• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 929 Views, 29 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Number One Fan - CapNTilfy



Pinkie Pie receives a visitor claiming to be her number one fan. Book Four of "Not Just Any Other Old Day".

  • ...
3
 29
 929

Getting to Know You

Author's Note:

I hope the shorter chapters aren't too much of a turnoff. I just wanted to make them end on a cliffhanger, even though I don't think one would classify the endings of each of chapters as such.

Pinkie hit top speed as she neared Golden Crossbow. "Goooolllldeeeeeeennnnn!" She shouted as she pounced like a predator launching itself towards its prey. She grabbed him, and the two tumbled for several feet before finally stopping. "Hiya!" She said, grinning widely.

"That was quite an energetic hello, Pinkie." Golden said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Oh, gosh!" Pinkie said, her face red with embarrassment. "Are you okay? I think I got a teensy-weensy bit carried away there." She giggled nervously.

Golden got up off the ground. "Yeah, I'm fine. You don't need to worry." He said, wiping blades of grass off of his shirt and shorts.

"That's a relief." Pinkie said, then sighed and wiped sweat off of her brow. "Soooo." She said. "What do you do for a living?" Golden Crossbow blinked, confused. "Don't be bashful, Golden. I just want to get to you know a little better!" She said with a genuine smile.

Golden returned the smile. "I'm training to become a dentist." He said. "And you, Pinkie, have some serious pearly whites."

Pinkie laughed. "Aww, shucks." She said in a flattered tone, waving her hand. "Well, I do brush often."

"That's good to hear."

"So what brings you here?" Pinkie asked.

"Well, I decided to move here to be closer to my family."

Pinkie's eyes widened. "Ooh, do tell!"

"My family members are my aunt Florid Abundance, my uncle Citrus Splash, and my cousin Lemon Zest."

Pinkie Pie blinked, and began to sweat. She laughed nervously. "I...I'm sorry, could you repeat that?"

"My family members are my aunt Florid Abundance, my uncle Citrus Splash, and my cousin Lemon Zest."

Pinkie's eyes widened even further, then she launched herself into the air. "WHAAAAAT?!" She screamed as she rocketed skyward, then plummeted downward with a thud. She felt a hand pick her up off of the ground, but she was far too dazed to register who or what it was that helped her. "I'mma firin' mah layzor!" She said, then passed out on the ground.

---------------------------------------------

Once Pinkie Pie regained consciousness, she saw Rainbow Dash speaking to Golden Crossbow. She bolted off the ground and tackle-hugged her dear friend.

"Gah!" yelped Rainbow.

"Hiya, Dashie!" Pinkie said cheerfully. She blinked. "Wait, you know Golden Crossbow?" Rainbow nodded. Golden braced himself for what he thought would be another freakout. "Sweet!" said Pinkie. "I met him after I visited Sunset yesterday!" Golden breathed a sigh of relief.

"No way! Me too!" said Rainbow Dash.

Golden tensed up again, closing his eyes.

"Uhhh...Golden? Are you okay over there?" asked Pinkie.

"Yeah!" said Golden, laughing nervously. "Well, as long as you're feeling better, Pinkie, I should go. Later!"

"Bye, Golden!" said Pinkie as she waved.

"What was that all about, Pinkie?" asked Rainbow. "I know you tend to overreact sometimes..."

"Crush?! Who said anything about a crush?!" Pinkie immediately covered her mouth.

Rainbow's eyes widened. "Wait...you have a crush on him?!"

"Rainbow Dash, I can't possibly have a crush on him! He's an OC!" said Pinkie.

Rainbow blinked and opened her mouth, but decided not to pursue the subject. Just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie...

"I mean, he's a nice guy and all, but no. I don't have a crush on him." Pinkie said earnestly. There was a rustling in the nearby bushes. "Gah!" Pinkie yelped, then ran away at top speed.

---------------------------------------------

Once Pinkie stopped, she sighed. I can't believe I almost told Rainbow about Rarity's crush! That was almost too close for comfort! She looked at her phone to check the time and saw she had a text message from Rarity.

Pinkie Pie! Is everything okay? - Sent by Rarity

Pinkie smiled. She always loved it when her friends showed concern for her, even when it wasn't necessary. She sent a text back.

So...remember Golden Crossbow? - Sent by Pinkie Pie

Yes. What about him? - Sent by Rarity

It turns out he's Lemon Zest's cousin. - Sent by Pinkie Pie

Pinkie's toes wiggled uncontrollably, which meant that someone nearby had been shocked by something. She giggled, then sent another text.

I know, right? - Sent by Pinkie Pie

"Hi." Said a voice, directly into her ear.

Pinkie yelped, jumping a foot in the air. Standing right next to her was Star Tracker.