in you! There will be no control in this place!"

But Sunset continued to ignore it. She kept destroying all of the ground that surrounded her. Eventually, the cracks ran up a wall and then the ceiling. Pieces and shards of black all fell into the abyss below.

Sunset stopped smashing and sat down panting.

The voice didn't say anything to her anymore. It must have left what with all of the damage she had done to its little world. Eventually, the only black that was left was the little piece of floor she sat on. The very last piece. She stood up and stomped on it, shattering it. She prepared herself for the fall, but she found that she wasn't falling, nor was she actually floating either. She still felt ground below her, but it looked as though she was standing on nothing. Below her was still the white abyss.

"What's going on?" she asked herself. "Hey! Are you still out there?" Her voice echoed. There was really nothing left. At all. What was she to do now?

Sunset got into a sitting position, continuing to look around. "I hope Fluttershy's okay," she said worryingly.

She sat there for a minute, with nothing at all happening. It was just Sunset continuing to hover in the air and nothing else.

Then suddenly, a large screen thing appeared in front of her. She looked right at it confusingly, but then noticed that she was looking at the inside of her house.

"What is this?"

She then saw something fly by the screen. Something yellow. The screen looked to be chasing it around. It didn't take Sunset long to figure out what it was. She was looking through the perspective of the werewolf, which was chasing Fluttershy around in her house.

Sunset stood back up, eyes wide at the scene. "Fluttershy! Get out of there!" Sunset shouted. But she found that Fluttershy couldn't hear her. She was forced to just watch what was happening.

While Sunset watched, she noticed Fluttershy was holding tightly onto something. With a closer look, she saw a red chain hanging out of Fluttershy's hand. It was Sunset's geode. What was Fluttershy doing with her geode?


Sunset's House, Thursday Night
08:57PM

Fluttershy continued to look around, which wasn't made easy what with there being a big werewolf chasing her around her friend's house.

She circled around the house many times now, and the wolf showed no signs of stopping. She flew against the wall where the door was and she managed to trick the wolf into hitting itself against it. Then she flew over and clung to the wall on the other side of the house, trying to catch her breath.

She took the chance to look around again, checking of there was anything at all in there to make the necklace bigger. Then she saw Sunset's guitars. The strings on those looked long enough.

Seeing she still had a chance, Fluttershy flew over and grabbed a guitar. She hung in the air and tried to detach the longest string. She turned the peg and the string loosened, but she had no way of cutting the thing off.

She saw that the werewolf was recovering itself, and would be ready to attack again. Fluttershy tried, with all of her might to rip the string out. She turned again and saw the werewolf, ready to pounce. It lunged at her, but out of fear and adrenaline, Fluttershy swung the guitar, smacking the werewolf right in its jaw.

Upon impact, the guitar smashed, freeing all of the strings. Fluttershy took the longest string and tied the ends to the ends of the chain of Sunset's geode, making it much longer.

Now, with the perfect opportunity, Fluttershy quickly went over to the werewolf and put the geode around its neck. It was made more difficult what with how fast Fluttershy tried to put it on.

But when she did, the wolf's eyes glowed white and it started thrashing and roaring as if it was in pain. Fluttershy flew up to avoid it.

"I hope this works," she said quietly, holding her hands together, praying.


Unknown Place, Thursday ???
??:??

Sunset had watched everything Fluttershy had just done. She sighed with relief now that she was okay. But she questioned, what was she planning to do with her geode? She wasn't sure, but whatever it was, it seemed to have stopped the wolf.

Suddenly, the area around her began furiously shaking.

"Now what's going on?!" she asked. She looked around to find a source, obviously finding nothing.

But then, some kind of force started pulling Sunset towards the large screen. She screamed in terror as she closed in on the wolf's perspective. Her vision was flooded with light.


Sunset's House, Thursday Night
09:06PM

Sunset's eyes tiredly opened. She moaned and tried to sit herself up. When her eyes came into full focus, she noticed Fluttershy was there. She looked as though she was about to have a panic attack.

It was then that Sunset realised that she towered over Fluttershy, even while sitting down.

She tried to ask what was wrong, but instead of words coming out, a small bark came out instead. She looked down at her hands and saw that she was covered in fur. She put her hands on her face and felt that she had a long nose. She was still a werewolf, but... she was somehow now in control.

Sunset looked back at Fluttershy, Sunset didn't think she understood that she was back yet. She spun her head around, looking for a way to communicate with her. She then saw that Fluttershy was wearing her geode. She pointed at her own geode, hoping Fluttershy would get the message.

Fortunately, it worked, and Fluttershy had once again activated her powers.

"Surprise," Sunset said awkwardly.

"Sunset?" Fluttershy asked. "Is that really you?"

Sunset rubbed the back of her neck and nodded. "Yeah... I'm sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

Fluttershy stepped closer to the beast. "What do you mean?"

"This." She gestured to herself and then her house. "I just didn't think I was safe around you guys anymore, so I isolated myself in hopes that I wouldn't cause any more harm."

Fluttershy was now close enough to hug Sunset. "Why did you think you were too dangerous to be with all of us anymore? We could have helped."

Sunset laid down and whimpered like a dog. "Did you see how I was acting when we were at the mall? That was only the beginning of it. So I became afraid of harming you and the girls and I locked myself in my house. That's why I gave you Ray." She looked back at Fluttershy. "How has he been by the way?"

"He's been terribly lonely without you," Fluttershy said sadly. "Everyday he was asking where you were and if I knew when you'd come back."

Sunset continued whimpering. "My poor, little Ray... I waited so long for a solution to just come to me, I didn't notice how I was still harming everyone." She then started growling. "I swear, when I see that wolf again, I'm gonna-! Wait..." She jumped back to her feet when she finally realised. "Twilight and Rainbow Dash! They're in danger!"

Fluttershy gasped when she remembered too. "We have to go help them! Let's go!"

Fluttershy ran to the door, but was stopped by a large, clawed hand.

"I'm going to go save them. You are staying out of danger," Sunset told her sternly. She walked outside without Fluttershy, and before she left she said, "It's my fault they're in danger in the first place. I don't want anyone else to have to suffer because of me."

"Sunset! Wait!"

But it was too late. Sunset took off, running on all fours towards Canterlot Park. So then Fluttershy, without thinking, sprouted her wings and followed behind the werewolf at a much slower speed.

And then, still laying on the couch, Sunset's journal began buzzing.


Canterlot Park Forest, Thursday Night
09:18PM

Twilight and Rainbow Dash followed Musket through the forest once again, trying to find the spot where the hunter said he'd found the werewolf's hideout.

Rainbow was excited about finally ending the beast's reign of terror. Although, Twilight was uneasy, which didn't go unnoticed by her prismatic friend.

"Hey, you alright, Twilight?" Rainbow asked.

"Uuh, y-yeah. Yeah, I'm-I'm good," Twilight responded. "Just, uuh, totally not a little scared. Hehe..." She put on a fake smile, but Rainbow didn't buy it.

"It's alright to be afraid, my dear." Musket joined in. "Rainbow Dash is scared also."

"I am not!" Rainbow said back, blushing.

"Hmm. That's odd, because even I feel quite uneasy, and I've been hunting for over twenty years, so I've had plenty of experience."

Rainbow snorted. "Yeah, but you haven't faced against evil magic that threatened to destroy the world."

"Then why is Twilight scared?"

"I don't know! Maybe it's because she hasn't been doing it as long as me and our other friends."

Musket began chuckling. "Well, I guess you're right then. I guess hunting isn't really comparable against threats against the world."

Twilight said nothing, but still crossed her arms and sighed through her nose. "You two finished your little ego contest?"

"We might as well be. Look," Musket said, pointing forward. "We're almost there."

Beyond some trees, where Musket was pointing, was a cliff edge. The trio walked towards it and they saw quite far up was an opening to a cave.

"There it is," Musket announced. He clapped his hands together and turned back to the girls. "Okay, so, how good are your climbing skills?"

"I could just levitate us up there," Twilight said, pointing to the purple geode around her neck.

"And I can fly up," Rainbow added, again, pointed to her blue geode.

"Oh," Musket said, surprised. "Well, umm... isn't that convenient?"

Twilight laughed. "Don't worry, I'll lift you up."

"Oh, thank Christ," Musket said, relieved. "You have no idea how difficult it was for me to climb up that earlier today."

So then, Rainbow Dash activated her wings and flew up to the mouth of the cave. Twilight and Musket followed behind her, having being levitated by Twilight's telekinesis. Now, they all stood just outside what was their final destination.

Twilight could feel her heart pumping out of her chest. "W-What if it isn't in there?" she queried, talking quick. "M-Maybe it already left!"

"It couldn't have. The night's barely begun," Musket said, looking up at the moon which was only just shining over the horizon.

"Well, y-you never know, Musket. It's possible that-"

"Could we stop wasting time here?" Rainbow Dash interrupted. "The longer we continue going back at eachother, the more of a chance the wolf just comes and attacks us."

Musket shook his head stood up straight. "Rainbow Dash is right. We cannot waste anymore time." He began walking inside. "Come on, you two! It's now or never!"

Twilight looked at Rainbow and laughed nervously. "After you?" She pointed towards the cave.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and pushed Twilight inside. Twilight glared back at her but Rainbow ignored and walked past her.

Twilight looked out her flashlight, turned it on and shined it in front of her. It was still very dark, but for what it was worth, it still somewhat helped. She then noticed that Rainbow Dash stood very close to her. She shined the light on her to get her attention.

Rainbow Dash, who tightly shut her eyes, shrugged at the purple lass. "I forgot my flashlight, okay? Now would you please that light out of my face?"

It was now Twilight's turn to roll her eyes as she shined the light forward again and pressed on in the cave.

The team had been walking for a few minutes with no sign of any werewolf. Their footsteps echoed throughout the cave and their breaths were steamy, that was how empty it was.

"Where is this thing?!" Rainbow shouted, her voice giving a loud and long echo.

Musket and Twilight both shushed Rainbow in unison.

"We're trying to keep quiet!" Mukset whispered harshly. "We don't want the wolf sneaking up on us!"

Rainbow scoffed. "I doubt the thing's even here. I haven't been hearing a single thing from anything apart from our own footsteps aimlessly wandering around in this cave."

It was then that they all heard growling coming from further in the darkness. Everyone slowly turned to where the sound was coming from and Twilight and Musket shined their lights in the same direction.

From the darkness emerged a large, furry, grey hand, followed by another hand. It walked forward and the furry face was revealed to them all. Bright blue eyes and razor sharp teeth. It pushed itself up from the ground and stood on its back legs, showing off its incredible build and size. The werewolf had finally come and confronted them, and it was the one they had all yet to see for themselves.

"I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut..." Rainbow said guiltily.

The team slowly stepped backwards towards the exit. The wolf continued to approach them.

"It's so much bigger than I imagined," Musket said quietly with fear clearly heard in his voice.

"This has to be the one Sunset described to us," Twilight whimpered. "It's... It's so large."

"W-What are you waiting for?" Rainbow asked, being just as afraid as everyone else. "Just shoot it."

Musket shakily pointed his gun towards the wolf while still moving backwards. But as soon as the wolf heard the gun click, it roared and got back down onto all fours, ready to charge.

"It's about to charge at us!" Musket announced. "Quick! Head to the exit!"

The girl's both screamed and ran back the way they came, the werewolf followed closely behind. They could see the light at the end of the tunnel, they were almost outside, but then, the wolf overtook the team and stopped in front of them, blocking their only way of escaping. It slowly approached them again.

"Quick! Shoot it! Shoot it!" Rainbow Dash cried at Musket.

"No, wait! There has to be another way of dealing with it!" Twilight jumped in front of Musket to prevent him from killing the beast.

Then suddenly, another roar was heard, but it wasn't from the werewolf. Everyone turned to the source of the roar and saw another wolf. It had golden fur, a red and yellow fiery pattern travelling down its back and teal eyes. It was comparatively smaller in size than the grey wolf.

Twilight gasped when she saw the newcomer. She had a pretty good idea as to who it was. She inaudibly whispered, "Sunset."

The grey wolf had turned away from the team and looked directly at the golden wolf.

"Mate has arrived," it said in a growly voice.

Sunset growled and said, "I'm no mate of your's! Leave my friends alone and then leave this city!"

The grey wolf tilted its head in confusion. "Female make friends with prey? Prey try kill wolves! Wolves eat prey, not friend them! Female soft! Female weak!"

"Then I guess I'm not a regular werewolf!"

Now the grey wolf growled. "Then you die!"

The grey wolf readied itself and jumped towards the golden wolf. Sunset held onto the grey one as they both fell backwards towards the cliff edge. Sunset was pinned to the ground, arms held to the floor as the grey wolf tried to bite the face clean off.

Sunset lifted her legs from underneath and kicked the grey one off, sending it flying backwards. She stood back up and pushed the grey wolf against the wall of the mountain. She continuously shoved it back into the wall until she felt that it was stunned enough.

She went towards the trio. Musket and Rainbow Dash stepped back in fear and Musket began raising his gun at the golden fur, but Twilight turned and shot a glare at him that told him to put it down. She then turned back to the wolf and approached her with a relieved smile.

"I am so glad you're here right now, Sunset," she said, hugging the wolf.

Rainbow's eyes widened. "Wait, that's Sunset?!!" she shouted.

Sunset could hear the grey wolf growling again. It was getting back up. So, hurrying, she grabbed the team, ran out of the cave and took them all off of the cliff. She placed them back down after getting them away and gestured them to stay put before going back.

After she ran away, Rainbow still had questions. "Sunset's a werewolf?!" asked Rainbow Dash again. "We gotta go save her!"

"We can't. It's far too dangerous," Musket said, watching Sunset run back.

"But she can't take that thing on her own! Look at the size of it! It could kill her!" Rainbow shouted, running in front of Musket's view. "Twilight, c'mon. You know we have to help her, right?"

Twilight was unsure. Her friend did need help, but she told them all to stay put. Twilight opened her mouth to speak, but then they could hear a panting just behind them.

When they all turned around, they saw Fluttershy flying down towards them. Once she came to the ground, she fell immediately onto her knees panting heavily.

"Fluttershy? What are you doing here?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Fluttershy looked up at them. "Sunset... werewolf... you guys... danger... I followed," she said inbetween heavy breaths.

Rainbow and Twilight helped Fluttershy to her feet, giving her support on each of their shoulders. While Fluttershy continued catching her breath, she saw Musket approaching her with a serious look.

"You shouldn't have followed your friend," he said to her. "This beast is far too dangerous for any of you all to handle."

"What? It's not too much for you?" Rainbow Dash retorted.

He now looked at Rainbow Dash with a mischievous grin. "You seem to forget, my dear, I have the werewolf's greatest weakness!"

"And yet, you didn't take the shot even when given the chance to." Rainbow frowned at the hunter. "You say it's too dangerous for us, but really you've only gotten as far as you did because of us. Let us help Sunset with you!"

Musket then turned his head in the direction where Sunset ran off to. He played with the idea in his mind. He thought that it may be worth it for additional support. He then got an idea and turned back to the girls.

"How about we go make some real use of your powers, then?"

Sunset slowly approached the grey wolf as it still sat against the cave's wall. It stared deeply into her with its big, blue eyes.

"You are strong female," it said to her.

Sunset didn't reply. She just stared back at it, growling loudly.

"But it take more than that," it finished before getting itself up.

With incredible speed, it jumped forward and tackled Sunset, pinning her to the ground once more. With one hand golding her down, the grey wolf used the other to continuously punch Sunset's muzzle.

Sunset attempted hitting back, but with the only hand that wasn't held down, the grey wolf easily avoided her throws.

Sunset was in trouble now. She had no way of escaping. Her face felt numb. Her free arm had no more energy to protect her. Everything was beginning to darken for her. All she could now really see was the moon in the sky. The light from it was dimming very fast. She could only barely see it now. This looked like the end.

But then, the punching suddenly ended as something had hit the grey wolf. The grey fur looked up and behind it and it saw Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, dropping any large rocks they could both find onto its head.

Seeing an opportunity, Sunset broke her bound hand free and grabbed the neck of the grey wolf. Using all of her strength, she threw the wolf over the edge along with herself. She positioned herself to be on top of it as they both plummeted to the ground.

They both crashed into the ground, Sunset’s attack was successful. But then, the grey wolf began to rise again as if nothing had happened. It knocked Sunset off of its back and turned towards her, death now being seen in its eyes.

It ran towards her, throwing an arm back with its claws spread out. It was going to slash her.

But when its hand came towards her, a purple aura had caught it by its wrist and pulled its arms back. Sunset looked over it and saw Twilight using all of her strength to hold the grey wolf back. Sunset then used this chance to begin punching it now. Unfortunately, her punches seemed to be doing nothing against the wolf.

The grey wolf struggled against Twilight's magic and had managed to break free. Twilight fell to the ground from the exhaustion. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy flew back down and helped Twilight back up to her feet.

The grey wolf lifted Sunset upwards by her neck and began charging to the wall. She was pushed right up against the rocky wall as she continued to throw punches its way.

Seeing that he now had a clear shot, Mukset pointed his gun directly towards the werewolves. There was nothing to distract him now. He was about to end this once and for all. He put his finger onto the trigger and he was ready to shoot.

But just as he pulled the trigger, his gun was forcefully pushed upwards.

"No!" Twilight shouted from behind him. She used whatever magic she had left to stop Musket from shooting the wolves.

But even if Twilight ruined Musket's shot, the bullet still hit something. They both heard an extremely loud roar coming from the wolves.

The grey wolf loosened its grip around Sunset... and Sunset fell to the ground.

"SUNSET!!" Twilight screamed in terror.

Sunset laid flat onto the ground. She wasn't moving. The bullet from Musket's gun had caught her.

And now that one of its problems were finally out of the way, the grey wolf turned around to face the now team of four. It slowly began approaching them again, this time without anything that could possibly interfere.

Musket pointed his gun again and pulled the trigger. But nothing came out. He realised that he needed to refill the ammunition. Quickly, he reached into his bag and brought out a box of silver bullets.

"Hurry up!" Rainbow Dash rushed Musket.

He did exactly that, which caused him to drop the box. Bullets scattered all across the dirt ground surrounding him. He rushed to pick one up and tried to slot it into the gun, finding it difficult due to how fast he was now forced to do it.

The wolf then came so close to them all. They couldn't possibly escape from it now. It reached out a large hand towards them, ready to finally kill...

But then, it was forcefully pulled backwards. Something pulled on its arms, holding them behind its back. It looked behind itself to see that it was Sunset who interrupted once again. She held the grey wolf's arms behind its back tightly, giving a clear shot.

She roared something towards the team. Fluttershy used her magic to communicate with her.

"Now! Shoot it now!" Sunset was shouting.

"She's saying to shoot it now!" Fluttershy announced. "You have to hurry!"

Musket looked towards Twilight, who looked very scared. But hesitantly, she nodded at him. Getting the message from her, Musket reloaded his gun with a single silver bullet and, for the last time, pointed his weapon. He aimed right at the heart of the grey wolf. Now, with a steady shot, he pulled the trigger and the bullet came flying out with a big bang. It came towards the wolf and it pierced its chest.

The grey wolf cried an ear piercing scream as the bullet was lodged deep into its chest. Its eyes slowly became duller and the scream began die down. Sunset let go of it and the grey wolf fell to the ground with a large thud. It was finally dead.

Sunset remained standing there, looking down at the corpse that now laid before her. They had all done it. The werewolf was finally put to an end. Peace could finally be brought, once again, to the city of Canterlot.

But suddenly, her head began to pound painfully. She moaned loudly and fell down to her knees, clutching her head tightly. She started feeling very dizzy. As if she could pass put at any second.

"Sunset? Are you okay?" Twilight asked, running towards the golden wolf.

Sunset looked up at her friend. But her vision had become very blurry, she could barely make out Twilight's face.

"Sunset? Speak to me! Are you okay?" Twilight's voice had clear worry in it. She lifted the wolf's face to look at her's directly.

Sunset couldn't stay awake any longer. Where she stood, she fell onto the ground, unconscious. All she then heard was someone shouting, "Sunset!"

Author's Note:

You're almost there...