• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 11,705 Views, 333 Comments

The Ap-parent Trap - Bakmah Genesis



Celestia always dreamed of a foal. Just never expected it to be like this.

  • ...
29
 333
 11,705

Chapter 9

“Are you sure she didn’t go overboard?” asked Chrysalis, looking over the long list of suggestions that Cadence had put together. Celestia asked Chrysalis for her opinion on some of the suggestions so they could try and get it planned before preparations had to begin.

“Love is her specialty. And with that comes one of the most romantic things two ponies can do.” said Celestia, leafing through the flower catalogue Cadence gave them. Highlighted inside was her suggestions. “If there is anyone who can be considered an expert at weddings, it would be Cadence.”

“I understand the concept, but I don’t understand the need for everything to be so fancy.” said Chrysalis with a huff, tossing aside the color schemes. “I understand the rings, flowers are always nice, dresses make sense for the occasion, and the party at the end is always welcome. But why must so much money be spent on things that will be used once? Even the dresses, most of the ones I’ve seen are elaborate, expensive, made to fit one pony, and only ever used for that one time. The groom will get more use out of his Tux, than the bride with her gown.”

“Then ask Rarity for something that can be universal.” suggested Celestia, looking up from the catalogue. “Something that is stunning and suits you, but can be used for any formal event. Though, you may find that having a dress with such importance is best used once, as it has a special meaning. Taking it to some other formal event that doesn’t have the same amount of emotion to it won’t feel right. It is why many mares where it once then keep it in a safe place.”

“I suppose.” said Chrysalis, thoughtfully. She combed through a couple more pages before letting out a sigh. “I do admit this has all gone by rather fast. I almost expect to get whiplash from how quickly these last months have gone.”

“Sometimes, that is how life works.” said Celestia, setting aside her catalogue. “It is a series of unexpected events. A few months ago neither of us expected to be planning our own wedding, nor to be expecting a foal. However, that is what was planned for us in some twisted fate.” Chrysalis let out a chuckle as she picked up her pile again.

The two of them spent the next hour picking out different color schemes, flower choices, etc. They bickered for a solid half hour on who should be the groom. Finally, they decided on Chrysalis, as it fit her demeanor more.

After awhile, they had decided on most of what needed to be done. Shining Armor was in charge of security during the wedding, similar to how he was in charge during his wedding. Chrysalis poked fun at the stallion after he was appointed head of head security, much to the annoyance of the stallion and amusement to Cadence.

“Rarity should be here in a few minutes.” said Celestia, looking at the clock. “She will have to see you first since there is a few things that I have to attend to. Try not to terrify the poor dear, she is truly a gifted dressmaker.”

“I don’t make any promises, Tia.” said Chrysalis, winking. Celestia’s cheeks burned red, the alicorn coughing as she turned towards the door.

“Well then, I will leave you to prepare. I will meet up with the two of you in an hour or so.” said Celestia. With that, Chrysalis was left to herself. The changeling sighed as she picked up the various papers that were scattered on the ground, organizing them as she set them on top of Celestia’s desk.

“Oh!” Chrysalis turned around to see a white unicorn with luggage in tow in the doorway. “Excuse me, I was just looking for the Princess.”

“She is busy.” said Chrysalis. “You are to see me first. She will join us in an hour or so.” The unicorn nodded slightly as she began to enter the room cautiously. Chrysalis raised an eyebrow before sighing. “You do not have to fear me. I have no intention in attacking you, I do not prey on love like some rabid vampony and drain life from you. I just wish for attire for my wedding and that is all.”

“You will have to excuse me for not being completely comfortable, darling.” said Rarity, eyeing Chrysalis as she opened up her bags. Out came a notepad and pen, followed by a pair of glasses and a tape measure. “However, as is my duty, I shall work on despite my fears.” The mare put up her chin confidently as she circled the changeling. “Now, am I making a gown or tuxedo for you, my dear?”

“Tux.” said Chrysalis. The changeling stood straight, her head forward as she watched the tape measure fly around her waist. “I may suggest going slightly larger around my waist. I don’t know how much the foal will grow by the time the wedding is to be held.”

“I figured.” said Rarity, the pen scribbly quickly beside her head. “I was hoping you would be the one in the gown. I could have put in elastic for the waist to compensate for growth. However, I will need to be creative. Any color suggestions?”

“Something to compliment dark green.” said Chrysalis. Rarity nodded her head as she moved to her front.

“A dark red would compliment your mane. Not sure how it would clash with Celestia.” said Rarity with a sigh. “Your colors are complete opposite! She is light while you are dark. It will make things difficult, but I can find a way to work with it.”

“They do say opposites attract.” said Chrysalis with a smirk. “Is this any different?”

“From what I heard about the conference a few days ago, it isn’t.” said Rarity. The mare moved to where Chrysalis could see her. “I may be a fashionista, but I am not daft. I must know was what you said really true, or were you just playing for the press?”

“Initially it was to make it seem I was less likely to be controlling Celestia.” said Chrysalis with a sigh. “However, I have started to wonder the sincerity of my words. I many ways, I have found myself attracted to your Princess. She has shown me more kindness than any other pony. As a mother to be, I find that to be a perfect trait in a pony I am bound to marry by law.”

“Oh how I love budding romances!” squealed Rarity, going back to measuring. “Do tell me, have you thought about expressing your love yet? I doubt much could go wrong with the situation you are in.”

“Explain.” said Chrysalis, raising an eyebrow.

“Well think about it. You two are engaged to marry under a political stance for peace. You are also pregnant with the heir to not only Equestria, but to the Changelings. You two are bound almost by fate. Even if things do not work out, you will still have a working relationship as rulers and as parents.” said Rarity.

“I think there are some flaws in your reasoning, but I see your point.” said Chrysalis. The Changeling let out a sigh, shaking her head. “I have thought about it, but the times have not really been right for it. Plus, I am afraid to share how I feel. For one reason or another.”

“Well you have the perfect opportunity in just a few months.” said Rarity, closing her notepad. “I am sure, come around your wedding, you will find the perfect time to express how you feel. Now, I should have all of my measurements, I will get back to you in a couple of days with some designs for you to choose from and once you have decided I can work on trying to get both of your orders complete before wedding practice.”

“You have my thanks.” said Chrysalis bowing her head. “And thank you for you advice. I just might follow your suggestion.”

“Anytime, darling.” said Rarity with a smile. She picked up her luggage and made her way out of the study. As the door shut behind her, Princess Celestia made her way around the corner.

“Ah, Rarity. I had something I wish to speak to you about.” said the Princess.

“I am all ears, Princess.” said Rarity with a smile. “We can talk on the way to my room, we can measure you there.” Celestia nodded as she walked beside the unicorn. “So what is you wanted to discuss?”

“Well I did hear that romance is a hobby of yours, so I could use some advice.” said Celestia, a slight blush adorning her cheeks. Rarity blinked, before glancing back at the room she just left.


“I would gladly help you, Princess.” said Rarity. She had no doubts that the wedding would be a night to remember.