• Published 30th Jun 2018
  • 435 Views, 1 Comments

Guardians of Harmony - Burning_Heart



Ten-thousand years have passed since the Guardians of Harmony were last seen. With the forces of evil starting to rise once again, it will be up to the reincarnations of the guardians to protect the earth.

  • ...
 1
 435

Chapter 1

"Hey, Taylor, wake up already!" My eyes are barely able to open up with it being so early in the morning. I wake up after hearing someone calling my name. I look up to see who it is and it's my litter brother, Scott. "Scott please, it to early. Let me sleep," so I pulled my covers over my head to try to go back to sleep. "Um, sis, it's after seven." My eyes widen and I shot myself out of bed, accidentally knocking Scott over. "Scott, why didn't you tell me sooner. I'm going to be late for the first day of school."

"I tried to, but you wouldn't move an inch." After helping Scott back up, I rush to the bathroom to get myself ready for school. After getting dressed I rushed myself downstairs to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. After eating, I head outside with Scott and we both grab our bicycles. But before we're able to head off, at the front door are my big brother, his wife, and their baby daughter. Spencer, Cadence, and Felicity. "Have a good day at school you two," said Spencer. Scott and I wave goodbye before we headed out.

My name is Taylor Sampson. After a car accident caused the death of my parents, my little brother, Scott, and I moved back to our old hometown to live with our big brother and his wife and daughter. The new school year started about a week ago and today I start my second year of high school while Scott starts his first year of middle school. We ride for a few minutes before we arrive at the middle school and I make sure to see Scott off. "Do you have everything Scott."

"Yes."

"If you need me or Spencer for anything, just give us a call okay."

"I know."

"Also"

"Taylor, I'll be fine. Go on now, you don't want to be late do you." Scott starts to walk away but I grabbed him so that I could give a hug, "I love you, Scott." Scott tried to wrestle himself out of the hug but I was holding him so tight that it didn't work. So he gave up and he hugged back. "I love you too, sis." I let him go and he runs off to the school but I'm still worried about him. He was in the car when mom and dad had the car accident but when we ask him what happen, he claims that a monster caused the accident. The doctor said he could be traumatized about what happened and that he'll remember eventually. So all we can do is wait, until then, if I don't hurry I'll be late for school.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Somehow I was able to make to school just in time. I made my way to the facility office where one of the teachers was able to point me in the direction of my homeroom. After walking around for a little bit, I was able to find the classroom. I knocked on the door. "Yes, come on in." I open the door and inside is a single woman sitting at a desk. So I walk inside so I can introduce myself. "Hello. My name is Taylor Samson. It's my first day here today."

"Aw yes. We've been expecting you, Miss Samson." The lady gets up from her desk and she walks to me. "My name is Sol Cosmos. Starting today I'll be your homeroom teacher." She extends her hand out and I go to shake it. I look up at her, realizing she's really tall but also very pretty. I soon realize I got distracted at how pretty she is that I shook her hand a little too long. I quickly let go, feeling pretty embarrassed. "Why do you find an empty seat, homeroom well be starting any minute now." I nod in agreement and went to go sit down.

After a few minutes passed, the classroom filled up with students and every seat was occupied, all except for one. Miss Cosmos went up in front of the classroom so that she can start homeroom. "Hello everyone, first off I would like to introduce you all to a new student who will be join us today, Taylor Sampson." Everyone looks at me, I don't know what to do so I just wave back to everyone. Gosh, I feel so embarrassed. After that, Miss Cosmos went to do a roll call to see who all is here. She eventually called one name that I recognized.

"Scarlet Summer?" My eyes widened once I heard that name. It's the name of my childhood friend back when I used to live here. I looked around the classroom to see who would answer. But nobody answered. "Well it looks she's absent today," said Miss Cosmos. She wraps up with the roll call, but afterward, I overheard some of the other students gossiping, "This makes the fourth-day shes missed."

"I know right, she was like this last year to in middle school. She missed so much school and was still able to keep her grades up. It so unfair."

It seemed like some of the students had a problem with this Scarlet and I have no idea if it's the same person I know or not. It was around five years ago when we had to move because of dad's job but I made sure to stay in contact with Scarlet, after all, we were BFF's. But it was a little over a year ago, Scarlet stopped talking to me and I don't know why. I was sad about it, I was afraid she wanted to stop being friends. I hope that I get a chance to talk to her since I'm back home. For now, I just need to focus on school for now.

After some time passed, it's time for lunch break. I went through the lunch line, grabbed my food and headed into the cafeteria. It looks like a lot of tables are taken, no surprises there it has been a week since school started so everyone has already found their own clicks. Lucky for me, I was able to find an empty table and made my way there. There I was, the new girl, sitting by myself at lunch, it's kind of sad. I hope Scott's doing okay. I look down at my food cause, let's be honest, schools lunches always taste bad. But then, I heard a screech of a chair being moved around my table and looked to see. And across from me is a girl with puffy pink hair. "HELLO!"

"Um, hello there."

"You're the new girl, Taylor, Right?"

"Yes, that's me." After answering her, a big smile grew on her face. "I knew it. It's nice to meet you. I'm Piper Paul."

"Um, nice to meet you, Piper." This girl seems a little too happy. Wait a minute, that's one of the names that Miss Cosmos called out this morning. "We're in the same homeroom, right?"

"Yep, you got it."

"So is there anything I can help you with, Piper?"

"I was thinking that we could be friends." I was surprised, a complete stranger just comes up to me asking me to be friends. "Um, sure I guess so."

"Great, as being my new friend and being a new student, allow me to show you around the school."

"Sure. That sounds nice."

"Great." Piper comes over to me a grabs me by the hand and drags me out of the cafeteria, just so that we can turn back around. "This here is the school cafeteria, where everyone can enjoy a good meal."

"Um, Piper. We just came out of there."

"Please save all comments for after the tour." Piper then continued to drag me around, showing me the different area of the school. From the gymnasium to the different room they use for clubs. "This is the gym where we do, um, gym things. It is also where our girls' volleyball team comes to practice. In fact, one of the best players on the team is from our homeroom. Her name's Riley Duke." The next place she took me was the where the school has their clubs.

"This here is the agriculture club, lead by Annabelle Smith. Shes already great at farming since at the Smith Farm just outside of town."

"Oh ya, I do remember passing a big farm when we arrived. Plus she's in our homeroom too."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The auditorium, where the drama club performs their plays with the schools best actress and lead costume designer, Rebecca Bell."

"Another person from our homeroom, but wow she sounds like a busy person."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Behold the out indoor swimming pool, where out swimming team trains."

"So who from our homeroom is in this team."

"*GASP* Are you a psychic, how did you know. Anyway, it's Fiona Scott."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"And this is the cooking club and before you ask, I'm in this club. I just love baking cakes and cookie."

"Something tells me you should lay off the sugar."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Soon, the tour came to an end. Being dragged around the whole school really took it out of me. "I will now answer any question you may have." I try to catch my breath after running around the whole school. But I did have one question, "Piper, could you tell me about someone named Scarlet Summer."

"Oh, her." Surprising, Piper, who has been all happy and energetic, grew really quite. "Scarlet is kind of a special case. She's not a bad person, but she really keeps to herself. After what happened last year." Piper quickly covers her mouth, stopping her self from saying anything. "Sorry I really shouldn't say. It's not my place to tell."

"Oh no, it's okay. Well, we should be heading back to class." Piper nodded and the two of us headed back to our classroom. But one thing that she said did stick with me for the rest of the day. She made it sound like something happened to this Scarlet last year and it was around a year ago since I talked to Scarlet. So they might be the same person but I'm still not sure. The rest of the day went by and the school day was over. I head over to where I parked my bike this morning and along the way, I ran into Piper. "Hey Taylor, want to hang out after school."

"Sorry Piper, I can't. I need to go pick up my young brother from the middle school."

"Oh, okay then. Be safe on your way home."

"You too. See you tomorrow." We both waved bye to each other. I felt bad since she went out of her way today to show me around the school today and wanted to become my friend. But right now, Scott is my top priority. So I got on my bike and made my way to the middle school. When I arrived all the students are leaving, but I didn't see Scott coming out. I looked over at the bike rack and saw that his bike is gone. I took my cell phone out and called his phone. "Hey, Taylor."

"Scott is everything okay. Where are you?"

"I'm at a nearby park, sis. Don't worry so much."

"Stay right there. I'm coming to you." We hung up and I made my way to the park he's at. I arrived at the park and find Scott under a gazebo. I get off my bike and run to Scott. I look at him and it looked as though he had gotten into a fight. "What happened, who did you get into a fight with."

"No one. Just some jerk named Grady."

"Scott, you know you shouldn't be getting into fights."

"But I didn't start it. Just because I'm new and he's older than me, he thinks he can just bully me."

"Scott, if someone is bullying you, you need to tell a teacher." I try to wrap my arm around him, but he moves away from where he was hitting. "Why, just so that no will believe me and tell me that everything will be fine."

"Scott, I-"

"Ever since the accident, I keep telling everyone that it was a monster that made us go off the road. But every time I do, you, Spencer, even the doctors tell me that I'm traumatized for the accident. I know what saw and-"

"Scott!" I raised my voice at him and got up from my set. "There are no such things as monsters. You need to stop this childishness." Scott bites his lip down and tears start to stream down his face. I felt bad about yelling at him but that changed, when suddenly everything went silent. The loud noises of the park of everyone playing and the dogs barking, all went silent. Scott and I both noticed the silence. We looked around us and it looked like everything was frozen in place. The only things that were still moving were just the two of us. Scott came over to me and grabbed my arm. What's happening, Sis."

"I have no idea." Suddenly, we heard the sounds of loud footsteps coming from behind us. We looked behind us and what I saw surprised me, it looked like a giant with long limbs made out of shadows with bright round white eyes. The thing was truly horrifying to look at but when I looked down at Scott, he was truly terrified. "That's it."

"What."

"That's the thing that caused mom and dad to drive off the road." No way, so everything that Scott said was true. It really was some monster all along. But before we knew it, the giant stopped and turned his head, looking right at us. It made eye contact with both of us and it started to run right at us. "SCOTT, RUN." Scott and I both started running away as fast as we could. We're able to keep our distance from the giant, but it sounds like it staying close behind us. I took a quick look behind me and saw that it was about to grab Scott. I turned around really quick and pushed Scott out of the way, with me being grabbed instead. It lifts me up high from the ground until it stopped. I look right into the giant's eyes and it started to squeeze me. "AAAAAAAAAA!" The pain was so intense, it almost made me passed out until it stopped. I was able to look down and saw Scott hitting it with a rock. "LET GO OF MY SISTER!" But the giant started to swing its free arm at him, so Scott threw the rock at the giant's head. The rock hits its eye, but not before hitting Scott. With the rock hitting the giant's eye, it loosens its grip on me and I fall to the ground. After hitting the ground, every part of my body hurts so bad. But the at doesn't matter now, I force my self up and I run over to Scott.

I make it to Scott, whos laying down on the ground. "SCOTT! Please be alright." I look down at him and I see he's not moving. I place my ear to his chest, hoping to hear his heartbeat. *bump, bump,**bump, bump* I can hear it. Hearing his heartbeat made so happy I could cry. Scott, I'm sorry I didn't believe you before. But then I can hear the giant approaching us. I look up to see. It starts to swing it's arm down on top of us and I try to shield Scott, not caring if I die.

I wait but nothing happened. In fact, it got warmer all of a sudden. I look up at the giant and I see it's on fire. But how did it happen? "Boy, talk about a reunion. Huh, Taylor." I look over to see who is talking to me and who I saw I couldn't believe. Long red and orange hair, cerulean colored eyes. "Scarlet? Is that you?"

"Yep, we'll catch up later. Right now leave this big boy to me."

"Scarlet, you need to leave. That thing is super strong and-" What I saw, I couldn't believe. But fire came out of Scarlet's hand and shoots the fire at the giant. "Just worry about Scott there. I've got this covered." Scarlet then runs at the giant with both hands on fire. "Scarlet, wait."

"Don't worry, Taylor Sampson. Your friend will be okay. She is one of my Guardians of Harmony" Another person starts talking to me, so look over to see and it looked like my homeroom teacher. "Miss Cosmos. Is that you?"

"Yes and no. I am your homeroom teacher, but my real name is Queen Celestia Sol Cosmos." Before I could understand what was going on. The pain from before hits all at once and I pass out.

Author's Note:

Just to make things clear, here is a list of the everyone and who they are supposed to be.
Taylor Sampson-Twilight Sparkle
Scarlet Summer-Sunset Shimmer
Annabelle Smith-Applejack
Riley Duke-Rainbow Dash
Rebecca Bell-Rarity
Fiona Scott-Fluttershy
Piper Paul-Pinkie Pie
Scott Sampson-Spike
Spencer Sampson-Shining Armor
Cadence Sampson-Princess Cadence
Felicity Samson-Flurry Heart