• Published 30th Jun 2018
  • 432 Views, 1 Comments

Guardians of Harmony - Burning_Heart



Ten-thousand years have passed since the Guardians of Harmony were last seen. With the forces of evil starting to rise once again, it will be up to the reincarnations of the guardians to protect the earth.

  • ...
 1
 432

Chapter 2

I start to wake up, feeling sore throughout my whole body as I try to rise up. "OW. I don't remember hurting this much before." I open my eye's and noticed that I'm in a strange room. It reminds me of a room that you would see in a fantasy book. "Where am I?"

"We're in the Sun Castle." Someone answered my question and I look to see who it was. I turn to see Scarlet by the doorway. "Scarlet!" I try to get up to go hug her but the pain throughout my whole hurt so bad that I can barely move. "Easy there, Taylor." She walks to me and shows me a cup of this green liquid stuff. "Here, drink this."

"Um, what is it?"

"It's something that will eliminate the pain." Eliminate the pain, what is she talking about. Well, if Scarlet says it'll work, let's give it a try. One small problem, I try to lift my arms and I just can't. "Here, let me help." Scarlet lifts me up and tilts my head back, putting the cup against my lips so that I can drink the liquid. For what reason, it tastes like apples. After I drank the last drop, the pain in my body completely disappeared. "Wow."

"Is the pain all gone?"

"Um, ya it is."

"Good." Suddenly, Scarlet catches me off guard and surprise hugs me. "Wow. Scarlet." But what surprised me the most was that, while holding me, Scarlet starts crying. "Taylor, I missed you so much." I can now feel tears starting to come out of me as well and I hug her back. "I missed you too." After not seeing each other for five years, we just sat there holding each other for what felt like hours. We soon let go of each other when a thought crossed my mind. "Scarlet, where's Scott."

"Sis?" I hear Scott's voice and I look to see him in the doorway with someone. The two of us see eye to eye. Tears start to form in Scott's eyes and he runs to me and hugs me. "Oh, Sis. I'm so happy you're still alive. I thought that you might have died like Mom and Dad." I start to pet the top of Scott's head. "I'm happy to see you still alive Scott." But there's something that I need to tell you. "I'm so sorry for not believing you about the monster." I continue to hold Scott and I look over at Scarlet, who is shocked at hearing about Mom and Dad. "Is that true, Taylor. Are Nick and Tanya really." I nod, "Ya, it's true."

"I'm truly sorry for your lost, Taylor and Scott." The woman who came here with Scott finally spoke. I look at her closely and see that it's Miss Cosmos. But she's wearing a pure white dress, looking like a greek goddess, and a crown on top of her head. That's right. Scarlet gets up and walks to the woman. "Taylor, we'll catch up later. Allow me to introduce you two to Queen Celestia Sol Cosmos, Queen of the Sun," said Scarlet.

"A pleasure to meet the two of you. Scarlet, once they've rested up, we all must speak of whats to come," said Queen Celestia.

"Yes, of course," said Scarlet. Queen Celestia then leave that we're in. "Scarlet. Is she really a Queen?"

"Yep."

"But, shes our homeroom teacher."

"Oh, we have the same homeroom. That's cool. Also, yes she is."

"I'm so confused." I start rubbing the temples of my head. All this is giving me a headache. Scarlet then walks over and grabs my hand and she looks me in the eye. "Don't worry, Taylor. Everything will be explained."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After Scott and I finished resting up, Scarlet escorted us throw this castle and leading us to where the Queen wants to talk to us. I must say, this place is huge. After walking around for a while now, we make it to our destination. It looks like the great hall of the castle and at the very back of the hall is the queen, sitting on the throne. "Welcome, Taylor and Scott, to my Sun Castle."

"Wow, how very original."

"Scott, Manners. Um, Queen Celestia, I have a few questions."

"Yes, of course. Please ask away." So I take a deep breath, "Who are you, what is this please, what was that monster from before, how come Scarlet was controlling fire, why-." I feel someone grabbing my arms. "Taylor, calm down. One question at a time, okay," said Scarlet.

"Sorry."

"Relax, Taylor. I will explain everything," said Queen Celestia. She snaps her fingers and behind us, three chairs appear behind us. So Scott, Scarlet, and I take a seat to listen to what Queen Celestia has to tell us. "First, I must explain what I am. To put it the simplest way, I'm a god."

"Are you serious, a god," said Scott.

"Scott, let her explain."

"You see, long ago, I, Celestia Sol Cosmos, Queen of the Sun and my sister, Luna Selene Cosmos, Queen of the Moon, were given the task of watching over the Earth. For millennia, we would watch over the humans of this planet, while not allowed to interfere in their lives in any way."

"But why."

"It's my peoples believe that interfering with the lives of mortal would cause disharmony, that we should watch over them. But sadly, some of my people don't believe in this and think that we should rule over them. Soon, some of my people who attempt to take over the earth. When that happened, we were allowed to create a team of heroes to stop all oncoming threats to the planet. Seven individuals who Luna and I thought represented the Elements of Harmony, the strongest powers known to our people. Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, Empathy, and Magic.

"That sounds really girly."

"Scott, hush."

"Well, maybe this will change his mind," said Scarlet. Both Scott and I look at her as she raises her hand and a ball of fire appears in her hand. I look over at Scott and he is so shocked to see Scarlet wielding fire. "Along with bearing an element, that person also has the power to control an element of nature, such as fire. As demonstrated by Scarlet here," said Queen Celestia.

"Okay, I take it back. That's pretty cool," said Scott.

"Luckily, we were able to find those individuals who could bare the elements. Those individuals were Applejack, bearer of honesty and master of the earth. Fluttershy, bearer of kindness and master of water. Pinkie Pie, bearer of laughter and master of lightning. Rarity, bearer of generosity and master of ice. Rainbow Dash, bearer of loyalty and master of wind. Sunset Shimmer, bearer of empathy and master of fire. And finally Twilight Sparkle, the bearer, and master of magic. Together, they were the Guardians of Harmony, protectors of the earth. With their combined strength, they were able to keep the earth safe from all oncoming threats and sealed them away. From the embodiment of chaos, lords of the underworld, to the King of Shadows. Sadly, my sister started feeling that humans should be ruled over and tried to conquer the earth as well. She was the last opponent that the guardians' fought, but she proved too powerful cause it took every ounce of their strength to seal her away and sadly passed away."

"That terrible, I'm sorry all that happened, but you still haven't told us why you brought us here."

"That because I require your help." Help what does she mean by that. "In order to prevent the seals from breaking open, I need the help of the guardians, and I believe you two are the reincarnation of two of the guardians."

"Okay, now I lost. What do you mean reincarnation," asked Scott.

"After they died, I performed a spell on the guardians where, when the world will need them most, they will be reincarnated to help protect the earth once more." Okay now, all of this information really starting to hurt my head. Magic, gods, reincarnation. This is so much to process. "But how do you know, what makes you think that Scott and I are these reincarnations."

"It's because of the frozen space," said Scarlet.

"Frozen space?"

"Ya, that's what we call it. Remember when you two were in the park and it seemed like time had stopped. Well, whenever one of those monsters appear, for whatever reason, the area around them causes time to freezes and everybody in that area is frozen in place," said Scarlet.

"And the only people who are unaffected by the effects of the frozen space are the reincarnations of the guardians and myself," said Queen Celestia.

"So that's what happened," yelled Scott. I was surprised to hear Scott yell all of a sudden like that. "What do you mean?"

"When that monster appeared, Mom and Dad had stopped moving and didn't see the monster even though I was yelling at them about. But they didn't hear me, then that monster-" Scott didn't finish what he was saying, he just sat there covering his mouth and clenching his chest. I can only imagine what he must be thinking, knowing now what really happened to Mom and Dad. "Scott, why didn't you say something sooner."

"Why, no one believed me about the monster before, why would you believe me about that." Ouch, that hurt. But I don't blame him for thinking that. After all, no one believed him before. "So, if Sis and I are reincarnations, what now."

"First we need to find out which guardian you're the reincarnation of." Queen Celestia snaps her fingers once again and this time, a silk pillow pops in front of Scott and I. On the pillow rested six bracelets, each with a colored gem embedded in them. Looking closer at the pillow, there used to be another bracelet here. I look over at Scarlet and see that she's wearing one of them, one with a red gem. "Simple raise your hand over the bracelets."

"Will doing this allow us to fight against those monsters," said Scott.

"Yes, they can allow you to fight against them," said Queen Celestia.

"Good." So Scott raises his hand over the pillow. He waits for a minute, but nothing happens. "Why isn't anything happening."

"It would seem that you're not a reincarnation like I thought, Scott," said Queen Celestia. Scott gets mad, I don't know whats going on in his head right now, but I don't like it. "But I thought that you and the reincarnations are the only ones who could be in the frozen space."

"This is most puzzling indeed. I will do more research to look into this matter. But for now, it's your turn, Taylor," said Queen Celestia. I feel like there's something that she's not telling us, that she's hiding something. But for now, I'll compile for now and do as she says. So I raised my hand over the pillow and after a few seconds, the bracelet in the middle with the violet gem starts to glow. It rises up and it puts itself on my wrist. "Well, it looks like you are the reincarnation of Twilight Sparkle, Taylor. That makes you the new leader of the new of the guardians. Congratulations." Leader? What does she mean leader? The only thing I've lead was a science project in middle school. I feel that someone is patting me on the back and look to see it's Scarlet. "Congrats, Taylor."

"Hold on a minute. There must be some kind of mistake. How can I be the leader when Scarlet's been doing this longer."

"Because Twilight was the leader of the previous guardians. And since you are her reincarnation, that means it's your job to led the new guardians," said Queen Celestia.

"I'm sorry, this is just so much to take in. I need some time to think about all of this."

"Of course, take as much time as you need, Taylor. For now, I'll send you three back home," said Queen Celestia. And she snaps her fingers once again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just a moment, the three of us found ourselves back at the park from before. Great, let's just add teleportation to the growing list. "not fair." I hear Scott saying something to himself. So I walk over to him and place my hands on his shoulders, "What's wrong Scott?" But he pulls himself away from. He turns around and looks at me with an angry look on his face. "Scott?"

"It's not fair, you don't even want to fight. Why do you get to cool powers."

"Scott, listen."

"I just want to make those monsters pay. Pay for taking Mom and Dad away from us."

"Scott."

"You weren't there, Taylor. You weren't there to see that monster kill Mom and Dad."

"Scott, listen. I sorry for not believing you before."

"Sure, now you believe me. Where were you when I was telling everyone before about what happened. You know what, just leave me alone." Scott runs off to his bicycle and rides off. "Scott, wait!"

"Just let him be, Taylor," said Scarlet.

"But"

"Listen, both of you're worlds just changed after learning about all of this. Maybe he just needs some time to himself to think about all of this. I know I did." Maybe Scarlets right. Maybe he does need some time to himself. But I still can't stop worrying about him. "Just take your time and think about all this. If you don't want to do this, then you don't have too okay."

"Okay." I'm glad that Scarlets here, somebody needs to have a clear head around here. "Anyway, we should be heading back home. Oh let's exchange numbers," said Scarlet. So the two of us exchanged our phone numbers to the other before we part ways. I'm so happy to be reunited with Scarlet after so long, but the only things on my mind right now are what all just happened today and how Scotts doing. So I grab my bike and head home. After a few minutes passed, I make it back home. I walk through the door and are greeted by Cadence and Felicity. "Welcome home, Taylor," said Cadence.

"Thanks." Felicity stretches her tiny arm to me, so I take her from Cadence and hold her, "Hey there cutie."

"Um, do you know whats wrong with Scott, Taylor. When he got home, he looked really upset and went to his room and won't come out." I do know what's wrong, but I can't tell Cadence or Spencer about it. But what he was talking about earlier, about wanting revenge on those shadow monster. It just makes me hope that he doesn't try to do anything stupid.

Author's Note:

Wow, look at all the exposition.