• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 11,807 Views, 337 Comments

The Ap-parent Trap - Bakmah Genesis



Celestia always dreamed of a foal. Just never expected it to be like this.

  • ...
29
 337
 11,807

Chapter 10

Chrysalis woke up with a groan, being careful as she rolled over to get up. The slight bump in her belly was now more noticeable, but not as large as it is supposed to get, according to the other mares that worked around the castle. Chrysalis was already to get slight back pains, she feared that by the time she went into labour she would need a wheelchair to get anywhere that wasn’t within easy reach.

Celestia’s bright, annoying sun blazed through her window, causing her to squint as she shuffled over to the bathroom. She knew she shouldn’t be too rough on the Princess, especially as they were to be wed the next day. After that, both Luna and Cadence have vowed to kick them out of the castle for a month for a honeymoon. They both argued the fact that they did not need such a thing, especially with all the other paperwork that needed finalization. However, it quickly became clear that it was not a choice.

Chrysalis walked out of her room with a yawn, her mane neatly brushed. The changeling groggily made her way into the dining hall. The other Princesses were already eating as Chrysalis sat down, not wasting any time to drink the coffee that was presented before her.

“Well good morning to you too.” said Celestia with a chuckle. “Are you prepared for the wedding practice later today?”

“As I will ever be.” said Chrysalis through a yawn. She took another swig of her coffee to wake her up, shaking her head. “I promise not to imprison anyone beneath the castle this time.”

“I would hope not.” said Celestia, cutting into her pancakes. “Not exactly a good way to start off the merger of our nations. It would be kinda awkward to explain, as well.”

“Tell ‘em they annoyed me and I couldn’t find the dungeons.” said Chrysalis, taking a bite out of her pancakes. She let out a low moan as she revelled in the taste. She would take the castle’s food over the hive’s any day. “What other plans do we for today aside from the practice? I doubt going over the wedding would take more than a few minutes.”

“About a half hour.” said Luna, taking a sip of her own coffee. “After that, I believe Cadence has some plans for you. As for Celestia, Twilight was taking her out for a treat from what I heard.”

“Wait a minute.” said Chrysalis, eyeing the pink, grinning alicorn. “You aren’t taking me out on a bachelor party, are you?”

“Of course I am!” squealed Cadence. “You don’t really have any other friends here in Canterlot, somepony has to throw you one. It’ll just be the two of us, and I know exactly where to go!” Chrysalis eyed the mare before letting out a sigh.

“I feel like I am going to regret this, but I will go along with your plan.” said Chrysalis, much to the enjoyment of Cadence.


Chrysalis spent the better part of an hour going through the wedding proceedings. As she did not have a mother to walk her down the aisle, she was going to end up walking herself down the aisle. As Cadence pointed out earlier, she would be Chrysalis’ Best Mare, while Celestia had the entirety of the Elements of Harmony as her Bridesmaids.

The wedding was similar in most ways to the wedding Cadence and Shining had, only the colors and vows were different. It was going to open to the public with a more selective reception that was mostly nobles. Chrysalis became fully aware of just how alone she was as she realized the entire wedding was ponies that were there more for Celestia than her. As they left the hall where the wedding was to held, Chrysalis rolled her eyes when she saw Cadence, the mare almost bouncing in place as she waited for her.

“I am scared at you have planned, I am just saying this now.” said Chrysalis, eyeing the alicorn. Cadence just laughed as she led the changeling out the castle doors.

“I would never lead you astray.” said Cadence, looking back at the changeling. “I don’t ruin ponies weddings.” Chrysalis winced, looking away from the alicorn.

“I never did say I was sorry.” said Chrysalis quietly. “I have realized recently how much these things meant to you, and out of my own selfishness I ruined a day that was meant for you.”

“You did for your people, which I can understand.” said Cadence with a shrug. “In the end, I still had my day. And after all this, you will have yours, and you will achieve the goal that were after all this time.”

“Weddings are meant for love, not politics.” said Chrysalis with a sigh. “And I feel that is all that this is.”

“Because that is what it is.” said Cadence, raising an eyebrow. “Unless, you want it to be more than that?” The changeling grew a deep green blush, turning her head away. Cadence’s face lit up with a smile as she suddenly turned around. “You actually do love Celestia!”

“Shush, woman!” growled Chrysalis, her blush growing. “Yes, I admit it! But I have not found out how I want to tell her, or even if she feels the same.”

“Oh Chrysalis,” said Cadence, shaking her head. “Tomorrow is the perfect time. A day that will be full of love, even if it doesn’t seem like it. You just have to tell her when you feel the time is right.”

“You sound like Rarity.” said Chrysalis with a smile. “I have thought about telling her after the reception. Though I have not decided if I really want to go through with it.”

“I am sure you will make your choice when it is right.” said Cadence. “Anyways, we are now at our first stop for this evening!” Looking up, Chrysalis saw that they were at one of the fancy restaurants that were near the castle. She recognized the name from the list of suggestions that Cadence had made for food caters.

“You want to bring a Changeling Queen, that ponies are bound to still hate, into a fancy restaurant in the middle of Canterlot?” asked Chrysalis, looking over at Cadence.

“Why not?” said Cadence with a shrug. “You are about to be part of Equestrian Royalty. Might as well go out into the public, even if that means going to a restaurant.” Cadence started to head inside, Chrysalis hesitantly followed behind, tempted to disguise herself before anyone could notice.

Inside, Cadence apparently already set up a table and motioned for Chrysalis to join her. The changeling looked at the other patrons, who were all staring at her the moment she entered. Taking a deep breath, Chrysalis held her head tall and made her way towards Cadence, taking her seat opposite of her, still conscious of the looks she was getting.

After they ordered, the two of them sat and made small talk. Chrysalis found it hard to make conversation at first, not sure what she could really talk about. However, Cadence quickly started asking questions about changelings, which Chrysalis was willing to answer for the sake of conversation.

After their food came, they spent the next hour talking about changeling culture before changing subjects to past love escapades.

“Celestia is not the first pony to catch my eye.” said Chrysalis, bringing up another fork full of her salad. “I have actually dated a few different stallions, and a few mares in my time.”

“Oooh, I can always go for stories about ex-lovers.” said Cadence with a grin. Chrysalis set down her fork with a laugh.

“My first ever coltfriend was a rather dashing pegasus. At the time, he held all the different speed records, but this was over six or more hundred years ago so they have been long broken.” said Chrysalis, rolling her eyes. “Anyways, he was a sweetheart at first, but after awhile I realized that he was just a big airhead that just wanted sex, and my disguise at the time was pretty good if I do say so myself.”

“Were all of your dates only when you were disguised?” asked Cadence, raising an eyebrow.

“Not all of them.” said Chrysalis. “I try and gauge what their reaction would be prior to revealing myself. If I think it won’t go well, I don’t risk it. If it seems safe, I will carefully reveal myself and see how it goes. If it seems like things will go south, I erase their memory and just continue with the disguise for awhile or just call it off afterwards.”

“Not exactly very romantic.” said Cadence, taking a sip of her wine.

“You try to be romantic when you are a giant bug queen that feeds off of love.” said Chrysalis with a huff. “I did try to have a serious relationship outside of a disguise plenty of times, but after awhile, it became clear it would not work, and I stopped trying.”

“So when was the last time you actually tried to date a pony? Or at all, for that matter.” asked Cadence. Chrysalis thought a moment before shrugging.

“I don’t know. I think my last date was around the lunar eclipse of 631 A.N.?” said Chrysalis. Cadence looked at her in shock.*

“You mean you haven’t been in a date in over three hundred years?” said Cadence.

“Nope.” said Chrysalis with a shake of her head. “Haven’t been rutted in just as long, now that I think about it.”

“Okay, first of all, girl you need to get laid. And second of all, how could you have went that long without even trying to date?” asked Cadence.

“Same Celestia probably has.” said Chrysalis. “You worry about only running your country, or in my case a hive, and not give yourself time for such things as relationships.”

“You two really are sad.” said Cadence with a sigh. “Which means we should go to the second part of our bachelor party.”

“And what exactly did you have in mind?” asked Chrysalis. Cadence looked at the changeling with a big grin.


“You can’t be serious.” said Chrysalis looking up at the pink neon sign that hanged on the building in front of her.

“Of course I am.” said Cadence proudly. “I told you had a party in mind.”

“Yes, but I didn’t expect a strip club!” exclaimed Chrysalis, pointing at the posters of scantily clothed mares.

“Oh come on, it is almost tradition for the groom to go to a strip club before his wedding.” said Cadence, walking inside. From where she stood, Chrysalis could smell the lust that poured out of the doors. Having a little taste, she let out a small moan before following Cadence with a defeated sigh.

Once inside, her senses were assaulted by a multitude of things at once. Bright lights danced across the darkened wall, but weren’t quite overbearing as those who sat in the drinking booths weren’t disturbed. Stallions stood around the runway as a white unicorn mare worked the pole in the center.

The smell of the lust hit her like a wall, just the scent causing her head to get fuzzy as she followed Cadence to a booth. She sat down across from the alicorn, her eyes following the mares in the room as Cadence ordered drinks.

“I made sure only pop and water for you.” said Cadence, looking over at Chrysalis. “You okay?”

“Lust is similar to love to changelings.” said Chrysalis, shaking the fuzz momentarily. “However, the effects of absorbing it is similar to drinking alcohol. It makes you ditzy.” Cadence giggled at Chrysalis as the changeling swayed slightly.

“You just walked in here and you already looked hammered.” said Cadence with a content sigh. “I will make sure that next time we go out not to take you to a strip club again. We’ll stay here for a little while and head back before you get too wasted.”

Chrysalis absent mindlessly nodded. She swayed in her seat to the beat of the music that played from the speakers. She was fixated on the stripper in the middle of the room, her eyes following her every movement. Chrysalis could barely hear her name as everything blacked out.


Cadence let out a heavy sigh as she closed the door to Chrysalis’ room. They were in the strip club for only a few minutes before Chrysalis blacked out from too much lust. She made a mental note to steer clear from strip clubs and some bars when she is with Chrysalis.

She carefully made her way next door to Celestia’s room, opening the door enough to peek inside. The alabaster alicorn laid face first in her bed, a lamp shade off to the side of her head and confetti stuck in her head. Cadence had no doubt that Pinkie Pie was in charge of the Bachelorette party. If it wasn’t for the foal, Cadence might have had Pinkie plan the Bachelor party as well, but she knew of the mare’s tendency to spike the punch at parties. She let out a giggle as she closed the door to her aunt’s room.

“They would make a great couple.”

Author's Note:

*A.N. stands for After Nightmare since idk if MLP has an actual year system. I would also assume that this is around 1001 A.N. as comparison to Chrysalis' comment on her last date.

Whew! So this was actually finished the same day I finished Ch.9, which I finished the day Ch.8 was published. >.> So I wrote 3 chapters in 2 days. Yay for being jobless! (It actually sucks) The next chapter is the Wedding, it will probably take up more than one chapter, idk yet. It will probably be pretty long since I have to fit some pre-ceremony shit in, the actual ceremony, and then more than likely the reception with some stuff mixed in there. ;)