• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 11,809 Views, 337 Comments

The Ap-parent Trap - Bakmah Genesis



Celestia always dreamed of a foal. Just never expected it to be like this.

  • ...
29
 337
 11,809

Chapter 4

Chrysalis found herself following behind the lunar princess. During her time in the castle in preparation for the invasion, Chrysalis had never seen Luna up close. Unlike her older sister, Luna was not around when Chrysalis was initially growing up, as she was hatched shortly after the banishment of the younger sister.

In all of the stories and tales of the Lunar Goddess, however, there was nothing about her almost foal-like behavior. The princess hopped forward towards the courtroom, humming a tune that the changeling had not heard of. Before they left, however, Celestia warned her to be on the lookout for pranks.

According to Luna, she had given her sister the day off due to the stress of work and her sudden pregnancy. Chrysalis only went along with it as she was not sure what else she could do since she was more or less a prisoner in the castle, she was just missing the chains and the constant platoon of guards following her whenever she needed to go to the bathroom.

The castle’s court hall was nothing overly special in Chrysalis’ opinion. Aside from the throne and red carpet, the only other decoration in the hall was the large stained glass windows that depicted some of the recent events. Nightmare Moon’s return, the gathering of the elements and other such moments. Chrysalis stopped with a frown as she got to the section that depicted her failure. The window made sure to make her out to be a hideous monster.

“All of these are subject to change.” said Luna. She was now calmly walking towards the throne. “If future events go well, these windows might paint you in a better light. But that is all in how you act, your decisions. You could always escape, raise your child in secret and attack Canterlot, and this theme will continue.”

“Or try and make amends with the ponies and change my fate as it were.” said Chrysalis flatly, changing into her disguise in a flash of green. Luna shrugged with a smile as she took her spot on the throne.

“As I said, it is your decision. But now you have more than just yourself and a kingdom to think about.” said Luna. “Now you are creating a life that will be more like you than any of your changelings could hope to be. And whether you like it or not, you grow emotionally attached to the foal you spent so much time creating and it will be up to you and Celestia what world that foal will grow up in.”

“See, at first,” started Chrysalis, walking towards the Princess. “I thought you were just a childish god, but now you got all philosophical and I am not sure what you are anymore.” Luna burst out laughing, motioning to the cushion next her. Chrysalis eyed her carefully before taking the seat. Suddenly, the hall was filled with a flatulent sound as Chrysalis seated herself, causing the Lunar Goddess to go into a fit of giggles. Chrysalis didn’t even see her hide the whoopee cushion.

The next couple of hours made Chrysalis want to take another long nap. Chrysalis held her own courts in the hive, but they were but love gathering missions and other important situations. However, she had listened to the same complaint three times all told from three different outlooks as three different nobles bickered about one another.

Looking over, Luna displayed an amount of alertness and patience that Chrysalis found ungodly. If her changelings did anything like this to her, she would have immediately booted them from the court and told them to get along. And yet, Luna listened to all of their sides and tried to come up with a compromise.

Finally, just as Chrysalis thought she was going to pass out from boredom, the does for the court closed for the day, causing her to groan in relief.

“I have no idea how you two put up with this.” said Chrysalis, groaning as she stood. “If my drones did this I would have banished them to scrubbing the floor of the hall with leaves or something.”

“Ponies can be a bit trivial.” said Luna, standing. She let out a low moan as she tried to relax her muscles after sitting for so long. “Especially the nobles, who grew up in wealth and in connection to the throne in some way. It causes them to be stuck up and think that everyone is beneath them.”

“Then some of them need to be taught a lesson.” huffed Chrysalis. “So now that court is done, what is your next idea? Or am I just going to stay in my room for the remainder of the day?”

“Nonsense!” said Luna cheerfully. “I could think of a few ways to entertain us. But first it is time for lunch!”


Celestia let out a low groan as a pair of hooves massaged her shoulders. It is not often that Celestia gets a chance to be free of her duties, maybe once or twice a month. And even rarer is how often she is able to get all the built up tension out of her shoulders. Thankfully, there was a shop not far from the castle that is always glad to free their schedule for their Princess.

After paying the store, even though they would have done it and more for free, Celestia made her way out into the busy afternoon streets of Canterlot. Ponies made their way in out of vendors while others took advantage of the clear skies and ate lunch outside.

While she was hesitant to admit, a day off was what she needed. She felt a lot more relaxed and clear headed. However, she had a feeling that she had been gone too long, over exposure to Luna could not be good Chrysalis.

As she prepared to make her way back to the castle, she felt something latch onto her leg. Looking down, she found herself face to face with her young pupil.

“Princess Celestia!” chirped Twilight, hugging her leg once more before hopping off. “I was just about to visit you before leaving back to Ponyville.” Celestia gulped, she had hoped that Twilight would not visit before she could figure out what she was going to do about Chrysalis, or at least give her enough time to hide the changeling.

“Twilight! I was not expecting you anytime soon.” said Celestia, faking a smile. “While it is nice to see you, I really need to head back to the castle and check on my sister.”

“That’s alright, I wanted to go say hi to her before I left, as well.” said Twilight following along with Celestia. Horseapples thought the princess as she allowed her to follow. The two of them walked in silence, Celestia secretly hoping that court was in extended session so Chrysalis would still be disguised, but she doubted it.

“So have you had any leads with the changelings?” asked Twilight, going to a subject Celestia hoped to avoid.

“Uh… just rumors and the such.” replied Celestia, really wanting a change in subject.

“Well what kind of rumors?” asked the unicorn. “Shining mentioned that they found another secret entrance. Do you think any changelings used it?” At this point, Celestia found herself hating Twilight’s inquisitive nature, trying to think of ways to dance around the subject.

“I was hoping to keep these things a secret for now.” said Celestia. “I may have to talk to Shining about discussing work when he is off-duty.” Twilight hopped in front of her, pouting.

“I’m sorry, Celestia! I didn’t mean to get my brother in trouble. I just got curious about it.” pleaded Twilight. Celestia cursed for Twilight being so cute.

“It is alright, my student. I just want him to know I expect him to be more secretive.” said Celestia, soothing the young unicorn. As they approached the doors to the castle, Celestia found herself hoping that she could get through this without any incidents.

Almost to prove her wrong, Celestia found her vision obstructed by what she could interpret was cake just shortly after opening the door. Inside the main hall, Chrysalis and Luna lay on the floor cackling madly. Celestia had feared her sister’s hobbies would rub off on the changeling.

“Oh gods, that was hilarious!” cackled Chrysalis, standing back up on her feet. “I am glad I took up your offer, Luna. We should do this more often.” Luna nodded as she picked herself back up.

“I must say, it is great to have an accomplice.” said Luna with a content sigh. “I normally would prank with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie but they do not visit enough to sate my urges.”

“What is she doing here?!” shrieked Twilight, causing the two to jump. Luna quickly put herself in front of Chrysalis to shield her.

“Look, Twilight. We can explain.” said Luna, flaring her wings to try to wide the changeling. Chrysalis backed up slightly, but readied her own magic if she needed to. Before Twilight could react, her eyes glowed gold for a split second before they rolled into the back of her head, causing the unicorn to fall the the ground unconscious.

“You know,” said Celestia, wiping the cake off of her face. “I was actually enjoying my day off.”